• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't understand Sakurai's logic with clones. I've been over this before but i'm gonna say it again. Characters are supposed to add merit to the roster. If they don't then they are worthless. People have said it's like getting a free dessert with these characters but it's more like if you made 50 dollars extra from your job but the 50 dollars is monopoly money. Why not make all Koopalings playable or Wire Frame and Hoodie Mac? They are extra after all. Would you rather have those characters or nothing? A roster with 100 characters that plays nearly exactly the same is far worse than a roster with 8 very unique characters. I'd rather just have those clones be costumes instead to add more customization for the characters they are costumes for. And time spent balancing could be spent on something like a new item. Now I no a new item isnt much but it still arguably adds more than a over glorified costume. Also, they can ruin the chances of future more unique dlc characters. Want Hades, Medusa, Viridi, or Hades? Well too bad you get Dark Pit instead. Not saying these characters would get in wether or not Dark Pit is in, but he does hurt the chances of more important and unique fighters. And this goes for Mario and Fire Emblem as well.
What we must retain from Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr Mario is that they were planned as costume. Now, they had some time to make them with few differences. It's more fanservice than "adding something worth to the roster" in this case.

This allows Dark Pit and Lucina to have their own personality and taunts, and Dr Mario is a nice throwback to Melee. I take this "costumes" over Alph without a doubt. Alph have his own personality too, but it "doesn't make sense" to change the stats of the Pikmins.

Dr Mario aside, costumes aren't that interesting (well, classic Wario with a classic Wario moveset would be), and you can't choose one Koopaling over another.

So the choices of :4drmario::4darkpit:and :4lucina: are logical over characters such as :4alph::4morton:or :4villagerf:.

Remember that Dark Pit was planned anyway. He just went from a costume to a playable clone. I guess the change was made between Palutena's and Daraen's trailer, considering how Dark Pit and Lucina are presented. He never took another KI spot, and I'm pretty sure that Sakurai think like this.

Wofye

Smash Rookie
Yesss please.
She would be the very first female villain in the series. (Although there are female villains in Fire Emblem, but I don't believe we need any more).
I don't think she should have been thrown to the side like she was in uprising.

I decided to make up a moveset for her as well because I'm all for this.
Grabs
Grab
- Medusa has a long range grab (comparable to Samus', with similar ending lag): Medusa grabs and holds them in place with her snake hair
Pummel - Her snakes bite with each pummel
Up Throw - She balances you on the tip of her staff and skewers them then launches them upward.
Forward throw - She simply throws her opponent forward.
Back Throw - She dark warps behind the player and claws them launching them away.
Down throw - She forces her gaze into the target and turns them to stone and lets them go (Extremely easy to break out of unless 150+ %)
A Moves
Jab - Medusa claws at the target (Multihit) and launches them away.
Up tilt - Medusa skewers anything above her with her staff (small hitbox).
Side tilt - Medusa swipes a downward motion in front of her, meteoring the opponent (Similar to peach's down tilt).
Down tilt - Snakes come out from under her dress and snap forward.
Smash moves
Up smash - She lunges her staff upward and a small explosion of dark energy explodes after a one second windbox that pulls you in.
Side smash - She uses her staff to skewer whats in front of her followed by a dark explosion at the tip of it.
Down smash - She twirls around damaging and pulling enemies in a multihit move.
Aerials
Nair - She discharges a quick pulse of dark energy surrounding her, sending away opponents
Uair - Snakes extend and bite upwards
Fair - Swipes her claws forward
Bair - Swipes her claws backward
Dair - Skewers anything bellow (Does not meteor)
Zair - Snakes extend from her sleeve and bite.
B moves
Neutral special
- (Chargeable, can be aimed), she fires a beam from her eyes that petrifies opponents and turns then to stone (Makes their fall speed like they had metal box), easy to break out of, gets harder at 100%, essentially a guaranteed meteor at 170%.
Up Special - Dark warp (For lack of better option sadly) can attack out of it like meta knights cape.
Side special - She summons a boulder and sends it rolling across the ground (slightly smaller than a barrel)
Down special - She summons a mine in front of her that homes in on nearest opponent (Extremely slow, lasts 4 seconds or until another is created)
Final Smash - She turns into monstrous Medusa head and does things.
Miscellaneous
Up taunt - (She rests her hand on her hip and points with her scaly hand) " Let's see what you look like under your skin."
Side taunt - (She opens her palm then clenches it into a fist) "I will clip you from this world"
Down taunt - (She sardonically snickers while moving her hand in front of her mouth)
Entrance - She appears as a black blob on the ground, shapes into her pre-transformation state as she gets up and summons her staff as she turns into her post-transformed state.
Standing animations - She looks at her nails.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I'm personally all for Medusa. I think we just need to spread a little. Try to attract the attention of others. As it stands she is in the middle ground of standing a chance.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I just hope that if she does get in, then she is a trap character. I've said that already but i'll keep saying it. It would be great.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think we should identify the biggest problem Medusa has: She's a KI character.
Most people don't want another KI character since the series has so much representation in Smash Bros. already.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think we should identify the biggest problem Medusa has: She's a KI character.
Most people don't want another KI character since the series has so much representation in Smash Bros. already.
It's indeed a problem for every possible new KI content. But if there's demand for various KI characters, maybe we can get one.

I just hope that if she does get in, then she is a trap character. I've said that already but i'll keep saying it. It would be great.
I also think that she must be a trap character.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Maybe we can combat the complaint for more KI characters by making more KI games. I've said this before, but since Sakurai says he's dropped KI, I think maybe the Zelda or Star Fox team should pick it up. I've also said plenty of times that the reason for over-representation of KI in Smash is not just Sakurai being self-biased, but it's to "sell" the series to another developer. He single-handedly brought the series from the dead and re-designed it. He genuinely likes it and doesn't want it to die again. But I also believe that he got caught up with Smash gen after gen, and doesn't want that kind of responsibility over Kid Icarus, so he's announced he's dropping it himself but he's also stated openly that he hopes someone else takes over. Then again, if no one else does grab it, history shows Sakurai may take it back instead.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I hope Kid Icarus keeps reinventing itself and keeps merging genres.
The first Kid Icarus was a blend of Plattformer, with adventure design and a Shooter element.
The second game was, well, the same.
The third game was a Rail Shooter mixed with Beat'em Up.
I hope the fourth Installment will throw in Action Adventure with Puzzle Elements.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope Kid Icarus keeps reinventing itself and keeps merging genres.
The first Kid Icarus was a blend of Plattformer, with adventure design and a Shooter element.
The second game was, well, the same.
The third game was a Rail Shooter mixed with Beat'em Up.
I hope the fourth Installment will throw in Action Adventure with Puzzle Elements.
Actually, the fourth options wouldn't be that bad of a way for the franchise to expand itself. Having a bit more puzzles and boss fights that focus on exploiting their weaknesses would add more to the Kid Icarus formula from a gameplay standpoint. Reinventing the formula would be a great way to keep the series alive since while Uprising's gameplay was fun, it was a bit of a mixed bag due to the controls (especially for lefties).

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Actually, the fourth options wouldn't be that bad of a way for the franchise to expand itself. Having a bit more puzzles and boss fights that focus on exploiting their weaknesses would add more to the Kid Icarus formula from a gameplay standpoint. Reinventing the formula would be a great way to keep the series alive since while Uprising's gameplay was fun, it was a bit of a mixed bag due to the controls (especially for lefties).
I'd love to revist the game on the new 3ds. Do you know if theres an option to replace the stylus for the second stick. Thinking about it now, Uprisisng would have made for a great new 3ds exclusive. Of course it wouldnt have sold as it it did

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A little bump will not hurt.

Remember, the ballot end soon!

Also, what do you think about the state of the Kid Icarus serie in Smash with the Viridi costume?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A little bump will not hurt.

Remember, the ballot end soon!

Also, what do you think about the state of the Kid Icarus serie in Smash with the Viridi costume?
With that new costume, it's safe to say that we can expect more Kid Icarus thanks to Sakurai bias. And if he were to think about a KI newcomer, it better not be Not Cloud because he was easily the most boring character in the game.

Troykv

Smash Master
With that new costume, it's safe to say that we can expect more Kid Icarus thanks to Sakurai bias. And if he were to think about a KI newcomer, it better not be Not Cloud because he was easily the most boring character in the game.
And has a generic looking with a filled role owo

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Aw, I don't hate Magnus that much, I actually kind of wish his fighting style was an option used in Uprising online as opposed only to the Army of Light/Dark/Pit Clones. And he'd be easy to make as an assist trophy.

I'd still rather Medusa, Hades, Phosphora, Auron (I might be mis-remembering his name), or Pyrhon though.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We can be sure that it's not "forgotten". How could Sakurai forget it anyway? :awesome:

Magnus seems definitely aside with his assist trophy role. In Kid Icarus, he already had less attacks than Pit, and still. He is a human in a world with gods, there's definitely less potential in him.

And he'd be easy to make as an assist trophy.
Isn't he already an assist?

Again, Magnus is cool, but in Kid Icarus. I actually like his design. And I'm glad to see him as an assist. ONLY as an assist :troll:

That moment when both Medusa and Hades are in the Top 15 of BluePikmin's poll. See the results at the bottom and prepare to be as hard as stone. :smirk:

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/02/final-vote-reminder/
That is a gorgeous result so far!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
We can be sure that it's not "forgotten". How could Sakurai forget it anyway? :awesome:

Magnus seems definitely aside with his assist trophy role. In Kid Icarus, he already had less attacks than Pit, and still. He is a human in a world with gods, there's definitely less potential in him.

Isn't he already an assist?

Again, Magnus is cool, but in Kid Icarus. I actually like his design. And I'm glad to see him as an assist. ONLY as an assist :troll:

That is a gorgeous result so far!
I meant that if they were making him playable he would be easier to create, as he already is an assist trophy that moves like a playable character, has a full model with a double jump and many animations complete, has a number of basic attacks, and already defined gravity and physics. As stated, not who I'd prefer out of the franchise at all, but if we got him because I imagine it would take so much less development time, I wouldn't exactly be annoyed or even view it as removing the chances for a different more complete character from Uprising, ideally Medusa.

And frankly if they were using assist trophies with a lot of already existing attacks and animation so the character could be complete faster, I'd rather Saki. Sin and Punishment is an underrated two games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic I'll invite you to the new group so that you can remake this one before it closes soon. At least the good thing is that it can be s but more active with more new users crawling around there.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Damn, I should have known that a Medusa thread already existed and it would have been nice to be on that support list. But too bad that this has to be sent to the darkest depths of the Underworld by the end of the week. :urg:

I support Medusa and I would like to be on the support list of your new thread whenever you get around to it
Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic .

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't expect Medusa to become a DLC character, or any KI character for that matter. Therefore I am really hoping for at least Mii Costumes of both Hades & Medusa...

Looking forward to the new thread.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So wait why is this thread ending? What other threads are ending?
All of them are going to be ending soon because of the lack of news and how many places had been becoming an all out war over X character is more deserving. The full thread above what used to be the DLC Character Discussion thread should explain everything.

I'm assuming that sure already invited you to the group and
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 should think about moving his Hades thread there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So wait why is this thread ending? What other threads are ending?
If BluePikmin doesn't feel like making the new thread for Hades, you can feel free to do so with a new OP or use the old one while giving him the credit. Chances are that he'll fanboy over Yo-Kai Watch for the week instead of caring for his other threads.

All of them are going to be ending soon because of the lack of news and how many places had been becoming an all out war over X character is more deserving. The full thread above what used to be the DLC Character Discussion thread should explain everything.

I'm assuming that sure already invited you to the group and
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 should think about moving his Hades thread there.
He was already a member there since July.

NNID
Majorasmask66
If BluePikmin doesn't feel like making the new thread for Hades, you can feel free to do so with a new OP or use the old one while giving him the credit. Chances are that he'll fanboy over Yo-Kai Watch for the week instead of caring for his other threads.
I already talked to him earlier and am working on it as we speak (:

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nice. I'll start inviting the Medusa supporters there in case any of them are interested in making the new Medusa thread. I have a feeling that we won't be seeing E&H at all this week.
In fact, I'm there, sorry for not responding, as I just had time to read (because posting on a phone - at least my phone - is super hard for some reason.)

I'll try to post the thread soon, I'll reread it (it's been a long time) and add something about DLC's.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Horray, the original thread owner is here! It would be a shame not to be on that new support list for my favorite Kid Icarus character of all time. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In fact, I'm there, sorry for not responding, as I just had time to read (because posting on a phone - at least my phone - is super hard for some reason.)

I'll try to post the thread soon, I'll reread it (it's been a long time) and add something about DLC's.
Great to see that you now about the closing, Will be looking forward to the new updates since Hades isn't the only fabulous dark god around.

Horray, the original thread owner is here! It would be a shame not to be on that new support list for my favorite Kid Icarus character of all time. :p
Yes yes, we all know you love Medusa. Now go to the Underworld and kiss her snake hairs. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yes yes, we all know you love Medusa. Now go to the Underworld and kiss her snake hairs. :troll:
Silence, you insignificant thing! Unless you really want to be reduced into a lifeless statue like the many others that I've glared at.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I would buy a real Medusa amiibo in a heartbeat!
Believe me, you have know I idea how far I will go just to get this beaute. Amiibos are like the smallest and cutest figures, yet the hardest ones to find in stores these days.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Believe me, you have know I idea how far I will go just to get this beaute. Amiibos are like the smallest and cutest figures, yet the hardest ones to find in stores these days.
I feel your pain. I had to go to 3 different stores to find Palutena & Dark Pit amiibos on day 1 of thier release. Both were the last ones! Then I found out the first GAME I went to simply didn't have thier stock delivered yet and I thought they were sold out haha.

Top Bottom