• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unlocked - oh boy...

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Digging Ninten, I'm just curious as to why he has the glowing eyes...

Personally looks better with just the Black, but that might just be me.
Yeah, the glowing eyes are a bit strange at first, I hope they grow on you though. :p

It was a creative liberty I took to make him more distinct and fun from the original ness.

The original idea was to have ninten's hat very low and close to his eyes like this sprite.

Overall it was very boring looking. So I raised it up a bit and added glowing eyes to exaggerate the influence of the brim's shadow.

I'm glad you're enjoying it and
I appreciate any input though. Thank you.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I absolutely love the Quickdraw Series.

The petals, like everyone else said, are an amazing touch to an amazing costume.

And then Dedede with his sweet hammer and his sweet mustache are just fantastic. I will gladly put these in my costumes.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I love the white controller thing man, keep going with cool lil updates like that! and maybe add HD 64 skins if u can!

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Do these still work on 3.0?

Also, are there any other additional steps to be taken in order to adjust to 3.0s new format (if there even is one?).

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
All the costumes have the portraits that match 3.0

Installation is the same as always the files are just located in the new "projectm" folder.

sorry that i dont have guides up right now : (

210stuna

Smash Lord
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

EDIT: Stages are coming next?! I think I just died of happiness right now, I can envision something so well done by you, all I'm waiting for is it to come to life on my computer, and then the game!

Bless you Tock Knock

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The Wii R.O.B. is nice, but you lost me at "Pay me to unlock my work based upon someone else's creation in a game that you can't make money producing because the intellectual property belongs to Nintendo and no one else." :(

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
What is the minimum payment requirement?

The donation requirement is anything. 1 cent, 1 dollar, a half penny, a slice of pizza.

The Wii R.O.B. is nice, but you lost me with the "Donate to unlock it."
thanks for the feedback. I don't mean for it to be distasteful to the modding community and if it came off that way I apologize.

A lot of my free time is spent working on this blog.
I thought this would add to the experience of this blog for me and users. Making some content more exclusive to have.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The donation requirement is anything. 1 cent, 1 dollar, a half penny, a slice of pizza.

thanks for the feedback. I don't mean for it to be distasteful to the modding community and if it came off that way I apologize.

A lot of my free time is spent working on this blog.
I thought this would add to the experience of this blog for me and users. Making some content more exclusive to have.
It just seems a little...crappy to me, to charge for individual items who's intellectual property doesn't belong to the public. Not to mention the while unlikely but possible chances of legal action for using Nintendo's characters for-profit.

If it were me, I'd set up a premium page where only people who have donated can access. Then you're rewarding people for donating, but at the same time not seeming like you're selling things which don't technically "belong" to you.

Edit: Additionally, having the Project M name and having pay to obtain material does not reflect well on Project M. You'd probably be better off changing the name of the page if you keep the donate to unlock thing.

Steelia

Smash Champion
mm, isn't asking people to pay for costumes and such illegal? Having a Donations button (without it being a requirement for content) is totally fine. But I'm pretty sure asking that people pay for copyrighted material is a no-no, even for pocket change.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
mm, isn't asking people to pay for costumes and such illegal? Having a Donations button (without it being a requirement for content) is totally fine. But I'm pretty sure asking that people pay for copyrighted material is a no-no, even for pocket change.
It just seems a little...crappy to me, to charge for individual items who's intellectual property doesn't belong to the public. Not to mention the while unlikely but possible chances of legal action for using Nintendo's characters for-profit.

If it were me, I'd set up a premium page where only people who have donated can access. Then you're rewarding people for donating, but at the same time not seeming like you're selling things which don't technically "belong" to you.

Edit: Additionally, having the Project M name and having pay to obtain material does not reflect well on Project M. You'd probably be better off changing the name of the page if you keep the donate to unlock thing.

Some good points here.

Thank you guys for shedding some light on this.

I'm gonna change this immediately. At least take down the mention of donations to obtain wii rob for now.
Until I can think of something else. :)

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I just got to see the Dream Team Luigi alt. How come you didn't announce that here?, It's gorgeous, ergonomic, and it matches that lovely bubbly tone of Dream Team! (lovin the striped socks on it too)

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I love that wii Rob, really great idea!

I love the white controller graphic! A really nice touch
Just so you know, replacing the white controller graphic with the purple one doesn't replace the purple GC controller in the pause screen.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Paying for costumes? :c That's not the way it's meant to work.
Don't worry this isn't the case anymore. You'll all get your Wii R.O.B.s!!!

I love that wii Rob, really great idea!

I love the white controller graphic! A really nice touch
Just so you know, replacing the white controller graphic with the purple one doesn't replace the purple GC controller in the pause screen.
I'm aware. Thanks for bringing it up though.

In the full version of project m unlocked all the controllers will be white!

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I'm the kinda guy who's always trolling for well-made costumes and yours are just terrific so I'd gladly pay for your work Tock. Usually I'm kinda stingy but brawl modding is one of the few joys I can still take part in video game-wise and I really want to see you fill up all those slots with awesome costumes!!

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
How do I install the Ditto portrait?

Edit: Or any of the portraits for that matter?

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, when will you be releasing that Lucario? It looks so sick.

Sometime soon next year with the full release of my build. That will be the only way to obtain him. There is a lot of extra "stuff" going into that costume and I hope you stay tuned for the release!

Hey, Is there a timeframe on fixing Wii R.O.B?
Yes he was supposed to be out earlier but the holiday season has delayed him. Along with other things:rolleyes:
Sorry you had to wait so long from the moment you laid eyes on it. It should be done by the 25th!

How do I install the Ditto portrait?

Edit: Or any of the portraits for that matter?
you have to know how to use brawlbox.

I also uploaded a guide for you on installing Pikmin Suit Falcon. You can use this as a reference on how to install characters and portraits.
Because generally installing all character mods are the same.

Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmbf9bnxxahf8bb/Howto.zip

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Sometime soon next year with the full release of my build. That will be the only way to obtain him. There is a lot of extra "stuff" going into that costume and I hope you stay tuned for the release!
You know I'm gonna stick around, your work is amazing.

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
Great thanks for the link.

I'm currently trying to add the Ditto portrait for the Random Select. I've found the character slot icon (MenSelchrChrFace.051) but am stuck trying to find where to put MenSelchrFaceB.501 (the larger portrait for when Random is selected).

Also Tock, you mention in your guide in regards to setting up results screen portraits that there's a file called MenSelchrFaceB090.brres provided in the folder for the Pikmin Falcon costume. I cannot find this file anywhere, nor can I find the corresponding files in your other respective costume packs.
I feel like I'm missing something here.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Great thanks for the link.

I'm currently trying to add the Ditto portrait for the Random Select. I've found the character slot icon (MenSelchrChrFace.051) but am stuck trying to find where to put MenSelchrFaceB.501 (the larger portrait for when Random is selected).

Also Tock, you mention in your guide in regards to setting up results screen portraits that there's a file called MenSelchrFaceB090.brres provided in the folder for the Pikmin Falcon costume. I cannot find this file anywhere, nor can I find the corresponding files in your other respective costume packs.
I feel like I'm missing something here.

With enough searching you will find it in the comman5.pac it is not with the rest of the character portraits though. I can't remember off the top of my head.

I took out the .brres files from the zips. Because In Project M 3.0 most of the the character's .brres are on the SD card. I'm sorry for the in convenience I'm still trying to establish a better tutorial method system.

All the characters .brres can be found here in case it is not already on your SD card.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/AVY5Lr0r-2/menu/common/char_bust_tex

Hope this helps

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Is anyone else having any problems with Quickdraw Metaknight???
Any time I try to use him the game freezes! Whyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the delay you guys. I've been real busy. I finally completed everything that I fully intended for this mod.
Plus he should be Lagless! ENJOY
SCREENSHOTS V V V

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Awesome work, but I'm running into an issue with El Globo, I was wondering if you'd have any idea what's going on here. I've tried installing over several different slots (including the default of 02), but I get this every time. Any ideas?

Top Bottom