• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
But it s
That's suppose to happen because of balancing
Pichus advantage because he gets damaged from all electric attacks
Also this also makes him a viable choice instead of only playing pikachu
But it seems as if it's an unadvantage cause it's like 3 or 4 seconds I suggest shortening it and making it a slight bit more powerful

Rage83

Smash Ace
That's suppose to happen because of balancing
Pichus advantage because he gets damaged from all electric attacks
Also this also makes him a viable choice instead of only playing pikachu
Instead of making his/her hits essentially freeze characters, why not actually buff the damage and knockback in Pichu's moves and heavily tone down the self damage? That way, Pichu is strong, but still has to deal with the issues that come with being even smaller(and slightly lighter) than pikachu, but makes up for it by being a powerhouse as well?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I know I don't run the project, and am not involved in it at all, but it's good to hear that this is being revived, and I'd like to make a suggestion that you guys limit your character requests to one, or just hold off on them in general. Let the guy take his time working on the characters he already has planned so that he's not stressed out by the thread being 90% requests. I know I'd be kind of annoyed if the thread was just requests for characters and not feedback; it must be what it's like being Sakurai.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I know I don't run the project, and am not involved in it at all, but it's good to hear that this is being revived, and I'd like to make a suggestion that you guys limit your character requests to one, or just hold off on them in general. Let the guy take his time working on the characters he already has planned so that he's not stressed out by the thread being 90% requests. I know I'd be kind of annoyed if the thread was just requests for characters and not feedback; it must be what it's like being Sakurai.
yeah im only taking 1 requests at a time now so i can actually keep up with this instead of having like 90 characters launnched at me and i dont know wtf is happening

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Instead of making his/her hits essentially freeze characters, why not actually buff the damage and knockback in Pichu's moves and heavily tone down the self damage? That way, Pichu is strong, but still has to deal with the issues that come with being even smaller(and slightly lighter) than pikachu, but makes up for it by being a powerhouse as well?
i wouldnt want to do this because according to the pkmn show pichu doesnt hit harder than pikachu

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
i wouldnt want to do this because according to the pkmn show pichu doesnt hit harder than pikachu
For as much as I like the Pokemon Anime, it doesn't help us out with Pichu to hold it as a holy guidebook. Yes, Pichu can hurt itself slightly. Yes Pichu is very light and defensively weak. No, Pichu is not simply a weaker Pikachu (which would utterly defeat the purpose of adding one of my favorite pokemon anyway).

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
For as much as I like the Pokemon Anime, it doesn't help us out with Pichu to hold it as a holy guidebook. Yes, Pichu can hurt itself slightly. Yes Pichu is very light and defensively weak. No, Pichu is not simply a weaker Pikachu (which would utterly defeat the purpose of adding one of my favorite pokemon anyway).
ik pichu isnt simply a weaker pikachu i love pichu and its been my favorite pokemon since forever

Last edited:

Wargod691

Smash Rookie
Hi just wondering if the Link in the original post has the most updated files, it seems like a few things are missing from it according to your website and the stuff that has been mentioned in this thread.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Hi just wondering if the Link in the original post has the most updated files, it seems like a few things are missing from it according to your website and the stuff that has been mentioned in this thread.
Yeah the new thing that says beta one is the newest with a bunch of fixes

Last edited:

Akechi123

Smash Rookie
Sorry For all of my character Requests, I forgot to put attach the wristband to contain the hype :p

As long as the bugs are fixed on Waluigi, Shadow, and Ridley (particularly about their voice), new characters are added, and Pichu is made stronger (due to common request) I think this mod would be pretty golden. When do you think this update would be released.

What??? There is a chance Shadow may not be in it? Oh no! He is what brought me to this mod, we need him! :'(

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
So what will you do after balancing all the characters/Pichu?
I will attempt to figure out how to make a new gameplay mode after I've added in and balanced characters
I'm hoping to figure out taunt battles from ssbm and put it into project m

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
A also shadow is being readded
Updated starting next week will be once a week on sundays

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
Could you add Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Will all the previous Unbound newcomers be coming back?

Also, will these new characters have Project M physics?

And, what about the Stage Expansion Code?

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Okie dokie! So I made a huge list of tweaks to a lot of Pichu's attributes, physical attacks, and Side-B move respectively! A lot of projectile and B-move properties I have yet to learn, so I haven't modified those. I did a ton of tweaking to make him more balanced, while also keeping the same feel of the previous build by jasgx. I kept a lot of core mechanics and concepts of his work, and did some timing and animation tweaks as well. Hopefully this can help you out progress with this mod jasgx. This is what I modified so far:

*Was able to add dash-dancing, but it would not function properly due to the dash moving into a walk instead of a run (couldn't fix, so it was left out of this build).
*Modified all attributes of his character! He now has less friction, weight, and shorthop height. He has more vertical height from a fullhop, higher gravity, and faster falling speed.
*Slightly increased landing lag of all Pichu's aerials.
*Dair is now a Multi-Hit move with a finishing spike! Reduced size of landing hitbox dramatically, slightly reduced size of on-body hitboxes during multi-hit. Deals 7% to self (6% without the landing animation).
*Fair no longer accelerates. Is a multi-hit move with a finishing hit that sends opponents at a decent angle. Deals 4% to self.
*Uair timings sped up, drastically reduced size of hitboxes and the angle they send at.
*Bair has multiple hits over a 30 frame course with no flub hitboxes. Has less power than sweetspot Nair, but sends at a better angle. Hitbox is assigned to Pichu's Foot, Torso, and Head respectively. No longer goes on forever when holding A. Has IASA frames past 30. Has dramatically faster startup time!
*Nair power drastically reduced. Knockback growth increased, and made the sourspot similar in strength. No longer has IASA frames before landing from a shorthop. Added Pikachu sound effect for Nair.
*Ftilt hitboxes restructured! Range reduced, but overall size of hitboxes increased. Base knockback increased dramatically. IASA frames added after hitboxes come out.
*Utilt hitboxes reduced in size, but given slightly more range. Has no flub box on center, and all send above and slightly in front of Pichu. Base Knockback increased, but Knockback Growth decreased.
*Dtilt now pops enemies in the air. Tip of tail sends downwards, all hitbox sizes reduced.
*All grabs have 20% less endlag.
*Side-B Base Knockback decreased, now moves slightly down mid-flight. Startup animation increased by over 50%.
*Removed looping, broken, or unnecessary sound effects (like down-tilt creating an endless monotone noise).
*Tweaked USmash so the back of his head connects, as well as increasing the overall power of the move. Decreased startup time of move.
*Tweaked DSmash so it has a much stronger base power and a better angle while over 50%.
*Tweaked FSmash to deal 4% to self, and have a slightly larger hitbox that fits the animation. Power increased significantly!
*Increased Size of Jab hitbox, but decreased range.

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_aaQX0aamOc0tpMGR4RUlHdzA/edit?usp=sharing

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
Okie dokie! So I made a huge list of tweaks to a lot of Pichu's attributes, physical attacks, and Side-B move respectively! A lot of projectile and B-move properties I have yet to learn, so I haven't modified those. I did a ton of tweaking to make him more balanced, while also keeping the same feel of the previous build by jasgx. I kept a lot of core mechanics and concepts of his work, and did some timing and animation tweaks as well. Hopefully this can help you out progress with this mod jasgx. This is what I modified so far:

*Was able to add dash-dancing, but it would not function properly due to the dash moving into a walk instead of a run (couldn't fix, so it was left out of this build).
*Modified all attributes of his character! He now has less friction, weight, and shorthop height. He has more vertical height from a fullhop, higher gravity, and faster falling speed.
*Dair is now a Multi-Hit move with a finishing spike! Reduced size of landing hitbox dramatically, slightly reduced size of on-body hitboxes during multi-hit. Deals 7% to self (6% without the landing animation).
*Fair no longer accelerates. Is a multi-hit move with a finishing hit that sends opponents at a decent angle. Deals 4% to self.
*Uair timings sped up, drastically reduced size of hitboxes and the angle they send at.
*Bair has multiple hits over a 30 frame course with no flub hitboxes. Has less power than sweetspot Nair, but sends at a better angle. Hitbox is assigned to Pichu's Foot, Torso, and Head respectively. No longer goes on forever when holding A. Has IASA frames past 30. Has dramatically faster startup time!
*Nair power drastically reduced. Knockback growth increased, and made the sourspot similar in strength. No longer has IASA frames before landing from a shorthop. Added Pikachu sound effect for Nair.
*Ftilt hitboxes restructured! Range reduced, but overall size of hitboxes increased. Base knockback increased dramatically. IASA frames added after hitboxes come out.
*Utilt hitboxes reduced in size, but given slightly more range. Has no flub box on center, and all send above and slightly in front of Pichu. Base Knockback increased, but Knockback Growth decreased.
*Dtilt now pops enemies in the air. Tip of tail sends downwards, all hitbox sizes reduced.
*Side-B Base Knockback decreased, now moves slightly down mid-flight. Startup animation increased by over 50%.
*Removed looping, broken, or unnecessary sound effects (like down-tilt creating an endless monotone noise).
*Tweaked USmash so the back of his head connects, as well as increasing the overall power of the move. Decreased startup time of move.
*Tweaked DSmash so it has a much stronger base power and a better angle while over 50%.
*Tweaked FSmash to deal 4% to self, and have a slightly larger hitbox that fits the animation. Power increased significantly!

Download Link:
Dude! You create/modify PSAs!? This is just what Unbound needed.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Dude! You create/modify PSAs!? This is just what Unbound needed.
Yeah I've been trying to get your guy's attention for a couple of days now, so I decided to spend 10 hours working on my own Pichu version! I'm also a professional smash player (maybe top 25 in SoCal?). I'd love to hop into the team if there's room! Also constructive criticism for the changes I made would be helpful, I'm still kind of a newbie to PSA and BrawlBox ^-^

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've been trying to get your guy's attention for a couple of days now, so I decided to spend 10 hours working on my own Pichu version! I'm also a professional smash player (maybe top 25 in SoCal?). I'd love to hop into the team if there's room! Also constructive criticism for the changes I made would be helpful, I'm still kind of a newbie to PSA and BrawlBox ^-^
Besides Jasgx and myself. There's no one on the team.....

Jasgx please just

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I think I will re apply to this since it seems more organised than before, may I?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032

Download Link:
Thx I will use this
How bout u help me with psa :)

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Ty for this
I will be testing this

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Thx I will use this
How bout u help me with psa :)
Certainly. I'll be learning as I go along, so I'll do some research on B moves next. I'd love a list of attributes for PSA if you have one, my list is more complete than vanilla, but missing a ton still. Just PM me some stuff to experiment with and I'll do my best. Still wish I could get dash dancing to work however...

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Certainly. I'll be learning as I go along, so I'll do some research on B moves next. I'd love a list of attributes for PSA if you have one, my list is more complete than vanilla, but missing a ton still. Just PM me some stuff to experiment with and I'll do my best. Still wish I could get dash dancing to work however...
Ty

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
Ya this is what needed to happen

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
If you can fix PSAs you got a lot of work ahead. The shadow was waluigi psas we previously had could have used a lot of editing

Akechi123

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I don't have the first clue when it comes to modding, and I'm actually pretty garbage at competitive ssb, but would I be able to get on the team as a play tester? I would love to be able to help get this mod moving along as quickly and efficiently as possible :D

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I don't have the first clue when it comes to modding, and I'm actually pretty garbage at competitive ssb, but would I be able to get on the team as a play tester? I would love to be able to help get this mod moving along as quickly and efficiently as possible :D
Any way you can share a video of yourself playing?

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
what does lucinas side b and down b do jesus christ
Lucy's down special is a quick dash (pretty useless)
And her side special is something? The you either press : special, up special, or down special after.

Top Bottom