• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Maluigi for red
Wa-Luigi for green
Firey is also a must.

Can I please make Mr. ᴦ and Shadow Waluigi (blue), and have them be included? I've done quite a bit of texture work, and this is a must for me, as Wa is one of my secondaries.

Also, Jungle, Matrix, Canadian, **** (EDIT: lol, it censored that guy's name. But you know who I'm talking about), etc. should all be in the final pack, but not numbered. They could be FitLuigiCanada or FitLuigiMatrix if anyone wanted to use them.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Should be a black. I've pretty much done all the coloring for the subspace icons in those categories except for canadian waluigi, and included a black.

I also included some moveset ideas, suggestive more than anything else. (copied them from word which have icons so excuse the quality of organisation).

A +A - Round Kick + Back Kick
Up A – Axe Kick

Running A – Running Bicycle Kick – Much Alike Luigi’s Baby Fist attack
Side Smash – A Smashing Front Boot –
Up Smash – Does an Upwards Drilling Dropkick -
Down Smash – Dropping backwards onto his hands and thrusts both feet out as a lower dropkick

B - Waluigi Tornado - Chargeable – More charge, more power and longevity of attack
Side B - Axe Heel Stomp – 10% - Buries Opponent into Ground
Up B - Spring shoes – Reaches Sonic Spring Jump Height – Lands buried into the ground – Vulnerability –

Taunts
- Laugh it off – Doesn’t Flinch
- The Crotch Chop
- Mario Golf Michael Jackson Tribute Taunt

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
let **** dastardly be seperae if someone wants it cause its considered a texture not a main texture for waluigi
Also i want the crotch chop lmao for a taunt that would be the bomb.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Crotch Chop would be amazing for the taunt

As for Attires I go with

1- Regular (Has to be anyways)
2- For Green Team: What they did with Wario for Red Team, Dark Blue Shirt but with Dark Green Overalls and Hat
3- For Red Team: The Crimson Wa
4- For Blue Team: Ice Flower Waluigi
5- Wariogi
6- **** Dastardly

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
@Dry: I feel Waluigi should continue the trend the other three started, with them having the costumes of their counterparts.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I'm not the one who voted for **** Dastardly. Firey Waluigi is a lot nicer than Fire Flower IMO.
I agree because then Wario would be the only one of the 4 to NOT have a Fire Flower outfit... and Wario and Waluigi have never gotten the Fire Flower power ups.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Does Wa still have to be player 4 for 4 player, or is that no longer an issue since he's now replacing luigi?

PND

Smash Champion
The model isn't complete yet so I can't confirm, but he SHOULD be usable regardless of controller port without any issue.

Speaking of controllers. . . if the clone engine is used he will require a Gamecube controller to select from the CSS. I'm working on a fix for that right now to allow for all 4 control schemes. Currently when I try to load it with multiple control schemes it causes a crash upon loading of the game. Additionally I have no confirmation if the clone engine will also work with custom or expanded character select screens. I'm looking into it, hopefully this issue will be sorted out before release.

Reminder, though. You will NOT be able to play both Waluigi and Luigi in the same match until the full clone engine is released.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I know that grabbing is gone, but this is regarding that: When you were modifying him, did he have any finger bones, how about thumb bones?

...My point doesn't have much credability does it?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Fingers? Point? Hyuckhyuckhyuck.

Anyway, I don't think the AT model has finger or thumb bones unfortunately.

PND

Smash Champion
His hand bone structure is LHandN -> LHaveN, RHandN -> RHaveN (Racket). No fingers at all.

EDIT:
So I've encountered a baffling glitch. I finished the model, all the bones are named properly, the animations look good in BrawlBox and everything.

The problem? Well, now when you select Luigi from the CSS the game freezes. The match doesn't even start and the game freezes. This makes no sense to me.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Because we works when the the bones aren't renamed -- he just can't move and occasionally freezes. However now that I've put the work in, I can't even get him into a match.

I've saved my work in steps along the way, I still have one model that can move (and loads in Brawl!) but has a messed up leg. . . really messed up. I might have to go with that one and fix up the animations for every single animation in the game. If there's no simple fix for my previous model, I'll have to do it this way which will take more time than anticipated.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
all the textures should be completely regular, no dastardly, no Mr. W, etc. We can still put those up for download for people to tex hack waluigi like they do with other characters, but for the base release i suggest keeping it as official/professional as possible.

pedrovay2003

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new here and I just had a couple questions.

I tried to load the code through Gecko OS, and it loaded fine -- But I could only play as the Red and Yellow guys. I tried to get Waluigi to load, but nothing. I only tried for first and second players -- Is that what I'm doing wrong?

Also, how come people are actually censoring "****" in **** Dastardly? I don't know if this was discussed in previous pages, but he WAS an actual character...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Dastardly

Anyway, thanks for your help, everyone. This is an awesome project, and I can only wish I had the skills to do something like this. :p

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, **** is censored for whatever reason... which I never got because there are actual people with **** are their first name

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah well there's someone in one of my subjects at uni called "Long Wang". I'm not kidding.

Erp, sorry, that's not really on topic, eh?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I havnt been keeping up here, any plans of switching to a character instead of an alloy?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
But not in the same match. I'm using it JUST for Wa. If I want to play Luigi, I can do that without hacks. ;)

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I ditto what TCR just said for now. : D That or just remove the SD card before you select a character.

Top Bottom