• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Um, I just read this little piece of **** in the BalancedBrawl sticky:

Additionally, we are pleased to announce multiple stage changes, primarily related to hitboxes! Knockback has been significantly reduced on PTAD cars, Norfair lava pillars, Pictochat arrows, cart, and bombs, Flat Zone 2 lion tamers, and the Pirate Ship catapult. Damage has been reduced to 10% from 20% on reen Green blocks, and to 10/15% from 20/35% on Pirate Ship bombs

Knockback has been significantly reduced on PTAD cars, Norfair lava pillars, Pictochat arrows, cart, and bombs, Flat Zone 2 lion tamers, and the Pirate Ship catapult.

Knockback has been significantly reduced on PTAD cars
Knockback has been significantly
Knockback
WAT?!

Since when did this happen?! We can edit stage hitbox damage/knock back values now?

Can you say legal Port Town Aero Dive? Yhez!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
standardtoaster and AmazingAmpharos were at work on that (along with some others; I believe Eternal Yoshi helped on that too) a while ago. It's not easily done from, say, BrawlBox but they understand the hex values in the .rels themselves.

Also, I don't see how JC grabs and multishines are difficult without tap jump. Maybe I can just bend my right fingers in funny ways, but I put my index finger over the Y button and my thumb over the B button and it's really easy to do (I only slip up a bit because I've literally practiced it for a few minutes). I use my index and middle finger to handle Y to Z for JC grabs. Perhaps being a pianist for five years helped?

And yeah, I also wavedash using only the L button :D

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Don't you play Falco?

As a Falco main, it is essential to use tap jump to multishine, double shine, shield pressure, and firefox hog amongst other techniques.

Its the best way to do frame perfect JC shines.

Tap jump is the **** once you learn how to effectively use it. Well, it's great for spacies at the very least.

I like how all us Melee players don't make comments on button mapping. Melee is too perfect to need button mapping lol.
I do play Falco, but I can do everything you just listed without tap jump (if I need to multishine, I have to use the L jump though. Everything else I can do with my default jump button).

Guess I just think less like a Melee player and more like a Starcraft player where changing your controls/hotkeys to your own personal style is almost key to success and is highly recommended.

Stevo

Smash Champion
L is my only shield button (honestly, did you guys never play Smash 64? It's unthinkable for me to have it any other way). Bad tech skill as I have, I've never had a problem WDing OOS with only the one shield button. I dunno why everyone makes such a big deal out of it.
I know this is like 2 pages ago, but I agree with this post.

it would surprise me that anyone who started with 64 would not use their left hand to shield

(maybe I'm just old)

and I do not need 2 shield buttons to wavedash OoS because my left finger is only used for the L button, so it is not a big deal to let go of it and press it down again, as that is all that finger does.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thinkaman said:
Knockback has been significantly reduced on PTAD cars, Norfair lava pillars, Pictochat arrows, cart, and bombs, Flat Zone 2 lion tamers, and the Pirate Ship catapult.
Thinkaman said:
Knockback has been significantly reduced on Norfair lava pillars
Thinkaman said:
Norfair lava pillars
Oh god yes. Maybe this means I can finally make my dream version of Norfair: M! :D

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
New ideas?

Like, I was never able to understand how players could multi-shine in place. The jump buttons are too far off from the B button to do it frame perfectly, and moving the analog stick up and down repeatedly also yielded similar results for me. But apparently you're able to jump out of shield/shine with the C Stick, which makes it infinitely easier.
How does that make it any easier?

Going from the c-stick to the B button is a huge jump, much larger than going from Y to B.

Most player I know that multishine in place either do use Y to jump or do some funky and grip (and still use Y to jump lol).

IYM!

Smash Lord
First we were doing jokes with our respective languages and now we speak about the configurations of the control.

This topic, it is very crowded, you cannot be absent not in 10 minutes.

so... no ,ere spanish/Portuguese/Frensh jokes? :awesome:

any way, i use the main control configuration, i dont have any reason for change it

D

Deleted member

I do play Falco, but I can do everything you just listed without tap jump (if I need to multishine, I have to use the L jump though. Everything else I can do with my default jump button).
Fair enough, but if you ever try using tap jump with shines, I'd guarantee that once you got used to it, your Falco will move a lot faster.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
[14:45:13 | Edited 14:45:15] Monk: The Cool Guy: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12113446&postcount=25147 neko i don't understand this post.
[14:45:35] Junglefever: translated
[14:45:38] INFINITY NEKO: you son that **** is tight son know what i mean
[14:45:47] Monk: The Cool Guy: i know that
[14:45:49] Junglefever: dear sir, that proposition sounds incredibly wondeful, do you understand what i am saying?
[14:45:53] INFINITY NEKO: ^
[14:45:55] Monk: The Cool Guy: oh
[14:45:56] Monk: The Cool Guy: ok
[14:45:56] INFINITY NEKO: LOL
[14:45:59] Monk: The Cool Guy: that makes more sense
[14:46:00] Monk: The Cool Guy: LMAO

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
lawl. Got a kick after reading this after class.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Yessss! Someone else other than me watches Day[9]! :D

There was another instance of an Archon Toilet in a more recent daily, I forget exactly which one though.

But right now I'm watching Mana vs Abver on the archives so I can't find out which one.

Fair enough, but if you ever try using tap jump with shines, I'd guarantee that once you got used to it, your Falco will move a lot faster.
I might experiment with it in the near future, but my Falco's getting pretty damn speedy atm. I'll definitely keep that in mind though. I figure I'll have to get used to it one way or another if I ever play Melee.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eh, I'm not a Falco/Fox main, so that's probably one thing... I just found that I wasn't having a hard time with multishines. Just saying, maybe it's just weird that I can pull off having my thumb on B and index on Y.
Might get into Wolf though. Quite like the 64-style Shine.

I just find my mains and secondaries work fine without tap jump.

shanus

Smash Hero
slashy just likes to troll us because he hates on PM

Also In case anyone takes Xaviers post as true, no there is no delay, in fact, i think most people will be happy very very soon :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In case anyone takes Xaviers post as true, no there is no delay, in fact, i think most people will be happy very very soon :)
That's all I came here to find out and I am VERY happy already. XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What stages are being replaced with what? I want to get my custom music ready, seeing as it seems release is imminent.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm in a giving mood..... so......

The PMBR team is excited to announce that the Project M Demo will be released on Monday, February 7th!

The download will include installers supporting options of riivolution, gecko os, and hackless brawl solutions. Stay tuned for details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom