• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
PMBR who have won legit Project M tournaments off the top of my head:
Me
cmart
Professor Pro
Metroid
Strong Bad
Reflex
Sethlon
Gimpyfish
Rat
I dunno if Fly has but he's certainly capable.

And I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Me
cmart
Professor Pro
Metroid
Strong Bad
Reflex
Sethlon
Gimpyfish
Rat

That list seems pretty big looking at it like that lol. But there's also been quite a bit of tournaments that have happened.

PMBR who have never lost a tournament:

:awesome: Sethlon :awesome:
:awesome: Professor Pro :awesome:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sethlon vs Professor Pro $100 MM make it happen.

There can only be one.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Me
cmart
Professor Pro
Metroid
Strong Bad
Reflex
Sethlon
Gimpyfish
Rat

2.1 Ike carried me so hard lol, I haven't won a tournament in forever >.>.

For what it's worth, Oro split with Dart at SMYM after making his way through losers and winning GF1.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Metroid get out of here, you are one of the hardest people I've played up there with Sethlon/Reflex in terms of "Holy **** what do I do against this guy?"

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I won a 23-person tournament last weekend (and a free 16-person tournament on Tuesday if you wanna stretch it).

2.6 ROB da bess
when's that ROB lab stream thing happening
if you don't want to put in the effort for that then a ROB changelist would be fine
but 2.6 side-b is more unforgiving than 2.5 and not as useful as 2.1, why JCz why
I'm not even asking for a change i just wanna know why

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's better. You can side-B lower to the ground from a short hop, and therefore can get a better/quicker waveland out of it. It just takes a little more skill to use well.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's better. You can side-B lower to the ground from a short hop, and therefore can get a better/quicker waveland out of it. It just takes a little more skill to use well.
while i'm glad you put in the attempt to improve his general movement with it rather than just its utility as an approach tool, it's still not better than 2.1. The current iteration (for a SH->insta side-b-> waveland) requires you to do one of those really awkward "I'm almost good at this game" wavelands (where you do it too soon before landing and at a really downwards angle so you don't get much of a slide out of it) to get back to the ground instead of a perfect, 180° angled waveland out of it like you could in 2.1 - I'm talking sliding nearly as far as the robo-dash itself travels. It's not a matter of skill, it's definitely a matter of utility. a perfect waveland goes farther, and having that didn't stop him from doing shorter wavelands if needed. Not to mention he has to move a couple frames before landing out of an AD canceled side-b since it can't be done as low to the ground straight out of a hop. What IS more of a matter of technical skill now is the timing for FALLING into a side-b->perfect waveland, which is still possible. Because of the momentum carry in 2.5 it was really easy, you could start it much earlier and still fall into position. You now have to wait until one or two frames before you land, then side-b, in order to get the lowest possible side-b and thus the perfect waveland. That's not really my complaint as i guess i just have to learn a new type of waveland now i guess. Technically though that's slightly worse too you as you have to start it a few frames later to get the same effect, effectively giving longer startup for the move in that situation.

i like the change(s) to dair tho, especially what appears to be the reduced backwards momentum, still lookin' forward to an official listing of changes tho

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't said this anywhere yet, but... I'm just so incredibly happy with how Meta Knight turned out. He's good, but not too good, in like a toxic way, like Fox and Falco :glare:

His combos feel like you actually have to work for them and they're rewarding and fun to do. His recovery has lots of mixups and takes some skill and planning and foresight to really succeed with. Oh man. So good. Thx PMBR

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'll never understand why the cstick, being analog, was never made to input both tilts AND smashes. PMBR should make that an option if possible tbh. I for one wish I could reserve the control stick for movement and not have attack inputs affect my mobility.

B.W.

Smash Champion
The Wiimote d-pad is programmed to act as a C-Stick. It was like this in Brawl too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member

Don't a lot of products do that though? I'm pretty sure you can almost always turn it off or change the message.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Phones that all do the same crap and the phone companies would be a lot more tolerable to me if they didn't constantly advertise their crappy products on tv, all the time on every channel.

I put them right up there with the insurance company ads (Progressive, Geico, All State, Farmers) in terms of lying and worthlessness.

Kati

Smash Lord
I finally played 2.6 with an actual human opponent... So much fun we played for nearly 8 hours straight. This kind of patch reaffirms what I've been proclaiming to all my smash friends for years now, that P:M is only getting better with time.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'll never understand why the cstick, being analog, was never made to input both tilts AND smashes. PMBR should make that an option if possible tbh. I for one wish I could reserve the control stick for movement and not have attack inputs affect my mobility.
So that'd help with pivot tilt stuff? The last thing I want is a C-stick that I have to smash input to get the smash though. It'd be cool if they programmed somehow a controller setting specifically for you and those people to turn on. That's exactly what I would want(NEED) for light press air dodge if they made the hard press work for replays: light press air dodge is amazing untapped comfortable potential restricted by the minds of former Melee players set in stone with their muscle memory to give themselves arthritis in an attempt to be masochists while also moving slower in DDWD inputs than a light press air dodge mastered person would.

Right now I wish they would do something to fix this, and maybe even make F-smash work from the C-stick still with it set as Attack. Nair through the C-stick is too beastmode to not use for Ike but these issues put a huge arrow through it
http://smashboards.com/threads/2-6-ike-thread.338801/#post-15725827

I'm also having my R set for Attack for a consistent DACUS (previously used Z), more than half or more of the PMBR and the community in general can't DACUS (consistent) without a modified analog but they don't care to change its difficulty. Luckily I do find I don't use R enough to warrant keeping it set to Shield, and if DACUS was made easier I'd probably then change it to Taunt (Footstool) which would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom