• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
However, I do think the amount of neutrals is a bit ridiculous and unecessary. Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, FD, FoD, Smashville, and Frozen Pokemon is probably enough (2 additions only from Melee). Warioware should be reverted to its shenanigan status along with any other battlefield-fied stage. Castlevania and Jungle are fine too, i guess, but maybe doubles only (swapping out with Smashville and Yoshi's for the doubles lineup) since they seem a little big.

Like a lot of people here, I'd rather see more interesting CPs than 100 neutrals.
WarioWare, Castlevania, and Jungle Falls are not neutral. They are CPs.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Why are those CPs? Unless I'm missing something, they seem to fulfill the melee criteria for being neutrals.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why are those CPs? Unless I'm missing something, they seem to fulfill the melee criteria for being neutrals.
Their platform arrangement leads to more polarizing match-ups than should be for neutrals. Rumble Falls also has uneven terrain on the entire stage.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Their platform arrangement leads to more polarizing match-ups than should be for neutrals. Rumble Falls also has uneven terrain on the entire stage.
FD polarizes matches a lot more than a lot of so called counterpicks.

When are we just going to switch to full legal list stage striking?

On a side note, SkullGirls is okay. Not as fun as Arcana Heart or Soku, and far too Street Fighter 2/4 influenced, but not quite as bad. It could use better movement options though for sure. I wish the hitstun bar would show up in regular gameplay, "It's like I'm really playing IaMP!" And more importantly, I wish the game offered something different from other fighters, otherwise I have no reason to play it instead of something I like more like Arcana.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
And more importantly, I wish the game offered something different from other fighters, otherwise I have no reason to play it instead of something I like more like Arcana.
Completely hand-drawn (and really nice) animation, mechanics that don't suck, funny dialogue, and optimization for standard game controllers. To each his own.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I'm referring to him saying that his own ideas were awful... And are obviously more awful than mine. Three jumps for everyone, and a float for ganon are the only things I remember(ish) from his mod since he took all of that data away.

Also, don't get into the logical fallacies on me when everyone used them against me. Not exactly fair game if I can't use them as well (I hope that's another one).

I really thought we were done with this though. I was trapped into everything and I'm really not in the mood to debate it anymore. My ideas might've sucked, but you have to realize that they were forcing me to come up with them on the spot while not having anyone to consult over possible programming problems or other issues.

Pretty please stop egging me on.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
So first thing. I've got my NTSC copy of barlw. For the sd card, it doesn't have to be a wii sd card does it?

Next, do I need to install homebrew? What about USB gecko(is gecko os the same thing?) pretty sure they are but gotta ask. Then I'm kind of stumped from there. I put the p:m stuff to the root of the sd card and boot brawl?

:phone:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I'm referring to him saying that his own ideas were awful... And are obviously more awful than mine. Three jumps for everyone is the only thing I remember(ish) from his mod since he took all of that data away.

Also, don't get into the logical fallacies on me when everyone used them against me. Not exactly fair game if I can't use them as well (I hope that's another one).

I really thought we were done with this though. I was trapped into everything and I'm really not in the mood to debate it anymore. My ideas might've sucked, but you have to realize that they were forcing me to come up with them on the spot while not having anyone to consult over possible programming problems or other issues.
I wasn't trying to drag you into anything or make people talk about your ideas again, it's just your attitude when answering dirt bothered me.

Regarding the bolded: Ignorance is not a fallacy.

So first thing. I've got my NTSC copy of barlw. For the sd card, it doesn't have to be a wii sd card does it?

Next, do I need to install homebrew? What about USB gecko(is gecko os the same thing?) pretty sure they are but gotta ask. Then I'm kind of stumped from there. I put the p:m stuff to the root of the sd card and boot brawl?
You don't need homebrew, you could go to the stage builder to play PM.
IIRC, you use this method: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack , but someone from the PMBR can probably clarify.

.Cloud.

Smash Rookie
Iceman theres a utube vid on what to do for nonhacked wii's, and its also on the p:m website

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

All you need is an SD card and an NTSC copy of Brawl. You don't need to install homebrew if your Wii can natively launch the NTSC Brawl.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Completely hand-drawn (and really nice) animation, mechanics that don't suck, funny dialogue, and optimization for standard game controllers. To each his own.
Nothing you mentioned sets the gameplay of this game apart from, for example, Darkstalkers. Combo limits are in place in Eternal Fighter Zero, IaMP, SWR, and Soku, while even those offer successively more and more unique gameplay quirks with projectile grazing, flight, whether, and a very unique super system in all of them.

As far as dialogue goes, I had to mute the voice volume less than 30 minutes into the game because the corny one liners were getting to me.

6 Attack buttons is really superfluous when almost no character even has many command normals, and it's especially jarring when there are only four face buttons on a standard game pad. It seems the game was almost made just to give a middle finger to players without a $100 dollar arcade stick, in favour of appeasing the small number of elite players, appealing to only those already invested in it rather than offering something more intuitive and reflective of non-capcom fighting games that play much smoother than the tired formula found in the Street Footsies franchise. Four buttons would have more than sufficed given the number of attacks each character has, with no one as a Makoto or Dudley, taking command normals for every punch and kick, and a six button layout is simply not made to be played properly on a gamepad. Hell, even a three button + one button as an effective "CTRL" key layout would be feasible, and work well with the absurd number of simultaneous button commands. As a bonus, for those who care about them (Which, without an arcade stick, you probably should), it leaves you with 4 buttons to assign shortcuts, making stupid combinations like Square + Circle not impossible for pad players.

Anyway, how's the utility on Ness's U-smash? Last I saw, it was an amazing Oki tool and set up combos decently, but was still rather unsafe.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know they make $35-40 Sticks for people like you Kink, and to be fair, Skullgirls really was designed more in favor of the elites than the casuals. Basically everything bad you say about it is because the game honestly was meant to be approached from a more hardcore angle, which you clearly don't care for lol.

AAAAAAAnyways, for some reason I've started to look at DDD and thing I might want to use him, even though I was no DDD player in Brawl, and certainly wasn't interested in the character even a week ago. Something suddenly jumped out and said "MAN YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS CHARACTER"

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure. I think gamepads are viable, and that it's just a matter of getting used to the control scheme or changing the scheme to one's preference.

Also, it was probably just to look professional, but Mike Z claimed that casuals are able to play the game just fine.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
You know they make $35-40 Sticks for people like you Kink, and to be fair, Skullgirls really was designed more in favor of the elites than the casuals. Basically everything bad you say about it is because the game honestly was meant to be approached from a more hardcore angle, which you clearly don't care for lol.

AAAAAAAnyways, for some reason I've started to look at DDD and thing I might want to use him, even though I was no DDD player in Brawl, and certainly wasn't interested in the character even a week ago. Something suddenly jumped out and said "MAN YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS CHARACTER"
I'd believe that whenever I see that. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. Would you care and refer me to somewhere where I could obtain one of those?

On the subject of DDD, I'm probably going to stay the hell away from him. Not that he's a bad character in all, but he looks very menacing.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I'd believe that whenever I see that. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. Would you care and refer me to somewhere where I could obtain one of those?

On the subject of DDD, I'm probably going to stay the hell away from him. Not that he's a bad character in all, but he looks very menacing.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032ISZL8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3OI2CVBA9DB25

I bought this for 25 dollars on Amazon, plus 10 dollars for an adapter(pc+ps3).
6 Attack buttons is really superfluous when almost no character even has many command normals, and it's especially jarring when there are only four face buttons on a standard game pad. It seems the game was almost made just to give a middle finger to players without a $100 dollar arcade stick, in favour of appeasing the small number of elite players, appealing to only those already invested in it rather than offering something more intuitive and reflective of non-capcom fighting games that play much smoother than the tired formula found in the Street Footsies franchise. Four buttons would have more than sufficed given the number of attacks each character has, with no one as a Makoto or Dudley, taking command normals for every punch and kick, and a six button layout is simply not made to be played properly on a gamepad. Hell, even a three button + one button as an effective "CTRL" key layout would be feasible, and work well with the absurd number of simultaneous button commands. As a bonus, for those who care about them (Which, without an arcade stick, you probably should), it leaves you with 4 buttons to assign shortcuts, making stupid combinations like Square + Circle not impossible for pad players.

Anyway, how's the utility on Ness's U-smash? Last I saw, it was an amazing Oki tool and set up combos decently, but was still rather unsafe.
Last time I checked, my controllers had shoulder buttons, so that means I have 2 buttons I'm not using, which, in this game, can be set to anything.

Also, X+Square, Triangle+Circle and any combination of the shoulder buttons with the face buttons is really easy. If that plus 2 macros is not enough, then I don't know what to say.

iLink

Smash Champion
I play skullgirls and SSF4 perfectly fine on my ps3 controller. Last I check, I had 8 buttons to work with.

but keeping this post p:m related

What are the chances that you guys delay the release a day or 2? I really don't mind.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032ISZL8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3OI2CVBA9DB25

I bought this for 25 dollars on Amazon, plus 10 dollars for an adapter(pc+ps3).

Last time I checked, my controllers had shoulder buttons, so that means I have 2 buttons I'm not using, which, in this game, can be set to anything.

Also, X+Square, Triangle+Circle and any combination of the shoulder buttons with the face buttons is really easy. If that plus 2 macros is not enough, then I don't know what to say.
I never mentioned X+ Square being difficult, because it's not.

Skullgirls does not take near enough risks and takes far too much influence from games that are far outdated, instead of looking at the revelations made in fighting games in the past years. The lack of command normals attests to the fact that the game's controls were intentionally based around the very first what we could consider "Traditional" fighter ever made.

It doesn't help that the game reads inputs for specials rather poorly compared to other, better games. The game should be hard to learn the intricacies of, not difficult to input basic attacks.

I'll stick to GG and AH if I want a good hardcore game. I'll come back to SG when they add the characters they announced for the game since day 1 for 5 dollars more.

jalued

Smash Lord
Hitstun is identical to both Melee and Brawl, yes.
but for some reason some testers (sniper fox's stream) think that you cant jump out of hit stun as quickly as in melee, and that you fall too far. Not to mention that the melee players couldnt play fox, falco or marth very well, and that they all felt off

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Hitstun is identical to both Melee and Brawl, yes.
If hitstun were equal to brawl there wouldn't be hardly any at all therefore making combos impossible no? Melee's hitstun was just the right amount to make combos possible. Yet not enough to make every combo a zero-death.

On another matter, say I download demo 1 today, then demo 2 gets released on the 15th. To delete demo 1 all I would have to do is delete the files on my sd card and put the new codes on right? And would I have to re-run the demo installer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom