• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Just because you quote some random person on a forum who claims that they are right does not mean that they are right. Get over yourselves.
...I hate not being able to fight back... Just know that what he says is 100% true.

andimidna

Smash Master
Andy:

Chance: 20%

I agree he was underrated, but not by that much.
I don't see any reason to expect him.
Want: 85%
However, I do see the appeal.

Kamek:

Chance: 1%
I really just can't see him being playable next to the deconfirmed Magikoopas who are identical.
I agree that he was very underrated before the direct, I would have given him like a 30% chance then, but not now.
Want: 90%
I wish...
Bandana Dee:

Chance: 9%

Dedede's generic Waddle Dee was removed to remove the random aspect of the move. Simple as that. No relation to a specific Bandana Dee whatsoever.
And what completely counters the idea that a removed Waddle Dee helps his chances, is that the same frakin' generic Waddle Dees appear on Smash Run!
On Smash Run we see Waddle Dees and Parasol Dees... I honestly think, like with Kamek, it would be redundant to include a playable character that is almost identical.
Parasol Waddle Dees take away a move from Bandana Dee too, that was a potential move for him, but this is not significant, I think we all know what his recovery would be.
The real grave of this character is found in the actual chances that we're getting a Kirby newcomer.
Sakurai was too modest to add much content from his own games until Brawl.
In Brawl we got TWO playable Kirby Newcomers!
The final 2 MAJOR CHARACTERS, Dedede and MK.
Now, Sakurai has revived a new series... Kid Icarus!
Palutena, of course, is our most likely newcomer.
And Namco is co-developing the game...
Do you see where I'm getting at? I don't think Sakurai is going to want to over-saturate the roster with his own characters, we're probably not getting very many newcomers. Palutena is by far the priority in Kid Icarus and Kirby characters combined. I don't think Namco is in charge of choosing characters at all, well, except if they get to choose one of their own. I think this large development team will have more say. And Palutena uses a staff. Now how would a spear work? I don't see opponent getting skewered in matches, seriously, how would that look right? So I imagine them working like swords. I don't see much uniqueness potential, and if he was confirmed, I think he would really stand out as an odd choice if he just swung around a spear and didn't have a gimmick like the other newcomers have. Seriously, even WFT has Deep Breathing.
A spear character, I don't see happening. I don't see much to work with, sorry.
A Kirby newcomer, I don't see happening. Sorry.
They never come up on SmashBoards, but I see Magolor and Prince Fluff requested more on places like Miiverse. People like to over-state the popularity of a character when they're around fans of the character. And well, that's Bandana Dee on SmashBoards. But him in other places? When do you hear his name? I don't. I didn't even think of him in Smash until I came on this site and saw everybody was crazy for a little Waddle Dee! Really, guys? I don't want to criticize people for what they like, that would be uncalled for. But there are so many users her just devoted to him. You're all acting like a bunch of Diddy Kongs praising your Impa Dee :p
Overall, he really isn't a popular pick. You have to consider the fact that Sakurai doesn't have a SmashBoards account :p
If they wanted to know the popularity of a character, well, polls.
And from what I've seen, he doesn't do well on polls.
The chance of a Kirby newcomer? I'd say 15%
2% goes to Magolor
1% goes to Prince Fluff
1% is shared by Adeline, Dark Matter, and many others that belong in this category.
So he's by far the most likely 4th Kirby rep. BUT DOES THIS MAKE HIM LIKELY?
Well, Krystal is the most likely 4th Starfox rep.
These 2 are actually very comparable.
Similar weapons. Both from series unlikely to get a 4th character.
However, Krystal's popularity is the opposite. Low here but high pretty much everywhere else.
Honestly, for a character with that type of weapon moveset, I'd say both Palutena and Krystal are more likely than Bandana Dee.
I'm sure I'll be in a discussion with other ratings soon, so I might as well just stop and continue when responded with something relevant to wait I'm saying...
He should really be considered a surprise character, so while he is possible, he is completely unnecessary.
Very popular? No.
Very unique? No.
Very important? No.
Very recent? Yes.
Very requested? No.

He's got recency. Yay?
C'mon guys, don't overrate him... think it through... he is a surprise character...

Want: 0%
I'm pretty sick of hearing his name at this point. I kind of wanted him before I came on SmashBoards, but all the obsessed users got me sick of seeing his name. I'd be happier to just see him as a trophy. Seems like an awkward assist choice too IMO

Warning: I didn't re-read my rant, there could be flaws. Like, a lot.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Before everybody rates and uses the 2 false arguments users here, like me and his fans, have been trying to eliminate for the past few pages:

Bandana Dee isn't a generic Waddle Dee, therefore:
+ He is not deconfirmed by Smash Run

- He is not affected by Waddle Dee Toss

Seriously guys. Before you say it. No. Just no.
I think you've said this enough (three separate days has this discussion happened) and I think it's wise to just drop it. At this point just give your rating and if other people use the Waddle Dee toss as an argument just let them and keep your honor intact.

Also, recall Groose asked us to keep things nice and civil.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
100% true in regards to... your opinion? Their opinion?
This is coming from a Bandana Dee detractor.
I think it makes him redundant and slightly less viable, but not deconfirmed.
However... deconfirmed=0%
And you gave a 5%
So, you're score=not deconfirmed
So, I have no problem with it.
If somebody gives a 0%, they're wrong. He has a chance.
But I disagree with those giving him 30%+...

I think you've said this enough (three separate days has this discussion happened) and I think it's wise to just drop it. At this point just give your rating and if other people use the Waddle Dee toss as an argument just let them and keep your honor intact.
I thought I was keeping my "honor intact" by giving both sides:
-not deconfirmed
-chances not raised
It's not like my post even made a difference though. Just look up. However, he gave a 5%, so I guess it's not really using the argument...

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My ignore list gets a boost every Waddle Dee rating... eugh!

Waddle Dee toss can no longer house him as a super rare ammo.
Smash Run now houses normal Waddle Dees, which have no name difference.
He still could be an AT, or just not appear at all.
There was only one newcomer revealed in a Smash Direct making it appear the chances of auxiliary characters is low.

What does this all mean? People are going to argue the toss about it and ruin the game once more.

Rating: 5%
I once gave him the benefit of the doubt as a spear user, but now I don't see it. The game's coming out soon, and we've got very few of the fan pleasing characters.... in my opinion Waddle Dee just doesn't have the demand or importance to get into Smash Bros.

**** that guy, the day he gets revealed/deconfirmed is going to be worse than Ridley.

Andy: 12%
The problem is that Andy represents Advanced Wars and not the Wars series, if he was in from the get go on the Famicom he'd of been in in Melee probably. As it is he's pretty unknown, but the VC release and lack of Wars stuff does hep him a bit I guess. Moreover, still wondering what the unrevealed IS game is... I still think he's unlikely, but we haven't seen the Wars Brigade as an AT yet, so they might have gone to him.

Want: 80%
I'm a pretty big Wars fan, they're good games, and I played the heck out of them when I was younger, and since actually looking at the moveset possibilities for myself I'm really interested in him... if they get it right. Andy could well be a summoner type character, making mini Tank and Helicopters (probably acting autonomously rather than being controlled) etc. for his Specials (he does have the wrenches to do so), and they would have easy enough animations to be viable summons in a 3D game. Moreover it would represent the series better than Sami's normal moveset, and make for an interesting and unique character... If they do it right...

Kamek: 0%
Kamek is the Japanese name for Magikoopa, and they're already in smash run. We may see them as different, but in Japan they don't. As such, she's deconfirmed.

I always thought she'd make a better AT, and am kinda bummed that this means she probably can't.

Palutena: 88.5%
The leak is strong with this one, I can foresee a few 99%s, and I haven't even decided if I'll be one of them.

Ridley: 35.4%
Does something smell fishy to you? THE PENGUIN! Wait, no, not 60s batman, the fact that Ridley is far from deconfirmed, or even technically confirmed as a boss on Pyrosphere (the allusion is very strong, sure, but Sakurai has been very careful to say when a popular character's not playable before [except for Stafi and Xerneas I guess, but now they're fully deconfirmed])... I think tomorrow is going to have one of the highest standard deviations in RTC history... probably not as high as Waddle Dee, but one of the highest.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
We are rating Waddle Dee and I gave him 0% because 'Waddle Dee' is deconfirmed; however, Bandana Dee gets an additional 5% due to the aesthetics of his bandana. This is what I said in a nutshell. Yes, Bandana Dee may have a key role in the newer Kirby series and I don't discredit that, in fact, I gave him a 30% want rating, but don't sit there and tell me Bandana Dee is not connected in any way to a Waddle Dee.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ehhh, drop it guys. We don't want this day to get ugly like the previous rerates.

Bandana Dee:
Likelihood: 18%
I still don't see much reason for Kirby to get 4 characters. He's lucky to not be in Smash 4, and Dedede's moveset being changed.

Want: 60%
I've been playing Return of Dreamland a LOT lately, so I've warmed up. Not entirely sold on him yet though. (I don't use him that much as I find Dedede and Meta Knight easier to use.)

Kamek:
Likelihood: 1%
Magikoopas in Smash 4 killed his chances.

Want: 50%
Not too big on him, but he would have been a cool character.

Andy:
Likelihood: 10%
We haven't seen any Wars related content yet. Whether it's a boon or a bane, hard to say.

Want: 50%
A deserving character, but I have no connection to the wars series.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Bandana Dee Likelihood: 20%
Want: 55%

Kamek Likelihood: 5%
Want: 35%

Andy Likelihood: 30%

andimidna

Smash Master
We are rating Waddle Dee and I gave him 0% because 'Waddle Dee' is deconfirmed; however, Bandana Dee gets an additional 5% due to the aesthetics of his bandana. This is what I said in a nutshell. Yes, Bandana Dee may have a key role in the newer Kirby series and I don't discredit that, in fact, I gave him a 30% want rating, but don't sit there and tell me Bandana Dee is not connected in any way to a Waddle Dee.
Oh, I didn't even notice that the title said Waddle Dee.
Well in the charts it says Waddle Dee and shows a picture of Bandana Dee
I think it's like Ganondorf vs Ganon
There is a difference, but people don't seem to care.
EDIT: Actually they say Bandana Dee... did they used to say Waddle Dee?

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Andy

Want - 30%

Chance: 10%

Kamek:

Chance - 5%
Want - 10%

Bandana Dee:

Chance - 20%
Want - 50%

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Why do people still call him Waddle Dee? He was given an oficial name in tripple delux: Bandana Dee. (no that is not just his fan name anymore.) That reminds me, @ Groose Groose will you please change the title to say Bandana Dee?
I am trying to be as civil as I can and just to prevent any further arguments, I won't say another word about him til this day is over.

D

Deleted member

Andy

Chance: 15% - I guess he is underrated but eh, I can't really say much when there hasn't been much Wars content shown, I'm doubtful of him appearing in SSB4.

Want: 50% - I'm indifferent to him but I wouldn't mind Andy as a newcomer.

Kamek:

Chance: 5% - Ever since the Magikoopa appeared in Smash Run, things are not really looking up to Kamek. Doubt he has any further chances left.

Want: 0% - No thank you.

Going to abstain from Bandanna Dee

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Andy: 30% Chance | 95% Want. Tactical RPGs are some of my favorite games, and I think Advance Wars is quirky enough that it could be possible.

Kamek: 1% Chance | 35% Want. Magikoopas in Smash Run basically deconfirm him for me, which is good because all I think when I see him is that annoying Baby Mario noise.

Bandanna Dee: 12% Chance | 75% Want. I like Kirby games, but Bandanna Dee doesn't do enough to stick out at this point. It's a... spear. Whoop de doo.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Oh man.

Bandana Dee -
4.5% This is because I perceive the chances of a Kirby newcomer being this low, and while he might be the most obvious candidate, he isn't the only candidate. Rosalina wasn't the most obvious Mario candidate. I think he would make a great second Assist Trophy for the series (and it deserves three), but he is not a very common suggestion. The remaining newcomers will probably be crowd pleasers and/or represent eras of Nintendo's history while having unique movesets. I don't wanna argue about his moveset potential. A spear is cool and all, but there are characters who have a lot more star power and a lot more creative gimmick potential or both. and I actually like him and his series a lot. This is just my perception.
Want 5% I like him, but not for Smash.

Andy -
30%
I feel the chances of getting a GBA era rep are very high with this Virtual Console push, and it's either him or Isaac. His series has more history, but Isaac wins out a bit by popularity. Andy's srpg/units-driven moveset has so much potential it's insane, but Isaac isn't generic by any means. I would be happy with either, but would prefer Isaac.
Want 80%

Kamek -
2.5%
It's funny that a week ago he was underrated. Also, Kamek is to Magikoopas what Bandana Dee is to Waddle Dees. If you think a character's chances are low because of its species in Smash Run, it applies in both cases. If not, it applies in neither.
I think both are low in general, but that generic versions of them in Smash Run don't help. B-Dee has a few things going for him in general that Kamek does not, such as playability and more popularity, but Kamek actually has way more appearances including many recent ones. I wonder if he would be a Mario Bros. rep or a Yoshi rep, where he debuted?

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Andy

I don't think he was really underrated, to be honest. Not far off from where he should be.

The series was going strong with a title every couple years until 2008... then nothing. So it's fair to say it's a series in hibernation, which hurts their chances. Wars has at least one or two other options for reps, and while Andy might be the frontrunner, he's not the only realistic choice. I think a Wars rep has maybe a 20% chance of getting a rep, which is divided among two or three choices, so...

Andy chances: 8%

Andy want: 50%
I don't care either way.

Kamek

Kamek is the name of both the character and the species (Magikoopa) in Japan. He has the same appearance as a regular Magikoopa (or at least, I can't see what the difference is). Magikoopas/Kameks appear in Smash Run.

So the chances are quite doubtful.

Kamek chances: 0.07%

Kamek want: 25%
I don't feel the need for him just because Yoshi "needs" a rep. Yoshi games star Yoshi, but largely draw from Mario games for their other characters, and Kamek is no exception. Yoshi doesn't need a second rep, IMO.

And finally...

Bandana Dee

So, I was underrating him before, in response to the ridiculousness I was seeing. Not like in a conscious "I'll cancel out your vote" way, but... due to annoyance.

Waddle Dee Toss > Gordo Toss
Anyway, Dedede doesn't have Waddle Dees in his moveset. I'm not a fan of Bandana Dee, but I will admit that helps him. Why? Well, Bandana Dee is not the same as a regular Waddle Dee, that's true. But he's still a Waddle Dee. I think it would be weird if they made Captain Toad a character, but Peach still uses Toad as a move. But it's not THAT important either.

Dedede Final Smash
We haven't seen this yet. It contained his army of grunts, and that had Waddle Dees in it. I also see less reason for it to change as it was not a move based on randomness like Waddle Dee Toss. So we'll have to see what happens there. I think if that changes as well, it's more of an indication for Bandana Dee. If it stays the same, then he reverts to where he was before.

Smash Run
Of course, Waddle Dees do appear in Smash Run, largely negating any benefit he got from the change to Waddle Dee Toss. Smash Run is not as important as Dedede's move set, however. So he still comes out ever so slightly ahead.

Overall, I still don't think Kirby is due for or needs another rep. I don't think it's likely to get one. But there is a chance. And if it gets one, it'll most likely be Bandana Dee. We're nearing the end of speculation (just a couple months til E3, which will reveal tons more, and then another couple months til release, most likely). I honestly don't see Bandana Dee as a hype generator. His popularity here mystifies me.

The spear doesn't make him all that unique either, as far as moveset potential. As I've explained before, he's too small for it to give him that impressive of a reach, and so he wouldn't play that differently from a sword wielder with a few more thrust moves. Hector from FE would be more likely to have a unique spear-based moveset, IMO.

Bandana Dee chances: 11%
This is a solid bit better than what I rated him before, so don't get mad.

Bandana Dee want: 0%
I never thought he deserved it or was needed for his series. He's a cute joke, but not anything I'd get excited over, even in his games. But his supporters have made me dislike him.

Prediction:

Palutena: 95%

Ridley: 20%

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Andy
Chances: 15%
Andy is by far the most likely of the Advance Wars characters to become playable. It's still not saying much, but the lack of the Infantry Assist Trophy within the Direct can be taken as a positive sign. Alternatively though it could also mean Sakurai doesn't see the Wars series as important enough to receive anymore than a trophy, or Sticker should they return.

Honestly? I want a Wars rep, and preferably it'd be Andy. There's been some really clever moveset ideas for the character within the thread and Wars is probably in the top three biggest IPs without representation as of yet.

Kamek
Chances: 4%
Whilst the Magikoopa aren't Kamek(although Kamek IS a Magikoopa) the fact they look so identical may hurt his chances. However, there's always the R.O.B. situation from Brawl which could work in his favour. Keyword; could, probably won't, but could. A new Yoshi rep was always a long shot though.

Want: 3%
I love Kamek, but not as a playable character. I'd far prefer to see the Magikoopa as an AT or a Stage Boss Hazard thing which would allow him to perform his most iconic move; enlarging and shrinking opponents. For a playable that doesn't really work. Even as a Yoshi mainer, I don't feel Yoshi requires a second rep; it's overall less of it's own thing than either the Wario or DK series, seeing how Kamek can also be classed as a Mario character, as can Yoshi himself.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chance: 35%
"Sakurai's too modest" my ass. Smash Run is based off Kirby's Air Ride, the sheer amount of items Kid Icarus received in that Direct and Pit's new FS seems like an overpowered monster of a FS. Gone are the days of modesty; he's got three Smash games under his belt, all of which are critically acclaimed, and he knows people love Kirby.
Bandana Waddle Dee is an up and coming darkhorse with enough support in Japan(according to Chrono's findings) to prove he has a fanbase.

No longer a part of Dedede, the Waddle Dee species has been set free...only to find itself in Smash Run. However, once again R.O.B. had a very similar existence, thus I don't count it as either a plus or a minus.

Overall Bandana Waddle Dee is less likely than he is likely, but I can still see him happening.

Want: 80%
I like Bandana Waddle Dee plenty, and he's probably my second favourite Nintendo Battle Butler after Toad. Enough to work with moveset wise, I doubt it'll be anything super unique and gimmicky, but frankly by this point I just want some more standard newcomer fighters that AREN'T Wii Fit Trainer. Bandana Waddle Dee would be fine for this position.

I could live without Bandana Waddle Dee for another Smash iteration quite easily, but his inclusion would only be a plus for me.

Predictions:
Palutena: 90%
Nothing but hints at the Direct to her inclusion, and once again I don't buy this "Sakurai's too Modest" thing. He may have been in the past, but people's modesty can easily be swept away with enough praise, of which he's received plenty.

Ridley: 52%
The Ridley fans seem to be a little too early to be calling their most wanted deconfirmed, especially when one considers how goddamn suspicious that Ridley shadow was. Still predicting a decent sized drop for Riddles chances.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Waddle Dee Chance - 2%

I feel like I'm being generous here. If Toad can't get a playable slot, Waddle Dee certainly won't.

Waddle Dee want - 0%

No.

Kamek chance - 4%

Not that great, plus magikoopas were seen in smash run.

Kamek want - 0%

Not interested.

Andy chance - 32%

I feel Andy is a bit of a dark horse coming into this.

Andy want - 85%

I'd be very happy to see Advance Wars get a rep.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Now it's time for me to be super-****ing impartial (at least that's what people will say).

Bandana Dee:
Likelihood- 20%
As much as I love the little guy (which is a lot), he's not all that likely. Due to having the three "main characters", and Sakurai as head developer, there is modesty. BUT, Sakurai no longer develops Kirby games, therefore he didn't really create Bandana Dee. It's as if you're saying Miyamoto designed the characters from Oracle of Seasons/Ages, which was developed by Capcom. So while you can say that Sakurai is modest about his series, you can't justify him being modest about the character himself.

Want- 100%
Such happiness on the day he is revealed, if it happens. Such potential, with spear, parasol and Megaton Punch, it would be a welcome surprise.

Andy:
Likelihood- 25%
Not much, but we don't have any Advance Wars stuff yet, but it's always possible.

Want- 0%
I don't dislike him, I just know nothing about him, so I can't make a fair judgment.

Kamek
Likelihood- 1%
Smash Run does not bode well for him.

Want- 75%
I actually think he's really cool as a villain and character, but that might be because my first game was the original Yoshi's Island.

Smady

Smash Master
Bandanna Dee

10% Chance: I agree that Sakurai is beyond modesty. He would put in a fourth Kirby rep given the opportunity, but that would require a Kirby character who actually deserves a spot on the roster. I just don't think Bandanna Dee cuts it in this respect, among the general Smash fans. He's quirky and likable but not exactly a hype builder. However, if it were to happen, he'd certainly be the fourth Kirby character. His increased role in the recent games and especially in Return to Dreamland make it all too obvious, but I feel he'd fit in as an assist trophy more than a playable character.

75% Want: I like this character, he's fun and has a great little gimmick. I loved playing the guy in RtDL co-op, I think it'd be a hilarious and great end to Kirby's slice of the roster. None are going to get in ever again if this happens. His playstyle would be fairly straightforward, lacking in the usual flashy nonsense of other newcomers, which I agree isn't all bad when the only other newcomer like that is the Wii Fit Trainer. A solid character for all of those reasons.

Andy

5% Chance: The assist trophy showcase only helped Tingle in my opinion, as the others that weren't shown - Advance Wars, Isaac - were in fact hidden in Brawl, whereas Tingle was a standard one. I do feel all of these will either be revealed on release day or on the Dojo at some point, but Andy's chances remain low. His series is sadly dead, and he's not the only character possible to come from AW. There are other protagonists from all the games to fit this role.

I also just don't feel the love for AW from Smash games in general. There has never been a stage, or any inspiration in the adventure modes, or that much of a presence in trophies or music. I don't know about stickers, but all of that other stuff really makes it seem like Sakurai isn't such a big fan, as to put the effort into a heavily minion-based Andy moveset.

50% Want: This could be a fun set despite the amount of effort it'd take. I'm mostly imagining a version of the assist trophy in playable form, where Andy's melee is using his wrench. However the character himself is a really cookie cutter protagonist who I'd prefer be a villain (as AW has a few very fun ones), which is practically an impossibility. I imagine I'd be far more excited to see this set in motion.

Kamek

1% Chance: I am in the mind that the Magikoopas more-or-less confirmed Kamek is out. In Japan, the difference between the two is more obscured than in the West. As the second character from Yoshi, Kamek would bring a moveset that would easily stand out from the crowd and be a tonne of fun but it's kind of obvious Sakurai prefers to use him as an enemy. Similar situation as Toad.

80% Want: The potential in Kamek for a good set is very good, he can change the properties of the stage, summon minions and manipulate the two in tandem. His flying and wand as a potential melee weapon also open up some new avenues for a moveset. You could go a million ways making a Kamek set - I've seen a good few myself - which is mostly what has me interested. As a character I also am fond of Kamek, he's a minion that stands by now overly-exposed and clownish Bowser out of loyalty, despite being the obvious brains behind the operation whenever he does appear (mostly in the NSMB or Yoshi games.)

Palutena Prediction: 94%
Easily the most likely newcomer after that direct's many hints toward her being playable. I see a good few 100s.

Ridley Prediction: 35%
That direct will cast a shadow over Ridley's chances. I'm not sorry.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Bandana Dee's chances: 10% - I don't think the lack of Waddle Dee toss helps his chances, but I think I did slightly underrate him before. I still don't think we'll get another Kirby character, though.
Want: 30% - Mehhhhhhhhh

Andy's chances: 15% - The most likely choice for a Wars character, and we haven't seen Wars content yet, but the series is dormant, which hurts him.
Want: 85% - I think the series should get a character.

Kamek's chances: 3% - I don't see Yoshi getting a second character.
Want: 60% - Wouldn't mind him at all.

Palutena prediction: 93.29% - Is she in yet?
Ridley prediction: 35.59% - Some think he's disconfirmed, others think he still has a chance but took a big hit, maybe even a few that still think he's got a good chance. Overall will suffer a large drop.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee:
Chance: 40%

Andy:
Chance: 15%
Want: 10%

Kamek:
Chance: 5%

Predictions:
Palutena: 96.7%
Easy the most overrated newcomer.

Ridley: 46.3%
Not sure how this is going to go, especially after the direct.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Kamek Chance: 1% Already deconfirmed as Magikoopa.
Kamek Want: 0% The magic seems a bit too generic to me to interest me.

Waddle Dee Prediction: 15%
Waddle Dee Want: 45%

Andy Chance: 15% Pretty good chances, but I say he has a good chance of being ignored as playable.
Andy Want: 90%

Palutena Prediction: 87.56% Easily the most likely after Mac thanks to lots of evidence and leaks.
Ridley Prediction: 25.24% Oh boy, here we go with the not deconfirmed, this should real gud. :troll:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Bandanna Dee
Want: 75%
Chances: 70%

Kamek
Chances: 10%

Andy
Chances: 10%

Predictions
Palutena: 90%
Ridley: 20%

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Andy -
Chance: 20%
Want: 70%
Andy has a lot of things going against him. He only appeared in two titles in the long running Nintendo Wars series and while he could be considered important to the series from a western viewpoint, the same cannot be said from a Japanese standpoint. The series isn't very popular overseas compared to the USA/Europe either. Ironically, the series went from Japan-exclusive to being so popular in the USA/Europe the last game was western-exclusive for the longest time. We did get a Wars AT in Brawl, so who knows? I'm a fan of the series myself so I wouldn't mind seeing a playable rep.

Kamek -
Chance: 5%
He appears in Smash Run as a common enemy; while this doesn't outright deconfirm him (ROB) it's a big blow to any chances he had.

Waddle Dee -
Chance: 10%
While they have been shown removed from DDD's side special, we don't know the extent of customization yet or if they will still be part of DDD's final smash. Regardless, Waddle Dee appears in two forms as common enemies in Smash Run. The two Waddle Dee variations from Super Star Ultra, Bandanna and Sailor, are very similar to Blue and Yellow Toad from the Mario series. Bandanna Waddle Dee is the more prominent of the two, like Blue Toad, and has been a multiplayer-only character in one game (KRtDL) and a "Toad House" style support character in the newest (KTD). A playable Waddle Dee in Smash Bros. is extremely unlikely; none of the Kirby games Sakurai directed had Waddle Dee as anything more than a common enemy or background character (Sailor Waddle Dee). Heck, Bandanna Waddle Dee was simply a mini-game costume for Waddle Dee in the original Super Star game he directed.

Bandanna Waddle Dee strangely enough has a huge fan group (this is coming from a Kirby fan myself), so I'll give him that. Most of the support claims for his inclusion are baseless fan conjecture though, such as being the "spear master" when the spear copy ability was based on previous game appearances of Waddle Dees using spears. He was also only shown using a spear in one game and has never carried one outside that title. Overall, I think the cons against his inclusion far outweigh the pros.

IMO, there's far too many important characters from currently unrepped series and far too many major Nintendo villains that need to become playable before Smash Bros. starts dipping into common enemies and support characters like Waddle Dee. I would be outright shocked if he became playable at this point.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Bandanna Dee Chances: 45%. I will agree he shouldn't be in the Top Ten, but I think chance percentage is underrated, even if by a little. Funny how that works.
Want: 0%. Don't care, not getting the game now.
Andy Chances: 50%. Can't tell if no AW AT is good or bad.
Want: 0%. See Bandanna Dee Want.
Kamek: 0%. Smash Run.
Want: 0%. See B. Dee Want again.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee?...

OK...Here I go...

-Bandana Dee:
Chances: 70% (The only reason this is not 80-90% is because I don't want to start another war)
Want: 100%

-Andy:
Chances: 11%
Want: 0% I would prefer Sami.

-Kamek:
Chances: 2%
Want: 60% :c

-Palutena Prediction: 97,8% XD

-Ridley Prediction: 34%

Not getting the game now.
Why? :c

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Andy:
Chance: 5%. Sorry, but I just can't see it happening when we still don't have reps from series like Golden Sun and Xenoblade
Want: 65%. I think he'd be pretty cool, but I'm clueless as to what a good move set would be.
Kamek:
Chance: .1%. Smash run, sorry bro.
Want: 80%. I love aerial fighters, so I think he would fit right in.
Banana Dee:
Chance: 10%. I honestly think Dedede's move was changed due to the 3ds's pathetic technical specs (same reason we lost transforming characters, but that's great imo) and being shown as enemies does not help is chances.
Want: 40%. I'm indifferent to him at this point.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee

Chance - 33% - Looking back, yeah, I think I slightly overrated him. While no where near likely, he still has a reasonable shot. If anything, I think he might be helped slightly by the direct, but it's negligible.

Want - 82% - Still the same, still rooting for him, still just worried he might take someone else who more important in his place.

Andy

Chance - 8% - Yeah, keeping this score. Not quite enough to eek out of possibility, though not completely improbable.

Want - 77.5% - He could have a very interesting move set, and I'd imagine he'd be very fun to play.

Kamek

Chance - 5% - While I don't view him as completely out of the count due to ROB, the fact that Kamek has no unique markings compared to any Magikoopa makes him a lot less likely in my eyes.

Want - 63% - Hey, he could be interesting. I don't actually support him, though.

Predictions

Palutena - 96.25% - She's practically confirmed, with all this trolling.

Ridley - 47.75% - A few people might cling onto whatever they can get, but the overall general opinion will be negative.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ridley deconfirmed.
Kamek deconfirmed.
Meowth deconfirmed.
Goroh deconfirmed.
Palutena practically confirmed.
Terrible customization.
3DS getting Melee style music AND stages.
And other things.
u_u

Well, if you don't care about any character, Will you rate with a 0% every character everyday in want? ._.
I know you are sad or angry now, but you can write "Abstain" for that situation.

Maybe this game will have some surprises for you in the future, and I personally don't think Ridley is deconfirmed :)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Planned Schedule (suggest characters affected by the Direct that I'm not thinking of):
1: Palutena and Ridley
2: K. Rool and Dixie Kong
3: Shulk and Mewtwo
4: Mii and Pac-Man
5: Takamaru and Lip
6: Chrom and Robin
7: Isaac and Ray
8: Ghirahim and Tingle
9: impa and Tetra
10: Black Shadow and Marshal
11: Lucina and Chomcina Team
12:Ivysaur and Squirtle
More???
I'd personally add Excitebiker, Barbara, and Jill Dozer as well for also being a few of the other assist trophies that weren't deconfirmed during the direct. I'd probably have all three of them share one day for all three not being characters that people ever saw as having that big of a chance in the first place, but I still think they'd be worth rating.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Planned Schedule (suggest characters affected by the Direct that I'm not thinking of):
1: Palutena and Ridley
2: K. Rool and Dixie Kong
3: Shulk and Mewtwo
4: Mii and Pac-Man
5: Takamaru and Lip
6: Chrom and Robin
7: Isaac and Ray
8: Ghirahim and Tingle
9: impa and Tetra
10: Black Shadow and Marshal
11: Lucina and Chomcina Team
12:Ivysaur and Squirtle
More???
Jigglypuff and Bowser Jr.? XD The concept is "Franchises with 6 characters". (Pokemon:pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja) (Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr.)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ridley deconfirmed.
Kamek deconfirmed.
Meowth deconfirmed.
Goroh deconfirmed.
Terrible customization.
And other things.
Man those things are so minor you'll forget all about them after 3 days of playing the game. I always found it weird that people bought the game based on who's on the roster or not. I like characters too, and I want them for Smash, but I'm not going to refuse to buy the game because they aren't in. Surely there are a bunch of other characters that are confirmed for Smash 4 that you want to play as? Besides it's a new Smash game - a whole new experience and metagame to explore, that alone is worth the full price.

Anyway;

Bandana Dee:
Chances: 5% - I suppose Dedede having a new side-B sort of helps, but not the Dees in Smash Run. But he isn't exactly impossible.
Want: 0% - No thanks, the Brawl 3 are the perfect representations for the Kirby series. Waddle Dee would just seem to be over-doing it for me.

Andy:
Chances - 5% - Honestly don't ever see him getting into Smash, but like Dee it's still possible no matter how unlikely.
Want: 40% - Never played the games he's in, but I'm curious to see what he could do.

Kamek:
Chances - 1% - Yeah the Magikoopas in Smash Run don't help her one bit.
Want - 30% - Just because she'd be a bit of a left-field choice and another Yoshi representation isn't a bad idea.

D

Deleted member

Oh dear lord... I already anticipated that there was going to be a flame war and look what happens? Ugh...

No more bias, no more 70%+ ratings. Let's give him a rating that he deserves.
First off, a pros and cons to a 4th Kirby rep:
Pros:
+Kirby is deserving of a 4th rep. The series has a decent amount of sales and had its 20th anniversary celebrated. Nintendo made a big deal out of Anniversaries for Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, and Luigi.
+Kirby is incredibly loved in Japan.
+I'll argue that Sakurai's modesty be damned. I sense that he has a bias for his own series; look at all the content Kid Icarus is getting!
Cons:
-There isn't a great deal of demand for a 4th Kirby character outside of Japan.
-Kirby isn't as popular as Mario or Zelda. It might be fine with 3 characters.
With this in mind, I predict a 35% chance of us getting a 4th Kirby rep. Magolor (new villain) and Prince Fluff (incredible potential and uniqueness) get 2% each while Gooey (Japan's 4th Kirby choice pre-Brawl) gets 1%.
What does that leave Bandana Dee at?
Bandana Dee
Chance:
30%

Let's do another pros and cons.
Pros:
+He is a character that Nintendo has been promoting alongside the main Kirby trio. He is definitely going to be a rising star of the Kirby series, much like Rosalina and Cranky Kong are for their series.
+The spear is a unique weapon. It gives Bandana Dee some great moveset potential and will make him a unique character.
+Waddle Dee Toss is removed! He can't be used in that! However, he still has to worry about King Dedede's Final Smash. I say his chances could increase if King Dedede's Final Smash has been changed to something like Masked Dedede.
+He has some demand in Japan. Again, Japan loves Kirby; their want for him stems for their love for Kirby. However, he is not near the same leagues as Shulk, King K. Rool, Palutena, Mewtwo, and Roy.
+While I mentioned 3 other Kirby characters, he has little to no competition. He is a shoo-in as the next Kirby rep. However, something like that is not guaranteed.
Cons:
-The spear, while it would make him unique, isn't a standout weapon. It's not like Shulk's Monado, Little Mac's boxing gloves, King K. Rool's Blunderbuss, or Palutena's staff.
-He's not wanted among other areas. Heck, when he was rated for the first time in RTC, GameFAQs gave him a 9% want. Ouch... that's harsh.
-He may be his own character, but he is still an enemy nonetheless. (While on the topic of this, he wouldn't work as a boss character like the Yellow Devil)
Honestly, I find that the pros outweigh the cons for Bandana Dee. However, the cons outweigh the pros for a 4th Kirby character. As a result, he gets a 30% chance.
Want: 100%
I love the Kirby series; it is an incredibly relaxing series for me. I love how I can just sit down and just pick up and play the games. The gameplay and platforming in those games is just absolutely good; a delight even. As a result, it has made me want Bandana Dee.
Just seeing all of the crap he gets from other people just makes me want him even more to the point where I am hoping that he makes it in Smash. Bandana Dee is my third most wanted newcomer, behind my number one Shulk and my number two confirmed Little Mac. (sorry Bandana Dee, if you wanna be my most wanted character, start wielding the Monado!)
If he got in, I would be pretty happy with him getting in! Though, I will be prepared for the storm that will be a-brewin' if he gets confirmed.

With that out of the way, let's rate to two underrated characters.

Andy
Chance:
15%

If we get a Wars character, it would most likely be him. Oddly enough, Wars is one of the most major Nintendo franchises that has gone unrepresented with a character. I am unsure if Sakurai will break the trend now, especially when new series like Xenoblade have been rising up, but I say that Andy has a decent shot of becoming playable. He is definitely a frontrunner for the series.
I haven't played a Wars game, but the series needs some love in Smash.

Kamek
Chance:
1%

Poor Kamek. He may be our go-to second Yoshi character, but such a thing isn't guaranteed at all... and that shines in Smash Run.
To Bandana Dee's credit, he has something to separate him from other Waddle Dees at least; Kamek looks exactly like other Magikoopas. I just find Yoshi to forever be doomed with only Yoshi as its rep...
Want: 5%
...And I find that to be for the best. Kamek could be cool, but ehh... I am not really asking for another Yoshi character. I think the series is fine with just Yoshi. I will not deny his awesome potential, however.

EDIT: I forgot predictions!
Palutena Prediction: 95.73%
The Direct has given her an Uprising in her chances. She has a lot going for her, arguably more so than Little Mac before.
Ridley Prediction: 25.33%
I'm curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
+Kirby is incredibly loved in Japan. I went on a website before this one and I saw a lot of drawings featuring Kirby. As I check the Japanese Smash Miiverse, Kirby also has a ton of drawings there too. He is definitely loved in that region.
Kirby is notoriously easy to draw, and therefore you see significantly more fan-art for him just out of ease.

I draw almost exclusively Kirby and Slime on Miiverse, and while it's true they're two of my favorite characters, they're not the only characters I like or want in Smash... I just can't draw any of them so stick to those I can...

D

Deleted member

Kirby is notoriously easy to draw, and therefore you see significantly more fan-art for him just out of ease.

I draw almost exclusively Kirby and Slime on Miiverse, and while it's true they're two of my favorite characters, they're not the only characters I like or want in Smash... I just can't draw any of them so stick to those I can...
I dunno... I feel as though that region just loves Kirby. To me, that explains why that Bandana Dee at least has some demand within that region.

Anyways, I really don't want to get into any Bandana Dee discussion...

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
I dunno... I feel as though that region just loves Kirby. To me, that explains why that Bandana Dee at least has some demand within that region.

Actually, I have noticed the Kirby- Japan Miiverse thing too.
I accidentally refreshed my page on a Japanese post and suddenly it was like I was on a Kirby community.
I swear, Miiverse is obsessed with Kirby, Rosalina, Goku, Shrek, and Miis.
Basically every other post is about one of those 5.

I'm not so sure if that actually helps his chances, Just wanted to add that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ridley deconfirmed.
Kamek deconfirmed.
Meowth deconfirmed.
Goroh deconfirmed.
Terrible customization.
And other things.
I'm pretty sure there would be some newcomer down the line who would interest you. Don't give up hope just yet.

And just curious, what were you expecting for customization?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Ah, sorry, I'm not saying he's without his fan-base, and it is more notable in Japan than in the west, just that due to the designs fan-art isn't as good an indicator... And no I don't want to walk down the Banana Dee path either, just felt I had to bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom