• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
You know, now with all of the Ganon changes, I don't think I can see the Ganon/Black Shadow thing working anymore. When is the next round of voting if at all?

Also SnK had potential but the pacing just slowed to a crawl. I think it's appeal was in the suspense it gave, and that's just no longer there.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
If you think Knuckles could be more of a Sonic clone than Shadow would be, you are mistaken. Shadow in his first and just about all appearances when he's not primarily using stupid slower-than-running vehicles and guns with terrible targetting is basically just a carbon copy of Sonic. Chaos spear is not enough of a difference for two characters that are essentially identical in their gameplay. If anything, he's typically the same as Sonic without all the goodies that Sonic gets (Like the bounce bracelet in SA2).

Knuckles on the other hand plays differently enough that it doesn't feel like you're ever playing as Red Sonic. He glides, he climbs walls (probably wouldn't translate well to Smash if he were in fact used), he digs into the ground, busts through walls by punching them, he runs slower, and jumps shorter. The only thing that he has in common with Sonic in the classic series is that he can spin dash and he can damage enemies by jumping/rolling into them.

tl:dr
Shadow is more similar to Sonic than Knuckles
Shadow is usually a carbon-copy of Sonic in most games (minus gunplay/vehicles)

Knuckles functions differently both in terms of abilities (Gliding/Climbing/Strength)
Sorry bro but you're dead wrong: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Powers

There's like 20 chaos moves listed there lol you could make up a whole moveset entirely of that ****

Knuckles just punches instead of kicking, not very different, I love him but c'mon I see so much potential in Shadow being wasted -_-

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Omg. sorry, Im so dumb. I assumed you guys stopped talking about PM and were talking about shadow in general for ssb4 or something. AHH!

But thanks for sharing this because now i know that the sonic characters are definitely the minority, which is kind of sad..
Well, on smashboards at least, but there's a lot of haters here, regardless it's what the people have decided unfortunately

EDIT: Was something done to landing detection? Cause I find it a lot easier to waveland on stage now, I don't see anything in the changelog about it, in fact, nothing was said about Link's bombs being changed either

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sorry bro but you're dead wrong: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Powers

There's like 20 chaos moves listed there lol you could make up a whole moveset entirely of that ****

Knuckles just punches instead of kicking, not very different, I love him but c'mon I see so much potential in Shadow being wasted -_-
How commonly are these abilities used in the majority of Sonic games where Shadow is playable?
If you're willing to give Shadow his chaos attacks from Sonic Battle, why not give Knuckles all the abilities he got too, including the ability to rip the earth apart and throw boulders?

Why do you seem to ignore the similarities in Sonic and Shadow's typical gameplay yet chalk Knuckles up to Sonic with punches instead of kicks?

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I just want a match with Isaac, Saki, Lyn, and Shadow. Is that too much to ask? I wonder who'd win..

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yes.
More serious answer: for their own sake.
What compelled you to ask a question like that? lol
Just like any other cartoon, ones based on robots are embodied with animation and human voice over to appeal to us: but they are only a psuedo-being. Especially MLP or Hatsune Miku, they're so fake and often lack full emotion, faker than real actors in a movie (who sometimes get over-powered by their roles, which I wouldn't imagine happens as much with plain voice overs) or a good Anime/Manga. But I asked you because I want to hear some counter arguments to tell me why I should care more about robots past a level of accepting they're cool. Do you like transformers because of the morals? Gundam because of the characters controlling the robots? Are all the robot shows 1/3 because they're cool robots and 2/3 because it's able to be emotionally related?

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
How commonly are these abilities used in the majority of Sonic games where Shadow is playable?
If you're willing to give Shadow his chaos attacks from Sonic Battle, why not give Knuckles all the abilities he got too, including the ability to rip the earth apart and throw boulders?

Why do you seem to ignore the similarities in Sonic and Shadow's typical gameplay yet chalk Knuckles up to Sonic with punches instead of kicks?
Who cares? The abilities are there, use them, but really man whatever I don't really care to discuss this nonsense anymore it's getting ridiculous

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Who cares? The abilities are there, use them, but really man whatever I don't really care to discuss this nonsense anymore it's getting ridiculous
Obviously I cared enough to ask you. If you didn't care enough in the first place, you shouldn't have spent any time discussing it cause now it just seems like butthurt annoyance on your part. :(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...I can't tell what you people are even arguing about anymore.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Obviously I cared enough to ask you. If you didn't care enough in the first place, you shouldn't have spent any time discussing it cause now it just seems like butthurt annoyance on your part. :(
I guess I cared to begin with a little but now I look at this and I'm just wasting time discussing some nonsense that doesn't even matter lol, more like I just realized, "wait.... wtf am I doing having an conversation about something so dumb." Sorry dude I wasted everyone's time here with that haha let's just move along

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I guess I cared to begin with a little but now I look at this and I'm just wasting time discussing some nonsense that doesn't even matter lol, more like I just realized, "wait.... wtf am I doing having an conversation about something so dumb." Sorry dude I wasted everyone's time here with that haha let's just move along
Fair enough, though I don't think discussing anything is necessarily meaningless or dumb. So long as we're exchanging ideas, we're attempting to expand our own knowledge (even if widely considered to be useless knowledge). I'll drop it if you're not enjoying it anymore though.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Leave all forms of sanic away from my smash pls. He's already soiling PM and Smash 4 as is, no need for more extremely creative and original spindash-centered movesets

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Leave all forms of sanic away from my smash pls. He's already soiling PM and Smash 4 as is, no need for more extremely creative and original spindash-centered movesets
Spindash is not necessarily the key to all Sanic characters. I'm fairly sure in later Sonic games, only Sonic and Shadow can spindash anymore....though I could be wrong there.

Edit; Okay, partially right. In most 3D games Sonic is the only one to be able to spindash. Although in Sonic 4 Episode 2, Tails can Spindash as well. Others haven't really been able to do it since the Sonic Advance trilogy and Sonic Rivals (If you want to consider that game as existing).

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yo, can someone tell me for 100% certainty that japanese smash 64 did or did not have actual DI?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That's why Shadow gets a gun, and becomes designed in a way that he should have in Shadow The Hedgehog.

@ Ripple Ripple lower DI I think and no SDI at all or something. The 64 forum would pry know. Tell me when you find out.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Are all the robot shows 1/3 because they're cool robots and 3/3 because it's able to be emotionally related?
Fixed.
Mecha are for garnishing story.
As a direct example,(since you brought it up)many Transformers characters would be be interesting even if they were something other than mechanical forms of life. i.e. Dudes like this:

DON'T have to be living mecha to be cool, though it's helpful lol.
...I do like technology for it's own sake, though.

That's literally the first time I've ever seriously been asked about that and not have it be a troll, so if I seemed terse I'm sorry.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I know for a fact it did actually. its just 40% less effective and requires a tighter timing
For reals?
that makes sense actually I guess, kinda crazy to just throw in a new mechanic for the release in a different region

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Making a video on the smash communitys history and it's growth as a culture.

I love when I can make videos for school and videos for Youtube #multitasking

You guys can see it first and stuff yay

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my own recording is on the fritz. when I go to EXP this weekend I'll make it. Strong Bad will also be in attendance and I've already told him about it. He told me they are willing to fix it in the bug update whenever that will come out

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
my own recording is on the fritz. when I go to EXP this weekend I'll make it. Strong Bad will also be in attendance and I've already told him about it. He told me they are willing to fix it in the bug update whenever that will come out
O_O fix what exactly again? Do you know exactly what the AD change was in the first place, I never saw an explanation.

Did I ever tell you about his added double aerials past Melee?

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
his double aerials past melee? like attacking/jumping after a short hop bair?

and fixing his SCD. marth and roy can't perfect waveland.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lmao plz don't make a knuckles that can throw boulders. There's this ****ty psa of him that could do that my friends tried. It was so lame.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Shadow the Edgehog sort of outlived his usefulness after dying in SA2 and then being forced back to life in order to carry guns instead of Chaos Control powers and now doesn't serve the role of either a rival or a friend, he's just sort of there.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, he could have been a mostly well-executed character if they just had the balls to kill him off in the first place. I think even Sega at this point realizes that his existence is mostly extraneous with the Sonic-central direction they've mostly been taking the games in.

Top Bottom