• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Well, actually, with a few workarounds and some elbow grease, we managed to get Smashmouth Holograms to perform live in the middle of the stage as the blood of the damned seeps through the television.

It's probably our best work yet.
Serious question, why were wavedash sound effects removed? Squirtle's clapping noise when he wavedashed was awesome :c

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
no but I definitely want to see that

Also, who is currently the best Wolf player? I've decided to play Wolf and I need to learn summat.
Best wolves right now in order : Silent wolf (not a lot of recent footage) > Chillin(tons of footage)>Venom (socal) Rat/Scythe (good amounts of footage)
Soon to be SW/Neon>chillin/Venom imo

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/590351645
At the 3:20:00ish mark

The funny part is TK shows he knows pretty much nothing about Squirtle by saying that he was nerfed really hard
I saw that, though through the night there were a lot of commentators just spouting out opinions without seeming to know what they were talking about or the reasoning behind any of the changes. Seemed a lil stupid of TK to get silent and angry over a stupid opinion though and it wasn't like it was the only time that it seemed like his panties were in a twist that night.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Watching that stream PlateProp, I don't think you know what "getting pissed and flipping ****" actually means.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I saw that, though through the night there were a lot of commentators just spouting out opinions without seeming to know what they were talking about or the reasoning behind any of the changes. Seemed a lil stupid of TK to get silent and angry over a stupid opinion though and it wasn't like it was the only time that it seemed like his panties were in a twist that night.
Some squirtle mains think squirtle got destroyed, others think he just got some jank removed and is still fine. His biggest nerfs weren't side-b, but the turn around attack losing armor, active frames, and hitboxes. Its still good, but not as amazing as it was and makes things harder.

I'm still unsure as who to play this patch, GnW is amazing but I cant approach or pressure with him, fox is always great, Wolf is amazing this patch but a **** ton of work compared to the other spacies, and I still feel like Diddy is great despite the over-nerfs, and has tons of potential. He just has to play differently. Instead of stage control+simple, strong vertical combos, he is probably going to have to be a tricky potitional advantage character who relies on tech chases and resets +platform combos. I really think Diddy is still amazing, he has such a litteral vortex in how he covers people's wake up options, he just doesn't get anything off attacks or grabs at low percents and gets punshed. All of Diddy's fun stuff is still there... even though he got hit too hard imo I might main him, or main Fox/Diddy. Wolf is too much work even though I love him.

If only the fox/diddy MU wasn't 70/30 now. Holy **** does diddy get bopped by fox this patch.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Watching that stream PlateProp, I don't think you know what "getting pissed and flipping ****" actually means.
Dude he was bashing EE and asking him who he was on stream. EE was clearly upset

If that isin't getting pissed and flipping ****, then something's wrong with the world.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Some squirtle mains think squirtle got destroyed, others think he just got some jank removed and is still fine. His biggest nerfs weren't side-b, but the turn around attack losing armor, active frames, and hitboxes. Its still good, but not as amazing as it was and makes things harder.

I'm still unsure as who to play this patch, GnW is amazing but I cant approach or pressure with him, fox is always great, Wolf is amazing this patch but a **** ton of work compared to the other spacies, and I still feel like Diddy is great despite the over-nerfs, and has tons of potential. He just has to play differently. Instead of stage control+simple, strong vertical combos, he is probably going to have to be a tricky potitional advantage character who relies on tech chases and resets +platform combos. I really think Diddy is still amazing, he has such a litteral vortex in how he covers people's wake up options, he just doesn't get anything off attacks or grabs at low percents and gets punshed. All of Diddy's fun stuff is still there... even though he got hit too hard imo I might main him, or main Fox/Diddy. Wolf is too much work even though I love him.

If only the fox/diddy MU wasn't 70/30 now. Holy **** does diddy get bopped by fox this patch.
It seems like there was an influx of "MY CHARACTER IS BAD NOW" threads and shouts upon 3.5's drop. People like to immediately latch on to ideas that appeal emotionally to them.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with the commentators being uninformed or TKBreezy getting pissy for stupid reasons though.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Why do people want more white noise for a noisy game already?

I like the quiet with wavedashing, and that the sound designer seems competent at creating sword sounds and fixing stuff in regards to quality of life for the audience.

Some sounds can go either Melee or Brawl or even original samples, but we don't need tons of it everywhere clogging up the soundscape.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Why do people want more white noise for a noisy game already?

I like the quiet with wavedashing, and that the sound designer seems competent at creating sword sounds and fixing stuff in regards to quality of life for the audience.

Some sounds can go either Melee or Brawl or even original samples, but we don't need tons of it everywhere clogging up the soundscape.
I'd assume it has more to do with they got used to hearing certain sounds when they successfully performed the tech and a sudden change in sounds is a little offputting and difficult to adjust to.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Holy **** people looks like vectoring is officially dead.

And replaced by the normal DI we all know and love.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Greninja might be nerfed, but at least this means the bandwagon mains of the character will gtfo
Dedicated mains will prevail, like myself

*hasn't played pokemon since gen 2*
*hadn't heard of greninja before april direct*
*doesn't even have smash 4*

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I would be mad if I got foreign currency and fries instead of my hotdogs too.
omg I didn't notice lol, less embarrassing than saying gyro

Also

and ****
Lylat, that Lylat,
To the horrible in the a.

that's my haiku for lylat being an awful stage

wait I need to study haikus more

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
See, that's the thing that bothers me. What kind of systematic change would even lead to the presence of vectoring? Brawl retained and even tampered with DI values and only really altered when DI is applied (which lead to dumb **** but regardless) without any other side effects.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
See, that's the thing that bothers me. What kind of systematic change would even lead to the presence of vectoring? Brawl retained and even tampered with DI values and only really altered when DI is applied (which lead to dumb **** but regardless) without any other side effects.
I have no idea but I don't wanna ask, it just happened =3

Top Bottom