• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The queen of the Underworld Soccer.

Captain N Medusa really makes Classic Medusa good in comparison...
Same could be said for any other Captain N redesign in the show, especially how hideous Oompa Loopa Ridley is in comparison to the blue multieyed freak from the Western artwork.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, the multi eyed freak makes sense: it IS the original artwork.

Dragonite Ridley on the other hand... I guess he is still too big :troll:

Laniv

Smash Lord
As long as we're talking hideous Metroid designs from the 80s, let me introduce Kraid.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Medieval Metroid, now with more Nerdy Derpy Kraids!

... Is there at least one decent character in this show? (don't talk about Mother Brain, that **** comes straight from Satan's worst nightmares)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Medieval Metroid, now with more Nerdy Derpy Kraids!

... Is there at least one decent character in this show? (don't talk about Mother Brain, that **** comes straight from Satan's worst nightmares)
What about Kid Icarus-icus? He's quite the short cutie isn't he? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I haven't played through Uprising yet, a lot of people swear by Hades but I think he has a god awful design. Medusa is over the top, yet more subdued and more easily digestible than Hades. I can tell where things start and where things end. To that end I have to throw in a vote for Medusa over Hades, although I thought Hades seemed hilarious from the random KI:U dialogue videos I seen.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ha... Get it... GOD awful? Ah just forget it.
Don't worry Hades, you did good kid, you did good. Although you're probably like thousands of years old so you're not really a kid. Metaphorically you did good kid. Literally speaking, you did good guy that's way older than me but is like the god of the underworld (wow you got the butt of the world, guess your brothers didn't really want you around. Is it awkward at family reunions. You know, with the whole brother dislike thing, and the stealing your sister's daughter to marry her (ew) and the rest of the weird stuff that goes on in Greek mythology).

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Ha... Get it... GOD awful? Ah just forget it.

hnnngh, well, sorry. I shouldn't put down character designs because, hell I'm a K. Rool fan, so I'm used to one of my favorite characters having their design bashed. I'm sure Hades is a wonderful villain otherwise he wouldn't have the fans he has, but just...

I don't even know what's going on with that design! I'm more confused if anything, I guess it's fitting for a god of the underworld.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
hnnngh, well, sorry. I shouldn't put down character designs because, hell I'm a K. Rool fan. I'm sure Hades is a wonderful villain otherwise he wouldn't have the fans he has, but just...
Thats what I thought you said...
I don't even know what's going on with that design! I'm more confused if anything, I guess it's fitting for a god of the underworld.
His outfit is supposed to be chaotic. But I understand why someone with bad tastes would not like it.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Thats what I thought you said...

His outfit is supposed to be chaotic. But I understand why someone with bad tastes would not like it.
Wow, Hades you speak in third person. Even Zeus doesn't talk like that and he's ****ing Zeus. Arrogant much. Well, actually that kind of describes who you are as a person so yes, arrogant much.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Wow, Hades you speak in third person. Even Zeus doesn't talk like that and he's ****ing Zeus. Arrogant much. Well, actually that kind of describes who you are as a person so yes, arrogant much.
It's not arrogant if it's true. And last time I saw Zeus was in that crappy non canon Kid Icarus we don't talk about. He may be Zeus but he still cant get in a real game like yours truly... He's alot like Samurai Goroh. No one cares about him.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's not arrogant if it's true. And last time I saw Zeus was in that crappy non canon Kid Icarus we don't talk about. He may be Zeus but he still cant get in a real game like yours truly... He's alot like Samurai Goroh. No one cares about him.
Better than your best pal Black Shadow, a crappy Batman ripoff that isn't even the main reoccurring villain character, just like you. Ow, that must sting, I'll get you some ice for that. Wait, never mind, your heart should be cold enough already to make that boo boo feel better.
btw why are we villains fighting, if anything we should be getting back to being you know, evil. Wait, lemme call Nintendo. Yeah, nope we gotta sit this one out mate. Guess we'll have to wait another decade or so until Kid Icarus: Uprising 2 or F-Zero.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Better than your best pal Black Shadow, a crappy Batman ripoff that isn't even the main reoccurring villain character, just like you. Ow, that must sting, I'll get you some ice for that. Wait, never mind, your heart should be cold enough already to make that boo boo feel better.
btw why are we villains fighting, if anything we should be getting back to being you know, evil. Wait, lemme call Nintendo. Yeah, nope we gotta sit this one out mate. Guess we'll have to wait another decade or so until Kid Icarus: Uprising 2 or F-Zero.
If I need to heal i'll just consume the souls of Samurai Goroh fans if I come across some. But I'll tell you all what, if there is a knew Kid Icarus, Medusa will return.... If I feel like it and truth be told that side boob just isn't doing it anymore. But hey when i'm in Smash i'll give a good word for her... for a role as an assist trophy. Who better to serve players then my pawn?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The Want was actually better that I expect xD
I have to admit that it's the same for me!

If emo pit wasnt in it may have been higher.
Of course.
In fact, if :4darkpit: :4drmario:and :4lucina: had their own stats (Lucina's lack of tipper for example) yet were on the same slot as :4pit: :4mario: and :4marth:, there would be clearly less hate for the 3 clones, and about the over representation of their series.

Well, there would still be the Smash Run problem for KI. But I don't mind, considering they bring unique things, and that the "we imported the models" excuse is totally fine for a mode that isn't even the main one. It may be the 3DS exclusive, but I really REALLY doubt people bought the 3DS version for that.

D

Deleted member

For all the people that gave Medusa such ****ty reviews and scores over at the Rate their Chances yesterday, for shame!

Yeah, we have our opinions and are entitled to them, but it's amazing how unpopular she is to parts of this community to me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
MEDUSA
CHANCE: 7.49%
WANT: 31.99%

From the "Rate their chances" thread of course.

Definitely hindered by the fact she is a KI character. Which was to expect.
Believe me, things are going to be much worse tomorrow since another causal character (Style Savvy) and another stupid Fire Emblem character (Azura) will receive much worse treatment. Even with the later's uniqueness and recency, they will give her hell harder than the average Nosferatu.

But the want ratings for Medusa is pretty decent for now, though it will be obvious that Hades will trump her due to popularity. He wouldn't even have the attention he has if it weren't for the localization team making him more of a badass troll in the Western versions.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Believe me, things are going to be much worse tomorrow since another causal character (Style Savvy) and another stupid Fire Emblem character (Azura) will receive much worse treatment. Even with the later's uniqueness and recency, they will give her hell harder than the average Nosferatu.

Savvy Stylist will definitely get hate from being a casual character (reminder: casual isn't a insult) and not Isaac or K.Rool, and Azura will probably get a worse treatment as Medusa, as she is too new.

But the want ratings for Medusa is pretty decent for now, though it will be obvious that Hades will trump her due to popularity. He wouldn't even have the attention he has if it weren't for the localization team making him more of a badass troll in the Western versions.
Yeah, for a KI character, it's not that bad. Low, but not bad.

I wonder what does the japanese think of Hades... It's true that the voice acting can change a character a lot. Medusa seems much darker, and calmer too (until she transforms), in Japanese, for example.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hades isn't really all that different in the Japanese version from what I've seen: campy, playful, cruel.

Medusa

Smash Rookie
Let's be honest with ourselves, Sakurai added Lucina and Dr. Mario as a way to justify him not adding Dark Pit as an alternate costume. It's a nice little cover up for his bias in adding that stupid angel as another character.

And I foresee an Uprising sequel so Sakurai can satify his inner child and have more Dark Pit Amiibos to play with.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I don't understand Sakurai's logic with clones. I've been over this before but i'm gonna say it again. Characters are supposed to add merit to the roster. If they don't then they are worthless. People have said it's like getting a free dessert with these characters but it's more like if you made 50 dollars extra from your job but the 50 dollars is monopoly money. Why not make all Koopalings playable or Wire Frame and Hoodie Mac? They are extra after all. Would you rather have those characters or nothing? A roster with 100 characters that plays nearly exactly the same is far worse than a roster with 8 very unique characters. I'd rather just have those clones be costumes instead to add more customization for the characters they are costumes for. And time spent balancing could be spent on something like a new item. Now I no a new item isnt much but it still arguably adds more than a over glorified costume. Also, they can ruin the chances of future more unique dlc characters. Want Hades, Medusa, Viridi, or Hades? Well too bad you get Dark Pit instead. Not saying these characters would get in wether or not Dark Pit is in, but he does hurt the chances of more important and unique fighters. And this goes for Mario and Fire Emblem as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom