• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If you're in a PAL region and want to play Project M, it shouldn't be too hard to track down an NTSC Brawl disc on ebay for 30 dollars/pounds/euros/rupees/whateverthe****. Thanks to homebrew, region coding isn't a problem ;)

Why is the release date on the 14th? Is there work still being done on the final demo 2 version? Or simply fixing any last minute glitches. It seems like its been ready for awhile.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is still far from ready lol. I'd be impressed if we got everything we want done by Sunday, but we'll do what we can. Don't be surprised if there's a delay =P

Right, I was thinking of the ACT the day before that lol Oh, well. If its not done by the 15th, less johns for me when I fail my linear algebra exam.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
I remember someone talking about a group stage striking system a while back. Mind elaborating on that again? I'm pretty hyped for better stage variety than melee!

:phone:

I remember someone talking about a group stage striking system a while back. Mind elaborating on that again? I'm pretty hyped for better stage variety than melee!
Every stage seems like only slight variations on neutral stages from melee. And nothing felt like a distinct counterpick.

.Cloud.

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by aerial trajectory
oh i meant the dash attack looked like it put people in front of sonic instead of how it used to and the new dair, fair, etc. should have said knockback.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, I may be in the minority, but I hate how homogenized melee's competitive stages have become. I liked when mute city, poke floats, brinstar, etc. were legal. I'm interested in seeing how people feel about all the new stages.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I really never understand when people say Temple: M is too big

It seems like a normal sized stage to me

Can someone please explain this

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Temple:M's layout is silly in singles.
This is not an answer

WHY is it silly and WHY is it considered big? What characters make it silly?

To me, it looks like a normal stage, just one with a layout that's not bad, just different from other Smash stages.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
have there been any changes to luigi besides his specials?

how does his side-b work exactly? it seems like it has a higher chance of a misfire and he flashes green on the side-b preceding the misfire. is this right?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Tell that to Pikachu, not me

Ban the stage; problem solved. Certain CPs will always favor certain characters. Metal Cavern will really hurt characters who need space for instance, such as Snake, and favors those who can control small amounts of space really well like the Spacies and Marth.

However, I do think the amount of neutrals is a bit ridiculous and unecessary. Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, FD, FoD, Smashville, and Frozen Pokemon is probably enough (2 additions only from Melee). Warioware should be reverted to its shenanigan status along with any other battlefield-fied stage. Castlevania and Jungle are fine too, i guess, but maybe doubles only (swapping out with Smashville and Yoshi's for the doubles lineup) since they seem a little big.

Like a lot of people here, I'd rather see more interesting CPs than 100 neutrals.

Revven

FrankerZ
have there been any changes to luigi besides his specials?

how does his side-b work exactly? it seems like it has a higher chance of a misfire and he flashes green on the side-b preceding the misfire. is this right?
You'll learn about it in time, young padawan.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, Metal Cavern is a terrible stage for Falco if anything. A fast faller with a terrible recovery than can easily be thrown off stage and killed at 0%. I wouldn't pick it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That one Lucas vs. Ness match from today was awesome though. And the whole stream overall was a really good demonstration of Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom