• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm gonna post this as help for all those that may be confused on setting it up on your SD Card:

If you're using the .zips, unzip it. Open the folder that comes out and drag and drop ALL those folders and the two files in there (.txt and .png) into the SD Card. Keep in mind that an SDHC card will NOT load the character files so you need a 2GB SD Card or lower for any method BESIDES Riivolution.

Your SD Card should look very similar to this:

Except without the whole Mac look and everything. But THAT is what the root of your SD Card should look like, if it doesn't, you're doing something wrong. Homebrew Method of course will not include the boot.elf on the root but the hackless Wii method will.

Thanks for all the praise guys, it feels good! Spread the word!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah my game froze at the stage builder screen when I was trying to boot this game up earlier off my wii SD card after I downloaded it with after the demo installer for hackless wii's can anyone help me?:(

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wavedashing with a light press feels soooo smooth to me. Is that going to stay in the final version?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Of course it will, mang. Why else would they add in light presses to help anything using the L and R buttons?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Oh, yeah.

I wanted to say, BIG PROPS on the light presses with the triggers. It makes using them infinitely easier. It also makes wavedashing very, very smooth and easy to do by comparison.

Between this, and the white character flash with L Cancel, I think this will help to introduce more and more players in to competitive smash.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I love the demo but there's one thing that really disappointed me...

There's no unrestricted pause camera code ;_; I can hardly live without that code. My only option is to never pause the game.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Two questions:

Is the new Norfair included in this? I seem to be missing it in my files. Either that or you guys included the custom Norfair SSS icon without including it.

Also, Metal Cavern. Did you guys do any major edits to this stage at all? I'd like to know if I can apply my custom Metal Cavern or if I will need to make some appropriate camera/stage edits to it.

Thanks guys.

Gbd

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to play it on a european Wii ? With a PAL Brawl version ?

If yes, how to do so ?

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
i was training in fourside and i hit something in the right from the center building...
amm wtf xD i post if nobody know it xd

PD: my english is like ganon in brawl... to bad... xD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
i was training in fourside and i hit something in the right from the center building...
amm wtf xD i post if nobody know it xd

PD: my english is like ganon in brawl... to bad... xD
It has something to do with the breakable platforms that existed in New Pork City.

white dynamite

Smash Rookie
i wouldn't mind Project Melee becoming the new standard. this game is just too awesome. thank you Project Melee team, you guys all deserve a pat on the back!

btw lucas seems incomprehensibly strong. me likey

Revven

FrankerZ
Two questions:

Is the new Norfair included in this? I seem to be missing it in my files. Either that or you guys included the custom Norfair SSS icon without including it.

Also, Metal Cavern. Did you guys do any major edits to this stage at all? I'd like to know if I can apply my custom Metal Cavern or if I will need to make some appropriate camera/stage edits to it.

Thanks guys.
1) We did not include Norfair as it was deemed unfinished.

2) Yes, we did modify Metal Cavern, its bottom death boundary was too high before.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Great work guys, the only problem i had was that i had to change the game options to turn on the buffer, but that was all.

And it's kinda disappointing that you guys coded the character select, it wasn't to hard to reproduce the codes to make it the same, so i could use any character i wanted and still have melee physics, but Sonic up-b go haywire when i do it. LOL

Once again great work.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'd be really happy to see enough tournament play time put into this to come up with a solid tier list where the difference between top and bottom tier is comparable to or better than SSB64's tier list.

Great work guys, the only problem i had was that i had to change the game options to turn on the buffer, but that was all.

And it's kinda disappointing that you guys coded the character select, it wasn't to hard to reproduce the codes to make it the same, so i could use any character i wanted and still have melee physics, but Sonic up-b go haywire when i do it. LOL

Once again great work.
They did that because there's a ton of things about the physics that are primarily coded into the characters' moveset files. Without them, things can get buggy (or in R.O.B.'s case without a proper freefall animation, freeze).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
falco
fox

jigglypuff
marth
sonic
ganon

sheik
game and watch
captain falcon
mario
snake

link
lucas
zelda
Too early for this shiz.
At least have everyone go fight in Chain-Ace's Wi-Fail tourney and base it loosely off of those results..
Or better yet, wait after Pound 5 to do specualtion.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was just BSing one because he asked. lolol. i only played it for like, 30 minutes last night. I'm not dumb enough to attempt to make a tier list yet, especially since i haven't even played it against actual humans yet.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Guys

Bare with us while GHNeko sorts out the fact that our host suspended us...lol

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am just gonna say, I love Ganon in this. Flame Choke has quickly become one of my favorite moves.

Also I think Falco has a chain grab. It is something like DThrow>Jab>DThrow>Jab>etc... It works from 45% to 110%.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um.... I may be late but..

This page is currently unavailable
If you are the webmaster for this site, please contact your hosting provider's support team for assistance.

?????

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um.... I may be late but..

This page is currently unavailable
If you are the webmaster for this site, please contact your hosting provider's support team for assistance.

?????
You can't read the last like, 10 posts that have been about this issue?
Come on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom