• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley's Chance: 95%
Ridley's Want: 25%

It might seem counter-intuitive to rate Ridley's chances higher than I originally anticipated after the Direct alluded to Ridley in a boss character context; however, there is a method to the madness. Ridley has become one of the most obvious candidates for Smash 4. The character is well established on Smashboards, everyone can comprehend why he is one of the more obvious potential inclusions (his staggering Smash prevalence, his prominence to a notable series, his overt fan demand). The Direct was what made me realize that he is one of the most likely characters, I might even insinuate that he has a better chance than Palutena. When announcing boss characters, Ridley would have been THE MOST IDEAL example. One might illuminate the notion that Yellow Devil was the definitive example; Ridley has been many things during Smash, a stage-hazard is not one of those roles. If Ridley was a boss, why wouldn't Sakurai actually showcase a picture of him? We merely got a silhouette, if he wanted to hint at Ridley in a stage-hazard context, we didn't need to see his shadow. There have been many pictures of Pyrosphere, none of them indicated Ridley was present. We would have learned of his role as a stage-hazard/boss if he was a stage-hazard/boss. There is no reason to quite literally show his shadow whilst stating, "there are many other boss characters!" It is one of many attempts at hyping up the character for a bigger reveal; in a Direct full of surprises such as the Palutena trophy quiz or the Zero-Suit Samus de-confirmation, a purposeful miscommunication in regards to Ridley is hardly unfathomable.

I can't necessarily explain my perspective, I am tired. The shadow is the key, he would have shown a screen-shot of Ridley if he was a boss character, or if he wasn't playable but he didn't want us to think that he was a stage-hazard, he would NOT have said anything in regards to more boss characters (or he would not have very specifically panned into THE stage that has been subject to debate since the beginning).

Pyrosphere is Ridley's home-stage (from Other M). So it would be odd without him, everyone mitigates this by asserting that he is a stage-hazard; however, if you believe Palutena is in the game based on her home-stage, it is fallacious to not afford that same respect to Ridley. It is the same situation in my opinion.

Hopefully that was concise enough, I realize that nothing I state is objective, but that is the reason why I believe Ridley to be one of the few DEFINITE inclusions. The other being Mewtwo.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh boy, good day good day ... it will be one of extremes

Palutena
Chance - 99.9%
Oh man, it's a good time to be a fan of Palutena. We got the Pseudo-troll, get got Pit's final smash, we got the old leak never being disproven and then the new leak from the guy who's been accurate so far even with unexpected Greninja ... She's as good as in.

Want - 100%
This is my main and I can't wait to see her. Favorite of all the male and female video game characters, competing only with a couple pokemon for top video game character of all time spot. I CANNOT WAIT.

Ridley
Chance - 5%
I still believe he could be in, BUT, let's face it ... that possibility is small and it's more likely that we are wrong for hoping he's still in than we are right about it. Yes, Sakurai trolls, but I feel like he also believes Ridley fits the mold of boss best, and that's something he maybe did not change his opinion of. It is also possible he hypes up the reveal because he genuinely thinks fans might just be excited to see him in the game regardless of in which form. His mistake, sure, but a likely one.
Regardless, I hold on to that 5% chance that he'll troll and announce a playable Ridley that's completely different from the Other M clone.

Want - 100%
Ridley and Palutena are to me the must haves in this game. The characters that, if not in it, there would be a huge gap until the next Smash Bros. Sure, I guess K. Rool fits this too. But in any case, even if I don't use Ridley, the Smash fandom has been after him since Melee and it's about time we get an answer. And if the answer is yes, then I will promptly lose it as certainly as these forums will collapse under the weight of chaos.

Predictions
K. Rool - 76%
Dixie - 43%
Cranky - 24%
I'm pulling for the gator to go up because of Kremlings.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Ridley
Oh... poor Ridley, what did you do to Sakurai to deserve a big mess like this and even one of the 3 biggest trollest moments in the history of Smash? Did you kill his family?

Chance: 7.77% Lucky sevens.
Want: 100% Why... why? Can´t I play with Ridley after 15 years.

Palutena
Oh holy Lord Helix, if Little Mac was a shoe in before well now there is a character that even surpass him in everything.

Chance: 99.99%
Let's see;
Level: Palutena's Temple - Check
No appearance as Assist Trophy or Final Smash - Check
Trolled in a good way by Sakurai as a hint - Check
A lot of representation: Items, Levels, etc. - Check
2 Leaks that are now respected - Check
Highly requested by the West and the East - Check
Successful last game - Check
Recency - Check

I don´t think I can add more.

Want: 50%
She could be fun, maybe rate her with a better percent until I see her moveset and gameplay.

.n_n.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee
Chance: 24.72% (was 38.06%)
Want: 47.61% (was 64.26%)

I want to write something witty here, but I don't want to offend anyone. Objectively, Dee fell out of both top ten charts. I have nothing more to add.

XD

-Ridley:
Chances: 3%
Want: 20% Now I don't care about him and Mewtwo for some reason :/

-Palutena:
Chances: 95%
Want: 35% Medusa FTW!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I've tallied the votes so far and Ridley's still in 12th even after the direct.

Make of that what you will.

andimidna

Smash Master
I added up Palutena's chance scores just to see what she might get.

I'm not sure if I counted 22 or 23 votes though...

She either currently has a chance of 92.82% or 97.04%

I'll check again...

Ok... I must have skipped over a vote because I just saw 25, but Morbid didn't rate Palutena, so 24.

Ehhh... I can't count. I'll just wait for tomorrow. :p

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
Ridley:
Chance: 50% I could see it going either way at this point.
Want: 100% for obvious reasons.

Palutena:
Chance: 99% With all we've seen so far, Palutena is pretty much a lock.
Want 40% Never played KI:U, so meh.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Ridley: 15%
Want: 100%

Palutena: 95%
Want: 75%

Cranky Kong: 9.02%
King K Rool: 72.08%
Dixie Kong: 62.89%

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Tis is the day of fish. Tis the day of Paletuna and the space dragon in a fishy situation. :p

Ridley: 5% Chance | 50% Want
The boss scene.... just... the boss scene. While it is possible that Sakurai was trolling us with Ridley's erratic movements.... it's a hard piece of evidence to refute and ignore.

Palutena: 100% Chance | 100% Want
Yup, second time I've given a 100 out (first was Mewtwo). The Pseudo-scare is a big factor in an of itself, and so is the new final smash. But both pale in comparison to the leaks. the Getmatsu leak is honestly irrefutable right now given it's track record of listing 4 (debatably 5 depending on who you ask) of the 6 newcomers. Not to mention those three month old leaked screenshots of Palutena still haven't been disproven. Literally everything is shouting Palutena at this point, kinda like how everything was shouting Little Mac in 2013.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Ridley:

Chance : 80% This friggin space dragon confuses me so much with the boss scene and all. I gotta go with high chances with him because I believe that Sakurai is trolling with our minds right now. He wants us to think that he's a hazard and all hope is lost, and then when E3 (maybe?) rolls around and the trailer ends with Ridley flying around being all playable and stuff, we'll experience hype like we've never seen before.

Want : 100% I'm already prepared to main Ridley.

Palutena:

Chance : 99% The whole Pseudo Palutena trophy thing and Pit's new Palutena-less Final Smash gave it away.

Want : 70% I'd be alright if she was playable but not devastated if she isn't. I liked her a lot in Uprising.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Ridley:

Chance: 8%

Want: 60%

Mostly indifferent to Ridley as a character. Want would probably be higher but I don't dare to raise my hopes at this point.

Palutena:

Chance: 85%

Want: 95%

I like the character (loved uprising) and I want to see more Kid Icarus rep. Not gonna mention the leaks but the Psuedo-Palutena trophy joke and the removal of Palutena from Pit's Final Smash make her chances look good.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Palutena:

Chance: 100%
She is definitely a lock as far as I'm concerned. Let's go down the list: She has a home stage confirmed (every newcomer so far has one), she is really popular, she is the second most important character in the Kid Icarus franchise (the series is named after her in Japan), she has plenty of moveset potential (especially since Sakurai can bum a few moves since she is basically his character now), she has not been seen at all yet (since she is so important, she would at least have appeared in some way by this point if she isn't playable), Sakurai probably knows how popular she is because of the Pseudo-Palutena fake out in the Trophy Quiz, and Pit has a new Final Smash. At this point, regardless of the legitimacy of the leak, she is definitely the most likely potential newcomer.

HELL TO THE YES. I loved her constant trolling in Uprising, she is a freaking GODDESS, she has plenty of potential to have an interesting playstyle, and I just get this joy out of beating up people as a beautiful female character who can kick ass in heels (probably why I like Rosalina so much). I've been thinking about this more and more lately, and I will definitely use her as at least a secondary if she's playable.

Ridley:

Chance: 0%
Unfortunately for him, the Smash Direct pretty much killed all of his chances at being playable in my eyes. Sakurai clearly hinted at him being a boss character, and I don't think he will end up being anything else. While there are some Ridley fans who are still clinging to hope, I'm going to jump off the Ridley bandwagon before I end up disappointed.

Want: 80%
I didn't grow up with the Metroid series (I only beat Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion a few months ago), but I can support the idea of controlling a giant purple space pterodactyl that can eat your face and spit fire. I like aerial fighters, and he would probably have a very interesting aerial movset. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen at this point.

Predictions:
K. Rool: 86.43%
Dixie Kong: 45.21%
Cranky Kong: 9.07%

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Let me just get this out of the way...
Palutena
Likeliness: 99%
There's nothing we can predict that holds her back. The only thing that could in theory (as BKupa once typed) is "Sakurai being Sakurai." Hence the non-absolute ranking.
Want: 96%
I absolutely adore Uprising. But, to be honest, Palutena is far from my favorite character from said game. Granted, for me, Viridi and Hades are extremely difficult to compete with, so it still says quite a bit.
Buuut, on the less personal side, I acknowledge her importance to the franchise and I acknowledge her popularity. I can respect the large amount of fans and I would like to see them happy. And there is no character from Kid Icarus, bar Pit obviously, that should get in over Palutena. If she isn't a "Nintendo All-Star" yet, I think she should be.

Now, onto the...big one.

I'll be honest, I've never completed a Metroid game. Heck, up until I played (But didn't complete) Super Metroid a year or two ago I had never even played a Metroid game. The series never interested me, bar my recent urge to try out the previously mentioned Super and, more recently, Prime. (Though I've only played about an hour of each.) However, even before I've ever touched a Metroid game, Ridley was my most wanted character for these games.
Up until 2011 I wasn't into speculation. I didn't really care what characters we got, I just kinda rolled with it. Ridley was the first character I legitimately supported and was the character that basically introduced me to this whole community. (Granted, back then it was just one single thread, but once character threads started popping up it really got moving.) So despite not having any attachment to the Metroid franchise as a whole, I do have much attachment to Ridley. And that goes into my first reason for wanting him: the satisfaction of seeing the first character I ever actually supported finally get his time to shine.
Another reason I want Ridley is to see his increasingly large hatebase finally get what-for. I like to see those that have personally insulted my views get what's coming to them when it's as something as arbitrary and, in the grand scheme of things, as insignificant as characters in a video game. This is the lesser of the reasons I will present, but I can't say it's not a reason either, so I still present it.
But now onto the actual reason I began supporting Ridley to begin with.
When I look for character that I want to see playable, the biggest thing I look for is if that character is important enough in their franchise and Nintendo as whole. If they're an "All-Star" if you want to call it that. Smash, the way I see it, is supposed to take these "All-Stars" and pit them against each other. The Smash roster is a list of Nintendo's finest. The greats, representative of big aspects of the world of this company that we all love. The way I see it, there is no character that should be included but hasn't yet more than Ridley.
Ridley, the main antagonist of the critically acclaimed Metroid franchise. A character that's existed since the NES days. A character as important to Metroid as Ganon(dorf) is to Zelda, if not even more-so. A character so ingrained in lore that the main character herself would not even be the character we know without his integral part in the backstory.
This huge franchise sets Ridley up as this incredibly important piece of this picture. Samus' mortal enemy that robbed her of everyone she knew, and set her up for the path that we were introduced to in the original game way back when.
The fact that such an important and long lasting character from such an important and long lasting franchise, an "All-Star" if you will, hasn't been included, at the time of learning all of this, astounded this 'ere new speculator. I read through the other character threads as well, granted. King K. Rool had my support. As did Mega Man, Little Mac, Mewtwo, what have you. But Ridley, was, is, and will always be at the top of my list. That is, until he's finally included.
I will reiterate my thoughts, and I care not if you disagree: of the characters that have not yet been playable in Super Smash Bros, there is no character more worthy of inclusion than Ridley. That alone is what gives my all the confidence I need to type the following...
Groose, mark my Want for Ridley as 100 percent. A rating I never did and never will give to any other possible newcomer for these iterations of Super Smash Bros.

Dang...that was loooong. Should I put it a little compact collapse-able? :awesome:

Now...oi, makes my mind take a darker turn if I think about it too long...
Likeliness: 5%
Could I just not say anything about it, please? I'll provide explanation if I have to, but I'd rather not have to type anything about it if that's all right...

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, the charts are going to change a lot the next couple weeks. I thought it would be interesting to see how much it changed yesterday.

1. Palutena - 81.66% chance
2. Ridley - 73.98% chance
3. King K. Rool - 68.28% chance
4. Shulk - 64.06% chance
5. Dixie Kong - 63.68% chance
6. Mii - 61.62% chance,
7.Pac-Man - 59.96% chance
8.Takamaru - 49.67% chance
9. Chrom - 44.56% chance
10. Isaac - 33.87% chance

Isaac is now on the chance chart! (Sorry Bandana Dee, you are still loved by many)
Robin is #11

1. King K. Rool - 85.46% want
2. Ridley - 81.21% want
3. Palutena - 75.07% want
4. Banjo Kazooie - 72.57% want
5. Isaac - 68.46% want
6. Dixie Kong - 68.25% want
7. Shulk - 66.79% want
8. Bomberman - 59.83% want
9. Takamaru - 57.51% want
10. Lip - 56.45% want

Not only was Robin not #10 most wanted character pre-Bandana Dee, but he wasn't even #11 :laugh: (He was #12)
Both Takamaru and Lip are on there now!
Lip actually made it on a top 10 chart! Yes!
Robin is #11 on both charts now :p
Poor guy, so close.

Looks like Palutena's chance will be moving up 10% and her want about 5%
Looks like Ridley's chance will plummet like 40% but his want might move up like 5%
(Just guesses, didn't calculate)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright. This is one I'd actually love to participate in.

Ridley - Want - 100%. No one deserves to be in Sm4sh more than Ridley, after being denied so many times for stupid reasons. His fans have fought the literal refuse bins of the internet, and endured so much abuse and still stand strong today to support him. It's an absolute injustice to the character to not be included yet, especially after he's been just outside of reach since Melee. I'm still rooting for you, big purple space buddy!

Likeliness - 10%. I'm gonna be honest, but still not completely convinced he's out, here. Being shown or teased as an element on the stage we so feared for such a long time was a big blow to Rids. We haven't technically seen him, just a shadow, so I'm going to give the more hardcore fans the benefit of their doubt here, and lend some credit to the "Sakurai factor" that may be just hiding the truth. If he turns out to be a boss though, it's extremely heartbreaking, and outright mean to his fans. Alot of the internet ought to be ashamed of themselves for how they treat Ridley fans as well. God damn idiots...

Palutena - Want - 100%. - Here we are at Lady Palutena! One of my most wanted newcomers (I'll be honest, they all have the same "want" percentage. Big surprise.) who definitely deserves to be in this game. It's been a big couple of years for her series, finally being revived in such a masterful way, and having her character given such a crowd-drawing character and personality really helped her become the fan-favorite she is today. Pit hopefully won't be alone on the battlefield for much longer!

Likeliness - 99.9% - I'm almost 100% convinced of her conclusion, and anyone who spends as much time around here as I do should know why. The leak, Sakurai's trolling with Pseudo-tena, his fondness for the character, his attention to detail with the series, and him being the mastermind behind both her newest game, and the game we're all here for, as well as her own popularity, moveset potential, and loveable personality really lend to her being an excellent and likely choice for the game. Oh, and there's also the potential for the other leak, the newest one, to be true. However, there's no discounting the Sakurai factor, however slight the chances are, which is why I'm not putting every single egg in that basket officially. We'll see what happens, but I sure hope Lady Palutena makes her big entrance for this Smash!

D

Deleted member

Ridley

Chance: 1%

The recent direct already revealed that the ever-so-popular Metroid villain will be a stage hazard. Sora/Namco Bandai could pull an Alfonzo by replacing Ridley with Meta-Ridley (with a design inspired by Other M's art style, similar to Sheik being Twilight Princess-ified) when the former is played, but that seems unlikely. If they planned on making Ridley playable, then they would have chosen Kraid or any other Metroid boss as a stage hazard.

I probably wouldn't care to play as Ridley, but, as Shrooby already stated him/herself, he's too important to not be included.

Palutena

I don't need to repeat what everyone else has said. She's in, period.

Same opinion as Ridley.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
One day later, I see things from the eyes of Bandana Dee's supporters. Helplessly watching as a character I love and genuinely believe is one of the most likely of all to get in (not in spite of, but because of things in the Direct) has his chance score obliterated. :dizzy:

(I would like to add want scores for both Palutena and Ridley - 100% each - there are only six characters I can say that I want with zero doubt).

Last edited:

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Dang I missed Dee's rating day.

Ridley
chance: 60%
I just think you can't count him out entirely yet.

want: 50% I'm not a huge fan of the Metroid franchise, but I'd like to see him in. That and it would be nice to see one group of down trodden fans to get their character. (*sigh* Still waiting on Toad)

Palutena:
chance: 70%
After Little Mac, I think its possible, there's a lot of stuff in her favour.

want: 60%
I'm not against her being added in at all, but not yet had a chance to play the game, but what I've seen of her she seems pretty cool.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ridley:
Chance: 99.9%

He's in. I'm pretty damn confident in this.

I'm sorry, that shadow's too suspicious for me to believe Sakurai; it moves awkwardly into shot, as if human controlled. Compare Brawl's Ridley boss movement with this one and see how different in fluidity it is. I don't buy this 'Other Boss' BS at all, particularly since it never once seemed to try and attack. That guy knows what he's doing. I'm incapable of trusting Sakurai when he pulls a stunt about Zero Suit Samus in the exact same Direct.

Want: 55%

Ironically I'm not a big(Ha) fan of Ridley, but am one of the few that believe he's all but confirmed. If I'm wrong though, I won't lose any sleep, but I don't think I am on this one. It'll be nice for the fans to finally get what they want though. Also it means in future Smash spec I don't have to watch the boards get swamped by Ridley fanatical support, as once he's in, he's likely in for good.

Palutena:
Chance: 95%

Sakurai dropped enough hints. I don't buy him being too modest to include a second Kid Icarus character when we have two MOTHER characters of which his old company; Hal Labs, had a large hand in developing. Only reason I put Palutena slightly lower than Ridley is because we saw Ol' Riddles shadow. She's still in regardless, Sakurai's 'modesty' be damned.

Want: 45%
I don't feel like KI actually needs a second rep. Pit does a fine job solo. However, we're getting one anyway(I mean MOTHER of all series got two) so I might as well prepare for her inevitable appearance. Largely indifferent but think she's less required than Ridley overall due to the popularity of her series being below that of Metroid.

Predictions:
K. Rool: 85%

Kremlings in Smash Run will make him seem very likely to many.

Dixie Kong: 50%
Likewise many will see Dixie not being revealed instead of Little Mac or Greninja as a bad thing. Many will still think she's got a shot, I can't really call this. Kremlings will probably also knock her down a little(but not by much. I mean she WAS in the games with them)

Cranky Kong: 5%
Kremlings as villains will knock Cranky's chances for six. Unlike Dixie and K. Rool he's never fought them in game.

(Post 2222; totally irrelevant, but look how neat that looks.)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena

Chance: 99.9%
So much to talk about for her, so little time.
-From my memory, it started with that Palutena leak fiasco, which still hasn't been debunked yet. A potential leak, lasting months? Now that's most impressive.
-Palutena's Temple stage for the Wii U. Sound suspicious? Reset Bomb Forest is fine, too.
-And then the Direct happened, starting with Pit getting a new Final Smash, with Palutena not present, increasing her chances further.
-Though not as big of an impact as other things, but there's currently 5 KI items, 3 were shown in the direct. Kid Icarus surely has been getting a lot more attention recently.
-That little Pseudo-Palutena trophy tease. I admit it scared me, but after that was cleared up, it just increased her chances more and more.
-Some ppl don't mention this, but the Kid Icarus Uprising enemies currently shown in Smash Run (Monoeye, Reaper, Mimicutie) also show that the Kid Icarus series is getting a lot of attention this time around.

And there's more that I forgot to say, but you get the idea. She's nearly if not guaranteed playable, whether she's a secret character or not.
At the same time, Sakurai created the Smash Bros series as well as Kid Icarus Uprising. Things are definitely looking up to be in favor for the Goddess of Light, especially after that Smash Bros. Direct. Who knows? She might be the next newcomer reveal.

The ONLY character I care about to get in, and she already has a super amazing chance, not to mention I already have her planned to be my main along with Pit and Bowser. It's like she's nearly if not guaranteed, let alone things pointing to her most likely being the next newcomer revealed, and I hope she does.
She's deserving, definitely would bring something unique to the roster, and so many other things that I don't even remember to say. I just hope she's revealed soon so I don't have to worry anymore.

Ridley *hisses*

Chance: 0%
I'm obviously on the side in which Sakurai teased him as the "boss" of Pyrosphere by using that shadow, meaning he isn't playable at all, but rather the boss of Pyrosphere, just like Yellow Devil is for Mega Man's stage. Just listening to the Smash Direct part about bosses really convinces me he ain't playable, and I hope he isn't.
"Boss characters make appearances in other stages, not just this one," from the Direct, and then cue the Ridley shadow part. If this doesn't hint that he's Pyrosphere's boss, I don't know what does.

Want: 0%
I understand he's popular, I get it, but I'm not one of those people who support him as playable, and never will. I'm actually just waiting for Sakurai to disconfirm him completely so this can end for good. I know it was hinted that he'll be a boss character in Pyrosphere, but I want him to say that he's the boss of Pyrosphere so this can end for good. He's better off as a boss like I've said before, and I could go a bit further than this, but I don't want to sound like a jerk.

Predictions:
K.Rool: 35%
Yes, I know the Kremlings are in Smash Run, but remember he hasn't appeared in a game for a while, more-so a villain since DK64. He might get the Skull Kid treatment as far as we know. Plus Smash Run is 3DS exclusive. Where will those Kremlings be in the WiiU version?

Dixie Kong: 15%
I'm not confident about her at all really, not that I want her anyways.

I just don't think he'd be in. Only reason why he's not a 0 is because he might the the similar hype Rosalina did by being playable in other games, or in his case, Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
-Ridley:
Chances: 50%
Want: 75%
I just don't know anymore, so much teasing and trolling. It's a coin toss. I also like him, but I don't need to have him.

-Palutena:
Chances: 99.9%
I though she was obvious since her 'debut' in uprising.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
-Ridley:
Chance: 50%
Want: 95%

It can go either way really, but I REALLY want him to be in. Metroid needs more reps, and who better than the main character's arch enemy? Also I see interesting moveset potential in him (not to mention I like him overall).

-Palutena:
Chance: 90%
Want: 60%

Shes pretty much confirmed, but Im leaving some space just in case. I havent played Uprising so the characters popularity escapes me, but if she has an interesting moveset then why not.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
With Buci01's signature solving my last qualm over Palutena, I have to say she has a 100% chance.
Wan: 55%. Have yet to play KIU, but se seems pretty cool though.
Going to skip Ridley.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ridley
Chance: 83%
Want: 78%
A character I have no personal connections to, Ridley's current position is rather interesting. Judging solely on how vague Sakurai has chosen to be concerning Ridley's role in these games, I am going to say that he's got a pretty good chance.​

Palutena
#TeamReal​

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Palutena
Chance: 90% -- The amount of hints dropped makes this a safe bet.
Want: 100% -- A fantastic character in Kid Icarus: Uprising with some nice moveset potential for Smash.

Ridley

Chance: 30% -- Focus on Ridley is always hinted towards a boss. There is no teasing about him making the roster.
Want: 40% -- If he's confirmed as a boss; I'm fine with that. If he's playable; it'd be an interesting choice that'd grow on me.

Last edited:

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Palutena:
Chance: 95% - There is nothing going against her at this point and with Kid Icarus being pretty popular, a second rep only makes sense. And that being Palutena is more or less confirmed. Would be shocked if she is an Assist Trophy or something like that.
Want: 80% - She could be nice to play, but I also think there are characters who deserve it more than her.

Which leads me to...

Ridley:
Chance: 50% - With all this stage hazard "confirmation" going on it could be everything. Ridley could be playable and there is no/another boss on Pyrosphere, there could be Other M Ridley as boss and Super Metroid Ridley playable etc... You can't be sure about this.
Want: 100% - For me, Ridley is the most deserving character to be playable in Smash Bros. Who would not want to play with a purple killing machine from space?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's... never rate Bandana Dee ever again, please.
Palutena and Ridley have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Palutena or Ridley, check to see what you've said on their days!

Palutena
Chance:
99%

This is the highest that I can really give to a newcomer, 3rd party veteran, or cut Melee veteran (I gave Little Mac, Sonic, and Mewtwo 95%s).
Honestly, she has a lot more going for her, even more than Little Mac.
Little Mac:
  • A leak stated that he could have been seen at E3.
  • Western demand.
  • A stage that largely resembles Punch Out!!
Palutena:
  • A leak by the same guy saying that she is playable and a picture leak that has not been disproven even still.
  • Worldwide demand.
  • A stage.
  • Pit's Final Smash has been changed.
  • Sakurai has hinted at her and has teased her more than once.
I say that she is playable, I am sure of it now. There is just everything pointing towards her playability. That leak from a long time ago has not been disproven at all while similar leaks, like the Shulk one, get disproven within minutes.
She has worldwide demand. I doubt that Sakurai would look over his adopted child.
She has a stage... yeah.
Pit's Final Smash was her only doubt. Now that Pit now has the Three Sacred Treasures, I can safely say that Sakurai replaced that Final Smash so that she could be playable.
Sakurai has teased her throughout the Direct; he knows how much people want her.
Honestly... if she isn't playable, I would be surprised.
With that being said, I could really care less.
I love Kid Icarus: Uprising; it's my favorite game on the 3DS. However, I wasn't on the Smash boat like a lot of people are. She is just a meh character; a funny one, but one that I am incredibly indifferent one. I like Pit, Hades, and Viridi even more than Palutena.
Her moveset potential is just... boring to me. I'm not that invested in what she could do. Her boss fight didn't scream to me, "She should be playable in Smash!" I had a playable vibe with Shulk and Little Mac when I played Xenoblade and Punch Out!! for the Wii, but I didn't for Palutena when I played KI:U.
Still, I want to see her fans be happy.
EDIT: Also, I prefer a playable Hades.

Ridley
Chance:
5%

I am not confident anymore... I am starting to think that he is a stage hazard...
5% in case Sakurai is trolling.
His speculation has waned me down on my want for him.

King K. Rool Prediction: 79.55%
Massive spike up.
Dixie Kong Prediction: 23.82%
Massive spike down.
Cranky Kong Prediction: 5.37%
Yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Palutena
Chance : 95%
Do I really need to explain myself on this one ?

Want : 50%
Fighting is not really the first thing who comes to my mind when I think about Palutena since the only times you really ever see her fight is when she is used as a meat shield by the chaos kin.

No what comes to mind first is her awesome personallity, dialogue and relation with Pit and I think that the best way to represent that would be making her pretty much the codec of Pit.

But I would really feel like a jerk if I were to give less than 50% to both such a lovable character and by pure respect for one of the best fanbase around, that I really don't want to see disappointed.

Ridley
Chance : 10% EDIT : 50%

Because I want to believe that Sakurai isn't stupid enough to try to hype us with a god damn stage boss fight, but after the melee intro, ZSS being playable before him and the Dynablade boss fight from Brawl, I would be surprised if that's not what is happening right now.
Edit : Sometimes I wonder if I hate my fellow Ridley fans or if I love them for giving me so much hopes.

Want : 100%
Playable Ridley is pretty much the only thing I ever asked for this game, I didn't care about tripping, I didn't care that much about the online, I hated Melee mechanics.
No, The only thing I cared about was that the main antagonist from one of the most iconic Nintendo franchise finally gets the playable spot he deserved.

But once again, ONCE AGAIN, we are denied that,once again the Metroid fans will get content they didn't asked for such as more Assist trophies (killing in the process Dark Samus,the only other deserving Metroid charcter character) and an even more sex appealing Samus, yaaaay and meanwhile the character we have been asking for 13 years, 3 smash games is once again pushed aside, if Sakurai is trying to please the Metroid fans, he's failing miserably at it.

Now don't get me wrong, I can see why Ridley wasn't added in Melee and Brawl, characters such as Bowser, Dedede, Wario, Sonic, Diddy Kong and other Olimar being in before Ridley make sense, but when Ridley is one of the most important Nintendo characters left, no I can't understand why he is not added.

And you better not give me that "At least be happy that Ridley is in the game" BS, I don't have to accept every decision that Sakurai make and kiss the very ground he walks on, I would rather have no Ridley in this game, than having him taunting me on the Pyrosphere "Hey look I'm on the battlefield this time, but you will never have the chance to play as me, now watch out because I'm going to slooooowly go in your direction and kindly grab you".

And guess what, it's not avoidable this time, sure I didn't have to play the SSE in Brawl, but here every time I would play online, there would be a chance that I have to play on the Pyrosphere.

To have my only wanted character taunting me like that is worse that not seeing him in the game at all, and.....it's worse than to not play this game, I may own both a Wii U and a 3DS but I will not own any version of Smash 4 if there is no playable Ridley, as whinny as it sounds.

I know that both games will be awesome, maybe even the best of their system, but they're not the game I waited for nor one that I want anymore.

I'll wait, like Ridley, I will not give up, I will come back again next time, supporting playable Ridley more than ever, but for now I will wait in the shadow, ready to strike, because I will never accept a fate such as being a boss forever.

Long live Lord Ridley !

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sorry, for the double post I'm about to do, I just wanted this to get attention.

9.Takamaru (Nazu no Murasamejou): Day 164: (49.67% chance, 57.51% want); Day 19: (59.54% chance, 52.82% want)
13. Robin (Fire Emblem): DAY 129: (32.61% chance, 56.00% want);

THE TOP 10 OF WANT

It looks as if our Want Chart has been wrong this whole time...

Takamaru is currently 1.51% more wanted than Robin.

Is it worth it to change this now?
Probably not. We're re-rating both shortly. But if it can be done very quickly, I wouldn't call it a bad idea.
Besides, this Bandana Dee re-rate is likely to mix things up a bit. So maybe after today is done.
Wait... the Ridley rating will likely mix things up too...
Yea, maybe just wait until we're done with the set of characters affected by the direct...
Once again, unless it's a very quick and easy thing to do. I wouldn't know.
Thanks for pointing that out. Though I won't update them until we are done re-rating all the necessary characters. Please understand.

On to Today's ratings.

RIDLEY: 10% chance | 75% want
PALUTENA: 95% chance | 100% want

Sorry, I'm in a hurry right now.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Ridley

Chance 70%
Sakurai is playing us all for fools. He knows how badly Ridley is wanted and while I've docked Ridley's chance by a couple of points just in case it's a double cross there's nothing in the direct that deconfirmed him. To me the direct was yet another example of trolling.

Want 100%
By far my most wanted character, simply on the basis of worthiness. In my eyes Ridley looks the part, he's a villain and he's probably the only other deserving Metroid rep beyond the Samuses. He's wanted by a large part of the community and has been consistently teased by Sakurai for months now, only increasing my hype.

Palutena

Chance 95%
Pit's final smash, the psuedo-trophy, the supposed leaked screens. She's pretty much in. I'd say 100% but I've been proved wrong before, you can't be entirely sure predicting this game.

Want 75%
To be honest she's been on the cards for so long now I can't really remember my feelings towards her pre-prediction so maybe I've just come to accept her. However I enjoyed KI:U and thought she'd be a good addition then and nothing has changed since. I think KI could do with one more rep and she's certainly the character to add. Still, her announcement to me seems almost a formality. To come to think of it I'd likely be more surprised or angry if she was deconfirmed then I would be happy if she is.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hurried Ratings. And some explanation for yesterday and my absence.
I skipped BD on purpose. Too much salt and flame wars stirring, and I'd definitely break the limit (It was going to be 40% Chance, 100% Want) the way things were going. Apologies if you wanted to see my rating, but please understand. He's my most wanted and all, but still. Gotta keep the thread civil, so I decided to abstain. [And grammatical emphasis on the things after a comma, mind you.]

Hey, BWD has 35%? Fine by me, honestly. Though I see it could have gone better.

Ridley- 50% Chance/100% Want- Toon Link wants to see you.
I'd give more explanation... but it's not up yet. But he's certainly not DCed.
Tuna- 99.99% Chance/100% Want
Keep the :salt: as low as possible, folks, for today.

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I apologize for any fires caused by my Dee statement. With that said

RIDLEY

Chance: 0.5% - Ok look, I have to be honest - I strongly believe Ridley is done for. The .5% I gave is on the very off chance that "Other M Ridley is a Boss and Super Metroid Ridley is playable" or something like that. That shadow was unmistakably Ridley and the context was just too clear. I'm sorry, but Ridley is a Boss.

Want: 50% - Still neutral.

PALUTENA

Chance: 99% - There is not much in her way now. She might actually be the closest we have to a gauranteed newcomer.

Want: 90% - Beautiful possibilities!

Cranky Kong Prediction: 3% - Overshadowed by the other two.

King K. Rool Prediction: 75% - Considered prime candidate for DK newcomer.

Dixie Kong Prediction: 45% - The above's only competition.

Smady

Smash Master
Palutena

98% Chance: All but confirmed in that direct. There's the new final smash, the fake out trophy and everything else. Palutena is strangely very popular as a request for Smash Bros and Sakurai is obviously a big fan, not least when he does tease her in such an outlandish way. Zero question she is playable.

50% Want: But I don't especially care. Truth be told, not played a tonne of Uprising and Palutena is not that interesting of a character. Compare her to Medusa or Hades, I'd take either long before Palutena. Hades is one of the best new Nintendo villains in recent years, it's a shame he probably will never get in because of Palutena and Medusa taking the KI spots.

Ridley

99% Chance: I'm going to eat crow if this turns out wrong, but I gave Ridley 90% last time and the direct only increased my confidence in the character. There is more to confirm Ridley in that direct than Palutena, when you consider we actually see a glimpse of Ridley's model. The context is totally ridiculous. Ridley is unmistakably one of the biggest newcomers yet to be revealed, the idea that Sakurai would casually reveal him in this way, I don't understand how you can take it serious. It's clearly one way or the other now, Ridley is a boss, or playable, and if it's both then it's an Alfonzo situation.

There's a good chance I'm wrong on this, but I have a strong gut feeling.

65% Want: Same as before, slightly heightened because I want to see my theory win out. Ridley is not actually my most wanted Metroid newcomer, I'd much prefer Metroid Prime or Mother Brain, but both are completely dismissed. I think either can work if Ridley is able to be sized down. It seems that a lot of people who aren't actually big Ridley fans are the optimistic ones.

King K. Rool Prediction: 80%
Moving on up.
Dixie Kong Prediction: 28%
K. Rool eats up the competition.
Pretty sure he appears on Jungle Japes, but that's anything but a confirmation after the direct.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Ridley Chances: 0%. R.I.P.
Want: 100%. Once again, Ridley gets tossed aside for "Fan Service Samus". End it already.
Palutena Chances: 95%. This is no "Pseudo" alarm. She is nearly confirmed.
Want: 0%. Forget Roy, this is my most hated Nintendo character now.

Last edited:

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819
PALUTENA

Chance: 90%
I reserve the other 10, because I think it is a bit unlike Sakurai to drop such solid evidence... Unless he's too excited to wait for a proper reveal, so - augh, why do I even?

Want: 15%
Don't really have an opinion on the character, though I'm not interested. Kid Icarus is well enough represented with Pit.

RIDLEY

Chance: 60%
Kind of optimistic, but it delves into the idea of this game being a system seller and benefitting from as much fanservice as possible. And the somewhat ambiguous Direct. Ridley may be unlikely as a newcomer at this point, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Want: 85%
More villains, please. Ridley wouldn't be on my Top 5 list or anything, but I'd like to see at least two villain newcomers regardless.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ridley Chance: 15% Those shadows concern me.
Ridley Want: 10%
Palutena Chance: 99.9% Thanks to the Leaky Chorus leak and the Palutena leak, the fact that outlines aren't on ATs, basically confirm Palutena. I would put 100%, but not everything is guarenteed.
Palutena Want: 100%

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Ridley
Chance: .01%
I just don't think Ridley has much of a shot here. I think he'll just be in the game as a boss for Pyrosphere, as it was already shown. The reason Sakurai didn't show Ridley's full body is probably because they didn't want to show off his Other M design right now, for whatever reason. I suppose Ridley could still be playable and like Alfonso, maybe Meta Ridley would appear in the background when that happens. Would be weird to have a potential of 5 Ridleys on stage though.

Want: 0%
I'm not really much of a Metroid fan. I thought it was cool they separated Zero Suit Samus. Technically the Metroid series has 2 reps (and it kind of was that way with Brawl actually), so I think we are good with playable characters. At least Ridley will be in the game in some capacity, along with some interesting Metroid ATs. I just don't want Ridley playable.

Palutena
Chance: 99.99%
Oh god, Sakurai has trolled us with her. First is the leak, which has still been neither proven nor disproven, and then shortly after the aforementioned leak, Sakurai posts pics to Miiverse relating to Kid Icarus, most notably the reveal of Palutena's Temple for the Wii U Version. Let's not forget about the Direct either. There was Pseudo-Palutena, which at first most people likely thought it was Palutena, so Sakurai faked us out. Pit's new FS further increases Palutena's chances of being playable.

I really want her in the game! She would do great for the aforementioned reasons and a huge amount of people want her in as well. I'm sure Sakurai would love to think of a creative and new moveset for one of his own characters.

D

Deleted member

Ridley:

Chance:
I used to think that he had a really strong chance of getting in. He had practically everything going for him; the most wanted Nintendo newcomer in the West (despite practically non-existence popularity in Japan), the most important character in Metroid outside of Samus (and one of the last Nintendo All-Stars not yet playable), and Sakurai showing that he is willing to change his mind on characters. Even after the Pyrosphere stage reveal with the infamous "Samus trauma might appear!", I still kept Ridley on my prediction roster.

Unfortunately, it's obvious that Other M Ridley is a boss on Pyrosphere at this point, even after doubting he would show up. There is no doubt about it and anything to deny it would be denial at best. His only hope is if Sakurai pulls a R.O.B. situation with Ridley; have Other M Ridley as boss with Super Metroid Ridley (or a new design) be playable. But let's be honest, how likely is this? With the way Sakurai has treated Ridley over the years; all of this teasing isn't him hinting at a playable Ridley; it's more likely Sakurai being unaware that this situation regarding Ridley is far from optimal. I am not a person who typically gives up on something, but let's face reality; Ridley probably isn't getting in and it's time that everyone realize this (especially people who think this helps Ridley or god forbid, confirms him like a few people on this thread). And I don't think he'll ever show up, even when Sakurai leaves (Ridley's fan base will most likely be too demoralize to fight on beyond this game).

15%

I'm being very generous here.

Want:
I've never had any particular attachment towards the character, but I'll admit, playing as a bloodthirsty purple space dragon would be really awesome. There is so much to work with. Plus I really do sympathize with Ridley fans; some of them like ChronoBound wanted Ridley in for thirteen years and this played a large role in my supporting him. He truly is one of the most deserving characters not yet playable in a Smash game. It's just a shame that he will probably never get in and this will likely go one as one of Sakurai's worst mistakes with SSB 3DS & Wii U (which to be fair, is probably a good sign, though for other aspects of the game). But if Ridley does show up as playable, I'll be really hyped for him.

95%

Palutena:

She's leaked by Salo, therefore she is in. Should anyone really be doubting this by now?

Want: 55%
Don't really care about her anymore, but she could be interesting, so...

More later.

Predictions:
King K. Rool: 78.16%
Now that the recency argument is dead, I expect him to be among the highest rated characters. Supporters will probably rate him too high, though, and will forget that he still has competition with Dixie Kong as well as the possibility Sakurai may not add more than fourteen newcomers.

Dixie Kong: 48.16%
She won't fair nearly as well as she did previously, but she'll put up a fair performance nonetheless. She's not as likely as before; two DK newcomers is looking a lot less likely, but she still isn't out of running yet and can still give K. Rool a good fight for the third DK spot, should the franchise get a newcomer.

Cranky Kong: 7.68%
Possible that we'll get him as a surprise, but I see him as a different case than Rosalina with Mario and Gekkouga from Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Palutena

Chance - 99.99% - Way too much teasing. Sakurai knows we know. Only reason is that there is a small chance of all of this being a clever sham, or developmental issues.

Want - 100% - My most wanted character, bar none. No one else will get a hundred out of me.

Ridley

Chance - 50% - Arg... I just don't know anymore! Just shoot the bullet already! That shadow could be a tease, but of what?! I don't know! Show him already!

Want - 99.99% - Second most wanted. Gimmie.

Predictions

K. Rool - 79.25% - He's shooting upwards.

Dixie Kong - 49.25% - Shooting downwards like a rock.

Cranky Kong - 11.15% - Um... Why?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Palutena

Chance - 99% - The Pseudo Palutena trophy tease and Pit's new Final Smash does seem to hint that she will be in the game.
Want - 100% - She is one my most wanted characters.

Ridley

Chance - 50% - I'm still scratching my head on this one after watching his shadow in the Direct.
Want 50 %

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom