• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Very good news, I didn't know you had some good progress there PND, hit me up on AIM soon. I haven't worked on Waluigi for like a week or so (just finished class, my final was yesterday), but I was going with the route of using the bone adder to at least get him working over Red Alloy properly, then moving onto a normal character.

I was going to try and put him over Falcon since we were already working with Red Alloy before whom is based off of Falcon. Putting him over Luigi is fine though. Doesn't matter who he goes over, new character is a new character and a clone engine that works 100% will eventually be out.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That's great, Chibo. Glad to hear you 2 will once again be collaborating on the awesomeness that is Waluigi! :D

PND

Smash Champion
Had a big chat with Chibo, we got a whole bunch of stuff hammered out. As soon as I'm done with the new model he's gonna start PSA'ing while I work on a few last minute animations. So basically v1.0 is in the works. . . and will be epic.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Of course, it will. We're talking at least ONE person's new main. :)

So, will he still have that racket FAir? :)

PND

Smash Champion
Yep. And he has his custom Waluigi cyclone bair. I might need to slow it down though, looks kind of fast. Bah, details I'll sort out later.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Does the new Model have his AT animations or completely original animations? I'm getting eager with what I've just read. :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We're also planning specials now, since he can actually do them lol.

Anyone got some suggestions for a over B and down B? We've got some ideas but not sure yet. I'm pretty sure we settled on our B and up B.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I thought/ was hoping down B was a Laugh it Off counter.

For B>, I think it'd be really funny & appropriate if Waluigi stretched out his arms like an airplane and lunged sideways, similar to Ike, Pika, or Luigi's B>. If possible it should most definately result in a glide after damage, like Meta's B^.

Imagine Waluigi gliding around pretending to be an airplane, making propeller noises with his rediculous voice... XD

PND

Smash Champion
Laugh it off is probably going to be a taunt. Waluigi is Luigi's counterpart, right? Well, Luigi has a taunt that can damage and potentially kill if used as a spike. Completely contrary to that, Waluigi has a taunt that can prevent knockback and potentially avoid a kill move.

That's the logic we're discussed, but the counter is still a definite possibility.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Waluigi needs a swimming animation. Period. Side B perhaps?

And I agree 100% with the taunt idea. Now I'm getting excited. :D

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Both, actually
Win! I'm definatly hyped now! XD I loved his AT animations, I was sitting here thinking he'd have completely all new animations, now I hope the next release will have little crashes of the game, the previous one... well yeah, but the fact Waluigi's on his way! i do agree with the Laugh it off being a taunt, that could be a very good Super Armor (As cleared up earlier, just about every character has a Super Animation sweet spot capable of avoiding if timed right.

TCR I agree with you over and over about that, Waluigi HAS to have the breaststroke attack for a side B.... and it'd be cool if he could do a quick animation of cleaning his ears like in Mario Power Tennis. XD Just saying though. ^^

PND

Smash Champion
Still in progress, but yeah. He'll have bombs.

I think something relating to Mario Kart would be appropriate. I was thinking of maybe vertex hacking a green shell to be a blue shell, but I'm open to other suggestions. Fake item boxes? They really wouldn't trick anybody but could function as a land mine of sorts.

Another move I *just* thought of while posting this , I have no idea if this is possible, I'm just bouncing an idea around here.

Down B is like Metaknight's down B. . . except instead of teleporting by using his cape, he uses a Mario franchise warp pipe (It's in Luigi's intro, which means he can use it! Take that, other character choices lol)

So basically he warps in the pipe and you can control where it takes him for a limited distance and he pops out, just like Luigi's intro. The pipe itself may cause a little bit of damage. . . However. . . if you press attack, instead of just jumping out of the pipe a Piranha plant appears instead, with Waluigi jumping out afterward (with more ending lag than usual to balance it). Probably not usable in the air.

If we make that a side-B instead of a down B we could have it always go the set distance and increase the knockback of the pipe to make it a strong kill move that's REALLY hard to hit with and fairly laggy. In the air maybe we can make him bicycle kick or something.

I dunno, just a random thought I had. I'll need something familiar with PSA to comment on whether or not that's possible.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Okay, that Down B sounds so tight! But question, where are you going to get the Piranha plant from? And Blue Shell sounds pretty cool too! Though forgive me if I'm asking you too many questions.

PND

Smash Champion
If we use it, probably from model importing it or vertex hacking some other item (Lip's stick?) to look like a Piranha plant.

EDIT: And don't worry about asking questions lol. I don't mind answering them at all.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Oh, cool, I never thought about the lipstick, it's the closets thing though.

Ah, just making sure, but overall just getting more amped, and Waluigi swimming recovery, Brilliant!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that pipe move sounds pretty complicated :/

i cant think of a feasible way to have an animation of him jumping in the pipe and coming out of it to make it either look appropriate or not be a way too slow completely useless punishable move

when u get the model hex'd lemme know and send it over so i can add it in. also the code (in txt form) for the clone engine would be awesome :)

im gonna start working on the CSPs and stuff now.

edit: when waluigi is activated from the clone engine, will he have his own CBP or will he still share luigis? like how zamus has her own CBP but her and samus still share the CSP... sort of

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Double Post cause this is amazing

Just finished the new CSPs and stuff, got it flawless on the first try

Here's the new base CSP

I even made a new select icon. This is also convenient for putting with Luigi for how I can write the name so I don't have to squish it in. I might tweak this later, the "WA" looks a little big to me, but waluigi deserves some screen realestate id say lol

Even more! CSPs for all costumes are ready!

such as...

Right now it's just Waluigi's default costume for everything. When we choose which official costumes we will use it will be updated accordingly.

But hey, what about custom Luigi CSPs? Everyone's gotta have a Mr. L on there!

Mr. W maybe coming soon???

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
All of this amazing CSS work really gets me even more excited for Waluigi. Question - If I choose not to use the Clone Engine, can I still use just Waluigi at the expense of Luigi? Forgive me if that sounds stupid.

WA-LUIGI is pretty dang clever. :D

Personally, if Waluigi uses a new model, I think his CSP should reflect that too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Afaik the model is the same, but I haven't used it yet

why wouldn't you use the clone engine? thats just willingly taking luigi out of the game lol

but yea i suppose u can

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Afaik the model is the same, but I haven't used it yet

why wouldn't you use the clone engine? thats just willingly taking luigi out of the game lol

but yea i suppose u can
The Clone Engine is too complex for me, that's all.

And what do you mean, the same?

Besides, when I want to play Luigi, I can do so without hacks.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
that CSS work is awesome. just one thing, for the next version (when it comes out) could there be 2 folders for the CSS? One for the CSS with waluigi and luigi and one for just waluigi. since the cloning engine is a bit complex for me, as well. :psycho:

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
wait we will have to do the clone engine ourselves? i dont think i could do it haha maybe have it in the download?
Also, when you say new model your not using the AT model? so will you make the new model look brawlish?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
that CSS work is awesome. just one thing, for the next version (when it comes out) could there be 2 folders for the CSS? One for the CSS with waluigi and luigi and one for just waluigi. since the cloning engine is a bit complex for me, as well. :psycho:
Maybe they can premake it for us since they seem to understand it. For me, it doesn't matter, because I just want to play Wa.

Glad I'm not the only one...

PND

Smash Champion
1) I've already pre-made the clone engine code. When we release Waluigi we'll put the GCT file up for download as well. The GCT will feature file replacement (textures and music). . .and probably infinite replays, tags in replays, unrestricted pause camera, and default settings set to 3 stock w/ team attack instead of 2 minute time matches. Why? Because that's the codeset *I* use lmao. I'll also release the code itself for those who just wish to patch it in with their current code set.
2) The new model IS the AT model.

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, the OLD model was the one that went over the alloy. The NEW model is the one that goes over Luigi -- I had to start from scratch again to get it working.

IMPORTANT!!​
Before the release happens we need to figure out which 6 costumes are going to be the "official" costumes.

The default costume is a must.
We need at least 1 Red costume for Red team
We need at least 1 Green costume for Green team
We need at least 1 Blue costume for Blue team

Check out THIS POST and vote on which colors / textures should be included in our "official" release.

The other costumes will go up for download later.

NOTE: Chibo and I will have final say in any costume related decision if need be.

Top Bottom