• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unlocked - oh boy...

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
Can someone whip up a quick video of dream team luigi in action? I want to see if it looks more than just a simple outline.
It doesn't. The outline looks amazing though . I stays around the perimeter of the model in 2D space despite the position Luigi is in, and it even gives him closed eyes!

Last edited:

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Haven't Posted here in awhile...

This is a personal project and is not official in any way

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
These costumes rock,I love unorthodox costumes that step away from the ordinary and expected.I ought to download these sometime.
@TOCK,have you talked to the other PM devs about making some of these official?Quick-Draw Meta Knight and Wii ROB seem like good fits.

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised Quick-draw Meta Knight and Wii ROB (best costume!) didn't make it in 3.5.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering the same. Being on the PMDT, how much work is it to incorporate one of your costumes into the official PM?

I'm totally getting Quick-draw Metaknight. You're an amazing artist!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Haven't Posted here in awhile...

This is a personal project and is not official in any way

You sir make some awesome alts. Its a shame he wasn't an alt char for DK in Smash4 like Alph and the Koopalings

Last edited:

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
These costumes rock,I love unorthodox costumes that step away from the ordinary and expected.I ought to download these sometime.
@TOCK,have you talked to the other PM devs about making some of these official?Quick-Draw Meta Knight and Wii ROB seem like good fits.
I'm surprised Quick-draw Meta Knight and Wii ROB (best costume!) didn't make it in 3.5.
I'm wondering the same. Being on the PMDT, how much work is it to incorporate one of your costumes into the official PM?

I'm totally getting Quick-draw Metaknight. You're an amazing artist!
The last thing I wanted to do when working with the dev team artist was push my work on them immediately. 3.5 is out now and the creative process is basically resetting. Who knows what the future holds.

You sir make some awesome alts. Its a shame he wasn't an alt char for DK in Smash4 like Alph and the Koopalings
That is literally the best Funky Kong I've ever seen. Please do the world a favor and post him on Brawl Vault.
Thanks everyone. Funky Kong should be out very soon.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The last thing I wanted to do when working with the dev team artist was push my work on them immediately. 3.5 is out now and the creative process is basically resetting. Who knows what the future holds.
Very good point.I didn't think of that.Plus they may have reservations on some of them,due to the general criteria they (used to) have.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I feel silly asking this, but I've never used a custom skin before, and looking around doesn't seem to help. How do I install the new costumes? I see the .pac files in the pf\fighter folder, but the files I downloaded include a .pac, a .brres, and png files. One video told me to move the .pac and .pcs files to the folder, but there is no .pcs file. Can someone help me, please?

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
I feel silly asking this, but I've never used a custom skin before, and looking around doesn't seem to help. How do I install the new costumes? I see the .pac files in the pf\fighter folder, but the files I downloaded include a .pac, a .brres, and png files. One video told me to move the .pac and .pcs files to the folder, but there is no .pcs file. Can someone help me, please?
Which Costume? they should all have a PCS or I made a mistake and didn't include, in that case I will personally give it to you.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Just posting to say that your Quick Draw MK and Wii ROB should definitely be in the next version of PM. The demand is totally there.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame Dedede already has 9 costumes, once I get cBliss set up again, I'm going to be torn between your Dedede and a masked one. I'll probably replace his desaturated costume, actually, so I can have both.

Definitely going to be using the MK and ROB skins, though.

Both James McCloud and Quickdraw Metaknight are like that. I downloaded them from your website if that explains anything.
It's actually pretty easy to make the pcs yourself. Just open the pac in brawlbox, and hit save as, and select pcs as the file type.
Works the other way around, too.

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Okay so my eyes lied to me and I have a .pcs. Thanks!
But what am I supposed to do with the .brres and png files? Also If i wanted to change the costume that it replaces, can I just rename the .pcs to a different number?

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Thats ok. My eyes flat out hate me all the time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmbf9bnxxahf8bb/Howto.zip

here is a link to an old guide I made It is not made for metaknight but you should be able to figure it out through the same process.
I may still have a metaknight one If I find it I'll upload it.

I know there is somekinda program that makes this process a lot easier. If you know about it and are reading this feel free to help him. Good luck!

EDIT: yeah my costumes dont come with .pac files I dont really know what i was thinking when i did that. But you duplicate the .PCS and name it .PAC for a sloppy quick fix or you can Save it as a .Pair in brawlbox and it produce both.

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I found BrawlBox v0.70 from the Help and support forums, so I've been using that. Thanks, though!

However, going through Tock's instructions, I'm trying to replace my Results Screen image, but I can't find MenSelchrFaceB066.brres (James McCloud), though I do have InfFace066.brres

The Menu .brres files seem to have much more data than the InfFace .brres files, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. Does someone have MenSelchrFaceB066.brres (James McCloud) and MenSelchrFaceB216.brres (Quickdraw Metaknight) that I can use?

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I found BrawlBox v0.70 from the Help and support forums, so I've been using that. Thanks, though!

However, going through Tock's instructions, I'm trying to replace my Results Screen image, but I can't find MenSelchrFaceB066.brres (James McCloud), though I do have InfFace066.brres

The Menu .brres files seem to have much more data than the InfFace .brres files, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. Does someone have MenSelchrFaceB066.brres (James McCloud) and MenSelchrFaceB216.brres (Quickdraw Metaknight) that I can use?
I think you can just open those files in BrawlBox( that is,that belong to the default costume you are overwriting ).
Example,if you are replacing Pink MetaKnight,find tat costume's files in those respective locations( you'll tell by the pic ).
Then replace with the new image you want.
If you do not have a corresponding image reuse the image you used for the the costume CSS poses.

I have a problem of my own.I've replaced Red & White Ness with Ninten,and have replaced everything.I even found the stock icon in Menu - Common - StockFaceTex.brres for this costume and replaced.Yet somehow,in the results screen,for KO records,his face shows up as a red and black Ness.Are there two stock icon files or something,and I only replaced one?

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Ah okay I see what you mean. Just use the MenSelchrFaceB060.brres, since that accounts for all of the Fox costumes. Awesome, thanks.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I think you can just open those files in BrawlBox( that is,that belong to the default costume you are overwriting ).
Example,if you are replacing Pink MetaKnight,find tat costume's files in those respective locations( you'll tell by the pic ).
Then replace with the new image you want.
If you do not have a corresponding image reuse the image you used for the the costume CSS poses.

I have a problem of my own.I've replaced Red & White Ness with Ninten,and have replaced everything.I even found the stock icon in Menu - Common - StockFaceTex.brres for this costume and replaced.Yet somehow,in the results screen,for KO records,his face shows up as a red and black Ness.Are there two stock icon files or something,and I only replaced one?
The results screen is a stage in which it has all the stock icons. I am pretty sure you have open the stage and replace the stock icons in there.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The results screen is a stage in which it has all the stock icons. I am pretty sure you have open the stage and replace the stock icons in there.
Thanks,you were right.Works perfect now.Hacking is so annoying,I never would have thought of that if it weren't for you.Probably wouldn't have thought to look there and even if I did I probably wouldn't have preserved enough to find them,since they're just in some random folder.Thanks a dozen.:)

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
You
are
A GOD!!

I eagerly await the revive of Brawlvault, and thus, your costumes! Will you, by chance, fix the whole metal thing, or update Pirateland Yoshi's egg-throw? Normally I'd do it, but I cannae find a guide on how.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
You
are
A GOD!!

I eagerly await the revive of Brawlvault, and thus, your costumes! Will you, by chance, fix the whole metal thing, or update Pirateland Yoshi's egg-throw? Normally I'd do it, but I cannae find a guide on how.
I pretty sure pirate land yoshi should use his Star egg pattern for throws now in 3.5 only.
It shoudl be reading it from the file. But I havent played it on 3.5 myself. Can anyone confirm if it works?

I may fix the metals on my older costumes from this point on all the metals will be on every costume I make.

KCMM is holding funky back!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I pretty sure pirate land yoshi should use his Star egg pattern for throws now in 3.5 only.
It shoudl be reading it from the file. But I havent played it on 3.5 myself. Can anyone confirm if it works?

I may fix the metals on my older costumes from this point on all the metals will be on every costume I make.

It didn't work for me, instead of using the texture of the egg, it just used a random texture, at times, from another player, at other times, from the stage.

Oh my gosh I just helped Tock Knock I feel so powerful like a god or something now life is perfect.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

IT IS UP!! HALLELUJAH!!

Wait - nope, never mind, it was five minutes ago.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I would pay real money for a Squigly skin. If only Squigly was afilliated with nintendo. :cry::cry::cry:

Unless your willing to make one. The I would be happy:dr-_-::drfacepalm::dr-_-::drfacepalm::drflip:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I can't think of any character that'd work with Squigly... Zero Suit Samus has her whip, i guess.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Top Bottom