• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The best custom amiibo based on the best amiibo?

IT'S AWESOME.

(Well, bald Zelda is really weird).
A custom Medusa Amiibo is in the works?

That ought to get us more supporters if the fans on Tumblr take a look at this. I like how the process looks so far and he is right about it being ****ing hard from the beginning.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A custom Medusa Amiibo is in the works?

That ought to get us more supporters if the fans on Tumblr take a look at this. I like how the process looks so far and he is right about it being ****ing hard from the beginning.
Edit: Misreaded your post. But not only it's in the works, but completed!

Also, I found this fanart, with a character from the manga Parasyte (Kiseijuu).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Edit: Misreaded your post. But not only it's in the works, but completed!

Also, I found this fanart, with a character from the manga Parasyte (Kiseijuu).
10/10 Would ship.

This is actually one of the more adorable pieces that depict Medusa as trying to be nonchalant about the things around her. Seen the anime myself and those two match each other to a T.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
10/10 Would ship.

This is actually one of the more adorable pieces that depict Medusa as trying to be nonchalant about the things around her. Seen the anime myself and those two match each other to a T.
I have yet to watch this anime (and I'm planning to), but I guess she have a parasyte, monster or whatever it is in her hair? (kinda like Filia from Skullgirls)

Anyway, Medusa in winter clothes is really something unusual to see.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
I'm in a minority when I say both Palutena is my favorite new character and Kid Icarus Uprising is my favorite game (apart from Smash), and Palutena was my most hype character after Chrom :sadeyes:. I want to see an evil rival to Palutena to complete my "bad guy" triumvirate alongside Ganon and Mewtwo.

Here are some more reasons you should list in OP:
1. Medusa is iconic to Kid Icarus. More than Palutena, to be honest. Ask a Brawl era Smasher for a Kid Icarus character other than Pit, and he or she would probably name Medusa.
2. WE NEED MORE VILLAINS IN SMASH!

I would add that Medusa is more likely than Hades because Sakurai is beneath spoiling that awesome game by adding Hades, but #Sheik and #Lucina.
*hint, hint, Sakurai, if you really want to pass off Kid Icarus like you've been hinting at, I think other developers might find a powerful villain a high selling point*

Unlike Ridley, the point of Medusa is not her size, just her god-like strength. And real motivation

Another argument is that Kid Icarus would have far too many representatives, especially given that it only has three games. My only real argument to that is that Kid Icarus is an underdeveloped series which deserves more love from Nintendo, which is, what I believe, is what Sakurai was trying to convey in his "Sakurai bias". KI haters are going to hate, but I vote Medusa.

1. Medusa is iconic to Kid Icarus. More than Palutena, to be honest. Ask a Brawl era Smasher for a Kid Icarus character other than Pit, and he or she would probably name Medusa.

Unlike Ridley, the point of Medusa is not her size, just her god-like strength. And real motivation

Another argument is that Kid Icarus would have far too many representatives, especially given that it only has three games. My only real argument to that is that Kid Icarus is an underdeveloped series which deserves more love from Nintendo, which is, what I believe, is what Sakurai was trying to convey in his "Sakurai bias". KI haters are going to hate, but I vote Medusa.
Ridleys'spoint isnt size though. Hez usually one of the smaller bosses. Size is kraid's thing. . .

As for spoilers hades is a trophy on the 3ds version if i recall and not to mention all the xenoblade spoilers. . .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm in a minority when I say both Palutena is my favorite new character and Kid Icarus Uprising is my favorite game (apart from Smash), and Palutena was my most hype character after Chrom :sadeyes:. I want to see an evil rival to Palutena to complete my "bad guy" triumvirate alongside Ganon and Mewtwo.

I would add that Medusa is more likely than Hades because Sakurai is beneath spoiling that awesome game by adding Hades, but #Sheik and #Lucina.
*hint, hint, Sakurai, if you really want to pass off Kid Icarus like you've been hinting at, I think other developers might find a powerful villain a high selling point*

If it makes you or any other supporter feel better, more people are starting to have Medusa in their "would be" Smash 5 rosters despite her odds (This is more evident in the very last page). Maybe they realize that her being the real villain of the original game sets her in a higher position than the others.

http://smashboards.com/threads/if-you-were-in-charge-of-roster-picking-for-an-upcoming-smash.381544/

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
If it makes you or any other supporter feel better, more people are starting to have Medusa in their "would be" Smash 5 rosters despite her odds (This is more evident in the very last page). Maybe they realize that her being the real villain of the original game sets her in a higher position than the others.
I think it's too early to think about Smash 5, to be honest. Smash 4 is still relevant and with more characters on the way, not stopping new character production until at least October. Perhaps Kid Icarus as a franchise will have more time to develop until then, but Smash 4 is still young and running.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
People love to think about the future games!

After all, DLCs and Smash 5 characters have a somewhat different thought process. I'd say it's really hard to predict Smash 5 as it's really far away.

Medusa

Smash Rookie
Clearly Sakurai failed when he attempted to sell me as a trading card, but now he should have learned that people really want an amiibo!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hearts? No, what would I do with 300,000 hearts? Maybe 300,000 souls.
That would be even better. Time to to go strike a deal with Hades to get these souls, I've got something he might like in the form of Pandora's Claws. :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Definitely souls intead of hearts.
This custom amiibo really looks awesome, btw. And it's based on Zelda :awesome:

About the AR card, this Medusa (rare) card still makes me believe that Medusa is seen as important as Palutena in the KI universe by Sakurai.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
About the AR card, this Medusa (rare) card still makes me believe that Medusa is seen as important as Palutena in the KI universe by Sakurai.
I hope this really is the case since we all can agree that she was Chrom'd in the end by Hades. Even thought Hades was arguably the best thing about the game.

Hades! Pit! Hades! Pit! Hadeeeees! Achooooo!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Best thing about Uprising is this. Fact :troll:

I really like Hades, but I think that the "Hades! Pit!" thing is a bit overhyped. Just my opinion, but this scenes really don't have anything particular for me...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Want to know something surprising? My girlfriend honestly hates Hades for stealing Medusa's role and his annoying personality.

I can't really of blame her since she was very excited about the idea of Medusa being the main villain again like the good old days and didn't like what she saw in the Japanese spoilers beforehand. Then I've told her to look at the bright side and that Medusa at least had plenty of promotion (even the anime) before the game's launch.

But her reaction to Medusa deconfirmed as a trophy and Dark Pit being leaked? The salt was real and I've thought it was best to avoid taking to her for a day. :laugh:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I was kinda mad at Medusa as a trophy and Dark Pit, but I quickly changed my mind seeing him only a clone, planned as a costume (I was actually for Dark Pit as a costume).

About Hades... This character is really hit or miss IMO. I'd be honest to say that it's better to have several antagonists (Medusa, Viridi, the Aurum, the Chaos Kin and Finally Medusa) instead of just focusing on Medusa. And that the plot is also nice. And the final Medusa appearance is also nice :awesome:
If it was Medusa only, it would have been cool, but probably less interesting.
Now, Medusa isn't the most talkative, but her arc takes more than 1/3 of the game. 8 chapters, as there's the Dark Pit one that is quite unrelated to Medusa. Although she does talk in this one. Then, every other Antagonist takes 4 chapters.

As you said, she still had plenty of promotion, including the anime short. Probably one of the most intersting thing is her appearing on the "Kid Icarus Float". Just the artwork, on the back. But it's bigger than Palutena and Pit's artwork! :awesome:

She is also on par with Pit and Palutena on the reversible cover of the 3DS box.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Remember friends, there is still hope. Remember, Mewtwo and Lucas were also just trophies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm pretty my girlfriend knew about that soon as he was unofficially announced at the 50 Fact Extravaganza. She's currently doing her underground work for recruiting more supports as we speak while also telling her friends to cast a vote.

So I take it that she's planning on doing what I've been doing but on a more epic scale since she's been wanting to do some things with Cool Text and what not. While she may have zero interest in DeviantArt, she's definitely planning on posting a few things in Imgur to spread the word. Pretty much shows how far she's willing to go just to have her favorite NES villain in the game.

Sigh, if only today's fishing trip wasn't called off because I was so excited to go and make a fish fry for her family.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, trophies are definitely not saying "no you can't fight". Assist trophies on the other hand... (and I still believe that some can be promoted via DLC).

More importantly, Mewtwo and Lucas' trophies weren't their fighter models. It was Brawl Lucas for example. So we can't say "they were planned, look at their trophies!".

Now, with the incoming DLC, what do you think of the pace of them? I mean, we got 3 characters in 2 months. I know that 2 of them are semi-clones veterans, but still. Roy had some rework. And Ryu is definitely a more complex character than just porting Hadokens and Shoryuken.

That's 4 characters before the ballot. That's already huge! I won't believe in 20 ballot characters, for sure, and those pre-ballot characters are maybe scrapped characters.

But to me, this announce a huge amount of content. And that's a good thing. I think that Sakurai can allow himself to add a KI character if he can add a lot of characters.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
So this might be our chance to push forward more towards a post E3 Campaign on why Medusa should be in Smash, whether it's Smash 4 DLC or future installments.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Regarding Assist Trophies, also remember that Mac was an AT in Brawl, and has since been promoted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So this might be our chance to push forward more towards a post E3 Campaign on why Medusa should be in Smash, whether it's Smash 4 DLC or future installments.
There's still the Hades fans to worry about since they are as noisy as ever. For every Smash and Kid Icarus video I go, you are bound to see people wanting to see him in Smash.

Whatever campaign we plan, it has to be big. Even if it's the point of flaunting her very pale sideboob.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
"We didn't get Androsss, we got Wolf." (retort to "Hades is the bigger badder")
"We didn't get Ghirahim, we got Ganon." (referring to fan-favorite one-time vs series mainstay)
"Hades power mixed with his stature is likely to make him feel awkward and stiff, like how Zeus was in PlayStation All-Stars, which would completely contradict his character. As Medusa is on nearly equal footing with Palutena, we can easily see how her moveset could work." (are we allowed to mention PSAS:BR at all?)

And for the Viridi fans: "??? She never even appeared in game! What do you base her moveset on? (I guess Alfonzo would just have to replace her in the Reset Bomb Forest stage)"

Disclaimer: I do like Viridi and Hades as characters, but I feel like Medusa is clearly a better choice for Smash, as she is far more iconic and Hades in particular seems "too" big and bad. I feel like the analogy to Andross and Wolf especially is very close here.

Completely off topic; what would you think if there was an alternate form of Palutena's Temple that makes it akin to Fallen Skyworld, where the Chaos Kin appears as an occasional boss?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We can mention PASBR. It may be bad (I really hate the kill system), but it's still a crossover fighting game :p

I also like Viridi and Hades, and I would gladly play them if they happens to be playable one day.

But as you say, Viridi lacks actual moveset potential, besides plants and all (but if I had to give her a moveset, I would let her command various troops), and Hades seems better big to me. Although I think that it's not that awkward to reduce him, human size.

Medusa, on the other hand, is mainstay (well... 2 of 3 games, the GBA seemingly not acknowledged in Uprising), technically equal to Palutena (and tied to Palutena and Pit, whereas Hades is just "destruction"), and she also have an obvious unique mechanic: turning people into stones. It may be never seen in game, but it's mentionned.

About Fallen Skyworld... It's a nice idea, but I would take the underworld instead (with Hades as a boss, and quotes against every fighters :awesome:)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've just got a terrible and random idea after watching a Troll in Central Zoark this morning: Gnorga and Medusa should turn the entire world to stone if they teamed up one day.

And I'm guessing most of you are gagging at the idea I've such a horrible movie. :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It should be Gnorga and Classic Medusa then :troll:

I didn't knew about that movie before... And I don't really want to know more about it :p

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Another unintentional reference to PSASBR (underworld stage)? But Hades having different taunting quotes for every character like Resetti except also being the God of Death and destruction would be amazing. A special dialogue when Pit does his Final Smash where Pit finally explains how he got the Three Sacred Treasures back would also be appreciated.

In regards to Of Myths and Monsters, a) it's an original Game Boy game and b) it originally was only released in the West, not being released in Japan until only a few weeks before Uprising was released, via Virtual Console, meaning most if not all the developers of Uprising had not played or even heard of Of Myths and Monsters. Thus, many fans don't even consider the game canon. The only reference we get to it in Uprising is mention Pit's previous "adventures".

Mars-

Smash Champion
That amiibo is amazing. After image searching on google, it appears the person who made it may be giving it away so you guys should try your luck.

Also we should tweet the image to sakurai. If we got a retweet it could only mean good things.

NNID
Majorasmask66
There's still the Hades fans to worry about since they are as noisy as ever. For every Smash and Kid Icarus video I go, you are bound to see people wanting to see him in Smash.

Whatever campaign we plan, it has to be big. Even if it's the point of flaunting her very pale sideboob.
Hello there (:

Top Bottom