• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Yuss, great job! I'm enjoying this mod a lot :D

But I only got the team textures for sonic and 5 songs, like AMKalmar said

Makai

Smash Apprentice
Camera is really nice. I'm surprised at how much of a difference it makes. 3 frames of buffer makes waveshining really easy.

So, I went over to a friend's house with the intention of playing the Demo for an hour or so.

I ended up staying there for very close to 8 hours. In that time, I didn't find a single complaint. Even the much discussed Landing Detection didn't seem that big of an issue. All the characters have very distinct play styles, and I had a huge amount of fun with all of them. There is literally not a character on the roster so far that I do not like.

I had more fun with Smash tonight than I have in a very long time. Thank you. You are all sexy, sexy people. ;D

With that said, I will cease this metaphorical fellatio and return to lurking as normal. >_>

shanus

Smash Hero
So, I went over to a friend's house with the intention of playing the Demo for an hour or so.

I ended up staying there for very close to 8 hours. In that time, I didn't find a single complaint. Even the much discussed Landing Detection didn't seem that big of an issue. All the characters have very distinct play styles, and I had a huge amount of fun with all of them. There is literally not a character on the roster so far that I do not like.

I had more fun with Smash tonight than I have in a very long time. Thank you. You are all sexy, sexy people. ;D

With that said, I will cease this metaphorical fellatio and return to lurking as normal. >_>
this is the kind of feedback i love to hear!

@ anyone having issues with the download, hop on the irc and we'll try and take care of you while we zap the bugs with the installer!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Can we get a list of the stages replaced so i can fix o; my brstms.
Mushroomy Kingdom --> Metal Cavern (Metal Mario 64)
Green Greens --> Dreamland 64
Mario Bros. --> Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Island: Melee --> Yoshi's Story
Spear Pillar --> Saffron City
Distant Planet --> SSE: Jungle

SolidSnake141

Smash Cadet
The AI really brings more of a Melee vibe then I thought, idk if you guys tweaked it at all (or if it's possible at this point in time since I'm no brawl hacking major, and just the brawl AI's somehow got more space-ish and Melee like by themselves) but the way the CPU's actually go after OTHER CPU's instead of the player almost all the time is something I really liked about Melee, though it seems this only occurs on stages Melee FD or bigger, it's still very nice instead of the annoying 1 on 3 battles you fight in brawl with CPU's, something I adored of Melee and hated drastically of Brawl.

Also just like Tatsuman said, I have no complaints whatsoever thus far of Project M, all of the characters movesets totally rock and this makes me even more hyped about the final product in the future.

Good luck guys.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Let me guess.

You trolly trolley trolls waited until just a few hours after I got off to release, didn't you?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Something I'm throwing out to the devs.

How do you guys edit the stage cameras? I'd be more than willing to spend time making it as exact as possible to Melee's. Just point me in the right direction on how to edit them.

I'm not going to be able to focus on dBrawl or Brawl 64 for the next week or so anyways, so nothing lost.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So, how's everyone enjoying the demo? If you guys have any glitches or errors, go sign up on www.smashmods.com and post the errors there. If you are looking to do Project M Wifi go to www.fsmash.org for Project M Demo Wifi. The IRC #Projectm is not for wifi matches, it is now a support/general Project M IRC. Thank you.

Revven

FrankerZ
Great demo, even though(like you said) the characters fall ways too fast.
Landing detection gives you the illusion that characters are falling faster than they are supposed to because they land earlier. Link for example lands 4 frames earlier than he does in Melee while Falco/Fox land 1 frame earlier than in Melee. If landing detection didn't exist, they would land at the same frames as they do in Melee. But the physics are exact and Magus was busy these past few days correcting an issue where they weren't completely correct due to how vBrawl handles when gravity is applied when you jump.

Also, any textures we do not provide (even vertexes) that cause freezes are none of our concern. Take your individual complaints to the person who made the texture (however if the texture worked on some other mod then I guess we'd have to look into it). Also, as an FYI, Melee Falco's red, green, blue, orange, and black will freeze WiFi for the other opponent due to their filesizes being much larger than they are supposed to. Contact the people who made it if you want that fixed, just a heads up. Default Melee Falco vertex works just fine on WiFi however.

Edit: Izaw- Get an NTSC-U copy, come to the IRC if you need help getting one.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I saw anything.

Just saying.

Then again, I guessed what it was a loooooooooooong time ago. I was also exactly right.

Am I awesome or what?

*EDIT* Also, CSS Fixes for Giga Bowser? Really? /gctedit

abcool

Smash Ace
Legit concern. Umm does marth counter suppose to kill someone at 176%? I was fighting ganon and i countered his fsmash and it sent him to his death. I know in melee marth's counter should have like a set knockback or atleast not have kill potential. I wanna know if that is suppose to happen?

Edit: I wouldn't suggest anyone play all star mode or anything that features other characters. I got a freeze when rob AD on FOD. Also is FOD a completed stage?..i think it's missing something...IDK anything about the development of that stage so someone can give me feedback; if you wanna.

An Alien

Smash Rookie
>.> So, it tells me that I've been banned from the support chat

On my first time entering. So ... I'll ask it here.

I did the download, but I don't have the option for the extras? What did I do wrong? o.o

shanus

Smash Hero
>.> So, it tells me that I've been banned from the support chat

On my first time entering. So ... I'll ask it here.

I did the download, but I don't have the option for the extras? What did I do wrong? o.o
whats your ip and we'll unban :), someone might have proxied you or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom