• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Prediction: 65%

We'll get at least one new DK rep (surely) and Dixie is one of the prime candidates along with K Rool. And even if K Rool goes before her, we could still see 2 new reps, or maybe a Diddy and Dixie combo. So she's got a good chance.

Want: 50%

I'm pretty indifferent really.

Pac-Man: 71,15%

Nominations:
Uncle Scrooge x3
Phoenix Wright x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance - 45% - I could see her getting in, but I wouldn't bet on it. Shure, she meets the criteria for a "Nintendo star," but I'm not too sure what she could bring to the table as a playable character.

Want - 45% - Again, not too certain what she would bring as a playable, and K. Rool comes first. It's not a big deal, though.

EDIT: Forgot Some things.
Pac-Man Prediction - 57% - Yeah, just enough folks who think Namco's getting a rep to make it above 50%.

Nominations:
Lucario X3
Toon Link X2

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Chance: 40% - I believe King K. Rool is a more likely Donkey Kong rep, he also has much more fan support.
Want: 43% - I don't really care much for her.

I predict that Pac-Man will average 50%

Nominations: Chrom x1, Toad x1, Isa Jo x1, Professor Layton x1, and Miis x1.

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong ~ 90%

Now this is a bold stance, but I really do think she has this high of a chance to get in and is one of the most likely newcomers that isn't confirmed or part of the leak (Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii).

The first thing that helps her chance is Tropical Freeze. Now I'm not implying that because she make a recent appearance that it helps her chance (I don't believe recentness is a factor when deciding characters). Still, Tropical Freeze benefits her for a more important reason; because it restores her to prominence which she had been losing over the year.

What also benefits is her popularity. While she's nowhere near as demanded as King K. Rool, Dixie is still a highly requested character in Japan and she is also decently requested in the West as well.

But what helps her chance out the most is being a part of the Forbidden Seven. Sakurai has the tendency to bring back characters he planned from the previous game into the next game and SSB4 will prove to be no exception to that. Granted, I don't expect all of the Forbidden Seven to make it, but Dixie Kong along with Mewtwo and Roy do stand out from the rest considering what she has going for her. The Villager also shows that Sakurai does bring back previously rejected ideas, so why wouldn't Sakurai try to implement Dixie Kong into this game?

I firmly believe that a Donkey Kong newcomer is guarantee (or as close as feasibly possible) for this game. Chances are that Dixie Kong will get priority thought that not to say King K. Rool doesn't have a good shot.

Want ~ 75%

Not particularly interested in her from a game play standpoint, but my support of her comes more from really enjoying DKC2 on the GBA as a child. I'm a big fan of the Donkey Kong series and having both Dixie and King K. Rool in the same game would be perfect.

Pac-Man x5

Predicting a 61.53% for Pac-Man
FalKoopa said:
@SSBF
A question. I, Opposum and JohnKnight all predicted 50% for Shulk. So why were each of us given a different number of extra nominations?
The reason why is because Erimir predicted 50% first whereas Johnknight, you, Opossum and SupahLink all predicted 50% at a later time respecitvely, thus having nomination distributed like that. Basically, a first come, first served situation.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Dixie Kong
45.66%: She is appearing in Tropical Freeze so that will give a nice little boost. But when Sakurai is choosing another roster slot for the DK series I think he will go K Rool because K Rool is a villain and smash needs more villains. Plus K Rool has a bigger potential move set than Dixie.

Want: 10%
I don't really want her because I think K Rool would be a lot better to include. In addition to that IMO Dixie is just a female Diddy so with K Rool the DK series reps are more versatile.

PAC Man: 65.25%
Oh how I LOVE PAC man. He is amazing but I will get more into that tomorrow. Namco Bandai Games deserve a character of their own in the new smash. It could be one. It could be two. The best one to choose is PAC man. he is the most iconic video game character of all time tied with Mario!

Noms.
x3 Little Mac
x2 Takamaru

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ah Dixie Kong, the best example of a THIRD banana character in a series, but at this point is one that makes a lot of sense.

Likelihood: I'm going to give Dixie a solid 73% chance for now. Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, her role in Tropical Freeze does give her a bit of an advantage, as games in development at the same time have contributed characters to a Smash roster. This was exactly the case with Lucario, as Diamond and Pearl were in development around the same time as Brawl was, so TF can only help her chances. Add that to her decent popularity, and she's definitely got a pretty good chance at playability, although K.Rool ought to take priority over her.

Want: 40% K. Rool had better be in before her, but if any series deserves 4 characters, it's DK (and Fire Emblem, but that's for another day.)

Pac-Prediction: I'm thinking he's gonna score around a 45%. I personally think he's more likely than that, but the yellow pizza's always got a bunch of detractors right on his tail that'll keep his score on the lower end.

Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Dixie: 76%
I think she is slightly ever so more likely to get in than K.Rool so I'll rate her 1 point higher than my K.Rool prediction. She's a solid 3rd contender for the DK as a 3rd rep and already had decent popularity beforehand albeit less than K.Rools. Her new appearance in Tropical Freeze shows that rare are once again giving her more spotlight.

Want: 80% I'm cool with either K.Rool or Dixie and think she's a great character. Not my most wanted but still great. With any luck we might be seeing two DK reps being added this game.

Pac-man: 45%
While he is a good rep for Namco and pretty recognized it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. I still think it's unlikely that any 3rd party gets added when we don't even know if there will be more of them in the game and that Sakurai said Namco won't receive extra attention. Still, a decent amount of people will still think he's super likely.

2x Bowser Junior
2x Mewtwo
Takamaru

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Dixie

Likelihood: 55%
To me it'll either be her or K. Rool. However I see no reason to point out pros and cons as I have nothing new to add to the table that the repctable ladies and gents above me haven't already made clear.

Want: Bananas
who doesn't want to play as a monkey? And when are there ever too many monkeys? The answer to these questions can't be expressed in numbers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd say Dixie has about a 65% chance of being added. Still a popular character. But Sakurai might not see enough to warrant a character spot on her own.

Want: 70% - Still would like to see what can be done with this character. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pac-man prediction 55% - Some still want him in. But after what Sakurai said about Namco characters, he seems a bit more unlikely. Though at the very least guys like Jin, Loyd, and Siegfried won't act as competition for him.

I'm putting 5 more votes to Lil' Mac(I don't remember him being discussed just yet, so yeah.)

Edit: Did I just miss out? Oh Well then.

D

Deleted member

The Kong family. Already, Donkey Kong and his nephew Diddy Kong already had the distinction of being in a Super Smash Bros. game (and in DK's case, three) and Dixie was anticipating whenever or not she would obtain the same honor that she was in. Clearly, the community was on fire in regards to some. Many defended her due to her appearance in the upcoming Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze game for the Wii U and her Forbidden Seven data while her detractors scrutinize her due to similarities she shared with DK and Diddy.

The results were clearly... interesting. She scored decently in likelihood with a 58.04% with the breakdown being 57.38% on Smashboards and 59.25% on GameFAQs; however, likelihood did not contribute to everyone wanting her as people were split down the road when her want score came out at a 49.26%. 50.17% on Smashboards was even more middle ground but a 47.5% from GameFAQs was surprising considering they though of her chances as slightly better than Smashboards.

Dixie was confused. She didn't understand why she was here when she had far more important things to do. Fighting in Smash? Yeah she fought against the Kremling King a few times, but they needed to defend her homeland at that time and she would soon have to face off against the Vikings as well. Super Smash Bros. was clearly not on her agenda. Of course a Klaptrap was biting on her hair. When Dixie realize this, she demonstrated her capabilties with swinging her ponytails around rapidly and caused the Klaptrap to fly out of the stadium. It was time for her to go, but little did she know that she could very well be receiving an invitation to the next Smash Bros. game.

As she went, the twilight was dimming. People were preparing to pack their bags for the night and saying goodbye. Little did they know though that a certain man would be arriving soon. It couldn't be Mega Man, that song would never play on a Mega Man game. It had to be another man, one that was more iconic than the rest. Turns out this was no other than Pac-Man who was chasing ghosts. Somehow, these ghosts were committing crimes all over the world. When Pac-Man saw an opportunity to gobble them, he turned blue and ate them as they ran in fear. He then realized that he was due to be in Rate Their Chance and stood in the middle of the stadium.

The audience couldn't believe it; one of the most legendary gaming icon was standing in front of them.

Dixie Kong has received a likelihood 58.04% overall with a score of 57. 38% on Smashboards and 59.25% on GameFAQs. Want score is a 49.26% overall with a 50.17% on Smashboards and a 47.5% on GameFAQs.

Day 8 begins! Today, you will be rating Pac-Man's likelihood and how much you want Pac-Man along with predicting Toon Link's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal today. The day will end on on the evening of July 2nd, 2013.

Shortiecanbrawl, Opossum and Venus of the Desert Bloom from Smashboards are the winner of the prediction contest for Dixie Kong! They each earn five, four and three extra nominations respectively. Johnknight1, Crap-Zapper and SupahLink still have their extra nominations since they haven't used it yet.

If you are confused, here's the format to use to help you out:
Pac-Man: *Insert likelihood with possible reasoning*
*Insert want score*

Toon Link: *Insert prediction for Pac-Man's score tomorrow. Not the same as voting for likelihood*

Nominations: *insert five nominations*
I have already done put up the same explanation in the FAQs so this is the last time I will repeat this for now. Only when there are changes to the format (such as more nomination in general for special cases or when re-votes start to appear) will I bring this back.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pac-Man Chance: 90% With the same reason Namco Bandai is developing it, and maybe the 6 character rumor which came to be half true, that might really benefit Pac-Man being in the game.

Pac-Man Want: 80% I really supported him when it came to playing Championship DX, thats when I really had fun with a Pac-Man game.

Toon Link Prediction: I going to bet 60%, because theres going to be people pessimetic about him just because he appears in a stage.

Nominations:
x5 Little Mac

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pac Man time

Likelihood: 50%

Right in the middle. Sure, Namco's not getting special treatment because they're working on the game, but Pac Man can still get in from being a video game icon whose company just happens to be working on the game. He can definitely go toe to toe with Mega Man in that regard.

Want: 80%

I actually really like Pac Man as a character.

Predicting a 62% for Toon Link tomorrow, as there are bound to be detractors.

Nominating Ice Climbers x10

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Pac-Man: 25%. While a false rumor is rampant and didn't give any pay off. Plus the fact that Sakurai said Namco is NOT entitled a character. I do not see this happening
Want: 20% I honestly would rather many many other 3rd party characters if we got them. While Pac-Man is legendary and I don't mind him. I'd rather not see him in smash

Toon Link: I see 55% for Toony. He has his supporters and his naysayers

Nominations: Roy X3, Sonic X2

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So can I just jump in whenever?

Pac-Man
Likelihood: 60%
At this point he's probably the most likely Namco newcomer, which isn't really saying much honestly. Not that that will make me take Lloyd off my prediction roster.

Want: 10%
Would much rather we got Lloyd. However, if we did get him I wouldn't care much.

Nom-noms:
Roy x2
Bandana Dee x3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pac-Man:

Likelihood: 50% - It all depends on if that one rumor with the guy guessing the characters is true, which I feel is a 50/50 right now. If it isn't true, then I don't really feel that his chances are good. Yes, Namco Bandai is developing, but that doesn't mean that Sakurai sees Pac-Man as a needed character in a Nintendo All-Stars game, even if he's got easy access to him doesn't mean he wants him in, that's not how Sakurai works judging from what we've seen of his work thus far. It has also been commented that Namco doesn't want to force characters upon Sakurai. It surely doesn't help when Sakurai has commented on the need to narrow 3rd parties down and how he spoke of Mega Man as a special case either.

Want: 10% - He's among one of the few characters I actually DON'T want in the game, it's a rare case, but I don't feel that he fits in, I don't see the moveset potential, I don't feel that the character design is very appealing, and he's way past his prime. I'm not trying to start an argument, people are entitled to liking him, I'm not trying to convince anyone, and I don't want to convince anyone, the more likers the merrier, right? However, I don't see Pac-Man as a character who is either worthy or would make a fun addition to the game. Even then he's not a bottom-scrapper.

Toon Link Prediction: 55%

No Nominations.

D

Deleted member

@shinpichu: That's correct, feel free to jump in when you wish.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Pac-Man: 40% Chance. While he is indeed one of the most well known video game icons in history, his golden age is long before him as he's only a shadow of his former self. We have indeed seen in three spin-off Mario Kart games so he has in fact mingled with the Mario cast before.

Want: 1%. I have no interest in playing this character at the moment, however, if he is well integrated into Smash then I eventually will come to appreciate his character much like I did with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Also I would much rather have Lloyd any day of the week.

Toon Link: 73%

Nominations:
Takamaru x3
Lyndis x2

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Pacman

Likelihood: 50% - The rumor that lists him as character was half correct and namco is helping develop the game so of course they will get a character, and their most iconic character is pacman.

Want: 20% - He's iconic so it would be cool but I honestly dont care.

Toon Link Prediction - 30%

Nominate Krystal x5

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man ~ 100%

This should in all honestly be a 5%. If the leak were to be false, this is the exact score I would give him and for quite a few reasons.

However, this leak is and will be proven to everyone to be fully legitimate. There's nothing indicating that this leak is false and this is the same leak that confirmed Wii Fit Trainer. You don't leak Wii Fit Trainer and lie about Pac-Man, Mii and Little Mac, you just don't.

So yeah, it's really just because of the leak, but it's good enough to justify a perfect score.

Want ~ 25%

Ask me back a month ago and this would have a flat out zero. I find him to be a very boring and uninteresting character and I really don't want to see a boring and uninteresting third-party make their way into the roster, super iconic status be damned. I also feel as the best way to handle three third-parties is to add Mega Man (confirmed) and bring back Snake and Sonic. However, given that Pac-Man is basically confirmed to be in and that Sakurai has made Wii Fit Trainer into a very entertaining character, I am going to give Pac-Man the benefit of a doubt here and see if Sakurai can take a character who I think is boring as all get about into someone entertaining. If he can give an amazing turnout to Pac-Man, I will truly commend Sakurai but if Pac-Man ends up being bland, then Sakurai better be prepared for a lot of justified scrutiny, especially from me.

Predicting that Toon Link gets a 41.93%. He will likely end up as the lowest rated Brawl veteran.

Also x5 Mii.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pac Man

Chance: I've always liked his chances ever since Namco were announced as co-developers.
So many reason why he has a great chance on his own including: Namco connection, he was included last time Nintendo and Namco co-developed a game (Mario Kart GP), second greatest brand awareness for a video game character in the world only after Mario (therefore popular with casuals), none of the legal issues to attain his rights.
Then on top of that, there was the leaker who seemed to have legitimate inside info and indicated Pac Man was in the game (Those who say the leakers info has been proven to be a hoax are in denial).
To put a number on it: 95%

Want: Would love to see the greatest icon of retro gaming history in SSB. 85%

Nomnominations:
Mii x 5

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Pac-Man~ 75%
Namco+Leak bumps up this rotund ravager quite a bit.

Want~ 20%
His historical significance cannot be denied, but neither can his blandness. The team could probably come up with a moveset for him but I personally can't. As others have said, I would prefer Lloyd or even a Soul Calibur character.

Toon-Link~ 80%
Although I was against him at first, a second Link has become a Smash staple it seems. However, with more games to draw from, I could see him getting unique moves. I don't think the stage affects him, and I think another character (Alfonzo) could replace him if he joins the battle.

Nominate: Hector x5

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Pac-man chances: 30% I really don't know what to make of the rumor. That said Pacman is a well known character for sure and he fits in wel with the Nintendo cast. I have doubts about his popularity for smash, and I feel like a good chunk of his detractors really don't want to see him in. Popularity definitely isn't the only thing that matters, but I'm sure Sakurai takes it into account. And honestly with any third party character you really need to take the likelihood you would otherwise give them and divide it by half or more.

Want: 5%. Pac man really doesn't seem like that interesting of a character to me. I'm inclined to believe the only reason he has survived as long as he has is because of how insanely popular he once was. I've had the misfortune of buying a pacman game or two since he became that 3D orb thing, and I haven't been impressed. The only reason this isn't 0% is because I do kinda want to have a fight between him, Mario, Sonic, and Megaman. Regardless I'm sure Sakurai could make it work, I just don't think he could ever become my favorite character.

Toon Link: I give him an even 50%. There will be those giving him 0's because of the spirit tracks stage, and those giving him 100's to counterbalance those 0's because Toon Link has more or less existed since Melee.

Nominations:
Krystal x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Pac-Man: 30%
All third parties have a pretty bad chance of being in for the simple fact that they are 3rd party. We know that Sakurai wants to limit the number of third party characters and we know that he said Namco won't be getting special attention. For all we know, Megaman could be the only one that we are getting this game. Still, he is decently requested and the idea has been brought up to him in that interview. There is the added fact that he is a gaming icon as well.

Want: 25%
Meh. Not really an interesting character.

Nominations:
5x Mewtwo

predicting: 60% Toon Link

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pac-Man - 40%
Want - 50%
+ Very Iconic Character
+ Namco Bandai is in direct daily contact with Sakurai
- Is still a 3rd party character
- The Tekken and Tales Of series have also had mentions
- Nintendo characters/Mega Man are in a different league of popularity
*** Possible leak

Pretty high for a 3rd party character IMO. Personally I don't care if he gets in or not, will probably gain support once he's seen in action, could always do worse anyway.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Yay PAC man!
85%
I have a few things to say about PAC man. First off is that Namco Bandai is working on smash also and should have characters in smash. However, Sakurai said he isn't giving favoritism to Namco Bandai for helping out with the game. Even if Sakurai isn't giving favoritism towards Namco I still think Sakurai will choose at least one Namco character and choosing this Sakurai should choose the most iconic. PAC Man. In my opinion, PAC Man is tied to be the most iconic video game character ever along with Mario. Pac man and Mario are the first video game characters ever. Well at least memorable characters. The only bad thing that makes me wonder if he will make it or not is Namco characters. meaning, we still don't know if there will be a character from Namco and if there is it isn't certain that it will be PAC man. But I don't think it is the obvious choice when choosing a Namco character.

Want 100%
Yes!!!!! This is my most wanted Newcomer for smash 4. I have always loved PAC man adventures on PC. He has always been a cheerful character. I always thought it was funny the first time I saw a whole body of him because it was usually the yellow circle that I was used to. If Pac man is in smash I will definitely main him!

Toon Link prediction: 45%

Noms
Mii x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
@SSBF
how long will this thread go for?
Until all Noms are done?

D

Deleted member

Yes, that bullcrap guess will really prove this to be legitimate, despite there more contradictory statements then supporting ones.

I bet you also believe in the Nacmo employee rumor and the Tharja rumor too.
What contradictory statements exist? And before you pull out the "Namco doesn't have special priority" article, that article did not state that a Namco rep wasn't planned but that they wouldn't get special priority. That only means we won't get a ton of Namco characters.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Doesn't particularly affect my rating, but did you know there's a brand new Pac-Man TV show that premiered last month? Amazing how important the character still is.

Pac-Man - 85%
Feels bizarre to say it, but Pac-Man is one of the most likely newcomers for SSB4. Even ignoring the rumor (which I'm admittedly a believer of), he fits the profile of a third party inclusion perfectly: classic video game icon, has a long history of being on Nintendo platforms, and he's even starred alongside Mario in the Mario Kart arcade games. Add in the simple fact that Namco is involved in making SSB4 and it would insane for Pac-Man to have not at least been considered, and I can't see Namco saying no to his inclusion. To be honest, it would be more surprising if he didn't make it in than if he did.
Want - 75% - No, his moveset potential isn't very exciting. What is exciting is that he's Pac-Man! At its core Smash Bros is all about gaming icons fighting for supremacy, and Pac's practically the definition of a gaming icon. To that end, heck yes I want him in Smash!

EDIT - Forgot to mention the "Namco won't receive special consideration" quote. Personally, I think this is just Sakurai's way of saying the roster isn't going to be inflated with Namco characters, so don't expect characters from Tekken, Tales, etc. Pac-Man on the other hand is on a totally different level of importance and could easily garner consideration even if Namco wasn't involved, so the quote shouldn't really affect his chances.

Toon Link Prediction - 47.3%
A frustrating number of people here seem to think the Spirit Tracks stage has confirmed he's out. I'm sure GameFAQs is no different. Will easily end up with the worst rating of any Brawl veteran, though I like to think his veteran status will help keep his rating out of the gutter. (Also, yay, TL's the first veteran to get rated. Go team!)

Nominations
Lucina x5

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What contradictory statements exist?
Well there is the statement of Namco characters not getting any special priority, the statement of there not going to be a lot of third party characters, the statements that suggests more interest in a Tekken or Tales character, and not to mention that Pac-man did not show up at E3, with only the hilariously tacked on jail free card that rumors commonly do as a fail-safe against the inevitable debunking keeping the crap afloat. Not to mention Pac-man is no where near as popular or praised as Sonic or Mega Man, and with third party characters that actually means a lot more then normal.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pac-Man 100% He's confirmed IMO.

Want: 20%

Toon Link will get 84%

x4 Krystal
x1 Tharja

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ooooh boy

Pac-Man: 5%
- The leak was false.
- Namco isn't a big major third party developer for Nintendo, and is miles behind Konami, Sega, Capcom and Square.
- Was not a popular choice at all until the news that Namco was working on the game.

Want: 0%
Didn't like any of the games, and I don't want him near my smash bros.

Predicting 64% for Toon Link

Nomz: 5x Mewtwo

D

Deleted member

Shortie, you only get five nominations, just wanted to remind you of that.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Pac-Man
Prediction: 43% - He's a very iconic video game character and is owned by a company that is helping to make SSB4. Had I been asked before E3, I would have said that he was the most likely Third-party newcomer. I started doubting his chances when Megaman was confirmed because there is only so much space for third-parties. I am not convinced that the leak is legimate, the person who posted the "leak" never claimed it was a leak. The belief that the post was even supposed to be a leak is simply an interpretation made by fans after E3 giving how such an impossible guess turned out to be true.
Want: 56%

Toon Link prediction: 84%

Nominations: Chrom x1, Toad x1, Isa Jo x1, Professor Layton x1, and Miis x1.

Groose

Smash Champion
Pac-Man's Chances: 95%
Pac-Man is mentioned in the "leak"---a fact that certainly doesn't hurt his chances. The Namco-Nintendo partnership will not flood the roster with Namco characters; even so, it means that the two companies are in a cordial relationship and that a Namco character would (probably) be approved if Sakurai requested one. According to that E3 IGN interview, Sakurai knows that people think Pac-Man would be a good/logical candidate. Finally, Pac-Man is ICONIC. I mean, he's probably the MOST famous video game character of all time, ahead of even Mario.

Pac-Man Want: 100%
I've said it before and I'll say it once more: Mario vs Sonic vs Mega Man vs Pac-Man would be the greatest fight in the history of gaming. With two of them confirmed and another (Sonic) highly probable, we just need the Pac. Pac-Man may not have the greatest moveset, but he's just so iconic.

Toon Link Prediction: 25%
So many people will pull out the relevancy and stage hazard arguments, it won't even be funny.

Tingle x5! Kooloo-Limpah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom