• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
but isnt it like some form of alternate costume in which you can play as both?
vertex editing or model swapping is what it is where you play as both, without a clone engine if he is over luigi they can't fight each other and they could both be on the same stage but the same moveset and animations which wouldn't look right

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm guessing Waluigi's gonna be ported since the bone adder is out, right?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Why is he being ported to Luigi? The makeups for his Red Alloy shortcomings made him an extremely balanced and HIGHLY unique character, like Wa himself.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, at least port him to a useless character, like Diddy, Olimar, or Jigglypuff.

Revven

FrankerZ
...Don't you guys get it? He said the reason he's over Luigi is because the amount of bones he has, anyone else probably either has too many bones or too short of the amount needed for him to load. It's not about "OI PUT HIM OVER X CHAR CUZ I HATE HIM".

It's a bloody new character, he's not going over Red Alloy because of limitations in the move set.

Deal with it.

GalacticMario

Smash Rookie
Hey, this Waluigi keeps freezing every time I use him! Anyone have the same problem?

EDIT: Version 0.4 (current) is what i meant

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Hey, this Waluigi keeps freezing every time I use him! Anyone have the same problem?

EDIT: Version 0.4 (current) is what i meant
If you read the very first post in this thread you'd see that the Current Waluigi's bound to freeze the game often because he's incomplete. The lists of what is known to cause the freezes are there too.

Well, at least port him to a useless character, like Diddy, Olimar, or Jigglypuff.
What Falco just said, in addition, one of the guys working on Waluigi refuses to put him over Jigglypuff because he mains Jiggly, Jiggly isn't so useless though, just because you hate it doesn't mean you'll get what you want. If YOU were working on the project and want to break the diversity of the game, you get rid of Jiggly because it's your project. I personally like Jiggly, and if you dislike Waluigi going over Luigi don't follow this thread. Luigi's not going to fade away forever JUST because Waluigi's over him. You can always remove the SD card and Luigi's back, OR just wait for the supposed clone engine to come out. Seriously, just read and quit giving the guys behind the project nonsense, they're trying to make it possible for us to use a completely new character.

GalacticMario

Smash Rookie
If you read the very first post in this thread you'd see that the Current Waluigi's bound to freeze the game often because he's incomplete. The lists of what is known to cause the freezes are there too. (end)

oh, i didn't see that, thanks for the post

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I know people will KILL me for saying this, but does Mario have the same amount of bones as Luigi? If he does, I believe it would be a better idea to replace him, instead of Luigi. Don't think I'm being selfish because I happen to really like Mario. The reason I say this is because people could then do both Luigi vs Waluigi and Wario vs Waluigi. Another reason is that most people like Luigi more than Mario. It should also be an easy switch since they are so similar, only real difference is animations (and moveset, a bit).

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I know people will KILL me for saying this, but does Mario have the same amount of bones as Luigi? If he does, I believe it would be a better idea to replace him, instead of Luigi. Don't think I'm being selfish because I happen to really like Mario. The reason I say this is because people could then do both Luigi vs Waluigi and Wario vs Waluigi. Another reason is that most people like Luigi more than Mario. It should also be an easy switch since they are so similar, only real difference is animations (and moveset, a bit).
I'm not one that's upset with that choice, but the fact Mario's shorter I THINK he'd have less bones than Luigi, but heck if he does that'd be pretty sweet. Though Mario is one of my mains, like Luigi, either is fine by me, but it's still their choice for who they're choosing Waluigi to go over.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I'm not one that's upset with that choice, but the fact Mario's shorter I THINK he'd have less bones than Luigi, but heck if he does that'd be pretty sweet. Though Mario is one of my mains, like Luigi, either is fine by me, but it's still their choice for who they're choosing Waluigi to go over.
And with that, god said "hmmm.. hope that cloning engine comes out..."

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Any progress on the new model PND?
I haven't tried to find out whats wrong yet, but it's likely the size of the file. Wiivolution doesn't get by space either.

What if we put it on the iso and not the file replacement? Would that circumvent the size limit?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
What if we put it on the iso and not the file replacement? Would that circumvent the size limit?
Maybe not since it's hardcoded into the game. At least, I think so anyway.

But please stick with the file patch. It's simpler for those of us who don't know how to play hacked game disks.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
After just aquiring Homebrew and Gecko OS some time ago, I have been using Walugi and other Assist Trophy characters a bit. I'm mostly using Waluigi, but he still has alot of freezing. I understand alot of his moves and other techniques arn't finished, but he seems to freeze more than he should... Until the awesome V.05 comes out, hopefully our wackly-little-sword character may be better than I thought.

But I do have to say is that he freezes WAAY less often than other Assist Trophy Characters, Like right here I could barely get Knuckle Joe to even go 15 seconds per match without even freezing/crashing. I would like to congratulate everyone who has worked on this project and their hard effort.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Someone should vertex hack him to look like Brawl in the Family Waluigi as a texture :p

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, this thread is definetely going dead. This project is to good for this! We are basically getting one reply per week, and it used to be almost every 10 minutes. We want Waluigi to not get forgottan, but Chibo may stop working on him if we don't act like were interested.

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
I don't know if you need it, but i have a idea for a final smash. I hope alloys can survive having a final smash...

Final Smash-Thorn Racket: Waluigi's racket gets covered in purplish thorns. Every time Waluigi attack, he will launch a thorny ball that homes in on players. Coming in contact with the ball causes it to latch on and inflict damage over time. Waluigi's racket attacks also will be more powerful, cause more knockback, and occasionally causes players to get flowers on their heads.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I vote Wall-Luigi for Final Smash.

Running as Waluigi creates a small, purple, spikey trail that follows his feet (use a texture for the wall). He also gets 1.5x faster and attacks cause flowers on heads.

manman1235

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I just got (downloaded) BrawlBox yesterday and I found a great entrance for Waluigi, I think Captain Falcon's FinalAirEnd could work with a few modifications. Also, great work Chibo, PND, and all others, Waluigi's my favorite Brawl hack EVER!

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Wow, what's been happening lately? Not as much posts here as there used to. Any progress with Waluigi v.05? Why don't you guys just make a download now and in v.06 fix the problems? Because Im really hyped up about that air swim and the bomb throwing moves.

Top Bottom