• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Cough - Add Great Fairy - Cough, Just kidding I'm going to try this thing out, Turns out I have an Extra SD Card, Woah.

SD card 16 megabytes too small, I'm out.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
laptop will be in on tuesday so i will be back very soon :p

JR_44

Smash Rookie
Where are the pichu files located at? I don't see any fighter data for pichu anywhere and its blowing my mind.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Where are the pichu files located at? I don't see any fighter data for pichu anywhere and its blowing my mind.
They should be located under root/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/pichu (I'm pretty sure this is the order, don't have my SD card to confirm :/). It's right before Pikachu's folder. In the folder should be all the PAC files (but not the sound files, that's under pf/sfx/323.swndz). Hope this helps!

JR_44

Smash Rookie
They should be located under root/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/pichu (I'm pretty sure this is the order, don't have my SD card to confirm :/). It's right before Pikachu's folder. In the folder should be all the PAC files (but not the sound files, that's under pf/sfx/323.swndz). Hope this helps!
Didn't even check there thanks!

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I mentioned about releasing a Lucina I worked on to better fit into Project M, so here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87qpn5xig2adz9j/Lucina (ALM5252).rar

I haven't bothered working on her since April, so if anyone else wants to take over go ahead. She's pretty much a really fast Marth clone with some different attack animations and style. She should also be weaker but can rack up damage quickly. Hope some of you like her.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I mentioned about releasing a Lucina I worked on to better fit into Project M, so here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87qpn5xig2adz9j/Lucina (ALM5252).rar

I haven't bothered working on her since April, so if anyone else wants to take over go ahead. She's pretty much a really fast Marth clone with some different attack animations and style. She should also be weaker but can rack up damage quickly. Hope some of you like her.
Thank you for this contribution! I'll certainly be pulling resources from this pac, but we already have a Lucina PSA that I feel is more complete and easier to modify. However, I can see the effort put into this and truly appreciate it. Hopefully you'll see some of the improvements made when the next build is announced! I'll mention you in the credits for your contributions ^-^

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for this contribution! I'll certainly be pulling resources from this pac, but we already have a Lucina PSA that I feel is more complete and easier to modify. However, I can see the effort put into this and truly appreciate it. Hopefully you'll see some of the improvements made when the next build is announced! I'll mention you in the credits for your contributions ^-^
Now that Lucina has been revealed will you making adjustments to her to match more of her smash 4 model? Or change moves?

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Thanks! I remember starting on it when Beta 1 was released. I remember liking her but she just didn't "fit" into Project M.

I made her into a character I would like to play as, and idk, maybe I'm just biased. I'll try the new one though since I haven't been following Unbound for a while.

I feel I wasn't too far off with really making her more of a Marth clone since that seems to be what she is in SSB4. :)
Glad it's good enough though. Playing as this version in turbo mode is fun. I love her F-Smash, but that should probably be nerfed, or at least balanced better.

EDIT: Also this was my first time working on PSA-ing. Never did it before but messing with her motivated me to try it out. Was really an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I will be making a readme tomorrow to get credit to ppl

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Now that Lucina has been revealed will you making adjustments to her to match more of her smash 4 model? Or change moves?
Well since all the moves revealed are already part of Marth's moveset, I'll be mostly running on assumptions as to how she should feel/play.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Thanks! I remember starting on it when Beta 1 was released. I remember liking her but she just didn't "fit" into Project M.

I made her into a character I would like to play as, and idk, maybe I'm just biased. I'll try the new one though since I haven't been following Unbound for a while.

I feel I wasn't too far off with really making her more of a Marth clone since that seems to be what she is in SSB4. :)
Glad it's good enough though. Playing as this version in turbo mode is fun. I love her F-Smash, but that should probably be nerfed, or at least balanced better.

EDIT: Also this was my first time working on PSA-ing. Never did it before but messing with her motivated me to try it out. Was really an enjoyable experience.
I wouldn't jump the gun if I were you. I'll be working on my build of Lucina, so trying to implement the qualities of your next build might be a bit difficult to do when the product is nearly complete. If you like to, I won't stop ya, but I can work with what you've given me so far. If you like, you can help out by rebuilding some of the characters in the older builds of Unbound (Shadow, Riku, etc., but not Waluigi since he's already being worked on for P:M by the original creators).

Thanks for keeping an interest in the project man, I hope to see some of your work later down the road! If you like, you can try talking to Jasgx for a position, but we already have a PSA editor (Me). Maybe animator or something of that sort?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I'm hype 2 more hrs for my laptop to come in and I'm waitin hard so I an work on unbound

BillE

Smash Cadet
Because I'm a complete noob does anyone have an explanation on how to add extra characters because I am completely lost

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
K I just added sdhc compatibility so all sd cards larger than 2gb are useable

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I don't see why you guys can't have two PSA editors. The more the merrier.
It's more about communicating builds and keeping things in-sync. Since he would be working on his own PSA and I would be working on mine, it would be difficult implementing both build's changes into the final product. It wouldn't hurt at all to have a 2nd PSA editor on the team, but most likely for separate projects and such. That's up to Jasgx in adding new people to the crew.

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
It's more about communicating builds and keeping things in-sync. Since he would be working on his own PSA and I would be working on mine, it would be difficult implementing both build's changes into the final product. It wouldn't hurt at all to have a 2nd PSA editor on the team, but most likely for separate projects and such. That's up to Jasgx in adding new people to the crew.
If you're interested, I can link you all to a repository I set up a while back, that way you can get updated files as soon as they change. It could still get a little messy with two people working on the same PSA at once, but it would help with keeping in sync overall.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
If you're interested, I can link you all to a repository I set up a while back, that way you can get updated files as soon as they change. It could still get a little messy with two people working on the same PSA at once, but it would help with keeping in sync overall.
I think we have it covered for now, but we'll keep this in mind. We've got a working system so far, but we'll let you know if things change! Thanks for the offer though, it means a lot to us!

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
No problem, I'm just happy to see this project going somewhere again! Let me know if something pops up that I can lend a hand with.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
updates will be coming once were finished fixing things

crazyhandmasterhand

Smash Cadet
Hi there! I was just wondering if maybe I could lend a hand or so in dealing with Lucina for Project M?
I'm kind of the guy leading the charge for the :4lucina: PSA over on Brawl Vault, haha (I just really like that icon xD).
Anyway yeah, just let me know if there's room for me to get into this too!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Hi there! I was just wondering if maybe I could lend a hand or so in dealing with Lucina for Project M?
I'm kind of the guy leading the charge for the :4lucina: PSA over on Brawl Vault, haha (I just really like that icon xD).
Hey you replied! Splendid! I'd love to speak with jasgx about your work, since a majority of it was very well done. What other skills do you have besides PSA? Because we have me (Main PSA Editor), and Alm5252 for support. The Lucina and Chrom animations seemed pretty clean, if you could do work in that field I'm sure he'll pick you up without hesitation. Send me a message and we can discuss details on the project! Thanks for the support

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Sry for the late reply I was asleep and I would love some help with ur lucina psa

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
Oh no worries. I went to sleep myself sometime after I posted. Cool! I will try and help in whatever ways I can.
Hey Masterhand, after I saw your video on Youtube, I have a question.

You said you wanted to work on making Marth and Lucina to be usable with the same .sawnd file, but wouldn't it make more sense to make Lucina usable with Roy's .sawnd since at least half of the sounds are still Duon's sounds?

If I had any experience in editing .sawnds, I would've done so myself, but I can't even add characters correctly using Brawl EX :V

crazyhandmasterhand

Smash Cadet

You said you wanted to work on making Marth and Lucina to be usable with the same .sawnd file, but wouldn't it make more sense to make Lucina usable with Roy's .sawnd since at least half of the sounds are still Duon's sounds?

If I had any experience in editing .sawnds, I would've done so myself, but I can't even add characters correctly using Brawl EX :V
That could work too. Although, a friend of mine on Brawl Vault who also helped in the most recent PSA release actually got it working with her sounds over Porky. I got to test it out and it works almost flawlessly! Some sounds are a bit quiet still but I think those can still be tweaked later on.

PM666

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I usually don't have problems with hacks cuz im pretty knowledgeable about it but everytime I load this up (demo 0.2) I only get pichu as an extra. I copied the files right over to my sd card so idk what the problem could be...any help is much appreciated

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
what do u mean u only get pichu as an extra? hes the only character added so far

PM666

Smash Cadet
In demo 1 shadow, lucina, ridley, waluigi are playable. They got taken out for demo 2?

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640

Yes and no. Marth still has a decent amount of sounds available, and I've already figured out how to include those extra sounds into one sawndz file (case and point, mewtwo using lucario's soundbank). Also, a lot of the sword sounds from marth fit better with lucina, and can only be used by using marth's soundbank. We want to leave more soundbanks open for potential changes from the PMBR, as well as opening up more slots for clones. Thank you for mentioning that though, I will look into possibly using duon's soundbank for future clones!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
In demo 1 shadow, lucina, ridley, waluigi are playable. They got taken out for demo 2?
This is to clean up and polish the characters for future releases. The PSA's are not built off Project M's engine, therefore do not have the same level of polish given to the rest of the cast. We want to iron out the bugs and work on each character individually before releasing. We hope you understand the necessity of this, as we will be working hard to push out more characters later on.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
smashamass dont start working on the fixes yet ill send u over a build tomorrow with some fixes

Top Bottom