• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
They're not regarding your ideas because the Wolf they developed has received approval from Melee veterans and the general community. You are one person, and the rough draft of your Wolf idea is something Brawl- would use.
0.o

Keep us the **** out of his horrible ideas.

(Hate to reply to something old, but yeah... No.)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Assuming that you're not gonna do a midnight release, are you going to at least announce when you're posting it (e.g. "keep your eyes peeled in 3 hours!"), or are we gonna have to keep refreshing until you say "surprise, the demo is posted now!"?

I'm sure I'll be doing that either way, but still... >_>

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Why is the results screen pure black in the Demos? It seems a little silly to get rid of the nice white background of Brawl. It was one of the only things it did right, after all.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Assuming that you're not gonna do a midnight release, are you going to at least announce when you're posting it (e.g. "keep your eyes peeled in 3 hours!"), or are we gonna have to keep refreshing until you say "surprise, the demo is posted now!"?

I'm sure I'll be doing that either way, but still... >_>
We'll send out carrier pigeons with individual download links for Demo 2. Hopefully, the pigeons won't get lost, injured, etc. by April 15.

EDIT: @Trojanpooh, I believe the results screen BG was made pure black to emulate Melee's result screen.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
We'll send out carrier pigeons with individual download links for Demo 2. Hopefully, the pigeons won't get lost, injured, etc. by April 15.

EDIT: @Trojanpooh, I believe the results screen BG was made pure black to emulate Melee's result screen.
I figured as much. I think until they get a better results screen that actually looks like Melees I'll be sticking with Brawls screen. It's easy enough to remove the file from an SD card.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
What is the max size sd card the wii can handle without being updated to be able to handle sdhc? Is it 4gb or 2gb?

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
What's the word on footstool mechanics? I recall there being no footstools on an opponent while they are doing something already.

Can you foot stool an opponent while they are in Tumble?
What about Freefall, or hitstun?
Can Footstools be DI'd, or teched?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
What's the word on footstool mechanics? I recall there being no footstools on an opponent while they are doing something already.

I think they made it so it can be teched, but idk if that was necessary since the situation hwere you could footstool someone onstage would be incredibly uncommon... and if you were able to do so, I think you should be entitiled to a free follow up by making it untechable.

Revven

FrankerZ

None of the above except you can tech it.

Footstool mechanics have always been largely unchanged due to no interest in exploring it much + the moving of it to a separate button.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond sooner.. Spent the night at a friend's house and hyping him up for the second Demo coming in the next few days. I didn't think of the notepad thing flow ty for bringing that up.

On that note considering there is some awesome textures and what not would anyone mind posting a link of some guides of how to do textures and music for stages. There was a post on here a while back of how to do the stuff and it was really good.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond sooner.. Spent the night at a friend's house and hyping him up for the second Demo coming in the next few days. I didn't think of the notepad thing flow ty for bringing that up.

On that note considering there is some awesome textures and what not would anyone mind posting a link of some guides of how to do textures and music for stages. There was a post on here a while back of how to do the stuff and it was really good.
How to use custom character and stage textures and custom music.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure melee's was pure black as well, trojan.
Huh, I play Melee almost elusively and I could have sworn it wasn't. Maybe the fact that the menus aren't Melee style is throwing me off? I can't believe I'd not remember based on how much I play that game :p

Stevo

Smash Champion

None of the above except you can tech it.

Footstool mechanics have always been largely unchanged due to no interest in exploring it much + the moving of it to a separate button.
wait.... so to make this easier.... when CAN you footstool someone?

for the record, I dislike footstooling so I am not complaining at all if it is very rare circumstances.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You guys better release it early on the 15th

It would suck to invite my friends over and then have them leave without ever playing PM cause you guys do like some stupid **** 11 PM release.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Win one of the Gen III tours this weekend, and you can have other hologram friends~

(though, it would be nice if you swung around to play P:M on Saturday, in celebration of JC and cmart moving into the apartment which they'd initially sought out and paid for)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Win one of the Gen III tours this weekend, and you can have other hologram friends~

Gen III was a silly metagame

I'm sure people would appreciate one less Metagross recipient full BP team amongst the ****

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Wut? Gen III is less of a cluster**** than Gen IV and, especially, V. People tend to overrate BP teams; stall and troll teams are far more frustrating than something that can be solved with Haze or [pseudo hazing move] (which isn't hard to come across). Gen IV is too easy (cookie-cutter cores + stuff reminiscent of Gen V's metagame), and Gen V just outright sucks ****.

Doesn't change the fact that Gen IV is the best tier, tho

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wut? Gen III is less of a cluster**** than Gen IV and, especially, V. People tend to overrate BP teams; stall and troll teams are far more frustrating than something that can be solved with Haze or [pseudo hazing move] (which isn't hard to come across). Gen IV is too easy (cookie-cutter cores + stuff reminiscent of Gen V's metagame), and Gen V just outright sucks ****.
Have you ever thought for a second that Spider Web and Mean Look Exist? Can't Haze or Phaze when they're trapped in the back while you get to +6 everything.

Doesn't change the fact that Gen IV is the best tier, tho
I miss the Latias Metagame ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom