• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
The sfx nerfs in 3.5 are too much, bring back mario's hooh when wavedashing, and other sfx changes are outright bad, I feel like throwing up because of them

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
The sfx nerfs in 3.5 are too much, bring back mario's hooh when wavedashing, and other sfx changes are outright bad, I feel like throwing up because of them
I'm not too sure how to react to the new sounds. Especially Marth. They gave him his Melee sounds, which I haven't played in months

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
No, its baller af.
I can agree about other sfx.
Just to name a few, I don't like pit's and I feel like there were at a loss with sonic.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm not too sure how to react to the new sounds. Especially Marth. They gave him his Melee sounds, which I haven't played in months
Melee sounds are good
Ganon is all like TCHEK and Sheik is like tsu tsu tsu

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So, friend'ing people on smashboards. That's like, not a thing anymore? WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL MY BEAUTIFUL FRANDS
How am I suppose to friend zone people on smashboards now??????

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Only sfx I really don't like anymore is samus ice fair.
The move got IASA, audio AND visual nerfs, it's not even fair

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
IT BRINGS BACK MARIOS HOOH!?!

PRAISE JESUS!

I like Jigglies, Pikachus and Game and Watches, bc their other ones didn't fit. Im thinking about their yell when theyre hit at high percents tho

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
link tho?
Bracket: http://showdowngg.challonge.com/SFGameNight25
Youtube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/user/showdowngg/videos
Twitch VOD (necessary if you want to watch Flash vs SFAT bcs it isn't on youtube for some reason): http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash/b/590394865

Also, gonna give some shout outs to showdownsmash. Not only do they have great players like SFAT, Shroomed, and other of NorCal's finest, but they have some of the best, raw, non-epsorts commentary ft. HMW and other NorCal top players. Follow them. Really. They stream the same night as S@X PM.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Hey guys

Now you get to feel like Sheik and Marth and basically every melee character that isn't Fox
Life so hard
Plenty of characters have a decent decent recovery in Melee. Even if they're hit away like Falcon they have a chance to recover vs. pretty much screwed tether characters.

That reminds me why does Link's sword sound like an actual sword?

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Yeah why the f did they bring back Marth's old dolphin slash sound??? I like the voice clip but Marth's Brawl DS had such a powerful sound and made him feel more different from Roy, but no, can't have that

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Seeing as you were one of the staunchest defenders of Smash 4 in this thread for quite a while, this just makes me smile.
it's not really a criticism of the game, it's more of a "what the **** how is this happening"

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
Yo every1 add my nintendo ID i need friends i wanna whip all ya asses its
xyoloswagx or 420blazeit. ( i dont remember and too lazy to check)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Plenty of characters have a decent decent recovery in Melee. Even if they're hit away like Falcon they have a chance to recover vs. pretty much screwed tether characters.
There's a difference between being able to reach the stage in terms of raw distance and having a linear/edge-guardable recovery. A lot of the recoveries in Melee reached far distances (Falcon kick, double jump), but most of them were pretty easy to read or edgeguard (Sheik teleport landing lag, Marth straight up recovery, etc.) and were pretty mediocre or just straight up bad. In that sense, it's not all too different to tethers now.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just want Fox and Falco to have their Brawl sfx back for all their attacks and kicks and stuff. The silent crunches are terrible and have been since they did it. I liked the sounds they had in Brawl.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I bet you guys will forget about all this SFX stuff in like a week.

Besides, now that addons are a thing you could change it so easily.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Sound effect changes don't really bother me

I'm just weirded out because I was thinking about CPU Roy's UpB. I don't know if it was fixed in 3.5, but he used to be able to recover one way while attacking in the other.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Sound effect changes don't really bother me

I'm just weirded out because I was thinking about CPU Roy's UpB. I don't know if it was fixed in 3.5, but he used to be able to recover one way while attacking in the other.
I do that and I'm not even a CPU.
I do it to OHKO Jiggs... speaking of which when is Roy's jiggs ohko getting nerfed because....

Last edited:
Top Bottom