• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Stop it! Stop saying "we!" YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE AT ALL SO STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU ARE!

And another thing, stop requesting other characters.
I love seeing people over the internet get so hyped up over somthing, lol.

Anyways, when I downloaded Waluigi, he is acting a bit strange. He has the exact same things from the first release (Messed up size, running.) excect for the Special Guard. I dunno why this happened. :confused:

I have also came a cross a cool Striker texture for Waluigi:
Picture:
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/waluigistriker2nz6.jpg/

Download:
http://download549.mediafire.com/v9fiosk4gkzg/jmmancwwmji/AsfWaluigiBrres.pac

PND

Smash Champion
I've been working 50+ a week lately, and it's looking like this is going to continue all summer. So sorry for my recent inactivity. . . but I just haven't had time.

BAD NEWS TIME

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to bow out of this project. You guys deserve someone who can devote way more time into this project. I'm gonna upload all the files I have -- all the textures, models, partial files, everything -- so someone with more time than I do can take over.

Sorry, but here's hoping this project turns out better than ever.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
That come as a disappointment, but a VERY understandable one pnd. I remember when I first downloaded homebrew it was "I'm gonna do this all the time and make x and y and 7 playable characters and it'll kick ***!" Between the university, work, and other obligations it took 2 weeks just to find time to port Hammer Bro. over a character, much less do ANYTHING further! There just isn't time sometimes. Thank's for everything you've done man, good luck :)

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
BAD NEWS TIME

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to bow out of this project. You guys deserve someone who can devote way more time into this project. I'm gonna upload all the files I have -- all the textures, models, partial files, everything -- so someone with more time than I do can take over.

First off, thank you PND for all your contributions that you made to this project and wish you the best.
Secondly about some guys I've seen do some brawl hacks. Anyone heard of Bigsharkz, Mastaklo, and Nuclear432? (try youtube if not on smashboards) From what I've seen from them they have done some good work.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I've been working 50+ a week lately, and it's looking like this is going to continue all summer. So sorry for my recent inactivity. . . but I just haven't had time.

BAD NEWS TIME

I think BigsharkZ, Mastaklo, and StarWaffles would be the perfect team for this. And they'll get a perfect head start after all the work you've done.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, it sucks you gotta bail, PND. Real life sucks. :(

Well, whoever chooses to take over this project, I wish them luck.

So, does that mean Chibo is off to?

Well, no matter. I'd take over gladly, but my hardware can't handle BrawlBox and I never used it. :(

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
We already got teh air swim and the bombs done I think... so why isn't there a V.05 yet?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's sad to see PND go, but this isn't going to die. I do need new help though.

What I mainly need is someone to help me with the model. I know theres a bunch of you out there who are really good with this. Tell your friends, find someone who can help. Essentially I need the Waluigi model (we can just use the one already in Brawl, it would probably be easier that way anyway), to get Waluigi onto a normal character. Whether it's Luigi, Falcon, w/e. That's the main plataeu that's stopped us from the next version.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i can help with that. first off, Waluigi has a TransN of 2, so to avoid the running glitch it would be best to put him on a character with a TransN of 2 also, being DK, Lucas, Metaknight, all pokemon except Lucario, Samus, Sheik, Toon Link and Wario. another reason i offer to help is because Waluigi has a bone called BodyM at bone index 1, which will cause him to disappear on most characters unless he has a smash ball, and i can fix that as well. so the question then is, which character would you like replaced from the ones i listed above? i would suggest Metaknight to avoid having the item grab glitch as well.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Everything replaces Metaknight already. That said, whoever works, works, keeping Articles in mind as well, that is.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I think it works purely because Waluigi transforming into a breasty chick makes no sense, like Waluigi himself.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i would be all for replacing Pit, but it would require a lot more work, mainly because Pit's TransN is 9, while Waluigi's is 2. if we went with Pit, Waluigi's arm bone would be where the TransN would end up, and hex swapping that many bones would be a pain. Olimar could work, his TransN is 1, Waluigi wouldn't have the item grab glitch, and we would just need to PSA out the Pikmin from showing up at the start of the match. Yoshi could work as well, his TransN is 1 too. but that's why i listed all the characters that would work the best a few posts back, because a character with a TransN of 2 would require the least amount of bone hexing and renaming. and yes, the TransN is important, because with it in a different spot than the replaced character causes the walking glitch.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
We don't know yet. The original creators are trying to find new people to take over because of real life stuff. It may be a while.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
When is waluigi version 5 coming out? (Will he have attacks besides A)

sorry i said the same thing twice:dizzy:

i do have brawl box......maybe i can help out with waluigi a little bit. i have made my own textures for him once before. ill probably help with textures if i help at all.

ghghghghghghghghghghgh

I really wish i can help out with project waluigi. just one problem. I DONT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD MY TEXTURES FROM BRAWLBOX AS A DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

i have ideas for Waluigi's special moves: (if i say 'more' or 'less' that means i'm comparing it to the original character in question)
Standard Special: Waluigi Super Punch (like DK's only less time to charge and around 5% less damage)
Side Special: Waluigi Kart (like Wario's bike but the Standard Kart from MKDS and is quicker and does 2% less each time it hits)
Up Special: Waluigi Skyriser (Like King Dedede's Super jump only it goes higher and does 3% more damage and insted of stars a smaller earthly shockwave appears)
Down Special: Whirluigi (from mario power tennis from Nintendo Gamecube) (Like Luigi Cyclone only slightly slower and does 1-2% more damage)
Final Smash: Waluigi Pinball (Waluigi turns into a giant pinball and the player controls 'flippers' at the sides of the stage that knock waluigi around the stage, the ball is unaffected by land and items and is invincible for the whole time, cannot go Out Of Bounds and lasts for as long as Mr. Game & Watch's 'Octopuss' Final Smash)

i hope these are good ideas, that you will consider them, get all kinks worked out and that i have been helpful (also the 'Laugh it off' idea ROCKS!! KEEP IT PLEASE!!)
This idea from MegaAntMan1 is one of the best ideas i have heard. someone should really listen to his idea. somebods should edit this into Waluigi's PSA.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
I would help if I could, but I am fixing a computer that crashed before. My other ones can't use and download Brawlbox so if I do get it fixed I might be able to help with some animations.
I know how because I check tutorials from youtube of all different kinds of things and my friend has Brawlbox sooo... yeah. The computer fixing will take a very long time though, but when I do get it, then I'll be glad to help out a little bit.:)

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
This idea from MegaAntMan1 is one of the best ideas i have heard. someone should really listen to his idea. somebods should edit this into Waluigi's PSA.
As Much as I think Waluigi SHOULD have the effects of King Dedede's UP B, I think it should vary from just a regular copy of it. I'd say it should be a spring shoe jump - his height would be exceptional, but he must have the characteristics of a comedic character, which is why i suggested previously that he falls face first into the ground and is momentarily vulnerable like the end of Luigi's Up B, only Waluigi has his upper body buried into the ground.

Side B, we shouldnt necessarily rip off the whole wario thing. Though It's a cross ideal of Luigi AND Wario, A Rolling, But Launching Attack. I Figure perhaps a multiple rolling kick as a Side B would be efficient, chargeable like Luigi's Green Missle, but rolls specifically along the ground like wario's bike, and in the air, it can be used as a recovery attack like sonic's side B, and can damage waluigi if charged for too long, a random explosion would be for the shock comedy genre value that waluigi can percieve.

Down B is a Good Idea, the concept of bringing back Whir-luigi, and if the posture during the animation matches that of the mario tennis, it should be golden, it's range should be that of luigi's cyclone.

And For a Standard B, I think it would be quite good to have a chargeup move like DK's Punch, But why not variate it back to Waluigi's Long Legs? Doing a Simple slow pull back for momentum as a charge sequence animation, then when released, Waluigi basically immitates Gannondorf's Sparta Kick, and yes, it should have a weaker hit rate than DK.

As for The Final Smash? Waluigi Pinball is an Idea which is well picked up on from Mario Kart DS. I'll give the creators that much, but why not give Waluigi something even more abandoned? In his video game Debut he was portrayed as Sinister with Purple Glowing eyes. What I think should happen for Waluigi's final smash is that he Glares in the radius of Link's Final Smash Rush, then the place goes dark, and upon the snap of fingers, all characters will be affected by a deadly explosion. If glare has made contact with an opponent, it will make a 20% higher damage Rate than those who Waluigi Misses. This takes on a Metaknight like Approach But I think It's more fitting and contrasting to the modern waluigi and bringing back his dark precedence thought of in the Original Mario Tennis, Plus it'd probably be easier to model.

Those are MY Ideas which i find most suitable for the game, whether they are useable or not, is up to you, but I'd Like to see those used and/or considered

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
hey gamedan85, its-a-me! your hacking partner. i dont want to say my real name online but, it starts with an A, and ur da 1 that helped me get brawlbox. im sure u will figure out who i am!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::chuckle::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::chuckle::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
hey gamedan85, its-a-me! your hacking partner. i dont want to say my real name online but, it starts with an A, and ur da 1 that helped me get brawlbox. im sure u will figure out who i am!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::chuckle::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::chuckle::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Shut... the hell up... you spamming... fuzzbag...

Numerous lines of comments in a row and spamming with emoticons will not get you anywhere in this forum.

I may be a Smash Cadet but Christ...

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
Really? They are just yellow laughing ball things. Jeez! But I do agree with your other reply.

this is from XypherMaverix
"As Much as I think Waluigi SHOULD have the effects of King Dedede's UP B, I think it should vary from just a regular copy of it. I'd say it should be a spring shoe jump - his height would be exceptional, but he must have the characteristics of a comedic character, which is why i suggested previously that he falls face first into the ground and is momentarily vulnerable like the end of Luigi's Up B, only Waluigi has his upper body buried into the ground.

Side B, we shouldnt necessarily rip off the whole wario thing. Though It's a cross ideal of Luigi AND Wario, A Rolling, But Launching Attack. I Figure perhaps a multiple rolling kick as a Side B would be efficient, chargeable like Luigi's Green Missle, but rolls specifically along the ground like wario's bike, and in the air, it can be used as a recovery attack like sonic's side B, and can damage waluigi if charged for too long, a random explosion would be for the shock comedy genre value that waluigi can percieve.

Down B is a Good Idea, the concept of bringing back Whir-luigi, and if the posture during the animation matches that of the mario tennis, it should be golden, it's range should be that of luigi's cyclone.

And For a Standard B, I think it would be quite good to have a chargeup move like DK's Punch, But why not variate it back to Waluigi's Long Legs? Doing a Simple slow pull back for momentum as a charge sequence animation, then when released, Waluigi basically immitates Gannondorf's Sparta Kick, and yes, it should have a weaker hit rate than DK.

As for The Final Smash? Waluigi Pinball is an Idea which is well picked up on from Mario Kart DS. I'll give the creators that much, but why not give Waluigi something even more abandoned? In his video game Debut he was portrayed as Sinister with Purple Glowing eyes. What I think should happen for Waluigi's final smash is that he Glares in the radius of Link's Final Smash Rush, then the place goes dark, and upon the snap of fingers, all characters will be affected by a deadly explosion. If glare has made contact with an opponent, it will make a 20% higher damage Rate than those who Waluigi Misses. This takes on a Metaknight like Approach But I think It's more fitting and contrasting to the modern waluigi and bringing back his dark precedence thought of in the Original Mario Tennis, Plus it'd probably be easier to model.

Those are MY Ideas which i find most suitable for the game, whether they are useable or not, is up to you, but I'd Like to see those used and/or considered"

I am sooooo stupid. I just found out how to get your own custom avatar. teehee! :laugh: <How do you like this XypherMaverix!

by the way, the red alloy on my CCS has the picture that you see over there. (my avatar.)

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Love the name, Waluigiman, but if it isn't too much of a hassle, could you try to refrain from posting multiple times in a row, please? I may not be an authority here, but I feel it would give the topic a cleaner appearance. So if you could, try to think of the topic itself when posting. :3

On-topic, I agree with the quote that you have brought up, originally by XypherMaverix. Waluigi should have a combination of comical and sinister in his persona, as he was originally depicted as a sinister, skinny, conniving man who's sided with Wario, but then became a more comical character, as did Wario.

Wario, however, kept his greedy personality, so what's to say that Waluigi can't be a sinister man behind his current comedic gestures?

If I may suggest my opinions to your B moves, Xypher, I have a couple of things to say.

Up-B: As you said, should be the springy shoes, but give it an average height with little to no backward horizontal recovery. The second part of the move, would give complete freedom for a second or two of Waluigi, in which he swims through the air, attempting to save himself, much like he could swim across the stage in Mario Power Tennis and serve the ball back to the other side. Then he falls down, with near to none air mobility left, and faceplants into the ground, before recovering from the fall.

Side-B: Interesting concept, but it seems a tad too different for Waluigi. I personally cannot imagine it, having no idea what a rolling kick is, to be honest. Perhaps, if this move hasn't been used elsewhere in the moveset, the use of his ground stomp that he has as an assist trophy, which would be used similar to DK's Headbutt, to which he can ready himself up for a strong attack.

Down-B: Whir-Luigi would be the perfect thing, but for the sake of keeping him comedic, all-the-while serious, have him spin faster and faster, then have him stop after a few seconds if used to that point, and lean over and take a breather, as if tired from the attack. This would act as the endlag of the move.

B: I can perfectly imagine Waluigi doing a strong kick like ganondorf's "sparta kick", but I'd rather a similar, but slightly different, variation of a strong kick. He could pull his leg back, keeping the tip of his shoe on the ground, and when fully charged, swing his foot ahead of him in a kick from his lower right, for example, to his left shoulder, before spinning in place, while lowering his leg.

I have no comment on the Final Smash, as that seems perfect for him, in my eye.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I was gonna say something similar, but Kazy said it first.

"Why hasn't he been infracted yet?"

At this point, I'm just waiting for Chibo or somebody that can hack to come back before I get more hopes.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Love the name, Waluigiman, but if it isn't too much of a hassle, could you try to refrain from posting multiple times in a row, please? I may not be an authority here, but I feel it would give the topic a cleaner appearance. So if you could, try to think of the topic itself when posting. :3

On-topic, I agree with the quote that you have brought up, originally by XypherMaverix. Waluigi should have a combination of comical and sinister in his persona, as he was originally depicted as a sinister, skinny, conniving man who's sided with Wario, but then became a more comical character, as did Wario.

Wario, however, kept his greedy personality, so what's to say that Waluigi can't be a sinister man behind his current comedic gestures?

If I may suggest my opinions to your B moves, Xypher, I have a couple of things to say.

Up-B: As you said, should be the springy shoes, but give it an average height with little to no backward horizontal recovery. The second part of the move, would give complete freedom for a second or two of Waluigi, in which he swims through the air, attempting to save himself, much like he could swim across the stage in Mario Power Tennis and serve the ball back to the other side. Then he falls down, with near to none air mobility left, and faceplants into the ground, before recovering from the fall.

Side-B: Interesting concept, but it seems a tad too different for Waluigi. I personally cannot imagine it, having no idea what a rolling kick is, to be honest. Perhaps, if this move hasn't been used elsewhere in the moveset, the use of his ground stomp that he has as an assist trophy, which would be used similar to DK's Headbutt, to which he can ready himself up for a strong attack.

Down-B: Whir-Luigi would be the perfect thing, but for the sake of keeping him comedic, all-the-while serious, have him spin faster and faster, then have him stop after a few seconds if used to that point, and lean over and take a breather, as if tired from the attack. This would act as the endlag of the move.

B: I can perfectly imagine Waluigi doing a strong kick like ganondorf's "sparta kick", but I'd rather a similar, but slightly different, variation of a strong kick. He could pull his leg back, keeping the tip of his shoe on the ground, and when fully charged, swing his foot ahead of him in a kick from his lower right, for example, to his left shoulder, before spinning in place, while lowering his leg.

I have no comment on the Final Smash, as that seems perfect for him, in my eye.
B as per se.. a Punt Kick? I figured the sparta kick would be appropriate. With the regular punt kick i think it could make rather too much comedic approach with waluigi. Besides the Thrusting Sparta Kick would be a bit easier to animate than the punt kick.

I agree, but i was thinking more like he struggles in mid air, aware of his falling. and the height would ofcourse need to be reduced by say.. at max 1/4th less of dededes height, no shorter.

And the Side B, it was an idea of a taekwando rolling kick in which one leaps forward, turns in mid air, and kicks with the back of the heel, then landing. My idea was that he performs that, and he lands on his kicking foot in contrast to the style of landing on the plant foot. In which the foot that has landed is on the ground, the one still in momentum will roll forwards to kick with the back of the heel, and continue the cycle alike a wheel system of kicks. Rolls specifically on the ground, but in the air it acts as a good recovery move. It impacts as a barraging move such as Metaknight's Side B attack.

I hope that makes more sense to you despite the extensive detail. (Former martial artist experience, hopefully ill be able to animate it so you can understand what i mean if not comprehending the definition of the Rolling Kick). I also know how arguable waluigi's moveset can be, so i thank kazyx for the criticism.

On another note. For all those wimps who dont wanna see olimar go (Unlikely, but still would be nice), does anyone have any foundation of knowledge about the clone engine for character selections?

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
B as per se.. a Punt Kick? I figured the sparta kick would be appropriate. With the regular punt kick i think it could make rather too much comedic approach with waluigi. Besides the Thrusting Sparta Kick would be a bit easier to animate than the punt kick.

I agree, but i was thinking more like he struggles in mid air, aware of his falling. and the height would ofcourse need to be reduced by say.. at max 1/4th less of dededes height, no shorter.

And the Side B, it was an idea of a taekwando rolling kick in which one leaps forward, turns in mid air, and kicks with the back of the heel, then landing. My idea was that he performs that, and he lands on his kicking foot in contrast to the style of landing on the plant foot. In which the foot that has landed is on the ground, the one still in momentum will roll forwards to kick with the back of the heel, and continue the cycle alike a wheel system of kicks. Rolls specifically on the ground, but in the air it acts as a good recovery move. It impacts as a barraging move such as Metaknight's Side B attack.

I hope that makes more sense to you despite the extensive detail. (Former martial artist experience, hopefully ill be able to animate it so you can understand what i mean if not comprehending the definition of the Rolling Kick). I also know how arguable waluigi's moveset can be, so i thank kazyx for the criticism.

On another note. For all those wimps who dont wanna see olimar go (Unlikely, but still would be nice), does anyone have any foundation of knowledge about the clone engine for character selections?
That's true, it would be easier to animate when compared to my suggestion. I guess I thought it would look nicer, when I forgot about all the coding that needs to go behind the character. My apologies.

Ah yes, that would seem more logical, because most of these characters aren't really aware that they're falling, now are they? This would also add a slight more comedic approach to the move, which fits part of Waluigi's character.

*nods* That explanation is quite visual, and I can see it perfectly. If that's easier to make when compared to grounding someone with his foot, I'll gladly take that over my suggestion.

You're quite welcome, Xypher. I'm glad I could add some of my own criticism to this project.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Discussing the Standard B and Side B because those are chargeable as i had planned them.

B would be to reel back the foot alike Captain falcons down smash, but waluigi's knee is bent at a 45 degree angle downwards as the initiation, his arms are in a defensive stature like this (http://www.virtueverse.com/images/BlackCaiman2.jpg)
The charge sequence should be him shaking a little bit in focus. Then on release, he thrusts out the sparta thrusting kick. Needless to say "THIS IS WALUIGI TIME!"

The Side B move would ofcouse be similar in occurence, but with waluigi leaning backwards to prepare for his legs to initiate the momentum instead of thrusting himself.

Standard charge sequences. and as much as I appreciate the positive criticism so far on my suggestions for movesets, i would like to here more from Chibo

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
All of these different moves that you guys are specifying can be imported from different games that Waluigi is in and you can make the animations with Brawl box. I do agree though, the Whir-luigi idea is fantastic. All we have to do is get the animation for Mario Power Tennis and make hitboxes for it, right?

Helmed

Smash Rookie
hey guys, what codes do i add to a .gct for waluigi. i want to be able to use him in like brawl+ and brawl-

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
im sorry for spamming. I wont do it again and i'll stay on topic. oh and kazyx....thx for the comment on my profile name.

Top Bottom