• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
peeps be literally grabbing me out of invincibility frames in rolls in smash 4 like they've been given special powers for the express purpose of making me mad

long story short I just threw my 3DS at a wall and I think I'm done with smash 4 for a while
Seeing as you were one of the staunchest defenders of Smash 4 in this thread for quite a while, this just makes me smile.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
RIP Falco's spiking properties on Fair and other multi hitting aerials like Shiek's Uair and MK's Fair as well :( . Also stop playing on For Glory lol that place will just make you mad. Play on Anther's netplay ladder instead and get your grind on.

Also please fix Falco's up smash so that opponents won't drop out before the second hit connects at high percents when I tend to go for a punish. :(

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
RIP Falco's spiking properties on Fair and other multi hitting aerials like Shiek's Uair and MK's Fair as well :( . Also stop playing on For Glory lol that place will just make you made. Play on Anther's netplay ladder instead and get your grind on.

Also please fix Falco's up smash so that opponents won't drop out before the second hit connects at high percents when I tend to go for a punish. :(
What's Anthers netplay ladder? Does it have less lag than For Glory for some reason?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
What's Anthers netplay ladder? Does it have less lag than For Glory for some reason?
http://www.smashladder.com/

It's just a different way to go about matchmaking. For Glory will match you up with basically anyone, whereas the ladder is a congregation of players, so you can arrange matches with individuals. It will probably be less laggy on average, since you can favor players close to you.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Woke up after only 4 hours of sleep and couldn't fall back asleep
body why

Today should be fun

At least this should fix my sleep schedule, provided I make it through the day.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
http://www.smashladder.com/

It's just a different way to go about matchmaking. For Glory will match you up with basically anyone, whereas the ladder is a congregation of players, so you can arrange matches with individuals. It will probably be less laggy on average, since you can favor players close to you.
Pretty much what Kally Wally explained. It allows you to practice with individuals and has an stage list and use 3 stock 8 minutes with a counterpick feature in the website after you and your opponent get each others friend codes then it's all self explanatory. There is also an ladder for Melee and PM netplay as well. As for folks who are near you can play players near to you but i have some good experience playing some folks from New York and Cali and having near flawless connections for Smash 4 recently.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Well, this might be the nail in the coffin for me and Sm4sh. I only played Shiek cause she was the only one who I was comfortable with how she played, and I had a lot of trouble killing as it is. Now everything is just out right unrewarding to do.

Say, is it always a soapbox at Sm4sh Boards? I was considering talking about the nerfs there, but then I realized everyone was just trying to justify the removal of tech.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Say, is it always a soapbox at Sm4sh Boards? I was considering talking about the nerfs there, but then I realized everyone was just trying to justify the removal of tech.
Anything the developers do is holy and you can't change it. Better accept it because it was obviously the best choice.

This is the mindset of many.

Reminds me of people in Elsword trying to justify the fact that 4 skill slots was and is worth $9.00 for one character.
Utter bull****.

That one thing is why KoG hasn't gotten any of my money yet either lol.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, the amount of justification for AT/glitch removal (I really don't care, but these people do when it comes to stupid semantics) comes off as hugely apologetic.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Is anyone else really salty as to how much tethers were nerfed?

- Can't cancel tether
- Once or twice per airtime
- Seeks ledge much later if Zair.
- If ledgehogged you're screwed 100% vs. a sex kick or Falco dair. If the person somehow messed that up then you're subject to easy mode punish on stage.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Kinda makes me proud that I'm a ride or die dude for when it comes to the Star Fox and FE characters for smash but mostly Star Fox characters. Real Rap if there wasn't a smash game without Star Fox characters I wouldn't even touch it.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If Nintendo nerfs Sheik I think I'll just drop the game
Hey guys

- Can't cancel tether
- If ledgehogged you're screwed 100% vs. a sex kick or Falco dair. If the person somehow messed that up then you're subject to easy mode punish on stage.
Now you get to feel like Sheik and Marth and basically every melee character that isn't Fox
Life so hard

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
All top tiers were nerfed, true, but mah gurl ZSS got [mostly] buffed.
2 days til the game releases, hyyyyp

Also rip Greninja dacus. That **** woulda been too good

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I was never really into Smash 4 in the first place.
But now that they're removing AT's just cause, I think my Wii U copy will only be used for 4v4 nonsense.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
*getting rid of rewarding abilities found through experimentation*

I'm sorry, as much as I like Sm4sh I have no idea how it could be seen as competitive

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

- Can't cancel tether
I didn't know about Falco>>>>>>tethers
Ok I'll Falco any tether
Mk dair seems to wreck tethers. The timing is a lil hard tho

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just gonna leave this here, but remember that melee Japanese player Flash? At a NorCal tournament he just beat HMW 2-0, SFAT 3-2, Silent Wolf 3-0, and Silent Wolf again in GF 3-2. This could actually mean something.

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna leave this here, but remember that melee Japanese player Flash? At a NorCal tournament he just beat HMW 2-0, SFAT 3-2, SW 3-0, and SW again in GF 3-2. This could actually mean something.
All i can think of when i see the tag Flash is the legendary Korean starcraft player

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Wait, are you asking me to rate you? I don't know if I have the proper context to do so effectively, not to mention how dumb it is to assign arbitrary numbers to one's own perception of another person's worth

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
what if I told you I'm wearing a choice scarf and have perfect ivs

Top Bottom