• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
so why monday and not sunday? too busy prediction the super bowl?
We are having a final QC pressure test this weekend to test our installer and demo package to ensure stability, etc. The best time to do this is at smashfests, which generally occur on the weekend!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
We are having a final QC pressure test this weekend to test our installer and demo package to ensure stability, etc. The best time to do this is at smashfests, which generally occur on the weekend!
Yeah, Quebec's putting on a lot of pressure.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Good stuff, guys! Looking forward to it!

Day before my birthday, so thanks for that!

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
I remember the very same day this thread was opened, and after 1600 pages of excitement anf several Giga Drill Breakthroughs a demo is finally coming out.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Project M is not a project anymore, this is a reality!!

Holy Hype M!!

Also, I demand snapshot method for the sake of Falcon's approval (my wii can't read double layers and in my country everything is daemn PAL) :(

>9kHypes

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
YAY FOR P:M.......but im not allowed to play games during the week because i am busy with school :(... AND ITS THE FIRTS DAY OF THE WEEK LOL...poor me... i would throw a party if it released friday

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'm in a giving mood..... so......

The PMBR team is excited to announce that the Project M Demo will be released on Monday, February 7th!

The download will include installers supporting options of riivolution, gecko os, and hackless brawl solutions. Stay tuned for details!
Bricks were hyped.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Ladies playing Project M (for realz):
Haha wow, I see, it was so amazing that someone even took a picture of it!

Now that I remember, Dark_Sonic told me about a complete touhou ost replace while the show me your news M is for melee podcast the other day, I was logged as Oniric btw. So I wonder if someone can tell me how is it going and if suggestions are accepted :)

On topic (:awesome:): I play since 64 and use L for shielding/teching, R for wavedashing/shielding and Z to l-cancel. Never changed my input buttons neither.

/Let you being hyped, this game deserves it!/

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Cannot wait gonna give me something do on monday ^_^ pre-order some sushi California rolls and play this with some friends = great times.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
The more I think about it, I'm really excited to see how the broader gaming public takes to the demo. Obviously they'll be naysayers, but with a chance to go hands on with it themselves I think the dynamic could change quite rapidly.

Melee's still a lot of fun, and Project M should remind some people of that. That's already a great thing. But I think with Brawl's presentation & new retro stages (and the balance changes, if noticed), even more will see Project M as something that stands on its own. Furthermore, things like the L-cancel flash could really encourage them to learn Smash in a way they haven't before. Unlike 64 or Melee, it won't be hidden so much as an easter egg for those 'in the know.'

Mostly, I'm looking forward to Project M being judged for what Project M is, not what Melee or Brawl were. Exciting stuff.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, really, PM should gets its own section, especially now that the demo is coming out, people are going to want character specific and such.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
So I hear that the PMBR is adding a new menu and new CSS and SSS. Will any of these be in the demo?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Gib Ness uber FSmash kthnx

EDIT: I'm wondering the same thing. Any good screens on them? I think I saw the CSS and SSS on crispy's 1up thread.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I love how this subforum has over 48,000 posts, and almost half of them are in this thread lmao
This thread alone usually contains a good portion of the whole workshop's total viewers. Remember when this thread was closed? The forums had a big drop in people viewing them.

In terms of the new menus, and other places where the PM logo is shown (like the title screen), are they going to have a modified logo that says Project M Demo Version or something?

Ulevo

Smash Master
The more I think about it, I'm really excited to see how the broader gaming public takes to the demo. Obviously they'll be naysayers, but with a chance to go hands on with it themselves I think the dynamic could change quite rapidly.

Melee's still a lot of fun, and Project M should remind some people of that. That's already a great thing. But I think with Brawl's presentation & new retro stages (and the balance changes, if noticed), even more will see Project M as something that stands on its own. Furthermore, things like the L-cancel flash could really encourage them to learn Smash in a way they haven't before. Unlike 64 or Melee, it won't be hidden so much as an easter egg for those 'in the know.'

Mostly, I'm looking forward to Project M being judged for what Project M is, not what Melee or Brawl were. Exciting stuff.
Agreed, 200%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom