• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dunno how much people have seen of Low Tier City, but that tournament has been really hype so far and you guys should check out tomorrow's top 6 singles and top 4 teams on twitch.tv/OracleTx iirc

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I won't be here to watch it unless wait, I might. I'm in IL and off at 5 or something: Will I make the stream to see SmoothMcGroove's Gnw win? Oh yeah Texas is the same time zone..

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
WATCH IT!!!!!?!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!! It is not optional, I played too hard for you to be like "work blah blah work can't watch it etc johns"

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm sad the guy with the arm belts who is risking giving $200 couldn't make it, oh wait will he be there the 2nd day? You should do commentary DMG, do your best Rock impression

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm sad the guy with the arm belts who is risking giving $200 couldn't make it, oh wait will he be there the 2nd day? You should do commentary DMG, do your best Rock impression
Cory WAS there. In fact I think I remember seeing him as we left the venue at closing time. He was definitely there earlier in the day though. I dunno if he got up on the stream per se but he was totally there.

What time does it start today?

Place opens up at 12 PM CST whether they start then or not I dunno. Probably as soon as stream setup is running smoothly since they should have plenty of time to do each match on stream I think? We'll see.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's not the phone, it's the Tapatalk app. I have an HTC and it doesn't do that ****.
and you can disable it if you're not a lazy lil ****, it's in Tapatalk's settings. I use Tapatalk whenever I'm mobile.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh, i was there. i had to leave early to go see a burlesque show in denton with my girlfriend (QUE HORIBLE!), but i'm gonna be there today until the end. debating whether i want to drag my cane around, too. it's like, +10 to fancy, but it's also +10 to pain in the ass to carry around a tourney...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is 3d printing technology sufficiently advanced to print working electrical parts for controllers yet? Not that i'd expect it to be commercially available yet, but who knows, in the next ten years we may be able to print or have somebody else print controllers of any size or shape for our convenience. I wouldn't mind using a gamecube controlleresque thing for smash 7 when it comes out on the Nintendo WiiWe3DXLYou2.
And when are we getting those Matrix brain plugin displays with negative amounts of input lag

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Not just electric parts; we need controller chassis as well. I swear, it's like the 3rd party controller makers intentionally make the shapes as unergonomic as possible.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I haven't said this anywhere yet, but... I'm just so incredibly happy with how Meta Knight turned out. He's good, but not too good, in like a toxic way, like Fox and Falco :glare:

His combos feel like you actually have to work for them and they're rewarding and fun to do. His recovery has lots of mixups and takes some skill and planning and foresight to really succeed with. Oh man. So good. Thx PMBR

up c-stick on fastfallers for days

Vashimus

Smash Master
I did that **** with Charizard all the time. Now I realize in 2.6 that bubbaking was actually right and they made his d-smash garbage. Sorry Zard. I'm releasing you. Come back stronger.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so I'll post this here to see what people think but...

I really don't think it's fair for PMBR members to enter tournaments until there is a changelist from 2.5 to 2.6.

They could easily get access to something WAY ahead of time and make plans to deal with it without anyone else's knowledge. It could be something so subtle that it wouldn't happen often at all and no one has noticed and that makes it even worse in my mind.

seeing 3 PMBR members get the top 3 spots at LTC puts a sour taste in my mouth

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Not just electric parts; we need controller chassis as well. I swear, it's like the 3rd party controller makers intentionally make the shapes as unergonomic as possible.
Plastic is remarkably easy to fashion via 3D printing, although the accuracy depends on the type you get. The only issue I think would be electrical parts and the like, plus the controller has like a circuitboard or something like that right? I'm not experienced in opening them up so chances are i have no clue what I'm talking about, but if that's the case, that would be the biggest problem of creating controllers from nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cev_zcXJw

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I really don't think it's fair for PMBR members to enter tournaments until there is a changelist from 2.5 to 2.6.

They could easily get access to something WAY ahead of time and make plans to deal with it without anyone else's knowledge. It could be something so subtle that it wouldn't happen often at all and no one has noticed and that makes it even worse in my mind.

What? Those 3 people place top 3 in tournaments all the time. If you think something so subtle could overcome skill gaps you are greatly mistaken. Also, we aren't scumbags.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't doubt that they are great players Hylian. that wasn't my point.

it's that they are ALREADY getting an unfair advantage by being having access to BR info. THey have time to adapt before anyone else

I don't think it's fair for them to enter things UNTIL there is an official change list so thers can prepare for things

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman

What in the world are you on about? Are you twelve or something, saying something like this isn't only unreasonable and selfsifh, but it is also just plain insulting towards the people who brought this game to you in the first place. Seriously just what?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't doubt that they are great players Hylian. that wasn't my point.

it's that they are ALREADY getting an unfair advantage by being having access to BR info. THey have time to adapt before anyone else

I don't think it's fair for them to enter things UNTIL there is an official change list so thers can prepare for things

This is a mod for a game in a grassroots community that isn't even released yet...The people working on the game work on it because they love it, not because they want advantages in tournaments. Those players also have to juggle playing several different versions of characters at the same time, I know this personally has affected my 2.5 link and made it worse than it used to be because I was playing 2.5 and 2.6 link at the same time. They also have to test menial things that are boring, of course they are going to understand the game to a general deeper level than most until the game is released. None of the people working on the game make money off of it, not letting them enter tournaments would be ridiculous considering they do what they for love of the game.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you telling me that people are doing this because of love and not for money does not GUARANTEE that someone in the BR COULD do this for their advantage.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Poor choice of words, Ripple. Anyway, he just means that it would be more fair if the general public were better informed of the version they're playing.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
PMBR members have posted changes throughout the character forums and what they didn't offer up was shared by other posters exploring their own characters.

So saying there wasn't enough information isn't entirely true, most of it is already there if you bothered to look for it or ask fellow posters what they found.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The only thing I would have been possibly salty about, is if PMBR had mastered MK or "new character" introduced in the newest patch and they won with that character. Nobody did that though and I don't think I personally saw changes or things abused that only a PMBR super nerd/overlord could have been capable of. Everyone would have preferred a change log obviously but I don't think it really would have changed anything. Reflex Fly and SB are beyond worthy of top 3 and from being there in person, I didn't get the impression that they just got some cheesy edge from PMBR status. Just my 2 cents.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ripple said:

A couple of notes;
1. I am a PMBR member.

2. The decision for the tournament to use 2.6 rather than 2.5 was the choice of the main TO Oracle, who is not a PMBR member.

3. After that decision was made, I immediately requested permission (and was given it) to have smashfests demoing 2.6 so that people could play the new (though unfinished) version and start adjusting to the changes ahead of time. Any players who had drastically altered characters I reached out to personally, when able, and gave them a rundown of what they could expec

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
What in the world are you on about? Are you twelve or something, saying something like this isn't only unreasonable and selfsifh, but it is also just plain insulting towards the people who brought this game to you in the first place. Seriously just what?
It wasn't such a farfetched thing to say, its somewhat reasonable to be skeptical to an extent. On top of that, he wasn't even demanding anything. He just posted his two cents on a certain matter and asked for a response and he wasn't intentionally insulting anybody. Calling him twelve and attacking him aggressively instead of just making a more well-thought out response is silly.

I agree with DMG, the only scenario where I would be even remotely salty would be if one of them used MK or maybe Link and started wrecking everybody's ****, but that didn't happen. No one abused new mechanics, and not much of the non-PMBR players seemed uncomfortable with 2.6. Based on what Sethlon said, I think they approached the scenario in a very reasonable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom