• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Man, Ken's hair looks so weird. I like the hairstyle, but something about the shade of blonde used just looked all sorts of off. It looks like a really bad dye job, I dunno.
SFV Cammy's facial structure(save for the supraorbital ridge) is a bit better than SF4, but I think SF4's aesthetic overall is still better, especially the eyebrows.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Can we just go back to sprites with 3D backgrounds yet?

zman804

Smash Ace
Also SF5 Cammy looks like a qt British girl compared to SF4 looking like a waifu. Surprisingly realistic face, which makes Ken look even dumber. What is wrong with his hair.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What's weird to me about Capcom's decision-making is that there are so many examples of beautiful Cammy cosplayers with European features they could have based SF5 Cammy on, most of which can't be posted here because camel toe and dat ass.

Here is one with features similar to the SF5 one, just way more attractive:

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
new cammy looks bettr tbh I like her face more

new chun-li looks ehh

new ken looks fantastic

still not gonna play this game because it's going to come out when I'm a junior at which point I'll have to start doing research for my major comps project which means I'll have little time for anything other than a little PM and drinking rofl

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
They could've at least given her good boob physics. That just looks painful, ugh.
They significantly toned down those... physics since then. It's not nearly as jiggly.
....Apparently the jiggling is a glitch.

Either way they're not jiggling anymore.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I actually really like SF5 cammy.

she looks like a normal, real person. And looks British, not an almost waifu face. Only main gripe with the design is the eyebrows look fake/painted,which is a dumb look in general. They are also significantly thicker than SF4 cammy, if they just thinned them out and I think people wouldn't complain. Shes also what, like pushing 40 in SF5's point in the time line?
I'm bugged at the way they textured the definition on her bicep and shoulders. That **** looks weird, man...

Helsong

Smash Ace
They significantly toned down those... physics since then. It's not nearly as jiggly.
....Apparently the jiggling is a glitch.

Either way they're not jiggling anymore.
Really? That's good to hear. It really wouldn't have bothered me in the course of gameplay, but it's cool that they improved it.
So they're not jiggling at all, or just a bit? Breast movement isn't bad(I mean, they move in real life), it just needs to be done well to keep from looking over the top and crazy.

@ PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP do what I do and have roommates that play the games, and then leech off of them in your free time. Although...yeah, I hear you on spending limited amounts of it on other endeavors. Drinking's pretty nice. And PM is too, I guess.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
SSF5 Cammy has the face of a bad-ass fighter, instead of a waifu body pillow that some weeb ****s until its crusty.

Also they really need to get rid of boob physics on Chun-Li. I always thought it was cool that she LOOKED like a woman who could kick your ass, she doesn't need boob physics.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
New ken is cool

Would have prefered him having the normal hair with the dope ass long pony tail tho

edit: knowing capcom though, a costume dlc with old hair/gi and stuff will be available at some point

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
@ PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP do what I do and have roommates that play the games, and then leech off of them in your free time. Although...yeah, I hear you on spending limited amounts of it on other endeavors. Drinking's pretty nice. And PM is too, I guess.
hmm the issue with going to a small liberal arts college is that nobody plays fighting games like at all
there's one chinese guy who plays kof98 but he would bop me because chinese people and kof is like south koreans and starcraft

so I just play melee with all of the varsity frisbee players haha

Helsong

Smash Ace
What I hear is that it was actually a glitch. Supposedly the physics work fine when Chun is on P1's side. Still it's pretty bad...
Yep, @ Eternal Yoshi Eternal Yoshi informed me of the same thing. Honestly, so long as it's well-done(read: they don't act like water balloons attached to the chest), I don't mind it at all. At least, I won't exactly have time to get bothered by it in a fight.

hmm the issue with going to a small liberal arts college is that nobody plays fighting games like at all
there's one chinese guy who plays kof98 but he would bop me because chinese people and kof is like south koreans and starcraft

so I just play melee with all of the varsity frisbee players haha
Aww, that stinks. I'm usually able to find people to play against in person, but it's rare, and my roommates constantly tear me apart regardless of fighting game(except Melee, we go even). Kind of why I hope SFV's PC port is good, with not-terrible netcode, and a good sized online community. Can't shell out for a PS4 right now, and I haven't seriously played SF since Third Strike anyway so investing too heavily into it isn't in the cards for now.

Not like it matters, considering I'm worse at this game than I am at PM, haha.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I so look forward to seeing you in class, oh yes....Your tears will be delicious.

jk, I don't tutor there. Congrats! What do you plan on studying?

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Who even enjoys Persona? Not trying to nait or ****. I'm curious on why people like it.

I don't like it, but i see everyone else differ.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I so look forward to seeing you in class, oh yes....Your tears will be delicious.

jk, I don't tutor there. Congrats! What do you plan on studying?
I actually already spent a year there, but I ****ed up (2 . 0 G P A B O Y S). I took a year off and got reaccepted. I've gotta retake some classes atm. Still not 100% on choosing my major, so I'm just humanities atm. I was pre-business before, but I'm kinda rethinking that.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I spent the day working, playing melee and kayaking

Just wanna say my fox is Hella crispy, probably better than where I left off lol. And my kayaking stroke is smooth as butter.

I may not be 100% ready for evo, but Id like to see mango out on the water. Not armada though, his swede genes would take over and he'd become the ship sailing viking he was born to be

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Who even enjoys Persona? Not trying to nait or ****. I'm curious on why people like it.

I've played them all (well, the mainline ones. Not some of the stuff like First Mission, a JP only cell phone game, but most of them):
  • Persona 1 isn't that great, it's decent. PSP version does it some justice, but the PS1 version, Revelations, is atrocious. Cut out a lot of things, including an entire campaign.
  • Persona 2 is amazing, and by far my favorite. The story and characters are really nice and it's split over two very long games. Sadly, the PSP version of Eternal Punishment was canned outside of JP for weird reasons, but the original version can be played on the PSN). Innocent Sin's PSP version came to US and is a great remake. I recommend playing it above all the others. Of the duology, I do like EP more.
  • Persona 3 is good. Of the PS2 games, I think it's got much better gameplay, but the story isn't as well written as 4's at times. FES changes up some of the stuff, adding new things and changing elements from the original (like a lot of the tests), and adds a new campaign with more dungeons. Portable lacks the second campaign but gives you Minako as a protagonist.
  • Persona 4... is, well, 4. While I certainly think Naoto is amazing and all, the gameplay is kind of lacking. There's much less dungeon-exploring. Story is very well written, and so are some of the characters, but I didn't think the twist was... that great, to be honest. It's much easier than 3 and a lot more merciful in difficulty. Heck, even the Ultimate Boss isn't as difficult if I want to go that far. Golden adds a lot of content, but very little dungeon wise (literally one dungeon). It caused some division for reasons that would happen given the direction this game took, down to the nitty gritty things.
  • Q is essentially an EO game with Persona elements, and it's solid. Very fanservcice-y on the aspect of seeing the P3 and P4 cast together.
  • 4 Arena is made by Arc, and Arc makes amazing fighting games. Enough said.
  • P4D doesn't really have any reason to exist but it does. At least some of the character designs are nice, but the gameplay is like a toned down Project DIVA. Just get Deemo instead.
In the end, I think Persona 2 is the strongest of the main series, followed by 3, then 4, then 1. Interested in 5 and how it turns out; the art style alone looks gorgeous.

Overall, I get why people don't like them over the mainline SMT games. It's a little toned down (especially the later titles in the series) compared to SMT's combat, it lacks the morality choices for the most part, etc.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace

I played P3 and 4 during a point where almost every jRPG I had played so far was a fairly cliche medieval fantasy setting, or it was some kinda fantasy-scifi mishmosh. Persona was pretty cliche too, but the setting was well-done, and it put a higher focus on it's characters as opposed to some epic fantasy plot. Plus I had played SMT before, so I had some insight into the nuances of the setting and themes. So, I enjoyed it. As a teen, it was refreshing to have a game that looked at normal people problems(especially P4) and expand on them under a common theme, and even treat teen angsty issues with a modicum of respect or realism, instead of flanderizing, or mocking, or exaggerating things too much. It also helped that the music was just fantastic for both games. They're actually very well-made jRPGs, too. P4 is still one of my favorites. Didn't enjoy the Golden re-release that much.
I'll admit I've gotten rather tired of Persona after how much they've milked the P4 cast especially, but I'm still looking forward to P5 because of how much I enjoyed playing through P3 and P4 the first time.
Admittedly, the narratives kinda need work, and I feel like the social sim aspects are kept too separate from the story. There would be times where I would make a party member angry during a social link, but they'd be totally fine when a plot event happened the very next day, which broke immersion a bit.. In addition, there wasn't much in the way of penalties for screwing things up-or even cheating in your relationship! In all honesty, there were only a few s links that really packed a serious emotional punch for me. Some characterization felt a bit bland or cliche to me, but each character had their own personalities to help set them apart from the standard anime high schooler archetypes.

Persona 2 is a bit different, in that it really doesn't have the calendar progression or social sim aspects. It does have quite a bit of atmosphere, although I honestly found the first of the P2 duology(Innocent Sin) to be incredibly easy. It honestly bored me. The second one(Eternal Punishment) is far better in terms of gameplay, but P2 just didn't grip me when I played it the first time. But it is still a great jRPG, and has far more memorable boss fights than 3 or 4. Overall, I'd say it's worth a play, especially if you prefer SMT over Persona.

In the end, I still enjoy mainline SMT more than Persona.

I actually already spent a year there, but I ****ed up (2 . 0 G P A B O Y S). I took a year off and got reaccepted. I've gotta retake some classes atm. Still not 100% on choosing my major, so I'm just humanities atm. I was pre-business before, but I'm kinda rethinking that.
Well best of luck regardless of what you go for! I had a friend who did the same thing you did(screwed up, came back after a year) and succeeded marvelously. Don't let the past get you down, just do your best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom