• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Learning OoS waveshine.

This is the second most frustrating and tedious tech I've ever tried to learn, right behind waveshining.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Learning OoS waveshine.

This is the second most frustrating and tedious tech I've ever tried to learn, right behind waveshining.
Ummm try doing the jump OoS with up on the c-stick, then let your thumb keep going in that direction to B
Or you could just learn double-shine timing and do it with Y->B. C-stick is easier because it buffers the jump

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I really need a copy of melee. I want to practice Falco, but what's the point if the timings feel much more different in PM compared to Melee. I also need to get used to the absence of rar, lol.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
My computer science studies never fail to get in the way of my coding. I want to learn wii/asm hacking, but no idea where to start or how to find the time. =<

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I was wrong about Sethlon playing Sonic in 2.1, it was in 2.5.
I played mostly Sonic in 2.1. For the last bit of it I played Ike, but that was partially because I was already in the PMBR at that point in time and was playtesting all the different variations of Sonic there.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Man, KDJ was right... Rosalina has some issues. Like, if luma is in hitstun offstage it just dies. You cant call it back.

in other news:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I was hoping the passing of Harold Ramis would quell any possibility of continuing the series.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hollywood when it comes to dead people is like lolwhut time to make money but we will put your name in a separate section at the end credits.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
lol I just went on my android and noticed it saved my search inputs I did from my PC on Google; this shouldn't be surprising me

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Melee doc's up-b cancel is the coolest thing in the game
Why cant PM mario have it? Nerf some of the stuff, then give him up-b cancels and have the last hit of down-b spike like in 64.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Jimmy Johns is literally three miles away from my house yet they won't deliver because it's out of their range.

jimmy johns why do u hurt me

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Most jimmy johns that deliver have people on bikes zipping around.
At least thats what its like on campus, I guess they dont want their bikers to be making a 6 mile round trip

Vashimus

Smash Master
Getting used to Brawl-style neutral is tiring
But Sheik is still really good so it's not so bad
"Really good" is an understatement.

Man, KDJ was right... Rosalina has some issues. Like, if luma is in hitstun offstage it just dies. You cant call it back.
Doesn't really matter much because the Luma respawns pretty quickly and Rosalina doesn't rely on it as much as Popo needs Nana or Olimar needs Pikmin.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
welp. i'm definitely going to fail that anthropology exam. like half the questions i had literally no clue on. had to leave two of four written questions blank because i had no answer. god dammit ;ja;dfja

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Jimmy Johns is literally three miles away from my house yet they won't deliver because it's out of their range.

jimmy johns why do u hurt me
Is it in a different town?

From my experience with delivery it has to be within the particular towns they will go to even if you are just on the border between them.

D

Deleted member

I played mostly Sonic in 2.1. For the last bit of it I played Ike, but that was partially because I was already in the PMBR at that point in time and was playtesting all the different variations of Sonic there.
so 2.5 sonic was your fault? finally, a face to match the crime.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm not by any means consistent with multishines, but I use :GCD::GCB::GCU::GCD::GCB: etc.

Wouldn't it technically be easier to shine oos with :GCLT::GCU::GCD::GCB:? I haven't practiced spacies in a while, but I assume this would be the easiest way to do it with tap-jump on. Otherwise I can't do it with x/y.

I also SHDL with Fox using tap jump, lel.

D

Deleted member

the fastest way for fox to do shine or multishine is generally agreed upon to use the Y button, you can simply hold down and then slide your thumb from y to b over and over, same with shine OOS, except you only have to slide once. the only time tap jump is optimal for shine cancel imo is for shinegrab, which is admittedly godly

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My computer science studies never fail to get in the way of my coding. I want to learn wii/asm hacking, but no idea where to start or how to find the time. =<
if (!wizard)
wiiOrAsmHacking = false;
I'm not by any means consistent with multishines, but I use :GCD::GCB::GCU::GCD::GCB: etc.

Wouldn't it technically be easier to shine oos with :GCLT::GCU::GCD::GCB:? I haven't practiced spacies in a while, but I assume this would be the easiest way to do it with tap-jump on. Otherwise I can't do it with x/y.

I also SHDL with Fox using tap jump, lel.
Physically moving the stick might take too long, and it is a lot of movement for your finger, leading to inconsistency.
-----
And obviously that is the Catwoman outfit for Metal Gear Rising 2: Revengence Re-risen.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Moving the stick isn't so bad when you factor hitlag on shield/on hitting the opponent. You have the natural delayed window for jumping out of shine (it's not quite instant like most people believe, can't cancel the move on Frame 1 with jump), and with hitlag added in it makes using the stick more viable. However, using the stick to not just jump out of shine, but then wavedash out of it, is probably way too hard for most people that aren't already used to the method

Usmash out of shine might also be easier (or more comfortable) with the stick. For most people, if you use your thumb to press Y for the jump, you'll have to go way back to the C-stick for the Usmash input or still do the manual stick input for Usmash.

Optimal Shine out of shield (since we're talking about shine) is to use c-stick buffering, especially if you are suffering from shield lag due to the opponent's attack. C-stick will have you jump out as quick as possible, and from there you can poop out a shine like noone's business

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That is just not for me, sounds great if you enjoy moving the control stick up and down fairly quickly over 30 times a game.
We Mario Party now.
I wish I was playing Dota instead of wishing I was doing my math test instead of wishing I was doing my spanish instead of doing tons of small problems for computer science that I now must finish all tonight because I procrastinated.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought that was the whole reason we played Smash, to see who can move their sticks better!

Top Bottom