• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
weird question but could someone link me to some really sad music? I'm trying to get over something, but I overplayed my old sad playlist and need something fresh

Bleck

Smash Master
all Nintendo games take place in the same universe how do you post on Super Smash Bros. forums and not know this

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
And then once the fzero universe falls apart due to unsustainable boost power pads, Rosalina finds the old fzero cars and gives them to Mario for his dump cart racing.

SunJester

Smash Ace
You're forgetting the obvious connection that James McCloud is a playable character in F-Zero.

Also one of the DS game's endings has Fox + Falco joining the F-Zero league

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I wish Other M had good writing and Yoshio Sakamoto wasn't in charge of Metroid things ever please just stop touching that franchise let like Aonuma or somebody else look at what to do with it.

Other M had some cool ideas when I wasn't having awful delivery and rehashing ideas from the other Metroid games.

Also the Space Pirates aren't even a real thing they are totally just a cover up for the fed's bioweapons program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plADYc4tnTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE37PplM5ps

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
hi, any people that might be going to Summer Jam 9 (last weekend of August) should hit me up as I am probably going to be there. I think it has PM, but I'm mostly going for Under Night anyway oops.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
@Meiling Have I shown you Breakbot, he's super good. He's got a new album coming out soon so the time to jump on the hype train is now.

Listen to his album By Your Side it's so good.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
speaking of albums, i've recently found one that i really like

I wish Other M had good writing and Yoshio Sakamoto wasn't in charge of Metroid things ever please just stop touching that franchise let like Aonuma or somebody else look at what to do with it.

Other M had some cool ideas when I wasn't having awful delivery and rehashing ideas from the other Metroid games.

Also the Space Pirates aren't even a real thing they are totally just a cover up for the fed's bioweapons program.
what upsets me the most about Other M isn't the fact that it's so godawful (although that is a factor), its the fact that it could have been so much more than what it became. a story where samus becomes an emotional, relatable character with humanity in her? i would greatly enjoy that. just not the way it is now.

i feel like Samus could have been parallel to the Force in Star Wars before the prequels came out. when it was just episodes 4, 5, and 6, the Force wasn't something that only a few select individuals could do because they just so happened to be born with the magical medichlorians, it was something that everyone was capable of doing so long as they believed in themselves and the power of the Force (this is all assuming i'm remembering correctly). In the case of Samus, Other M could have shown Samus to be someone that is not so different to us and has more similarities to us than we realize. Someone who does the things she does not because she's the main character of the video game and the writing says she should do these things, but because she believes in herself and has the willpower to push through emotional and physical trauma.

Instead, we get this disappointing, lackluster game that instead destroys everything that Samus was built up to be, and makes her character end up being this inept, unable, and moronic idiocy.

this guy goes into Other M's faults into a little more detail:

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
speaking of albums, i've recently found one that i really like

what upsets me the most about Other M isn't the fact that it's so godawful (although that is a factor), its the fact that it could have been so much more than what it became. a story where samus becomes an emotional, relatable character with humanity in her? i would greatly enjoy that. just not the way it is now.

i feel like Samus could have been parallel to the Force in Star Wars before the prequels came out. when it was just episodes 4, 5, and 6, the Force wasn't something that only a few select individuals could do because they just so happened to be born with the magical medichlorians, it was something that everyone was capable of doing so long as they believed in themselves and the power of the Force (this is all assuming i'm remembering correctly). In the case of Samus, Other M could have shown Samus to be someone that is not so different to us and has more similarities to us than we realize. Someone who does the things she does not because she's the main character of the video game and the writing says she should do these things, but because she believes in herself and has the willpower to push through emotional and physical trauma.

Instead, we get this disappointing, lackluster game that instead destroys everything that Samus was built up to be, and makes her character end up being this inept, unable, and moronic idiocy.

this guy goes into Other M's faults into a little more detail:
I try to avoid reading anything to do with other M these days, but this was a good read.

Top Bottom