• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
umm in the root of the sd card you need smash stack and gecko os

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
ah then i don't know i have never hacked my wii.

Edit: in the root of your sd card you need a folder called "apps"

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I didn't choose the hackless version. I just want to know how to get the current hacked version working.
It should work when you drag it all to the root of your SD, I've tested it and had no issues with it. What exactly isn't working? And if there is an issue, it should be resolved by this Sunday

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
To work hacked put the folders in the root of the sd
U must load the hook type as axnextframe and turn ocarina codes on and u should be good

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Yeah...... had everything and it crashed looks like i have to wait...

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Yeah...... had everything and it crashed looks like i have to wait...
I'll actually try this out, since it was working just fine for me last time I downloaded it. I don't recall if Jasgx reuploaded his 0.1 build, so I'll go ahead and see.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
OK guys, just a quick update:

We're currently discussing the scheduled release of the project (July 6, 2014), since the initial date will not work with my schedule. Currently, I am the major PSA editor of the team, and it's my responsibility to polish and balance all the characters introduced into this mod. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for a 1 1/2 week vacation to Northern California, and will not be able to balance and polish Lucina. She is in good condition as of now, but a lot of necessary tweaking would be needed to make her a viable member of the cast, and a unique part of this mod. We are working out the details for her inclusion into this patch, but I firmly believe the next update will still be released this Sunday. Until we get an official announcement from Jasgx, don't hold your breath and be disappointed if she does not make an appearance this next build. However, Pichu is complete and very viable for competitive play; but needs play testing. If you guys notice any severe bugs or exploits, be sure to report back to this forum page! Again, I'd like to thank you guys for the support, and hope you all enjoy this next update! Take Care!!!

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I'm releasing a beta today with the fixed pichu
It should be around 6pm

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Sry or to upload tomorrow
My mom is making me go to the city

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
k uploading now
hackless will come out with lucina :)
we need to w8 for our psaer to come back so we can edit lucina see u then :)

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Haven't been following this project in awhile but just recently downloaded your new build and here are my initial thoughts.

- Although some alternate costumes are missing, I'm assuming there's a good reason why you had to remove them for now although it would be great to get them back some time soon. But from your past builds, things already look much more polished.

-Some costumes and character portraits are not lined up correctly (most notably Doctor Mario is Green Mario), while some costumes freeze. I didn't play much but two were Dark Fox and Gold Roy costumes. Hopefully these issues can be fixed.

-Normal Characters do work like in vanilla project m which is a very good thing because in past builds they had a few shortcomings and problems.

-On to Project M's characters, Mewtwo and Roy have some sounds effect issues. Mewtwo not having much problems, but Roy has no sound effects at all which can hopefully be fixed. Both have their normal Project M physics, so dash-dancing and wavedashing are still good with no problems. However, just on Mewtwo and Roy, they still have an L-Cancelling issue. Sometimes it would work, but most of the time they didn't function properly and hopefully this could be fixed as well. But still, they work mostly and that's good!

-Finally my favorite part surprisingly, was Pichu (as a pichu fan in melee, long live pichu). In the past builds, the added characters felt very Brawl-esque which did not sit well with me. But in this build Pichu feels right at home with the rest of the cast. He has his own wavedash, dash-dance, and l-cancel which all work perfectly on Pichu. The models are also good quality but there are some issues with his feet. But all in all Pichu is very, very good and despite being only one added character instead of the past 5, Pichu is much, muuuch more polished which is very important. Job well done.

Well that's it. Nice work on this current build. Hopefully some issues can be fixed, but right now this build is very good and can't wait to see how it continues.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Haven't been following this project in awhile but just recently downloaded your new build and here are my initial thoughts.

- Although some alternate costumes are missing, I'm assuming there's a good reason why you had to remove them for now although it would be great to get them back some time soon. But from your past builds, things already look much more polished.

-Some costumes and character portraits are not lined up correctly (most notably Doctor Mario is Green Mario), while some costumes freeze. I didn't play much but two were Dark Fox and Gold Roy costumes. Hopefully these issues can be fixed.

-Normal Characters do work like in vanilla project m which is a very good thing because in past builds they had a few shortcomings and problems.

-On to Project M's characters, Mewtwo and Roy have some sounds effect issues. Mewtwo not having much problems, but Roy has no sound effects at all which can hopefully be fixed. Both have their normal Project M physics, so dash-dancing and wavedashing are still good with no problems. However, just on Mewtwo and Roy, they still have an L-Cancelling issue. Sometimes it would work, but most of the time they didn't function properly and hopefully this could be fixed as well. But still, they work mostly and that's good!

-Finally my favorite part surprisingly, was Pichu (as a pichu fan in melee, long live pichu). In the past builds, the added characters felt very Brawl-esque which did not sit well with me. But in this build Pichu feels right at home with the rest of the cast. He has his own wavedash, dash-dance, and l-cancel which all work perfectly on Pichu. The models are also good quality but there are some issues with his feet. But all in all Pichu is very, very good and despite being only one added character instead of the past 5, Pichu is much, muuuch more polished which is very important. Job well done.

Well that's it. Nice work on this current build. Hopefully some issues can be fixed, but right now this build is very good and can't wait to see how it continues.
Pichu is credited all to our psaer
Smashamass

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640

Turns out I got some working internet after all! YAY! so I'll be on once in a blue moon to check the feedback and reply to any concerns you might have. Anywho, let me help you out an answer to some of your concerns:

1: Alternate costumes are not handeled by me specifically, although we may be able to implement them back into a future build. I'll speak with Jasgx about that.

2: All of the vanilla characters in P:M should be working without any issues, so glad to hear that's working out for ya!

3: Regarding the sound effects, that was on my part, and this build was actually unfinished. In an earlier post, I had to run off to a vacation and couldn't work on the rest of the sound effects. The effects will be garunteed finished by next build, but we had to figure a new way to use sound effects in BrawlEX due to EX characters not being able to load sound registries outside their clone counterparts (Basically, that's why PMBR said only 5 new characters max). It's complicated, but it'll get done soon, so be patient!

4: THANKS!!! Actually that means a lot to me, I worked a good deal of time getting that sucker polished! I will be sure to give Lucina the same treatment after I return. If you have any issues be sure to report! Also balancing is a big issue, so be sure to report that!

Again, everything will be refined and polished in this next build, so stay tight guys! I'm looking forward to returning, but for now, I'm just enjoying the forest life with my meat & guns! See ya'll soon!

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Turns out I got some working internet after all! YAY! so I'll be on once in a blue moon to check the feedback and reply to any concerns you might have. Anywho, let me help you out an answer to some of your concerns:

1: Alternate costumes are not handeled by me specifically, although we may be able to implement them back into a future build. I'll speak with Jasgx about that.

2: All of the vanilla characters in P:M should be working without any issues, so glad to hear that's working out for ya!

3: Regarding the sound effects, that was on my part, and this build was actually unfinished. In an earlier post, I had to run off to a vacation and couldn't work on the rest of the sound effects. The effects will be garunteed finished by next build, but we had to figure a new way to use sound effects in BrawlEX due to EX characters not being able to load sound registries outside their clone counterparts (Basically, that's why PMBR said only 5 new characters max). It's complicated, but it'll get done soon, so be patient!

4: THANKS!!! Actually that means a lot to me, I worked a good deal of time getting that sucker polished! I will be sure to give Lucina the same treatment after I return. If you have any issues be sure to report! Also balancing is a big issue, so be sure to report that!

Again, everything will be refined and polished in this next build, so stay tight guys! I'm looking forward to returning, but for now, I'm just enjoying the forest life with my meat & guns! See ya'll soon!

This is very reassuring to hear about the issues and you deserve the credit for that hardwork on Pichu! Again, looking forward to future works!

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032

Smashamass I will be working on reimplementing alternate costumes starting tomorrow
We will wait for lucina to be finished before introducing beta 3

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Also hackles will also be released with beta 3

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Two last things
1:Glad ur having fun on ur vacation Smashamass :D
2:I will be taking like 1 week off from this project due to a broken laptop and I just bought a new one online and will be at my house in a week tops

I'll still be at the forums to see what's going on from my iPhone

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Two last things
1:Glad ur having fun on ur vacation Smashamass :D
2:I will be taking like 1 week off from this project due to a broken laptop and I just bought a new one online and will be at my house in a week tops

I'll still be at the forums to see what's going on from my iPhone
Great! Glad you're having a swell time, I'll be on the forums once a day to check on updates. Btw, you should change the title of the post for each Beta update so it attracts more attention. Glad to know I'm an official part of the team! Super stoked to see how this project will stack up!

Wargod691

Smash Rookie
Was young link confirmed as a future playable character? I saw his name mentioned a while ago. Would be extremely excited to play as him in Project M.

Cant wait to try out the new build Keep up the good work =D

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Can't wait for my new laptop to come in For now I get like an hour per day to work on this because I'm using my bros laptop :(

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
For the next update personally you should work/ on Roy and mewtwos bugs since they cant l-cancel, and Roy has no sound effects.
overall how I see this project is more organized and going slow instead of just hitting with the updates

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
For the next update personally you should work/ on Roy and mewtwos bugs since they cant l-cancel, and Roy has no sound effects.
overall how I see this project is more organized and going slow instead of just hitting with the updates
We are slowing thugs down to make the quality better

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Read the post above, I explained how the build was incomplete and such. The L-cancelling is another issue entirely; we'll work our hardest on that.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
guys i think i found a fix for ur not being able to load
i think i gotta add sdhc support
im gunna do it soon

Top Bottom