• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Haven't found any. There are probably at least a few, though.

If Lip were to get a Mii costume, I think it'd be a sword fighter. They'd use a longer version of Lip's Stick for the sword.
I'd rather Lip be her own character and not a skin for the worst character in Smash 4, thank you very much. : P

HEY!!! Now that we've all recovered from our Iwata Trauma, are we gonna continue our support for Lip or are we gonna Lip's chances disintegrate? Remember, we don't got much time left!
Instead of talking, how about doing? I don't mean to be rude, but the best way to demonstrate leadership is to show some support for Lip yourself. Original artwork, fan videos, pictures supporting Lip in SSB4, etc. etc. We've got just a few months left, and if you want Lippy to get in SSB4 that badly, I'd say it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Haven't found any. There are probably at least a few, though.

I'd rather Lip be her own character and not a skin for the worst character in Smash 4, thank you very much. : P

Instead of talking, how about doing? I don't mean to be rude, but the best way to demonstrate leadership is to show some support for Lip yourself. Original artwork, fan videos, pictures supporting Lip in SSB4, etc. etc. We've got just a few months left, and if you want Lippy to get in SSB4 that badly, I'd say it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is.
I think I got an idea. I should've done this sooner. I'll edit a screenshot I take of Panel de Pon or Tetris Attack, and have this spell out in the tiles:
VOTE
4LIP

Last edited:

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
I again apologize of double-posting, but here is my new picture to help get Lip in Smash 4! Let's hope this'll get a lot of likes at F Yeah Panel de Pon.

CH4F

Smash Cadet
Actually, I just wondered: are there any Panel De Pon-sites that have say, competitive players and like left? I remember attending one once.
The subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/PanelDePon/
SNESOT makes some online tournaments of it: http://snesot.com/
That's all for now. Maybe I'll try myself to make a community, but it mostly be focused on Europe/France and on all arcade puzzle games, unfortunately.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
So, ready to upload this next picture, @ N N. Onymous ? I did it all by myself. Edited pictures are the way to get the Support Lip Train goin'.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I really hope Lip gets SOME recognition this year. And what better way than to add her in Smash? For goodness' sakes, it's the 20th anniversary of Panel de Pon, people!

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
And now, an announcement I must make. I will be going back to school tomorrow, so there's not much I can do to contribute to the F Yeah Panel de Pon Tumblr site created by @ N N. Onymous
BUT, that doesn't mean I'll not bring any more Vote For Lip photos. I have truly saved the best for last. This WILL get a lot of likes at F Yeah Panel de Pon and a ton more votes for Lip. So, without further ado, HERE. IT. IS.

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
And now, an announcement I must make. I will be going back to school tomorrow, so there's not much I can do to contribute to the F Yeah Panel de Pon Tumblr site created by @ N N. Onymous
BUT, that doesn't mean I'll not bring any more Vote For Lip photos. I have truly saved the best for last. This WILL get a lot of likes at F Yeah Panel de Pon and a ton more votes for Lip. So, without further ado, HERE. IT. IS.

That make me want a Panel de Pon VS Yoshi game !

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
We're getting close to the 20th Anniversary of Panel de Pon. Probably going to go by silently on Nintendo's end, unless they re-release Tetris Attack for the Virtual Console on Oct. 27th or something.

I've always said I'd love to draw Lip, but I've never really sat down and done it. I'm pretty meh with human proportions, but I really need to ditch the afraid to try mentality. Even if it's just a sketch, I guess I oughta still do something small for it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We're getting close to the 20th Anniversary of Panel de Pon. Probably going to go by silently on Nintendo's end, unless they re-release Tetris Attack for the Virtual Console on Oct. 27th or something.

I've always said I'd love to draw Lip, but I've never really sat down and done it. I'm pretty meh with human proportions, but I really need to ditch the afraid to try mentality. Even if it's just a sketch, I guess I oughta still do something small for it.
Oh God don't taunt me... I wish we'd get Tetris Attack on VC.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Tetris Attack is wrapped up in a sea of licensing issues concerning the name that will prevent it from ever getting a rerelease, at least for the foreseeable future. But that's what you get for thinking with your wallet and not your heart, I guess. Where was the love for a new IP that you were showing to Kirby? To Metroid? That you are showing to Splatoon? Why did you pick now to decide "girl games don't sell, let's rip out the game's heart and make it Mario Spinoff #[large number here]."

It's kind of upsetting to note that it's been several hours since I posted that "Vote 4 Lip" image Wolf Bunny made, and I still haven't gotten any notes on it. Maybe things will pick up later, but it's ominous to me...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tetris Attack is wrapped up in a sea of licensing issues concerning the name that will prevent it from ever getting a rerelease, at least for the foreseeable future. But that's what you get for thinking with your wallet and not your heart, I guess. Where was the love for a new IP that you were showing to Kirby? To Metroid? That you are showing to Splatoon? Why did you pick now to decide "girl games don't sell, let's rip out the game's heart and make it Mario Spinoff #[large number here]."

It's kind of upsetting to note that it's been several hours since I posted that "Vote 4 Lip" image Wolf Bunny made, and I still haven't gotten any notes on it. Maybe things will pick up later, but it's ominous to me...
Honestly, I'm not so sure. Numerous games have been wrapped up in licensing issues, but we're still getting some very odd ones. The biggest offender is probably Europe getting Super Mario RPG. DK64 is another very questionable one, but it was still released as well (that one might've just been overstated and it didn't really have any licensing issues).

Considering how other games people "thought" had licensing issues are still getting releases, I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to release Tetris Attack as well. Maybe they could even do a barebones translation of Panel de Pon like they did with Mysterious Murasame Castle.

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288

Now don't despair... I got all 13 of the Yoshi vs. Panel de Pon pictures to help solve that spooky solution.
13 might be unlucky, but it sure can be helpful in dreaded times like these.
Here is my message to help them Panel Poppers:

Time is of the essence, and Lip doesn't got much time left!
If you wanna see all these rivalries come true,
vote for Lip today for the sake of Panel de Pon's future!
The fairies are all counting on you!
Hurry before October 3rd, 2015 closes in!
cp.nintendo.co.jp/us
cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Honestly, I'm not so sure. Numerous games have been wrapped up in licensing issues, but we're still getting some very odd ones. The biggest offender is probably Europe getting Super Mario RPG. DK64 is another very questionable one, but it was still released as well (that one might've just been overstated and it didn't really have any licensing issues).

Considering how other games people "thought" had licensing issues are still getting releases, I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to release Tetris Attack as well. Maybe they could even do a barebones translation of Panel de Pon like they did with Mysterious Murasame Castle.
Donkey Kong 64 isn't EarthBound. The touchiest thing there was sampling, which is a gray area, but clearly not a big enough one to keep the game off the Virtual Console. DK64 has Rareware's old Spectrum game Jetpac in it, which wasn't a big deal at the time of release, but when Rare was bought out by Microsoft, the rights to Jetpac went with them. Nintendo couldn't simply cut the game out, since it must be played to get an item that will let you reach the final boss. It was a big legal mess, but since Donkey Kong 64 is on the VC now, and to my knowledge unedited, they probably were able to reach some kind of deal.

I wish they would release a translation of Panel de Pon. It's a text-light game, translation wouldn't be a huge effort, it would introduce the rest of the world to one of my favorite IPs... the hardest thing to do would be recording English voice clips if they decided to do that. Honestly, with Lip's Stick having been around since Super Smash Bros. Melee and The Tetris Company all but refusing to re-license the Tetris name for a rerelease of TA, they should have done it a lot earlier.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
We've got a little over a month left. Any more ideas to raise interest in the pro-Lip cause? There's no time to dawdle anymore.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Mmm, well, I've posted my ideas. Guess there's nothing left to do now but stuff the ballot with votes for her every day until the deadline comes around.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I brought up Lip in the Smash 4 social yesterday to see if anyone was interested there. Some said they wouldn't mind her inclusion but weren't too interested, I'll try elsewhere though.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't know what to do to raise interest in Lip. I don't have Facebook, twitter or any of that stuff, no artistic talent to draw any pictures, nor do I think that spamming the Smash Ballot is a wise idea. I'd rather play "by the rules", so to say.

Nonetheless, good luck, everyone.

PsychoJosh

I think Splatoon's success is going to make them reconsider their preconceived notions.

To be honest, they didn't expect Splatoon to do this well either. The underestimated it because of its subject matter; they didn't think a game about squeaky kids shooting paint at each other would be such a high-ticket item. They undersold Splatoon's launch campaign because they didn't think it would do well, and honestly believed that Project S.T.E.A.M. was going to be their most successful title of the year.

Look how that went for them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Splatoon's success is going to make them reconsider their preconceived notions.

To be honest, they didn't expect Splatoon to do this well either. The underestimated it because of its subject matter; they didn't think a game about squeaky kids shooting paint at each other would be such a high-ticket item. They undersold Splatoon's launch campaign because they didn't think it would do well, and honestly believed that Project S.T.E.A.M. was going to be their most successful title of the year.

Look how that went for them.
Nintendo thought Project S.T.E.A.M. would be all that successful? I never got that notion, honestly. Where did they ever say that? I figured they were just pushing Super Mario Maker to be their biggest title this year (since Zelda got pushed back).

PsychoJosh

I actually don't know what to do to raise interest in Lip. I don't have Facebook, twitter or any of that stuff, no artistic talent to draw any pictures, nor do I think that spamming the Smash Ballot is a wise idea. I'd rather play "by the rules", so to say.
Do you think K. Rool's fans are "playing by the rules"? Or Shantae's fans? Or anyone else's?

There is nothing explicitly "against the rules" about ballot stuffing in this context. Nintendo would have taken measures if it were disallowed. This means that the winners will most likely be whoever's fans do the most ballot stuffing. So there is nothing to lose by doing this.

D

Deleted member

Do you think K. Rool's fans are "playing by the rules"? Or Shantae's fans? Or anyone else's?
Terrible logic. Two wrongs don't make one right, as the saying goes. I don't care what others chose to do, that's of no importance to me.

PsychoJosh

Terrible logic. Two wrongs don't make one right, as the saying goes. I don't care what others chose to do, that's of no importance to me.
Except there is no wrong here, because there are literally no rules. You are just arbitrarily imposing rules on yourself that you completely fabricated. This obviously means you don't want Lip to be in the game.

The only logic here that's terrible is yours.

Last edited:

Kawai nic

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it fits very well, I imagine a really "kawaii" voice for her (and she could still speak japanese of course !).

smashkirby

Smash Hero

PsychoJosh

I don't know about you guys but I'm voting for Lip every day until the deadline. What have we got to lose?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a heads up, I'll make something for Lip in a few days (or tomorrow depending on my homework load). With my Photoshop back, I can finally finish that request @ TheWolfBunny TheWolfBunny had for me earlier.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Sorry for the double post, but Lip's poster is finally done. Decided to use a background from the games just to give the casuals an idea of what her games are all about in addition to making her piece look extremely colorful. Now that I look at it, it kind of looks like an in-game cutscene in the Puyo Puyo games when you score a chain combo.

Either way, I hope you all like what I've done. Especially you
@ TheWolfBunny TheWolfBunny since you've asked for it on my DeviantArt page. :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Sorry for the double post, but Lip's poster is finally done. Decided to use a background from the games just to give the casuals an idea of what her games are all about in addition to making her piece look extremely colorful. Now that I look at it, it kind of looks like an in-game cutscene in the Puyo Puyo games when you score a chain combo.

Either way, I hope you all like what I've done. Especially you
@ TheWolfBunny TheWolfBunny since you've asked for it on my DeviantArt page. :)
Looks good! Nice reference to Puyo Puyo, BTW!:awesome:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd better get this up on F Yeah Panel de Pon soon... we've got a little over a month left. It's now or never!
Er, you do realize its October 3rd, right? That's a little more than a week and a half. Its not even two weeks until the ballot ends now.

Top Bottom