• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Bandana Dee
Chance: 6.66%
Want: 1.00% Ugh if he is in this Smash and King K. Rool, Ridley and Dixie Kong are not, I will rage so much.

Kamek
Chance: 6.66%
Want: 3.00% Not much to say, I prefer other villains.

Andy
Chance: 27%
Want: 90% I think the series deserve a playable character after 12 games, they could have nice moveset and by now I don´t care who, anyone would suffice.

.n_n.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wow... some people gave Bandana Dee a 70% chance?
That confident, huh?
I foresee disappointment in the near future... (summer)
Eh, that's just a prediction. Oh wait, I forgot to do predictions!

Palutena: 92%

The one person that doesn't like her just said she was practically confirmed. Yea... she'll be getting a nice bump from 1st to 1st.

Ridley: 30%

I'm expecting 1/4 to give him a 0% and say he's done, 1/4 to give him 10% and say he's basically done, 1/4 to give him a 50% and say it could go either way, and slightly under 1/4 to give him 60%+ because SmashBoards loves teh Riddles.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Abstaining on Andy.

Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Chance: 30%
Could definitely see it happening, but I'm not at all confident.

Want: 30%
Eh.

Kamek:

Chance: 5%
Unfortunately, unlike Bandanna Waddle Dee, Kamek looks exactly like his minion counterparts. Seriously hurts his chances.

Want: 70%
Not even close to my most wanted, but I'd love to see Kamek make a playable appearance.

Predictions:
Ridley: 57.33%
Palutena: 85.55%

Let's see how this goes.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee

Abstain. I'm sick of talking about Dee. Sick about the debates, sick about the overrating and reactionary underrating ... just, no thanks. Nothing against the character or the fans, it's just more of the case that I feel everything that needed to be said has been said and nothing has really changed.

Kamek
Chance - 1%
Kamek underrated? Uhh ...I don't know, I never understood the desire for another Yoshi rep. Yoshi at best is seen as another character from the Mario universe, and when considered in the context of his series, those games are all about Yoshi and Yoshi and, the babies, and then more Yoshi. Kamek to me is just an expository nuisance to justify giant monsters being bosses.
And he's an enemy in Smash Run. Magikoopa = Kamek in my book, particularly the whole bit with Kamek not having a unique name for Japan. The only magikoopa that to me is unique enough to be a character is Kammy Koopa from the Paper Mario series, and naturally she has no chance.
Series representation does not take precedence over including iconic characters, and Kamek inclusion is equivalent to adding a Shy Guy, a Koopa or a Hammer Bros, or heck, even a Wizrobe.

Want - 0%
No, I always found this idea to be truly truly awful. Yoshi is all we need from the Yoshi series. It also doesn't help just how lackluster the recent Yoshi game was.

Andy
Chances - 15%
In the past we haven't seen a lot, barely any, representation for the Console Wars series, but I get the impression Sakurai is aiming more and more for making this game a true Nintendo museum. For example, this time we went from barely any Pilotwings presence, to having a Pilotwings stage and an item, and even has its own icon. With the Wars series being as, if not more, prevalent than the Pilotwings series, I do expect that Sakurai will want to include it in some way.
When it comes to Andy, I do think he's the most likely rep for the series due to his character being so prevalent in AW, which is easily the most iconic of the series. Enough to get a VC re-release on Wii U. While this doesn't make him extremely likely, I think it does give him some merit for inclusion, imo at around the same level of chance as characters like Isaac, Chibi Robo and a Rhythm Heaven rep (pre-leak.)
Last bit I want to mention is Captain Rainbow. While the game itself didn't sell well at all, it seems that Japan is very aware of it and of the characters it brought to the forefront. I feel like it help acquaint Japan with Little Mac and the PotD before Mac's reveal even had a Rainbow in it. I feel like other characters in that game may have gotten a boost in recognition, and the Famicom Wars soldiers were in the game. Not sure if it supports Andy, but I do think it supports a possible desire to include more Wars content in Smash.

Want - 70%
I got to play AW for the first time when it came out on VC. It was one of those titles I never tried because at the time I decided to give a strategy game a try I went for Fire Emblem instead, so then trying AWs just felt strange. But now I can play it and appreciate for its own merits and ambition, I appreciate the series a lot more and would like for it to reclaim its status as one of Nintendo's consistent series

Predictions
Palutena - 95%
Most people seem to have understood all the direct trolling + the change to Pit's final smash as a confirmation.
Ridley - 32%
Some people will still rate him high, but imo his score should realistically dip A LOT. It was nice having you in the top ten of chance, Ridley, but it's sadly time to leave it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hmm....

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 34% (I'm feeling a bit generous >u<)

I actually can see him getting in, but I think that Sakurai's modesty MIGHT get in the way, or he might be too down low on the priority list (since there are some characters that we actually NEED/that are SO deserving, like Ridley, etc.). That and how he doesn't have all that much important roles (he has a few, but I wouldn't say a lot.). He's only been a playable character once, but then again, there's Sheik...

Want: 25%
I would like him, but I think I would only use him "more than most other characters", but he'd be a cool addition IMHO. He'd be kinda funny and cute too, o wo. He's one of my most wanted, but not really one of my "needs! omg i need or else i die!!!!!!!1111132", but I wouldn't mind getting him. He also seems quite fun, so there's that too.

Kamek:
Chance: 1%
I'd say that Yoshi's series doesn't really need another rep, and Kamek isn't really all that important.

Want: 0%
Doesn't mean I'd despise him. He'd just be another addition to the roster.

Andy:

Idk his series so cx

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
It's funny how people say they hate rating Bandana Dee and then overrate him to the extremes :p

The reason he keeps coming back is because he's getting rated way too damn high!
If you don't want to rate him again, give a realistic rating.
And then he can just stay there, without needing to be brought up ever again.
And if you want him, give a high want. Like 100% for example.
But don't carry that want% over to his chance%... because that's not how it works!

Sorry, I just felt it was necessary to post this given he has already received multiple "more likely than not" ratings. (I think 3)
And if he finishes with like a 40% chance... people are going to nominate him again. It will happen, trust me.
But if he finishes with about... 15-20%? We might never rate him ever again. Isn't that what you guys want?
(Not trying to change anybody's opinions, just adding more of mine)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Waddle Dee - 35%

I can't really see him getting in over a few certain other characters, plus there is Sakurai's modesty towards the Kirby series, which he originally created. But still, he does have a decent-sized following, at least around here and in Japan IIRC. If in the unlikely event we do get another Kirby character, I have no doubt it would be the Bandana Waddle Dee.

And he's not disconfirmed IMO

Want - 80%

My want for him has mildly decreased overtime, but I still like and want him.

Andy - 30%

Not much to say on this one.

Want - 60%

He could be pretty interesting IMO, but he's not one of my most wanted characters.

Kamek - 5%

He looks like a generic Magickoopa, so I think Smash Run DOES hurt his chances, unlike Bandana Dee. But I don't know, he could get more detail on his model than the enemy Magikoopas, they could pull a R.O.B. on us here. He never really had much support for a playabe role in Smash anyway, except around here, but he's one of the few potential characters that would (most likelY) count as a "Yoshi series" character. He still has a small chance.

Want - 80%

I do see some potential in him. He could be really fun to play as with magic spells and all, plus Magikoopas are among my favorite Mario enemies.

Palutena Prediction - 92.77%

Ridley Prediction - 12.42%

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee Chance: 10%
Bandana Dee Want: 0%

I don't really think Bandana Dee has a spot on the roster, as I think that the current three Kirby characters represent the series perfectly, so I don't really think Sakurai will put him in. Meanwhile, I used to be kinda neutral in wanting him in, but, like RIdley and Mewtwo, his fans are so overly rabid and defensive that I don't really want him in anymore at all.

Kamek Chance: 5%
Kamek Want: 35%

Magikoopas in Smash Run hurt Kamek's chances a ton, and I'm not really into him too much, but his moveset would be interesting.

Andy Chance: 35%
Andy Want: 65%

Advance Wars is a pretty good strategy game, and the lack of an assist trophy being shown so far bodes well for Andy. Andy would be a cool character with a nifty moveset, but the series is kind of forgotten, and thus I think a rep isn't that likely. Maybe he'd get in as a retro, but I dunno. He would be a nice addition, though.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 64%. mostly because I'm not sure I can give a more accurate chance without unintended bias, however I do believe things are highly going in his possible favor for Smash 4. this is my best guess, and I'm probably unintentionally biased from wanting the character anyway.
Want: 100%. Kirby NEEDS a fourth representative. Nothing against other characters (besides third parties), but I'm a little sick of discussions about freaking Ridley, or insane choices, an example of which I cannot think of. plus Nintendo's three other most well-known star franchises have more than 4 reps by now. And before someone uses the "generic" argument, let's look at things Bandana Dee has to make himself different from his generic species:
1: he has a blue bandana, and a normal color scheme. admiteddly not much, but it's a start.
2: he is EXTREMELY durable, almost as durable as Kirby, and that's saying a lot. the rest of his species dies from TOUCHING Kirby.
3: he is extremely talented with his Spear. while admiteddly the Spear is common among Dedede's army, the others don't have NEARLY as much skill. heck, he can FLY by twirling the thing super fast.
4: he has a speaking role. in KSSU, Revenge of the King, Bandana Dee is Dedede's right-hand man. He also converses with the King as Kirby attacks the castle.
5: he is his own person. what I mean by this is that he isn't summoned like helper, he's naturally there.
6: Bandana Waddle Dee has helped Kirby save the entire universe before, and in the new Kirby Triple Deluxe, he's helping out to save at least Popstar again.

Kamek:
Chance: 20% (at best).
Want: 0%. Yoshi doesn't even have his own series. the only "Yoshi" games that DON'T focus on freaking Baby Mario are Yoshi's Story, and Yoshi Topsy-Turvy/Universal Gravitation (seriously the Yoshi's Island games are more, "Baby Mario's Adventures, Yoshi included"). and no offense to Kamek's fans, but seriously......Unlike characters such as Bandana Waddle Dee, THE Yoshi, or THE Toad, he doesn't have any real defining traits. his only unique feats are:
1: Bowser's caretaker as a child.
2: a name, which in the original japanese version he doesn't even have THAT, or at least that's what I've been told, and since I can't read Japanese I can't see for my self.
3: is a high-ranking officer in Bowser's army, which is a status he likely only has for aforementioned reason above.
and that's it.
And I might be mistaken from bad memory, so I'm sorry if I screwed up a few facts.

I do not know anything of the "Andy" character, or game series said character stars in, so I will not give my personal opinion on them, due to not having an opinion on them at this time

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
BANDANA/WADDLE DEE

Chance: 1% - Just get deconfirmed already!

Want: 0% - ...Please!?

ANDY

Chance: 2% - I don't know...it could happen.

Want: 60% - If Andy ran around the field surrounded by 16-bit tanks and fighters that blast the other players or something crazy like that I'd be on board.

KAMEK

Chance: 1% - I think the Smash Run ruined his chances.

Want: 0% - Yoshi is enough for his series I believe.

Palutena Prediction: 75% - Yes.

Ridley Prediction: 15% - No.

Maikou

Smash Ace
BANDANA/WADDLE DEE

Chance: 1% - Just get deconfirmed already!

Want: 0% - ...Please!?

ANDY

Chance: 2% - I don't know...it could happen.

Want: 60% - If Andy ran around the field surrounded by 16-bit tanks and fighters that blast the other players or something crazy like that I'd be on board.

KAMEK

Chance: 1% - I think the Smash Run ruined his chances.

Want: 0% - Yoshi is enough for his series I believe.

Palutena Prediction: 75% - Yes.

Ridley Prediction: 15% - No.
Obviously biased on the Bandana Dee part. just saying, since Bandana Dee's such a popular character among some of us and the fact that nothing really negative has happened to screw over BWD.

no offense to you, but nearly every possible Smash character has a chance higher then 10%. just saying.

and Yoshi doesn't even have a series.
Sorry for going off "topic"

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Obviously biased on the Bandana Dee part. just saying, since Bandana Dee's such a popular character among some of us and the fact that nothing really negative has happened to screw over BWD.

no offense to you, but nearly every possible Smash character has a chance higher then 10%. just saying.

Please don't make comments like this. We have enough Waddle Dee flame wars as is...

andimidna

Smash Master

(also no offense)
But I think 1% is much closer to his actual chance than 64%
I, personally, (note that: I'm the only one that gave him this rating) think he has a 9% chance.
1% may be a bit low, but if it can keep us from discussing Bandana Dee a (5th?) time. Then don't bother.
Although, getting a discussion going never hurts IMO...
Please don't make comments like this. We have enough Waddle Dee flame wars as is...
Things really haven't gotten bad here.
(At least not during this rating)
There have been a few arguments, but no yelling or anything like that.
People are too careful :p

ALSO:
After reading up on some of the moveset potential for Andy and Kamek, I have raised my wants for them to 85% and 90% respectively.

andimidna

Smash Master
Sorry, for the double post I'm about to do, I just wanted this to get attention.

9.Takamaru (Nazu no Murasamejou): Day 164: (49.67% chance, 57.51% want); Day 19: (59.54% chance, 52.82% want)
13. Robin (Fire Emblem): DAY 129: (32.61% chance, 56.00% want);

THE TOP 10 OF WANT

It looks as if our Want Chart has been wrong this whole time...

Takamaru is currently 1.51% more wanted than Robin.

Is it worth it to change this now?
Probably not. We're re-rating both shortly. But if it can be done very quickly, I wouldn't call it a bad idea.
Besides, this Bandana Dee re-rate is likely to mix things up a bit. So maybe after today is done.
Wait... the Ridley rating will likely mix things up too...
Yea, maybe just wait until we're done with the set of characters affected by the direct...
Once again, unless it's a very quick and easy thing to do. I wouldn't know.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee
Chance : 10%
Right now it seems a little too soon for Bandanna Dee, howewer I have no doubts that if he keeps appearing in more Kirby games he will be a good candidate for the next smash.

Want : 50%
Sure why not ?

Kamek
Chance : 1%
Smash Run have hurt him a lot, pretty sad for him, with 2 new yoshi games, his chances were not so bad pre-direct.

Want : 10 %
I like Kamek in Mario games, but as a playable character in smash, not really =/

Andy

Chance : 35%
An Advance wars doesn't seem to be a bad idea to me.

Want : 15%
Howewer I'm more a fan of the Grunts, which acually are the ones who fight

Predictions
Palutena : 80%
Ridley : 8% T.T

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry, for the double post I'm about to do, I just wanted this to get attention.

9.Takamaru (Nazu no Murasamejou): Day 164: (49.67% chance, 57.51% want); Day 19: (59.54% chance, 52.82% want)
13. Robin (Fire Emblem): DAY 129: (32.61% chance, 56.00% want);

THE TOP 10 OF WANT

It looks as if our Want Chart has been wrong this whole time...

Takamaru is currently 1.51% more wanted than Robin.

Is it worth it to change this now?
Probably not. We're re-rating both shortly. But if it can be done very quickly, I wouldn't call it a bad idea.
Besides, this Bandana Dee re-rate is likely to mix things up a bit. So maybe after today is done.
Wait... the Ridley rating will likely mix things up too...
Yea, maybe just wait until we're done with the set of characters affected by the direct...
Once again, unless it's a very quick and easy thing to do. I wouldn't know.
I feel like I've been wronged.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Bandana Dee

Chance: 35%
Want: 50%

Kamek

Chance: 10%

Andy
Chance: 15%
Want: 60%

Predictions

Palutena - 85%
Ridley - 48%

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Bandana Dee

Not very interested. I feel like Dee is in a similar situation to Toad. General population that has a few ways they could stand out, but whether or nkt he will is another question.

Kamek
Chance: 7.5%
Want: 80%

He would have some cool magic abilities, and I always thought of him as responsible for Mario not kicking bowsers ass all the time. However, hes not very likely, Yoshi may not get another slot, and he is technically very similar (if not the same) as other magikoopa.

Andy
Chance: 13.33%

Could be pretty interesting. Advance wars could use some representation, and Andy is certainly the one to do it. There just may not be a lot of space on the roster now.

Predictions
Palutena: 73%
Ridley: 43.6%

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Andy:

Idk his series so cx
Can you at least research Andy? I don´t want you to change your rating but at least give it a chance, maybe you will like the characters, music or even the gameplay? The games are pretty good but I must say are not for everyone, still it has its charm and one of my favorite videogame characters is from there (Grit). So is my recommendation and is up to you, to take it or leave it.
.n_n.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Bandana Dee
Chance: 50%
Want: 50%

I don't really no how I feel about Dee,but I think it's a coin flip to see if he gets in or not.

Kamek
Chance: 0%

I don't think he will be in, but I always thought he'd be funny to have. I wouldn't mind him at all.

Andy
Chance: 60%
Want: 40%

I don't know too much about him that's why I wouldn't want him. I think he has a nice shot, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see him.

Predictions
Palutena: 95%- She's in I'm sure of it.
Ridley: 50%- Still no idea what to think of him.

andimidna

Smash Master
Can you at least research Andy? I don´t want you to change your rating but at least give it a chance, maybe you will like the characters, music or even the gameplay? The games are pretty good but I must say are not for everyone, still it has its charm and one of my favorite videogame characters is from there (Grit). So is recommendation and is up to you.
.n_n.
Yea... I was thinking the same thing...
Most usually abstain or research if they don't even know who the character is or what game they're from...
Or, at least, I wish that's what most did.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee:
-Chance: 30%
People think his chances have improved since Dedede only throws Gordos, but there are still Waddle Dees in Smash Run.
-Want: 50%
Could be fun.

Kamek:
-Chance: 1%
His chances were never good to begin with, and with Magikoopas being in Smash Run, it only further dampens (unlike Bandana Dee, the only thing that separates Kamek from the average Magikoopa is the name.
-Want: 15%
Meh

Andy:
As much as most miscellaneous newcomers, I'd say. More likely than some though.
-Want: 60%
I'm not familiar with Advanced Wars but I like the idea of more series having playable characters, especially when they could have a unique move set.

Palutena: 92%
Ridley: 18%

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee:
People think his chances have improved since Dedede only throws Gordos, but there are still Waddle Dees in Smash Run.
-Want: 50%
Could be fun.
I just need to correct something here.
The underlined, bolded and italics up above.
Parasol Dees in Smash Run have no effect on THE Waddle Dee, AKA, Bandana Waddle Dee. Bandana Dee is different from his species, just like Yoshi and Toad.

and unlike the other two, Bandana Dee has visual evidence of his own identity, unlike Yoshi and Toad. in fact, his name alone states that he wears a bandana, for one thing. there are multiple things to seperate THE characters from Generic Enemy characters. if Yoshis being generic enemy characters in SSB64 and Melee meant that Yoshi was unconfirmed, how the heck is that Yoshi has been in all four (technically five) Smash games to date? (I'm including the unrealeased one because Yoshi has been reconfirmed for them)

overall, Bandana Dee actually has more going for him than Yoshi and Toad combined ever did.
1: has clothing to individualize himself from his generic species.
2: is incredibly important in the stories of two, technically three games. (as much as it pains me to say it, [especially about Yoshi] Yoshi and Toad almost never have any real importance in the main story)
3: is as durable as the main character.
4: better with his weapon of choice than most of his species.
5: is the right-hand man of one of the most important characters in his franchise.
6: was not made solely for the purpose of helping Kirby, or was not given life by Kirby's abilities. (what I mean by this is that he is natural born, and willingly helps Kirby anyway, and isn't spawned by the Helper power Kirby has in Super Star/Ultra.)
I could go on, but overall I just mean that his kind appearing without the bandana do nothing to hurt him. though I think your rating of his chances are fair :)

I apoligize if any of this seems offensive.

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee:
Want: 30%

He's likeable, but I guess that, apart from his spear, he just seems a bit... generic. Also, the direct kinda hurt hiis chances, as he would be just too similar to an enemy.

Andy:
Not voting, as I don't really know the series

Kamek:
Chance: 2%

Not really interested in anothe Yoshi character, and the existance of Magikoopas in Smash Run which look exactly like him really makes him seem improbable

andimidna

Smash Master
I just need to correct something here.
The underlined, bolded and italics up above.
Parasol Dees in Smash Run have no effect on THE Waddle Dee, AKA, Bandana Waddle Dee. Bandana Dee is different from his species, just like Yoshi and Toad.

and unlike the other two, Bandana Dee has visual evidence of his own identity, unlike Yoshi and Toad. in fact, his name alone states that he wears a bandana, for one thing. there are multiple things to seperate THE characters from Generic Enemy characters. if Yoshis being generic enemy characters in SSB64 and Melee meant that Yoshi was unconfirmed, how the heck is that Yoshi has been in all four (technically five) Smash games to date? (I'm including the unrealeased one because Yoshi has been reconfirmed for them)

overall, Bandana Dee actually has more going for him than Yoshi and Toad combined ever did.
1: has clothing to individualize himself from his generic species.
2: is incredibly important in the stories of two, technically three games. (as much as it pains me to say it, [especially about Yoshi] Yoshi and Toad almost never have any real importance in the main story)
3: is as durable as the main character.
4: better with his weapon of choice than most of his species.
5: is the right-hand man of one of the most important characters in his franchise.
6: was not made solely for the purpose of helping Kirby, or was not given life by Kirby's abilities. (what I mean by this is that he is natural born, and willingly helps Kirby anyway, and isn't spawned by the Helper power Kirby has in Super Star/Ultra.)
I could go on, but overall I just mean that his kind appearing without the bandana do nothing to hurt him. though I think your rating of his chances are fair :)

I apoligize if any of this seems offensive.
He was not saying his chances lowered.
He is giving the correct argument that the Waddle Dee throw does not raise his chances :ness:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Bandanna Dee Chance: 50%
Bandanna Dee Want: 90%

The main thing behind Bandanna is that A. Kirby could accommodate a fourth rep, being one of Nintendo's older, more consistent, and recognizable series. B. Bandanna Dee is the best choice for a fourth. C. The spear is a unique weapon, no veterans use one and the only possible (and likely) newcomers who could are Chrom and Lucina (but whether or not they'll get one is a point of debate). But Kirby doesn't need a fourth rep, so that's the biggest barrier to entry. 80% because I like Kirby, bandannas, spears, and this head cannon I have where Bandanna Dee's larger health bar stems from pure resolve.

Kamek Chance: 1%
Kamek Want: 0%

Magikoopas in smash run, I don't play Yoshi.

Andy Chance: 10%
Andy Want: 30%

Advance War hasn't really done anything in recent years, and doesn't really show signs of continuing. I've played a bit of his game, wasn't very fond of him, never really choose him when presented with a choice.

Maikou

Smash Ace
We, the Bandana Waddle Dee supporters, call ourselves the Bandana Brigade. our goal is to show support for one of our most wanted newcomers, and seek out almost every detail that could lead to our wanted newcomer(s) getting confirmed. we're not over-the-top, or a fanbase (in the usual sense), we just very much love a characterand want to see him more. plus we feel he's the best for a fourth Kirby character, given that Sakurai's dang modesty doesn't get in the way.

Groose

Smash Champion
It's funny how people say they hate rating Bandana Dee and then overrate him to the extremes :p
Please. Stop. Not just you; sorry for singling you out in particular, but this is the post that finally broke me. There are a bunch of you doing it. Stop acting like your interpretation of the evidence is the only correct one. Stop throwing out barbed comments at the side that doesn't agree with you. Stop countervoting. What is it about Bandana Dee that makes things so freaking controversial? Why must we keep on fighting?

With the vast majority of other characters, we don't get nearly as bloodthirsty. There may be the occasional, "I think you're wrong about this," but we really don't bust out the sarcastic remarks. When they do come into play, people gang up on the sarcastic ones and make it clear that such things are unacceptable. Why is it that when we rate Bandana Dee, everyone feels inclined to toss out sarcastic and blunt comments, and people feel the need to respond to fire with more fire? And why is every time we rate him on a day where I don't have time to come in and moderate throughout the day?

I don't have access to the tools that I normally use to end the day; it's a Sunday, and I didn't think I would need to end things. However, things have become such a bloodbath that I've had to take Brawler610 up on his offer to calculate the scores so that we can move on from this day. I expected better, especially because I had specifically asked you all to take it easy and refrain from heavy debate today.

Tomorrow we're rating Ridley, the one character that is perhaps more controversial than Bandana Dee. I'm asking you once again--do not turn Ridley's day into a flame war. KEEP. THINGS. CIVIL. If I hear barbs like "all of those Ridley fans are in denial" or "you are all fools for abandoning Ridley," I will be forced to either request moderator action or tempban you from the game.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
bandana waddle dee - 50%
sakurai modesty is basically crap, mostly seen inside the direct, he's got an ever growing fan base in japan (and a big one right on this form, not that actually affects anything, but a nice little fact) along with being in a series that a lot of people like (not much, but a helpful non the less)
the way I see it, it all depends if sakurai wants and can see something with waddle dee, if he can then he's in, if not he's out, basically a coin toss situation
want - 100%
I was one of the people who helped form the bandana brigade, helped brung discussion to the fan base, and practically stuck by chandelure through all the wars this character caused, he has my support along with being my number one most wanted newcomer
andy - 10.25%
was spared in the direct, and could become something, but i'm not holding anything on him
want - 50%
indifferent
kamak - 0%
kamak is the Japanese magickoopa, magickoopa are in the game, which means kamak is in the game as an enemy, hate to be blunt but he's deconfirmed
want - 10%
saw very little interest
paultena - 93.25%
i'll be surprised to see anything below 90%
ridley - 32.38%
hoped died down but he's still alive, i'll explain more on his day if I can
Please. Stop. Not just you; sorry for singling you out in particular, but this is the post that finally broke me. There are a bunch of you doing it. Stop acting like your interpretation of the evidence is the only correct one. Stop throwing out barbed comments at the side that doesn't agree with you. Stop countervoting. What is it about Bandana Dee that makes things so freaking controversial? Why must we keep on fighting?
With the vast majority of other characters, we don't get nearly as bloodthirsty. There may be the occasional, "I think you're wrong about this," but we really don't bust out the sarcastic remarks. When they do come into play, people gang up on the sarcastic ones and make it clear that such things are unacceptable. Why is it that when we rate Bandana Dee, everyone feels inclined to toss out sarcastic and blunt comments, and people feel the need to respond to fire with more fire? And why is every time we rate him on a day where I don't have time to come in and moderate throughout the day?
I don't have access to the tools that I normally use to end the day; it's a Sunday, and I didn't think I would need to end things. However, things have become such a bloodbath that I've had to take Brawler610 up on his offer to calculate the scores so that we can move on from this day. I expected better, especially because I had specifically asked you all to take it easy and refrain from heavy debate today.
Tomorrow we're rating Ridley, the one character that is perhaps more controversial than Bandana Dee. I'm asking you once again--do not turn Ridley's day into a flame war. KEEP. THINGS. CIVIL. If I hear barbs like "all of those Ridley fans are in denial" or "you are all fools for abandoning Ridley," I will be forced to either request moderator action or tempban you from the game.

someone finally said it,

beautiful mate, . . . beautiful . . .

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Here, here!

andimidna

Smash Master
Why are we pretending like small arguments are terrible flame wars?

Nobody got angry.
Nobody yelled.

So why call little disputes a bloodbath?
Seriously. I just don't get it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Nobody got angry.
Nobody yelled.

Psst! You were calling people out over an opinion they hold, which happens to be as valid as yours, and the thread owner had asked for no conflict. That's a problem.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Hoping I'm not late here but if I am whatevs...

Bandana
Chance:20%. He's clearly gained a bit of a following since his debut in Super Star Ultra (?), but I'm not sure Kirby needs another rep. Kirby, D3, and MK are the characters everyone knows.

Want:10% The spear thing could be cool, but I'm not terribly interested in playing him if he gets in.

Andy
Chance: 35% Wars world hasn't been explored much in Smash, so this could finally be the time for a newcomer, especially after the VC release giving reminding the world that AW exists. On the other hand, its been quite some time since Days of Ruin, and that was a completely different universe to boot. We'll see. 4 of the six revealed newcomers have been from unrepped series though.

Want: 100% I LOVE the Advance Wars games and I think that its high time that FE's sister series gets some representation. Just thinking of some kind of resource-managing, CO-power building playstyles gets me really excited. Andy fits the bill too, being a mechanic character as well as the guy on the cover of the games. My most wanted newcomer.

Kamek
Chance: 1% Don't see it happening with or without generic Magikoopa enemies. He's (She?!) not terribly interesting anyways.
Want: 0% No thanks.

Palutena: 97%
Ridley: 43%

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Nobody got angry.
Nobody yelled.

People here overreact a little to much, maybe because in the past they were dealing with to much trolls and flame wars? For now the game has been smooth yeah one or two comments that should not been wrote, still nothing outside to pay attention.

@ Groose Groose don´t be mad, don´t let some simple and a few posts lose your patience, is alright to stop a flame war but sometimes people should do it for themselves and learn for their mistakes, lets be calm and not point names, I´m sure the people on this board could keep it civil.

.n_n.

andimidna

Smash Master
Psst! You were calling people out over an opinion they hold, which happens to be as valid as yours, and the thread owner had asked for no conflict. That's a problem.
Which post in particular?

I'd say things were nice and civil.
From what you guys described about his last ratings, I was expecting something much worse. But it felt pretty uneventful. Meh.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Hear hear!

Look, I get it. I'm a hardcore Pac-Man fan, and I want him in Smash. We get people coming into the Pac-Man support thread and saying he doesn't stand a chance, and we defend him, but that's the point. It's in the right place. I understand wanting to defend your beloved character, but take it to the appropriate thread, not here.

I didn't believe you guys when you said Bandana Dee would cause arguing, especially since this is my first time in the RTC thread, but in the past 24 hours I've seen it. I've seen people quote others' posts strongly defending Bandana Dee simply because that person gave him low odds. A civil response here and there isn't bad, and I think the mods would allow it (and we wouldn't drive Groose crazy), but doing that for every post that portrays your favorite character negatively only causes drama and anger. Fact of the matter is if you support a character and someone else disagrees or dislikes that character, they are not disagreeing or disliking you. Don't take it personally. They are simply stating an opinion, and that's it. If you want to discuss it in further detail, encourage them to head to the appropriate character discussion thread. That'll help us all out.

I love reading everyone else's percentages and thoughts on a character, and I'm excited to see what happens when we get to Pac-Man's day, but let's all help Groose and the mods out by keeping it civil instead of calling other people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom