• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
literally all of the gods are in losers

what a horrible place to be stuck in lmao

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I was once a zip boy
but then I met leffen and instead of walking 5 feet with Complaints/suggestions and telling us, he tweeted them all out

I am now a gyfboy.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I dunno why, but I love seeing people fall after they've had a good run. Like, if Armada wins Evo, and then gets totally beat the the ground for a few tournaments afterwards, I'll be so giddy. It's sadistic, but oh so sweet to see it happen. Leffen this tournament really made me happy.
Exhibit A as to why I really shouldn't be a teacher.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...man, I feel kinda bad for leffen

I can empathize with a perfectionist mindset, y'know? I'd probably have a hell of a better future ahead of me if I was willing to take a quick 60-70 in school, but I used to shake up and never turn in any of my work because it wasn't good enough.

leffen probably had it even worse, because he took that mindset all the way into his adulthood, where life doesn't knock you down for it so much as life shoves your head three feet into the dirt for it

Helsong

Smash Ace
Reminds me of a lot of college freshmen that come out of high school with 4.0 GPAs, and then come up against some seriously tough classes early on. I sympathize with them even as I take a mild pleasure in breaking their spirits, but really that's just so I can see them build it up again.

Leffen's gonna be back, he just has to accept when he's beaten.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

I can empathize with a perfectionist mindset, y'know? I'd probably have a hell of a better future ahead of me if I was willing to take a quick 60-70 in school, but I used to shake up and never turn in any of my work because it wasn't good enough.

leffen probably had it even worse, because he took that mindset all the way into his adulthood, where life doesn't knock you down for it so much as life shoves your head three feet into the dirt for it
No it's called throwing things when you're angry

My precious controller is the last thing I'd want to break

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Don't forget life deciding to take a dump on your head via flying bird on top of that.
No it's called throwing things when you're angry

My precious controller is the last thing I'd want to break
Thank god smash controllers are kinda cheap at least it wasn't a arcade stick lmao that will be 100+ dollars down the drain.

Call when doubles are done lol I'm watching MKX top 16 till then.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Anger issues are real things, don't knock people for not always being able to control it :/

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
...I can see why you're only good at techskill with that kind of mental understanding
Kind of the opposite to win Wifi tournies lol. My whole statement in those posts where when you ONLY have yourself in Scotch's situation.

I'll MM anyone at Smash N Splash in Melee/PM; I'm not sure if anyone in PMS will MM in Melee (Binary)

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Leffen is a kid, he's really passionate its his fire and his downfall. He'll grow out of it.

Plus he doesn't even have the worst attitude of the top players, he tries really hard to win for his sponsor.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I understand there may be a lack of control, but if one is still volatile enough to turn a controller into a projectile over a loss in a video game then why are they playing competitively?
I'm not always in the right mind either (though in a different way) but i know when I need to take a step back and rethink

Helsong

Smash Ace
oooh baby, MacLeffen just got wrecked hard by FourLeafMango.

I'm salivating right now. This tournament is so good. Or maybe it's that I'm really damn hungry.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I understand there may be a lack of control, but if one is still volatile enough to turn a controller into a projectile over a loss in a video game then why are they playing competitively?
I'm not always in the right mind either (though in a different way) but i know when I need to take a step back and rethink
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
That's like saying an alcoholic isn't responsible for getting in a car and swerving into a crowd of people because they are genetically predisposed to addiction and stupid behavior while under the influence. A legal defense people have actually used.

People think he was acting like an idiot, for good reason, get over it already PMS.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
That's like saying an alcoholic isn't responsible for getting in a car and swerving into a crowd of people because they are genetically predisposed to addiction and stupid behavior while under the influence. A legal defense people have actually used.

People think he was acting like an idiot, for good reason, get over it already PMS.
no that's actually not all like what it is

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

you just openly compared depression to being an alcoholic

you are incredibly lucky this is a forum and that my back hand smacking is relatively poor, boy

Top Bottom