• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh dear... we're rating the overrated and underrated characters tomorrow? Prepare for Bandanageddon.
Previously revealed newcomers satisfaction has been added to the Directory.
If you have rated these newcomers in satisfaction, please check to see what you said!

Villager
Satisfaction:
95%

Thinking about it, he was probably in my top 10 newcomers before SSB4 was revealed. I wasn't hyped for him per se, but I wanted Animal Crossing to have a character. I never played an Animal Crossing game, but it deserved a character.
Also, his Final Smash is the reason why his Satisfaction has increased.

Mega Man
Satisfaction:
100%

Mega Man is still freaking awesome and this Direct made him more awesome.
I thought that he would get the boring Rush Adaptor as his Final Smash, but he got something far more cool!

This just perfectly represents Mega Man throughout the years and it is a beautiful representation of how the Blue Bomber has evolved. Amazing idea, Sakurai!

Wii Fit Trainer
Satisfaction:
25%

Ehh... with each passing newcomer, she gets a bit more boring in my eyes. If we get 3 newcomers at E3, I can see this drop 15%.

Rosalina
Satisfaction:
0%

Alright, I have two reasons why I hate this reveal.
1. Mario has two characters that are both deserving and both have a larger demand in Bowser Jr. and Toad. I have absolutely no idea why she got in over both of them.
2. I hate her moveset. It's unique, but I am a firm believer that it's going to be overpowered as we go deeper into SSB4's metagame. It took a long time for Olimar to get there, but she will too eventually.
She is just undeserving and forced. Greninja's reveal is something I could get behind because it had at least some sense; a character that represents X and Y. Rosalina doesn't make sense to me at all why she was chosen over Bowser Jr. and Toad. This wasn't a good surprise in my opinion; I hate her inclusion so much that I pass on watching her trailer.
No amount of comments or opinions will change mine. I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate the inclusion of Rosalina. If Nintendo and Sakurai are trying to make me like this character, then they pretty much failed. I love Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, but I still don't want to see Rosalina in Smash.

Little Mac
Satisfaction:
100%

The newcomer that I am still the most satisfied with. His footage in the Direct was absolutely awesome and gave me a better glimpse as to what he could do.
I remember in one Pic of the Day, Sakurai posted a pic of Little Mac and stated that the direction of the control stick/circle pad will change his side smash. I thought to myself, "Sakurai should have just captioned this 'More reasons to main Little Mac.'"
After thinking about it a while though... I think he lost the title as my most wanted newcomer if he wasn't confirmed. Honestly... I have been more hyped to see Shulk than I ever was for Little Mac. While I say this, Little Mac is still a character that I am considering maining and he is still a fantastic character that represents his boxing play style and his series perfectly.
He absolutely has earned his spot on the roster and I am glad that he is here to stay.
The only character right now that will make me more satisfied than Little Mac is Shulk. (and Bomberman, but he's a dream)

So my satisfaction goes like this:
1. Little Mac
2. Mega Man
3. Villager
4. Greninja
5. Wii Fit Trainer
6. Rosalina

As for the nominations... I'm OK with anything.

EDIT: Oh! We can predict the overrated and underrated characters!

Bandana Dee Prediction: 19.91%
He is going to get annihilated from his detractors and haters, but his fans will still keep him high. Will the Bandana saga ever end?
Andy Prediction: 14.53%
I sense that Andy will receive an increase in his chance. His ratings should be around here.
Kamek Prediction: 5.70%
Poor Kamek. We said that he was underrated and now people think that he is disconfirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'll bring my satisfaction over here in a bit :p
For now, take a look at what Miiverse thought of those 7.

Palutena: 93.12%
Chrom: 58.75%
King K Rool: 58.00%
Ghirahim: 45.375%
Mewtwo: 40.38%
Bandana Dee: 38.86%
Ridley: 16.45%

Interesting....
Too interesting...

Rosalina
Satisfaction:
0%

Alright, I have two reasons why I hate this reveal.
1. Mario has two characters that are both deserving and both have a larger demand in Bowser Jr. and Toad. I have absolutely no idea why she got in over both of them.
:glare: And does Rosalina make Bowser Jr and Toad impossible?
No, Peach is the reason Toad isn't happening.
And I think Bowser Jr has a good shot because of Greninja + Brawl + Mewtwo.
2. I hate her moveset. It's unique, but I am a firm believer that it's going to be overpowered as we go deeper into SSB4's metagame. It took a long time for Olimar to get there, but she will too eventually.
She's huge, she's light, she's not very fast, she doesn't look very powerful.
Without her Luma, she doesn't have that great of range. Her Luma takes a long time to summon.
Her Luma bounces on it's own and is not in full control. I don't understand why people think she will be overpowered.
She is just undeserving and forced.
People love to say this and pretend it's fact. But in reality, she was the most requested newcomer on Miiverse inbetween her 3d world reveal and her SSB reveal. She was much more popular than the other choices when she became viable. And would have continued this way if she wasn't confirmed only a month later.
Greninja's reveal is something I could get behind because it had at least some sense; a character that represents X and Y. Rosalina doesn't make sense to me at all why she was chosen over Bowser Jr. and Toad. This wasn't a good surprise in my opinion; I hate her inclusion so much that I pass on watching her trailer.
I wouldn't even call it a surprise. She has become extremely popular recently. Was in 3d World. Gateway Galaxy, the Galaxy associated with Rosalina, was confirmed as a stage. I thought she was very likely back then. I'm surprised people call her a surprise character.
No amount of comments or opinions will change mine. I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate the inclusion of Rosalina.
We get it, you have a personal bias against Rosalina. But don't pretend like you have official reasoning for it.
You just don't like her. I get that. But it pretty much ends there.
If Nintendo and Sakurai are trying to make me like this character, then they pretty much failed. I love Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, but I still don't want to see Rosalina in Smash.
Well it's a good thing they didn't do it for you. Because, well, they didn't.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Villager: 100%
My number two most awaited newcomer. Has a unique moveset that I'll look forward to maining.

Megaman: 65%
I must be one of the only people that don't care for Megaman.

Wii Fit Trainer: 40%
I accept her, but she seems very boring.

Rosalina: 85%
Second most wanted Mario newcomer, only after Paper Mario.

Little Mac: 70%
Hated Mac at first but he seems unique, I'm not a fan of boxer characters.

EDIT: Moved scores around a little and added brief reasons.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
SATISFACTION!

-Villager: 70%
-Mega Man: 95%
-Wii Fit Trainer: 70%
-Rosalina: 95%
-Little Mac: 80%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Villager: 80% -- He doesn't have the most appealing moveset, but I'm sure I'll have fun playing as him.

Mega Man: 100% -- I said this before and I'll say it again: Sora/Namco Bandai gave the Blue Bomber a better moveset than what Capcom gave him in Marvel vs. Capcom 1 & 2 (seriously, who used the Mega Ball?), and those games were released back when Capcom was good and long before they "killed" Mega Man. It may seem ridiculous comparing two different fighting game styles, but the new choice of weapons is what I pictured a playable Mega Man having in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Smash Bros. Mega Man might replace Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's MegaMan Volnutt (from Mega Man Legends/64) as my favorite fighting game interpretation of the Blue Bomber. Plus, he looks like a fun character in general, and that Final Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer: 85% -- The most bizarre addition to the roster, but her moveset appeals to me as much as the Villager's.

Rosalina: 90% -- Her and Little Mac are the most unique fighters, and she looks fun to play as in general.

Little Mac: 100% -- Same reasoning as Rosalina, plus his moveset looks like it was made for fighting games. If I could score my satisfaction beyond 100%, then I would.

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
Rosalina: 100000% (Okay, just 100%, I think her moveset is perfect and she is perfect, so I think she deserves a perfect score! I love her!)
Mega Man: 89% (They did everything right with him)
Villager: 85% (10% of that is for the Pocket of Doom)
Wii Fit Trainer: 83% (Hated at first, loved immediately after. I can't believe I can play as the freaking Trainer from Wii Fit still! WTF I LOVE IT!)
Little Mac: 63%
I always wanted and expected Little Mac, but my screen freezing during his trailer ruined a lot of the initial hype for me. I'm on the positive side for all newcomers so far though.
Another thing is, I really can't see myself maining Little Mac. The moveset doesn't appeal to me. I really wanted him, but I expected a bit more. The Rosalina and Greninja reveal trailer were a bit more "HYPE" to me. As they took a turn and surprised me!
I said "WOAH, ROSALINA!" and "WOW, GRENINJA?!"
For his, I heard the music...
"Yes! Little Mac! Where is he... There he is!... Ok, show the gameplay!... I know it's him... c'mon, okay... there we go.
Punches in? Really? Wow."
Yea... it was still a pretty great trailer, not a big fan of that art style, but I don't think Little Mac deserves any hate.
He's still great in my opinion.
I like them all. He just got me less hyped than the rest.
Rosalina hyped me especially because before her, I wasn't expecting a newcomer until E3 2014. And then we were able to get them in directs! Yes!
Plus, I love Lumas.

Bandana Dee: 25%
His fans have blinded themselves to only half of what they see. A generic Waddle Dee is out DDD's moveset, but they're in Smash Run.
Plus they're not him. He's not affected, and deserves a major decrease in chance.
Andy: 12%
People found him to be underrated, but I think most people agree with his placement.
Kamek: 2%
Sadly, looks kind of deconfirmed.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I honestly feel that option 4 is a terrible idea for the following reasons:

1. It would only be effective for the first few weeks after Direct. Right now a lot of people are united on what characters should be re-rated with Ridley, Palutena, and Pacman all being affected by post-direct information. However once all the characters affected by the direct have been rated, this board will go back to being completely divided on who to nominate.

2. It would make it almost impossible for certain characters and concepts to get rated if the idea is not widespread enough. Take the Rhythm Heaven characters for example, we would never have rated Karate Joe had hippopotasauce not been there to constantly nominate him every day and eventually get him to the top. The problem with option 4 is that it would require multiple people to nominate a character or concept in a single day, therefore only ideas that are widespread would get through.

3. It might discourage creative thinking. A person may come up with a great idea for a nomination but back down from it because they fear that they would not be able to get enough people on board.

4. It could lead to some overly competitive debates on who to nominate. Option 4 makes it so that multiple users would have to nominate a character/concept in a single day to get a rating. I can already see some users trying to "convince" other users to vote with them by creating long drawn out posts explaining why their nomination should get through.

If you guys want a nomination system that prevents troll nominations then the obvious choice of action is to simply ban those nominations altogether.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It's probably too late, but I propose a fifth option. Transfer the nominations of those characters effected by the direct to the normal nominations list rather than the re-rate and concepts list. As the regular list is about 50 to vote, and the re-rate is at 90 this will allow those characters to get rated more quickly.

The 4th option is particularly terrible as it means we'll only be rating popular characters, something that we've already failed on when it came to Greninja... (Also we'd never have rated Slime!)

Anywho:

Villager: 95%
That Lloid rocket seems so wrong, it tarnishes the bad-ass normal archetype to me, but at least it's from his games.... otherwise he looks great though, and I actually really like the FS, even if it's basically just Kirby's Cook.

Megaman: 100%
I originally thought his projectiles all seemed a bit normal (except the leaf shield I guess, but I think of that as a shield), and would have like the Bubble Lead so he had something a bit different to play with... then I saw what they did with the Air Shot! That looks awesome! I can't wait to get all the star KOs with it!
Oh, and that Final Smash is AMAZING!
If I can get into him he'll probably be my second or third, dependent on is Slime gets in. Kirby still takes priority though.

Wii Fit Trainer: 70%
Oh how the mighty have fallen! I loved Deep Breathing, it's exactly what I wanted it to be, and looked great, but Sunn Salutations?! Why does she have a charge shot?! Lloid rocket already feels out of place in Villager's moveset, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than this piece of crap. She was going to be a potential main, but now I'm not interested... Still deserving of the spot, but that move ruins her for me... and given she's more about Style than mechanics that's a really bad thing.

Rosalina: 50%
So, I still feel she doesn't deserve the Mario spot, but the more I see of her moveset the more thankful we have the character Archetype! I think it could be done by Palutena with a Centurion just as well, but I'm happy the character type is there, no matter who does it. She looks fun to play as and against, and that's what matters!

Little Mac: 85%
It's punching. It's very very good punching that really captures what Little Mac can do... but what Little Mac can do basically comes down to punching. I like the idea of a strong a grounded fighter, but he just Punches. The fact they made punching exciting in a fighting game is in itself fantastic, but I can't be as excited about it as I am for Villager or the like. And I just hate Giga Mac, sorry.

Andy: 12.2%
Dee: 41.1%
Kamek: 3.3%

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Villager: 100% Dat final smash.
Megaman: 50% He is alright love the final smash though.
Wii Fit Trainer: 50% She/he is ok.
Rosalina: 100% MY favorite moveset so far except for her final smash.
Little Mac: 25% I'm not very interested in this character.

Wait a minute I'm sugar coating and rounding too much. This is how I really feel:

Villager- Looks true to his series I like his quirky moveset, his design, and his final smash is very nice but i'm saddened to see Tom Nook relegated to that. However he's definitely my type of character and my interest has risen. 90%

Megaman- I've got no strong opinion because I'm not too familiar with him but he looks interesting to say the least and I like both his final smash and moveset mechanics. 60%

Wii Fit Trainer- I don't know how to feel about them. Based on the last direct they're more interesting than I thought but part of me feels like they would have worked better as assist trophies the same way Nintendogs do. I'm willing to give them a chance though. 50%

Rosalina- I like the puppeteer moveset she is the most interesting to me so far but I didn't like her final smash it looks too weak for a cosmic witch I would have expected something bigger. 90%

Little Mac- I understand his inclusion and he doesn't bother me in the slightest but I definitely don't like ground based fighters and that's definitely decreased my already small interest. 0%

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Looking at my previous scores, my opinions are pretty much the same.

Villager: 90%
Same as before. Only slightly salty about not having Nook instead (I love Tanookis).

Mega Man: 75%
5% increase just because I'm becoming more and more fond of him over time. I really think he's only behind Rosalina in uniqueness.

Wii Fit Trainer: 75%
15% increase because she's actually not nearly as boring as we thought. Seems she'll rely on charging for an interesting mechanic that I think I'll enjoy.

Rosalina: 80%
I do like her. It's taken me some time to get over the fact that I'm probably not getting Toad, but I like her. Magic user, puppeteer, and round squishy yellowness is a great combination for me.

Little Mac: 70%
Decrease of 18% since hype has died down a bit. Still think he'll be interesting, but I am more inclined to aerial-based characters than ground-based ones too, so I'm starting to realize that he's just not the character for me.

Overall, I like the characters except for Greninja...but I've had no attachment to any of them besides Villager. Can I have someone who interests me, please? Doesn't take much. Just a Pac-Man, Takamaru, Palutena, or Ridley. kthnxbai

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Satisfaction
Before I was just rating everything 100%. Now that we know these newcomers better though, I feel more comfortable with going below that.

Villager - 70%
As time goes on the villager becomes less and less interesting for me. What's starting to bring him down the most is that while we get the Wii Fit TrainerS, the Villager still retains the dorky male look and there's no confirmation of a female villager. Additionally, we have yet to actually see him fully battle. Of all the characters so far, I have yet to see a clip of video in which Villager is just owning. As a result, I have come to see his moveset as zany but disorganized. There's potential there, but it's becoming less and less clear how the moveset works as a unit, and overall the character is becoming less hype worthy as we move along.

Mega Man - 100%
Mega Man is the complete opposite. We've known his entire moveset for a long time, and yet ... he keeps on getting cooler. Seeing him in battle is a joy, and everytime it becomes more and more clear that the Mega Man love is not only there but it's all-out, insanely well done.

Wii Fit Trainer - 80%
I admit, the WFT was getting boring to me due to the moveset, but this direct made her a bit more interesting as a result of the deep breathing technique. It's the sort of move that genuinely looks fun to incorporate in combos to really make the opponent tremble. The Sun Salutation I don't care too much about, but that deep breathin has actually made me want to use her, and that was never the case for me towards WFT.

Rosalina - 60%
Rosalina took a huge dive for me. Initially, she was a potential secondary, but seeing her in motion ... idk, I have the opposite feeling as other people. I feel like her moveset is far weaker than the trailer made it seem and she'll be so complicated to use correctly that she'll wind up in lower tiers. Like damn, Little Mac alone can just approach with a Jolt Haymaker and then proceed to wreck. I'm ok with the character, but seeing the moveset in action left me unsatisfied.

Little Mac- 90%
The only thing bringing him down is how he is truly a character I'd never feel comfortable maining. Almost feels like Fox in that sense. I'd practice with him out of interest to know the basic style of all characters, but so far he just doesn't seem my style. Still, the satisfaction is high because it's Little Mac and he just looks fantastic in the game.

Overall placement so far:
1 - Mega Man and Greninja
2 - Little Mac
3 - Wii Fit Trainer
4 - Villager
5 - Rosalina

REGARDING NOMINATIONS
Cheezy greninja'd me, I was about to say the same exact thing. Option 4 sounds like a great idea on paper, but the fact of the matter is that if we depend on popularity of vote each day, we'll only wind up rating the popular characters that EVERYONE feels make sense. And seriously, after Greninja, it's obvious why that's a problem--There's a bunch of options that do have chances that would not get considered if it wasn't for one/two brave souls constantly nominating them.
To give a personal example, I was the only one nominating a Balloon Fight stage, and BAM, we got it. We never got to actually rate it, but it became reality. With the system from option 4, I would have never gotten so close to having the idea rated because people would have been too eager to renominate other characters.

I feel option 2 is the best. Well, I think that's the one I'm thinking of. The one where we deal with the major characters affected by the Direct, particularly those in the top ten chance/want, first, and then once those are dealt with we return to normal nomination. Because yes, every now and then we get a stupid/joke character, but it's just as likely we get a unique concept, and when something important happens more than one person flocks to nominate it. So the system is fine as it is imo.

Almost forgot; We're predicting these, right?
Predictions
Andy - 16.4%
He should be going over 10%, and I feel like AW being on the VC recently might bring more awareness towards him
Waddle Dee - 54%
No clue whether the sheer love or sheer exhaustion of rating him will win.
Kamek - 2.4%
The Direct really harmed Kamek due to Smash Run.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Villager - 100%
Mega Man - 95%
WFT - 80%
Rosalina - 55%
Little Mac - 95%

Option Number 2 Please

Bandana Dee: 35.5%
Andy: 19%
Kamek: 11%

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Villager: 80% - I think he's cool and all, and I even wanted him back in Brawl, but after seeing him in action he looks sort of meh.
Mega Man: 100% - Was one of my most-wanted third-party characters, and he does not disappoint.
Wii Fit Trainer: 75% - I was initially shocked at this, because it's so.. weird. But after seeing her in action, I'm excited. Looks fun.
Rosalina: 100% - Rosalina is my second favorite Mario universe character, and seeing her get into this game made me incredibly happy. Plus the Luma gameplay looks amazingly fun.
Little Mac: 75% - I figured he was a shoe-in this time around, and that turned out to be true. I like that they're making him a risk/reward character, but I've never been very interested in the Punch-Out series.

As for the rerates, I'm going to go with option 2.

I think we're supposed to wait until tomorrow to vote on Bandana Dee, Andy, and Kamek, but if I'm wrong, someone let me know. xD

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee: 25%
His fans have blinded themselves to only half of what they see. A generic Waddle Dee is out DDD's moveset, but they're in Smash Run.
Plus they're not him. He's not affected, and deserves a major decrease in chance.
I don't know...here is what I think:

Bandana Dee's possibilities before the Direct:

-Newcomer
-AT
-Waddle Dee Toss
-Dedede's Final Smash
-Just a Trophy/Sticker

Bandana Dee's possibilities after the Direct:
-Newcomer
-AT
-Dedede's Final Smash
-Just a Trophy/Sticker

That means he has more chances imo :/

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't know...here is what I think:
Bandana Dee's possibilities before the Direct:
-Newcomer
-AT
-Waddle Dee Toss
-Dedede's Final Smash
-Just a Trophy/Sticker

Bandana Dee's possibilities after the Direct:
-Newcomer
-AT
-Dedede's Final Smash
-Just a Trophy/Sticker

That means he has more chances imo :/
Bandana Dee never had the possibility of being in Waddle Dee toss, because like you guys have repeatedly argued, he is not a generic Waddle Dee.
So whoever got the idea that all of DDD's Waddle Dees would gain Bandanas and Spears, they had a bad idea and were wrong. Good.
If anybody actually thought there was a legitimate chance DDD was going to summon multiple Bandana Dees instead of the Waddle Dees and Gordos that actually make sense, then their chance score raised.
But because you're a big fan of the character, I'm sure you would have immediately shot down anybody who brought up such an odd idea.

Seriously, no bias, think pre-direct, would you have called it a possibility that DDD would, for some reason, upgrade to Bandana Dees instead of generic Waddle Dees?
They aren't him. They appear in Smash Run. He stays the same. Please tell me you agree, I can't make it clearer.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Villager (80%) - I don't play or fancy Animal Crossing, but it seemed obvious to include the staple AC character into the roster. His moveset and facial expressions are both wacky, which I think fits the Smash Bros. series.

Mega Man (100%) - No complaints here.

Wii Fit Trainer (60%) - Not someone I wanted, but I like her conceptually. I do agree that with more and more reveals, she doesn't stick out as much anymore and maybe a little bland now.

Rosalina (90%) - Why not? I love the Mario franchise, and picking a bit of a left-field character from it is just pure genius. Plus she seems rather fun to use, with a decent learning curve to use to her full potential. I do prefer Daisy in general, but Rosalina just makes more sense as a Smash character.

Little Mac (70%) - He doesn't suit my style of play at all, but it's nice to see a retro character getting some love. Plus I love the aspect of having a fully-pledged boxer for Smash. It just perfectly fits.

Greninja (50%, yeah I'm late to the party) - I stopped following Pokémon a while ago so he doesn't interest me and his design strikes me as extremely odd and unpleasant to look at. His moveset looks fun, and I don't think he harms Jigglypuff or Mewtwo's chances of coming back. He's just a non-entity for me.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Villager: 70%
I'm mostly ambivalent on the character, but he does have a pretty unique and interesting moveset, and his personality is rather fun.

Mega Man: 100%
While I'm not a Mega Man fan, I honestly feel he's one of the best newcomers. Very creative, does a great job with the homages to each of his games, and seems to be all around a great character.

Wii Fit Trainer: 30%
While the direct has caught my interest, she's coming off a bit too bland for me.

I love how the Puppeteer moveset was implemented for her.

Little Mac: 80%
Interesting playstyle, but it's a bit too ground-focused for my liking.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Completely missing the point.
BDee wasn't proposed ad a replacement to normal Dees, but an addition, Like stitch face doesn't replace the happy turnips.

That said it doesn't mean anything as he can't throw regular waddle Dees anymore.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
As far as what to do with nominations goes, I of course support my suggestion:
"2) Before heading back to the nominations, rate the popular/high score characters again because they need to be rated after the Direct."

It gets all of the characters people are going to nominate right away anyway out of the way, and doing them in order of current rank saves a lot of time wasted on nominations for stuff everybody agrees needs to be rated sooner than later.

------------------------------------------------
So, for newcomers;

Villager - 100% He was actually in my Top 5 most wanted pre-E3 and the only character who has been in my top 5 at some during pre-release who has been confirmed so far. (After that, it became Ridley, King K. Rool, Shulk, Ghirahim, Isaac). His moveset is pretty perfectly representative of the series. All he needs is a fishing pole incorporated somewhere in there and female alternate costumes. Animal Crossing and I go way back in terms of hundreds of hours of play, so he is a natural frontrunner for the first newcomer I want to try out at this point.

Mega Man - 100% He just seems essential to Nintendo history. I am not as close to the Mega Man franchise as I am most others in Smash, but he was my number one third party choice. Now we just need Pac-Man to have the holy foursome of video game icons. He is also so very faithful to his source material. I love that.

Wii Fit Trainer - 90% At first I was mad, especially with only three newcomers at E3. but I appreciate her importance, as well as agility-driven, dynamic gameplay. I love the feeling of playing ZSS, so she resonates with me well.

Rosalina & Luma - 50% I absolutely am satisfied with her moveset and gameplay. It's fantastic. but until Paper Mario (or, basically deconfirmed, Toad) is in, I have mixed feelings. I need to see more of the roster in general and know more of my desires are in before I become less begrudged towards her.

Little Mac - 100%. Retro all-star who has great and unique gameplay mechanics even though he is "just a boxer." Proved a lot of people wrong. I don't think he's my playstyle, but I think he will be a great rival for my main, Pikachu.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee never had the possibility of being in Waddle Dee toss, because like you guys have repeatedly argued, he is not a generic Waddle Dee.
So whoever got the idea that all of DDD's Waddle Dees would gain Bandanas and Spears, they had a bad idea and were wrong. Good.
If anybody actually thought there was a legitimate chance DDD was going to summon multiple Bandana Dees instead of the Waddle Dees and Gordos that actually make sense, then their chance score raised.
But because you're a big fan of the character, I'm sure you would have immediately shot down anybody who brought up such an odd idea.

Seriously, no bias, think pre-direct, would you have called it a possibility that DDD would, for some reason, upgrade to Bandana Dees instead of generic Waddle Dees?
They aren't him. They appear in Smash Run. He stays the same. Please tell me you agree, I can't make it clearer.
I understand and I didn't think it was SO likely, but a lot of users here gave him a very low score because they thought Bandana Dee was just Dedede's Side Special material, I think this time that users will give him a higher score...or at least I hope that, that's why I think Bandana Dee will have a higher score.
And also there is the fact that A LOT of possible and popular characters are disconfirmed now, making all the "survivors" more likely imo.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'd prefer option 2, or, you know, the things I suggested ;)

I still like the idea of having a special week where we try to ferret out all the remaining likely unrated newcomers (not the ones you want, only the ones you think have the highest chances that we haven't rated yet).

Villager: 68%
He seems pretty well done, but like Glaciacott, I have a hard time evaluating his move set. The tree thing is really weird to think about how to use it - especially in a one-on-one, I don't think you'd ever be able to get a hit off unless you planned it right for edgeguarding. But you could use it to disrupt the stage layout I suppose...

Yes. My only quibble is I wish he was a little more expressive. I love everything else they've done.

Wii Fit Trainer: 80%
I'm surprised the Direct isn't helping her more... a lot of people were complaining she's boring. Then she gets a projectile and a totally unique move with Deep Breathing and still the complaining. Anyway, I think she was a smart idea for E3, to really throw us for a loop and make us think anything is possible in this new game. I think she's quirky and looks interesting to try out. I hope she really does say things like "Feel the burn!" during matches.

Rosalina & Luma: 80%
I'm not sure I'll enjoy playing as her given my experience with Ice Climbers, but the moveset is unique and I like the character. I'm not as worried about her balance. For one, they're clearly trying to balance Olimar more, and she has similar issues. For another, presumably Luma can't grab, which eliminates some of the balancing issues she shares with the Ice Climbers. And neither ICs or Olimar were straight up broken (ICs chain grabs were the most broken thing, and like I said, Rosalina won't have that issue).

Little Mac: 65%
He deserves to be in on the basis of history and fan demand and such. He looks like he might be fun to play, but I dunno. I guess we haven't had that many fighters who are very grounded (seems like FD would be a good stage for him). Anyway, I like how Sakurai specifically called out the fact that Little Mac's moveset potential was boring. He made something out of it, but it's still conceptually a bit boring. But like I've said, no more so than Marth.

Predictions:
Bandana Dee - 35%
I dunno which side will win. I still think he's overrated, but I'll admit I was giving him short shrift before.

Kamek - 0.5%
I didn't think he was underrated, and the Direct seriously hurt his chances. I'll also remind people that Kamek is the name of Magikoopas in Japan. He doesn't have a unique name anywhere but the US and he doesn't have a significantly unique appearance either.

Andy - 10%
Wars really could get a rep. But it's not the most likely, since it's not the most promoted series lately. The problem is that there are a few good choices and I don't see how to decide which is more likely, so no single rep should get that high IMO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Previously rated newcomer satisfaction:
To be honest, it sounds a bit odd to me that the satisfaction of previously revealed newcomers would change when another one is shown, but eh.

We finally were able to get a good look at his moveset. It's very well done with all the robot master moves. Plus, that Final Smash reeks of awesomeness.

Villager: 100%
Again, his moveset is very well done as well. He was one of those characters I felt deserved to be included. His Final Smash is quite strange, but it's not a bad thing.

Wii Fit Trainer: 95%
Sun Salutation is a projectile move...wut? The rest of the moves work pretty well, and the confirmation that the Male Wii Fit trainer is indeed an alt makes it better for me.

Rosalina: 100%
I had wanted a Mario newcomer for the longest time. I was pretty neutral on all of them, though, as no one really stood out to me that much. Rosalina was an excellent pick both because of her surprise factor and her moveset.

Little Mac: 100%
His moveset is pitch-perfect. He works exactly as many of us envisioned him to work - a power meter, a counter move and fast and strong on the ground. He wasn't in my most wanted characters but I would have felt something was terribly wrong if he hadn't been included.

Predictions:
Bandana Dee: 30%
Waddle Dees have been removed from Dedede's moveset, which helps him out.

Kamek: 0.5%
Poor guy. Magikoopas appearing in Smash Run hurt his chances harshly. If only he looked different from the generic Magikoopas.

Andy: 15%
We saw no content from Advance Wars in the AT massacre part of the direct, which is good for him.

Last edited:

Typs

Smash Cadet
Villager: 80% - Animal crossing is popular and deserve at least one playable character, the villager is the best choice and taking the one from the box-art of city folks was a great idea. If the female villager had been reveal as a costume my score would be 85%.

Megaman: 100% - Third party character with a strong connection to nintendo, extremely popular ,every move are taken from his game, probably the best character revealed so far.

Wii Fit Trainer: 75% - A WTF character from a WTF franchise, she is still a nintendo character who appeared in a well selling game. 70% + 5% for the male trainer.

Rosalina: 70% - She gained a lot of popularity after mario galaxy and her gameplay is good and original, might not be the best choice for a new mario rep, but even if she isn't, she's still a good one (but her final smash is pretty bad IMO).

Little Mac: 95% - A heavily requested character with a play-style that fits him perfectly, i'm a bit disapointed with his final smash but it's not that bad.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Newcomer Satisfaction:

Villager - 96%
Thinking about it, I would have preferred Tom Nook but it's still an Animal Crossing rep which is brilliant.

Little Mac - 80%
I don't have a nostalgic connection to him but he's one of the newcomers I've warmed to the most.

Megaman - 70%
Similar to Little Mac, just not as much.

Wii Fit Trainer - 65%
I kinda like this newcomer but it wasn't one I wanted.

Rosalina & Luma - 50%
I feel tremendous apathy towards this newcomer addition, she does nothing for me.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ok, I feel like this needs addressing first;

If Toad was already in, and then Rosalina was confirmed, would Toad fans be hating on her and saying she absolutely didn't deserve to be in? I rather highly doubt it. They're bitter and saying she doesn't deserve it because they're upset that Sakurai has thought, for three iterations now, that Toad doesn't fit. Same goes for Bowser Jr fans or whoever.
No, of course I wouldn't dislike Rosalina if she got in AFTER Toad and Jr. She's not freaking Geno for heaven's sake. She's just overall less important to the Mario series than those two staples you mentioned.

I'll admit part of why I'm so adverse to Rosalina is as you say; I believe there's a certain order and it feels like Rosalina jumped two spaces over Toad and Jr(who I don't even like, but he is inarguably more popular in the Smash community and more important than Rosalina within Mario itself) to get to be playable.
Likewise I'd be fine with Lanky Kong eventually getting into Smash, but not before Dixie, K. Rool or maybe even Cranky.
Important characters should(often aren't, but SHOULD) be prioritized first because yes; they are the "All Stars" which is why Greninja has kicked up a fuss amongst the Mewtwo community, and Lucario likewise did in the Brawl community.

Here's my actual reasons for not being 100% satisfied with Rosalina as a Toad fan. (Please try to understand):
  1. Less important to the Mario-verse than either Toad or Jr. She was a NPC in Galaxy, barely in Galaxy 2 and 3D World is her first playable role. As a secret character. Which singles Toad out as the only member of SM3D World to be stuck as non playable. This in itself wouldn't be so bad but...
  2. Toad within Smash is the lowest of the low. He's not even an Assist Trophy, a role that is far more respectable(with the exception of Starfy). He gets punched in the face and spores counter enemy attacks for Peach. Toad deserves better than this.
  3. Luma's the real problem here. Look at the way Luma is treated; he can attack, he's useful, he's treated with respect even getting his name in the character select "Rosalina & Luma Launch into battle". Toad meanwhile gets treated like **** by Peach's moveset. Either he deserves to be replaced by the less popular Toadsworth who is Peach's ACTUAL Guardian, or he deserves to be included MORE in Peach's moveset in her Final Smash at the very least.

Honestly both are fine, but we're sick of such shoddy treatment of a reoccurring playable character who at the end of the day is considered faster AND stronger than the Mario Bros AND is one of the most iconic Nintendo characters on the damn planet. To be treated worse than Luma is frankly a middle finger to the fans of Toad, when not only is he receiving larger and larger roles in the Mario games, but also when a lot of the Veteran Smashers are getting moveset alterations.

That is why we're so bitter. 15 years of this, Sakurai starts to budge on old movesets finally and one of the most iconic characters of Nintendo's history is stuck in the same position as Greninja's Substitute doll. A huge middle finger. I'm curious as to what the customizable moveset options will be for Peach, and maybe that will soothe some of the pain for us, but seriously we'd rather he be an Assist Trophy than THAT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right; so onto today's ratings:

Rosalina (and ****ing Luma): 30%
So I'm obviously in a good mood to post a fair rating for Rosalina and Luma after that.

*sigh*

OKAY. Let's try and be fair here:
What did we see at the Direct: Rosalina's Final Smash and some more info on her mechanics.
The Good:
+ Gravitational Pull IS an interesting mechanic to me. I like that she can bring items towards her or deflect projectiles around her. I honestly find this mechanic more interesting than the Luma itself. Mildly concerned it could be incredibly broken, but until we try it I'll remain indifferent about said concern.

The Bad:
- Her Final Smash seems uninspired and essentially is Meowth's Pokeball PayDay move on a larger scale. Compared to the other Final Smashes this seems really lackluster. Look at Sonic approaching her; he manages to avoid most the FS quite easily. Currently the most underwhelming FS to me for Smash4(although we haven't seen them all yet, so there's still time)

Everything else I was mostly neutral on, but the character still doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid. 30% is actually much higher than I was originally going to give her and I AM slowly coming around to her, but that Final Smash was just...really disappointing. Where's the oomph?

Wii Fit Trainer: 15%
Urgh.
Yeah, even after the Direct I'm not keen.

The Good:
+ Deep Breathing seems interesting...not as interesting as Gravitational Pull, but about as interesting as Wii Fit Trainer can really get.
+ Confirmation Male Wii Fit Trainer IS a costume, thus cementing costumes as plausible things. I don't really care about playing as either trainer but it's something worthwhile noting for more interesting characters.

The Bad
- Sun Salute. Okay, I get that it's a saying in Yoga but...why is it a Spirit Bomb? Considering Wii Fit Trainer is supposedly all about physical fitness, the fact she's firing off energy blasts really seems dumb.
- Somehow she still comes off rather generic like a Fighting Wire Frame. Even Sun Salute seems like a generic energy ball.

Megaman: 90%
Still not played a Megaman game, still not that fussed about doing so, but...

The Good:
+ That Final Smash is a real love letter to the fans. I gotta respect that.
+ Megaman's Smash representation is very close to his games. His death animation, the way he runs, the way he doesn't punch. Even a non fan like me can appreciate this.
+ The sheer amount of specials in his arsenal.
+ Sakurai's treated him better than Capcom have.

The Bad:
- I didn't grow up with him. That's literally it. Had I, I'm sure I'd be giving 100% easily. He's a very well made character.

Villager: 95%
Consistently pleased with Villager. He may not be my favourite character(he's an avatar) but he always makes me smile.

The Good:
+ Balloon Flight seems like a far superior recovery to what I first thought
+ Pocket is possibly one of my favourite ideas from Smash thus far. I love how many uses it has.
+ Tom Nook and his nephews get a reference in the Final Smash, and it's not the oft predicted Bees(They're an item). I thought we saw Timmy on the stage of Smashville though? Another Alfonzo situation maybe?

The Bad:
- Still not quite sold on Timber. I feel I may need to try it myself before I really 'get' the move.
- Tom Nook deconfirmed. Bit of a shame, but not a deal breaker for me.

Little Mac: 100%
Mac just gets better and better.

The Good:
+ KO mechanics explained; hitting with attacks AND being hit increase his KO power.
+ Jolt Haymaker is a great move that allows a close range fighter like Mac to get all close and personal.
+ Little Mac's got an alt skin which is a neat idea that I dig a lot.

The Bad:
- Not sure exactly how balanced he'll be overall. Seems like a character of extremes; either insanely overpowered or ridiculously underpowered depending on the stage. This does balance him, but I imagine for "For Glory" mode he'll be an absolute beast.

---------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:
Bandana Waddle Dee: 28%
Waddle Dee Toss removed. Sakurai clearly has bias too for those saying he's too modest, didja see the amount of Uprising items we got? I mean seriously? He's clearly over that modest stage.

Kamek: 1.2%
Magikoopas whilst not quite the same as their boss Kamek, could point to a low chance rating.

Andy: 30%
No Advance War AT is only a good sign. Wars series is big enough to get a character...let's correct this underrating of his.

--------------------

Abstaining from the RTC options. I'm okay with whatever we decide to do regarding it.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac
Satisfaction:
100%

The newcomer that I am still the most satisfied with. His footage in the Direct was absolutely awesome and gave me a better glimpse as to what he could do.
I remember in one Pic of the Day, Sakurai posted a pic of Little Mac and stated that the direction of the control stick/circle pad will change his side smash. I thought to myself, "Sakurai should have just captioned this 'More reasons to main Little Mac.'"
After thinking about it a while though... I think he lost the title as my most wanted newcomer if he wasn't confirmed. Honestly... I have been more hyped to see Shulk than I ever was for Little Mac. While I say this, Little Mac is still a character that I am considering maining and he is still a fantastic character that represents his boxing play style and his series perfectly.
He absolutely has earned his spot on the roster and I am glad that he is here to stay.
The only character right now that will make me more satisfied than Little Mac is Shulk. (and Bomberman, but he's a dream)
Bomberman is a dream, but what a dream choice at that, wouldn't mind Bomberman's inclusion at all. (Especially after playing Crusade, which showed a moveset that would work in Smash)

With that out of the way, lets delve into my satisfaction levels:

Rosalina: No surprises for this one 20%
I've got a couple of issues with this, no hold hate for a moment people...
-Her playing style just genuinely doesn't excite me, I get it that many others are excited by it (I concede how she deflects projectiles was nifty), and that's cool, but it just doesn't interest me, as say, Little Mac's does.
-That final smash really didn't help, especially when you then take another look at Pit's, holy crud, did it feel extremely underwhelming. I guess I just thought with all of Rosalina's powers and abilities it would have looked more....impactful?

-Okay, now for the controversial reason, let the flood gates of hate commence:
I'm a Toad fan, I obviously felt he deserved a position in the roster more. Same for Bowser Jr, who I'm not even a fan of (I prefer the Koopalings, and didn't like that they got kicked out for a bit for Bowser Jr, since Nintendo remembered their existence again I don't mind Bowser Jr as much) but at least I'd get it.
I might not have been happy with his inclusion over my favourite game character of all time, but you know, I'd get it, and I have an emotional response to his inclusion and could at least say: "Well at least it'll make hero vs villain battles more varied". Unfortunately for Rosalina, from my point of view she just got a: "Eeeehhhhhh" with a shrug and naturally disappointed expression about my fave character not getting in, but that was kind of it. Rosalina is just kind of there...

Who knows, maybe I'll be happier when the game comes out and I try her out or something, but until then...."eeh?"

Megaman: 95%
-I basically know nothing about Megaman, so why the large score? He SHOULD be in.
-He's a gaming icon, with an extensive history, and Sonic was added for Brawl. If you're going for the oldies with the exception of Pac-man, you can't really get much better than Megaman.
-I guessed his Final Smash quite literally because I knew nothing about Megaman, my friends told me it would be something else, so when we watched it together and seeing their eyes orb with sheer surprise and immeasurable levels of joy, I'm glad the blue man is in.

Wii Fit Trainer: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangh.... 15%
-I did like that you can also play as the male Wii Fit Trainer, that is cool, and I'm hoping for a female Villager too.
-Okay sadly on to the negative bits for me, the Moveset is different that's definitely a pro to a point, which is where most of the score came from, but, similar with Rosalina, I'm not finding it as exciting as other characters that have been revealed. (Villager, Little Mac, Greninja, MegaMan and Rosalina (Who whilst I gave a low score, I enjoyed the moveset more))
-...That energy ball thing? Um...what? Did that just happen?
-I'm just not finding her inclusion funny anymore. With each character deconfirmation its been getting more and more awkward. I just can't help but feel that if more iconic and deserving characters, with bigger fan bases get deconfirmed, the Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion is going to leave a bitter taste in more than just a couple of people's mouths (I'm expecting a few Saki fans to be a bit miffed that their character is only an assist whilst Wii Fit Trainer is actually playable, still an assist is better than a shield guys, if that helps). I'm sure if K. Rool or Ridley get deconfirmed they will be uproar, especially knowing that those characters weren't considered more unique or deserving than Wii Fit Trainer. (It's a bitter pill I've already had to swallow, not sure it gets much better with time though just for the heads up of anyone who's most wanted might get deconfirmed before the game gets released.)
Maybe when I try playing them it might make more sense to me...but until then...that's my satisfaction score.

Villager:
85% I'm not entirely sure on this inclusion but for wildly different reasons than some might expect.
-The negative out the way first: I wasn't sure if Animal crossing, a game about chilling out in a village and tending to it's needs should be in a fighting game....
-One the other hand, I really enjoy playing Animal Crossing for that reason, and it's fan base is certainly large to warrant inclusion into Smash.
-The Moveset is really really unique and weird, but keeps to the AC game brilliantly. Definitely will be a character I have to try out once at the very least, but can certainly see playing them a bit more than that.
-That final smash....my god....it was better than I had ever expected. Understated? Yes, but so perfectly fitting, I was just really blown away, and at that moment I felt like they'd done Animal crossing fans proud.

If I could finish the fight with myself, then Villager would have got a 100% satisfaction, so maybe down the line I'll be able to change the satisfaction rate.

Little Mac:
95%
-I thought he was in from the boxing ring, but seeing other people with far more extensive gaming knowledge than me say they didn't think he was in, I started to doubt, and I'm glad that happened, because when his intro came out... It was one of the first times I was genuinely pumped for Smash.
-Okay, so I was worried about the moveset, I thought "But he's only going to punch things..." but then when I saw the footage, and added with the Direct, I felt like I had been quick too quick to judge. They managed to make Little Mac seem varied, with unique skills and for a moment I was worried he might have been over powered, but then, his flaw ended those worries instantly.
-His final smash, for me at least, felt a little bit underwhelming, but, everything else just seemed so spot on I'm willing to look past that (though lowered the score), I especially liked the wire frame touch that the direct showed.

Who knows, my mind might change about his final smash when the game comes out. Either way looking forward to getting to play him.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The only newcomer that I'm iffy about is Rosalina. I love Galaxy, but I couldn't help but feel very underwhelmed with her Sure, her moveset is unique, but I dislike gimmicky characters the most, so that didn't help in my case at all. She just reminds me of MvC3's Phoenix Wright, she'll either be horrifyingly bad or ridiculously good, and I don't like that. It doesn't come across as good design to me. I'm not bugged she's in at all, though, so don't get me wrong.

To be completely honest I'm not really as satisfied with Lil Mac as much as I hoped. His animations are too exaggerated and he has bad form, on top of that the fact he's extreme on both ends (either overpowered or underpowered) doesn't interest me in the slightest. I hate moveset designs like that. If he was balanced on both ends I would have appreciated him much more. Which is a shame because I love Punch Out and I love boxing even more.

Moveset wise, Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer interest me the most. Wii Fit is a bit standard which is REFRESHING to see now and Greninja seems to be designed around teleportation and that's pretty amazing. Mega Man looks great too, I love zoning characters.

Overall pretty satisfied with the roster, but I don't think it tops Brawl just yet.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Moveset wise, Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer interest me the most. Wii Fit is a bit standard which is REFRESHING to see now
Although I have a lower opinion of Wii Fit Trainer than you, I'd like to point out how correct this statement is, I do share this particular part of that opinion. Weird how this ended up.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Villager Satisfaction: 80%
Mega Man Satisfaction: 80%
Wii Fit Trainer Satisfaction: 50%
Rosalina & Luma Satisfaction: 15%
Little Mac Satisfaction: 100%

Andy: 7.18%
Bandana Dee: 30.06%
Kamek: 0.74%

I think we should do #2 with the nominations. As we have seen from Rosaluma's reveal, it takes a long time for affected characters to be rerated. After we got done with the satisfaction days (day 116) it took us till day 132 to rate Bowser Jr., 138 for Toad, and we didn't even get to Waluigi in time. That was with three characters. Over ten characters have been affected in this direct and at that rate, it would take absolutely FOR EVER to get everyone.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Villager: 90% Seems like a really cool character. That final smash.
Mega man: 1999999999999%. What? I can't go that high? Fine, 100%...
WFT: 87%. I actually really like this character after seeing her playstyle in the direct.
Rosalina: 86%. See WFT.
Little Mac: 70%. I'm just sad he can't decently fight in the air.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Villager Satisfaction - 95%
Megaman Satisfaction - 100%
Wii Fit Trainer(s) Satisfaction - 60%
Rosalina Satisfaction - 80%
Little Mac Satisfaction - 100%

Villager, I really like his Final Smash and he looks fun to play as. Personally, I am glad Animal Crossing finally has a rep. Megaman is one of the most unique characters in the game. I'm not a Megaman fan, but some of my friends who are huge fans of Megaman tell me his moveset is a faithful recreation of Classic Megaman and his Final Smash is essentially the Megaman series in a nutshell. It seems with every newcomer we get, Wii Fit Trainers uniqueness goes down. Rosalina is unique and even though I preferred Toad or Bowser Jr. as a Mario rep, I have opened up to Rosalina and she has a very unique moveset. Little Mac was my 2nd most wanted newcomer, and I am glad he is in. His moveset is amazing, just how I thought he would be. I missed the Greninja day, but for comparison sakes I give him a 80%.

I think we should go with Nominations #2.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Villager Satisfaction - 90%
Megaman Satisfaction - 100%
Wii Fit Trainer(s) Satisfaction - 85%
Rosalina Satisfaction - 100%
Little Mac Satisfaction - 100%

andimidna

Smash Master
I understand and I didn't think it was SO likely, but a lot of users here gave him a very low score because they thought Bandana Dee was just Dedede's Side Special material, I think this time that users will give him a higher score...or at least I hope that, that's why I think Bandana Dee will have a higher score.
And also there is the fact that A LOT of possible and popular characters are disconfirmed now, making all the "survivors" more likely imo.
Okay, this is comparing 2 different things. You're talking about the individual user's scoring like they're the ones that choose the characters.

Bandana Dee's actual likelihood of being a playable newcomer did not change.
The likelihood that Sakurai put him on a finalized roster a long time ago did not change.
So we really shouldn't rate him higher, only lower, as he was overrated before.

Smady

Smash Master
Villager: 90%
A jump up from my previous rating, all for his moveset coming to light over the months, for example that awesome final smash (honestly, not the worst way to utilize Tom Nook). Villager's moveset is full of ridiculous hammerspace items and his pocket is absolutely fantastic. I can see myself using this character as one of my mains. I was concerned before how Tom Nook wasn't the character for Animal Crossing, but Villager has proven to be a fun character in his own right, even if he's, for all intents and purposes, an original character based off of Animal Crossing and Sakurai's interpretative skill. All in all, very happy how this is turning out.

MegaMan: 90%
No budge from my last rating, although I was slightly tempted after seeing that final smash to raise my score. Simply marvelous moveset that takes all the aspects of MegaMan's gameplay and condenses it down into 20 inputs, every single one representing a facet of MegaMan's rich history. I continue to be impressed by how Sakurai handled the making of this set and it's another one I can see myself having fun playing when the game releases, at least to the same extent as Villager, if not more - that projectile f smash.

Wii Fit Trainer: 20%
I was far too kind to this character previously, but I was new to this thread. Wii Fit Trainer has a right to be in the game, but there was no call or need for her to be a playable character. There are no Wii Fit-ites who were clamoring for this faceless avatar's inclusion. That's only a small part of why I don't like her - mostly, it's because she's extremely bland. The recent direct only emphasized this further when it revealed she has a generic charge shot special, to give her a random projectile on her specials. The deep breathing special was decent, but it doesn't make up for the rest of the set being fairly standard fare melee. While Villager combines some unrelated ideas in a fun way, WFT feels more awkward.

Small bump down from my previous rank, due to her very lame final smash and the fact I'm becoming less sure about how I'll take to her minion-based playstyle. It looks cool but I have a worrying feeling that it may take micro-management a little further than I like in the kinds of sets I tend to main. The character practically doesn't exist anyway - just attach the Luma to the fat purple star NPC in Galaxy 2 and I'd not remotely care. It was also a little disappointing to see Waluigi confirmed an assist trophy. As the probably sole Mario newcomer, Rosalina mostly gets a pass for her unique set.

Little Mac: 95%
A huge triumph on Sakurai's part. I love the way Little Mac's set came together - a fast, aggressive and skillful combination of melee punches, dodges and counters. This is a simplistic character but one that is justified in his tenacity and potential skill ceiling. It represents a series that completely deserves a place among Nintendo All-Stars. Finally, one of Nintendo's own fighting games gets into its premier fighting game! The new wireframe alternate costume looks immense too. Only slight concern is that the meter plus the OHKO will not work too well in practice, I'm going to bet it's far too slow to be useful, but it's just a shade off of perfect.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Oh, we're predicting? I didn't even notice.

Bandana Dee prediction: 28.04% - I don't know anymore.
Andy prediction: 13.17% - Should get a bit of an increase.
Kamek prediction: 2.56% - Was voted as underrated but will now most likely drop.

And I would prefer option number two.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Villager- 90%
He looks really interesting! I think he'll be a very interesting character and I'd love to play as him.

Mega Man- 85%
He's okay, don't get me wrong. He's just not interesting me as much as some of the others. I still will love to play him for sure.

Wii Fit Trainers- 100%
I don't know, I absolutely loved her after this Direct. The Deep Breathing idea is awesome, as is the Sun Salutation projectile. I love all of it.

Rosalina- 100%
My favorite Mario character. Moving on...

Little Mac- 70%
Don't hate on me. He's just not hyping me up. Sure, I supported him, and i like that he's here, but he's just not that interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom