• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
question I know its demo and there is still quite abit a things to work on but I was playing it last night and for some odd reason with falco and fox idk maybe my game is messed up might have to redownload it but when I would do ^B with them it was doing a ridiculous amount of knockback. For example I did ^B with falco and aimed downwards on the stage on my friend who was at 85% it killed him by roof. Another test I did was with fox against a mario computer and the mario was near the bottom of the stage near the death point I Hit with the ^B to return but it knocked mario all the way back up to the stage. Just wondering if thats happening in anyone else's (demo) so far. I'll redownload it just to make sure though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The reddit page seems... fairly tame for the most part. There is the obnoxious "they're just adding bugs back in" crap, but there is also a good number of people who are either involved or well-informed about the competitive scene to make good comments on it.

EDIT: ClinkStryphart, I have no idea if a fragmented character moveset file could have anything to do with it but definitely try redownloading or defragging your SD card. That, or it's completely intentional but that does sound rather on the powerful side...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
This is for anyone who's got the demo, how does Link play? Is he good, or is anyone going to try getting good with him?

Ecks

Smash Lord
mmmm I think zelda's walking animation might me a little to fast and it'd be great if you guys could make it so marth's dancing blade could be continued with the a button like in melee.

other then that I've no complains

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Fourside and its invisible floor hitting thing on the right side of the middle building and the Ultimate Chimera effects are silly.

Even the U.F.O. is glitchy.

tsktsktsk

Revven

FrankerZ
question I know its demo and there is still quite abit a things to work on but I was playing it last night and for some odd reason with falco and fox idk maybe my game is messed up might have to redownload it but when I would do ^B with them it was doing a ridiculous amount of knockback. For example I did ^B with falco and aimed downwards on the stage on my friend who was at 85% it killed him by roof. Another test I did was with fox against a mario computer and the mario was near the bottom of the stage near the death point I Hit with the ^B to return but it knocked mario all the way back up to the stage. Just wondering if thats happening in anyone else's (demo) so far. I'll redownload it just to make sure though.
I just tested this and it doesn't happen for me at all and I'm using the latest Falco (that is in the demo as well by the way). Had a Control Fox at 85% on FD, Up B'd right into him, didn't die off the top. Falco's Up B however is naturally supposed to have high KB as that's how it was in Melee.

Edit: MLX, sowwy pookie.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Fourside and its invisible floor hitting thing on the right side of the middle building and the Ultimate Chimera effects are silly.

Even the U.F.O. is glitchy.

tsktsktsk
Hey, P:M guys - please fix the Chimera bug in the dev branch by using a Final Destination .rel file for New Pork City.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Izaw is playing it right now and loves it.
I played it this morning and loved it. I'm a little used to brawl+ Link's run speed but he's awesome anyway.

Boomerang->Clawshot+dthrow->Upsmash doitdoitdoitdoit.

EDIT: Also, how did you guys get both Temples on there? SRE code? Is one of them over Eldin? I was in a hurry today and didn't look into it.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
can someone post the text from RSBE01.gct ?
i need it to play, 'cause i'll use snapshot hack code >.<
f*** 256 limit lines -.-

Revven

FrankerZ
can someone post the text from RSBE01.gct ?
i need it to play, 'cause i'll use snapshot hack code >.<
f*** 256 limit lines -.-
There is no .txt file, you need gameconfig.txt to break the 256 line limit which Project M comes with. Stick the gameconfig.txt in your SD Card and load through Gecko OS.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I just played and so far.....

Good show!

LD is a bigger issue than I thought it was and I like Snake's new dair, nair, and uair and the side taunt.
I found myself not using mines much...

Anyway, I found an odd bug that I cannot replicate.
Zelda's Nayru's love...
when I tried to jump and then use it, Zelda was rising through the whole animation.
My hard drive is almost full so why don't I send you the replay of the whole match?
It's just me vs a digital dummy.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I just tested this and it doesn't happen for me at all and I'm using the latest Falco (that is in the demo as well by the way). Had a Control Fox at 85% on FD, Up B'd right into him, didn't die off the top. Falco's Up B however is naturally supposed to have high KB as that's how it was in Melee.

Edit: MLX, sowwy pookie.
the KB is still higher than it was in Melee.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
To Elaborate on the Falco UpB thing, the only thing that would be throwing it off would be no stale moves. The values are identical.

Revven

FrankerZ
the KB is still higher than it was in Melee.
No, no it's not higher than it is in Melee. It is the exact same, how many times do we have to repeat that our values are the exact values ripped right from Melee? The only difference is that there's no stale moves for special moves, that's it really. If anything, it should feel weaker if the opponent actually DIs it.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yes and it's intentional. We couldn't remove the infinite part of it in time but then again that's why stalling is banned in tournaments anyway, right?
It's actually infinite in Melee but near impossible to do it more than once. The only reason for that is cause in Melee you had to pretty much be against the wall the entire up-B for it to work. Now it looks like you just kind of have to hit the wall with up-B and it seems like Mario has more air control so he can float back to the stage wall a bit better and his up-B goes further if you haven't changed that from Brawl.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
EDIT: Also, how did you guys get both Temples on there? SRE code? Is one of them over Eldin? I was in a hurry today and didn't look into it.
It was ported over Eldin using an .rel. I personally just put Hyrule Castle over it since I don't really care for normal Temple.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
You guys should make Link's multi stab more difficult to pull off, i mean, it's kinda annoying when you try to do only the aaa combo but he ends up stabbing and gets punished for it.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
It was ported over Eldin using an .rel. I personally just put Hyrule Castle over it since I don't really care for normal Temple.
Cool. I'll probably do the same after I get home later. And replace 75m. It is near impossible to fight on that stage.

You guys should make Link's multi stab more difficult to pull off, i mean, it's kinda annoying when you try to do only the aaa combo but he ends up stabbing and gets punished for it.
I thought it was pretty easy to pull off as well, but it's oddly good for spacing if you hit them with it.

Magus420

Smash Master
Falco's up-b kills Mario at 131% on FD with no DI in both games. Mario has the same exact fall speed and weight in both games. Damage and knockback stats of up-b hitbox are the same in both games. FD's stage collisions and blastzones are the same in both games. It's not stronger.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sounds like you had a lot of pressure Magus. You should relax if you can today.

Anyway, I'm gonna upload the replay soon. It happens early in the replay so you don't have to wait for the whole match.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just wait a few frames after the second jab. It's easier to trigger than it was in Melee, but it's not like you're trying to Gentlemen or something.

Sounds like you had a lot of pressure Magus. You should relax if you can today.
He has, but at the same time it's frustrating for fall of us when somebody doesn't accept that the values are the exact same.

Revven

FrankerZ
uhm, but i use a DVD5 backup, that'll work?
If you're using NeoGamma to boot that, yes it will. You just have to stick the gameconfig.txt into the proper spot.

Edit: I will repeat this again:

IF YOU'RE USING AN SDHC CARD THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU'RE USING RIIVOLUTION.

I will also say that:

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE UNZIPPING THE ZIP FILES YOU'RE NOT JUST DRAGGING AND DROPPING THE WHOLE FOLDER INTO THE SD CARD. YOU NEED TO OPEN THE FOLDER UP AND DRAG AND DROP ALL THE FOLDERS INTO THE SD CARD INCLUDING THE GAMECONFIG.TXT. EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK AT THAT POINT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom