• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Whenever pichu uses thunder shock in the air and it hits the character starts spazzing out is that suppose to happen?

Juken

Smash Ace
When you guys finish the Shadow PSA, could you release him on brawl vault? I'd like to add him to my build. I mentioned it before, but this thread seems to only get spammed with requests for other characters, so I can't properly keep track of the progress on characters.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Sorry for being inactive school has been hammering hard

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
Just double checking, is the latest playtester version the one that was released on May 16th? Also, in case one of you guys reads this before Jasgx does (I pm'ed him about it too) where's the Google Groups/site that you guys talk on? Feel free to PM it to me. I just feel a little out of the loop here, lol.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
i probably should of ask if i can request a stage before requesting one sorry and can i request a stage or some stages

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I'm sorry but this is where i resign....
The project seems abandoned and there is no updates since.
Progress is to slow and the project does not adjust the PSA's to Project m physics.

Edit: Been nice working with you all. @ jasgx jasgx I'll delete everything off my sd card that contains Unbound

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Has there been ANY progress since I left? Your original post says the same things it did when I left.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Sent an application, but just realized this project is not going anywhere fast.... What a shame; seemed like it had a decent amount of potential. Well, if the project keeps moving forward, I'll be sure to take interest in it. I'd love to figure out a way to get some more PSA/BrawlBox practice in.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I've been playing patt andersen's pack for skins and music, Pikezer's and melee master's for brawl ex characters. With Meleemaster and piker you might have to set yourself up with smash stack unless you get a hackless version. Also Nebulon and Brawl Ex Mugen have some interesting character sets. Melee master has a thread on this forum if you want links

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing patt andersen's pack for skins and music, Pikezer's and melee master's for brawl ex characters. With Meleemaster and piker you might have to set yourself up with smash stack unless you get a hackless version. Also Nebulon and Brawl Ex Mugen have some interesting character sets. Melee master has a thread on this forum if you want links
I must see this

Akechi123

Smash Rookie
Guys Please don't let this mod die! This is such a great mod, and it has so much potential. If it is going to die, can we at least try to get a mod released that fixes most of the known minor glitches? Most of them are just relating to sound so shouldn't be that difficult. I don't know anything about modding, but this mod has lived too short of a life for something that has so much potential. I know if we all work at it we can make an update, and if the leader of this thread doesn't make anything after that we can let it die.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
im gunna start working on this project again cause its summer vacation for me
sry for no updates since like forever

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
The new beta 1 has only Pichu clone but now has stock icons, and working classic mode

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Next is gunna be a requested character by a lot of people
#DarkSamus
Oh and I also can't forget about
#SkullKid
From Majoras Mask

Last edited:

Akechi123

Smash Rookie
I have a couple bugs to report though for the next edition:
-Shadow & Waluigi don't have their own voices. Shadow has Sonic's and Waluigi doesn't say anything, but I think sound packs exist for these characters that can just be put in
-Waluigi's Final Smash pushes the character waaaaaaayyyyyyyy off of the stage
-Whenever Roy attacks it makes a really loud and annoying sound that sounds like a tsunami or something; it is hard to explain
-Pokémon Trainer's pokemon do not have a final smash
-Sometime's Shadow's chaos spear attack disappears which can be very annoying when playing against him.

Also, I have a couple character requests:
Sonic the Hedgehog:
-Metal Sonic
-Knuckles
-Chaos 0

Samurai Warriors/Pokémon Conquest:
-Oda Nobunaga (Final Smash black rayquaza??)
-Akechi Mitsuhide
-Tadakatsu Honda

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Super hyped! Trying this out now; glad you took the time to polish 1 character instead of adding a bunch of other characters. I want to try working with this engine, see if I can get away with building some custom movesets and see how they work! I'd love to help in anyway I can, so shoot me a message if you need help jasgx!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Bugs I've found so Far (This is all being tested under a Wii, not dolphin):

Pichu:
*Down-tilt or 2nd jab does an infinite sound loop that continues until you quit the match.
*His Fsmash sound doesn't come out until after the move ends
*His forward crawl has no sound effects, but his backwards crawl does
*His thunder does not connect if he stands still, and deals 46 damage max if you short hop the thunder on top of your enemy!
*The sound effects from his Side-B are all exposed after the hitbox connects, not when the move is charging or released.
*His air dodge has no sound. Maybe add the same sound as his footstep or something to indicate the move's activation?
*His UTilt has no sound either.
*You still can't dashdance with pichu. Is this a BrawlEX issue or...?
*If you hold A during his Fair, he accelerates forward. If you only tap A on his Fair, he keeps his original momentum.
*Pichu can use his Up-B twice in the same direction. Was that intentional?
*Sometimes Pichu randomly falls out of the air into a helpless state before even initiating his Up-B.
General:
*L-cancelling can only be done on the first few frames before landing from an aerial. Can you tweak this in anyway?

Suggestions:
*Remove a lot of the thunder sounds from Pichu's jumps (both shorthop and fullhop), dash, Fair, Nair, UpB, SideB (or tweak the timing), and more.
*Pichu's UpTaunt heals 10 points, maybe you should change it to 1 or 2 points instead?
*Tweak Pichu's Fair to have acceleration as soon as the hitboxes come out, not half-way through the move.
*Tweak the L-Cancelling timing, and give new characters the ability to dash dance. I'm not sure which attribute in PSA allows this, so I guess some experimentation would be in order?
*I wonder how the PMBR got sound effects on their clones... I'm betting it's by re-directing the sounds to another entity in the game, then adding custom sounds over those entities (like the boss sound effects). If we can figure out how to do that, which is probably not possible for some time, I'd love to see that incorperated!
*Add some screenshots from BrawlBox into the select screen for Pichu, so it looks a bit more polished.
*You can change the Pichu's ID and Random's ID to make Pichu come before Random, so it appears on the selection screen that way.
*Change Pichu's Aerial projectile, it's too good! I locked falco into stun at 70% for 5 seconds, and can be used over and over again! It doesn't fit with Pichu's playstyle at all! Maybe you can make it like Pikachu's, only faster and dealing less damage (and no 4 damage to self, it doesn't balance the benefits of the move)?
*Remove the 2nd hitbox on his Dair, and decrease the damage dealt to self by 2%. Then reduce the move damage to 11 or 12. Decrease the power of the move by half (it's a garunteed spike with a very safe hitbox on the end with hardly any endlag. It's too good).
*Pichu's BThrow has too much base knockback and not enough knockback growth (this is so it can't toss heavyweights off the stage and dominate stage control with one throw)
*Pichu's FThrow is guaranteed at any percentage! (I was still able to combo into a Nair on Falco at 200%).
*Pichu's DThrow has no Knockback growth (it can still combo at any %).
*Pichu's UThrow deals too much damage (15% is a lot for a combo starter).
*Pichu's Nair has too much base knockback (he's not supposed to kill at 115% on a sweetspot. Nairs are spacing and approach tools, not KO moves normally).

That's all I could post for now; I found more but I ran out of time and have to run off to a party. I'd be honored to work on balancing and tweaking this character for you! If you give me the opportunity, I'll post my build on this forum and see if you like my work. I want this project to succeed; it has so much potential! Check on your website for my application

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Bugs I've found so Far (This is all being tested under a Wii, not dolphin):

Pichu:
*Down-tilt or 2nd jab does an infinite sound loop that continues until you quit the match.
*His Fsmash sound doesn't come out until after the move ends
*His forward crawl has no sound effects, but his backwards crawl does
*His thunder does not connect if he stands still, and deals 46 damage max if you short hop the thunder on top of your enemy!
*The sound effects from his Side-B are all exposed after the hitbox connects, not when the move is charging or released.
*His air dodge has no sound. Maybe add the same sound as his footstep or something to indicate the move's activation?
*His UTilt has no sound either.
*You still can't dashdance with pichu. Is this a BrawlEX issue or...?
*If you hold A during his Fair, he accelerates forward. If you only tap A on his Fair, he keeps his original momentum.
*Pichu can use his Up-B twice in the same direction. Was that intentional?
*Sometimes Pichu randomly falls out of the air into a helpless state before even initiating his Up-B.
General:
*L-cancelling can only be done on the first few frames before landing from an aerial. Can you tweak this in anyway?

Suggestions:
*Remove a lot of the thunder sounds from Pichu's jumps (both shorthop and fullhop), dash, Fair, Nair, UpB, SideB (or tweak the timing), and more.
*Pichu's UpTaunt heals 10 points, maybe you should change it to 1 or 2 points instead?
*Tweak Pichu's Fair to have acceleration as soon as the hitboxes come out, not half-way through the move.
*Tweak the L-Cancelling timing, and give new characters the ability to dash dance. I'm not sure which attribute in PSA allows this, so I guess some experimentation would be in order?
*I wonder how the PMBR got sound effects on their clones... I'm betting it's by re-directing the sounds to another entity in the game, then adding custom sounds over those entities (like the boss sound effects). If we can figure out how to do that, which is probably not possible for some time, I'd love to see that incorperated!
*Add some screenshots from BrawlBox into the select screen for Pichu, so it looks a bit more polished.
*You can change the Pichu's ID and Random's ID to make Pichu come before Random, so it appears on the selection screen that way.
*Change Pichu's Aerial projectile, it's too good! I locked falco into stun at 70% for 5 seconds, and can be used over and over again! It doesn't fit with Pichu's playstyle at all! Maybe you can make it like Pikachu's, only faster and dealing less damage (and no 4 damage to self, it doesn't balance the benefits of the move)?
*Remove the 2nd hitbox on his Dair, and decrease the damage dealt to self by 2%. Then reduce the move damage to 11 or 12. Decrease the power of the move by half (it's a garunteed spike with a very safe hitbox on the end with hardly any endlag. It's too good).
*Pichu's BThrow has too much base knockback and not enough knockback growth (this is so it can't toss heavyweights off the stage and dominate stage control with one throw)
*Pichu's FThrow is guaranteed at any percentage! (I was still able to combo into a Nair on Falco at 200%).
*Pichu's DThrow has no Knockback growth (it can still combo at any %).
*Pichu's UThrow deals too much damage (15% is a lot for a combo starter).
*Pichu's Nair has too much base knockback (he's not supposed to kill at 115% on a sweetspot. Nairs are spacing and approach tools, not KO moves normally).

That's all I could post for now; I found more but I ran out of time and have to run off to a party. I'd be honored to work on balancing and tweaking this character for you! If you give me the opportunity, I'll post my build on this forum and see if you like my work. I want this project to succeed; it has so much potential! Check on your website for my application
i also noticed with pichu if u use his neatural special in the air and it hits an opponent they just shake in place for an extend period of time

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
i also noticed with pichu if u use his neatural special in the air and it hits an opponent they just shake in place for an extend period of time
That's suppose to happen because of balancing
Pichus advantage because he gets damaged from all electric attacks
Also this also makes him a viable choice instead of only playing pikachu

Last edited:
Top Bottom