• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Page 999, the next page will be a new chapter in the pm social legacy.

CONTINUE SOCIALIZING MY FRIENDS, FOR WE HAVE MADE HISTORY. OUR RANDOM THOUGHTS AND DISCUSSIONS SHALL LIVE FOREVER IN THE TIMELESS DEPTHS OF THE INTERNET!!!!!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Actual it's just 40000 posts of not much content. Probably a lot of anime talk. Pokemon talk has dwindled the longer I've been on the site, so pretty much just anime. Some smash talk sprinkled in. Some relationship issues.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I made a quick notecard app for myself to help with studying. It asks you random questions. I'll add more features later like keeping track of what you got right and wrong. It's really barebones at the moment and all questions/answers are hardcoded instead of loaded from a text file but I'll do that later as well. If anyone wants it after I finish cleaning it up and adding those features I'd be more than happy to share it. I just didn't want to waste time looking around online to find an app I'd like since most of them only do like 80% of what I want. :p
Hit me pls.

I finally finished Ippo, for reals this time. Really enjoyable, I want to read the manga now.
Need to watch that, saw the last episode of two of them from when someone linked that bear one (was that you?)

Falco fair has more landing lag than knee.

Take already bad move + give it a **** ton of lag = amazing design. Ty based Sakuri
Even in Brawl it had a ton of landing lag (was it good in Brawl? I thought it was bad). Nair all day instead, same thing but less landing lag and less range, still leads into Up Tilt too (<- Brawl.)

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
What's the max distance donkey Kong can get in the home ruin contest by just cargo holding the sandbag and running with it in tow?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Even in Brawl it had a ton of landing lag (was it good in Brawl? I thought it was bad). Nair all day instead, same thing but less landing lag and less range, still leads into Up Tilt too (<- Brawl.)
It's been a while since I've played Brawl, but yeah, I remember it being bad there, but I don't think it had nearly as much lag.

Player -0

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I've played Brawl, but yeah, I remember it being bad there, but I don't think it had nearly as much lag.
I think the landing lag is comparable to Mario's landing lag Fair. I think there's definitely (I think -> definitely. I'm not indecisive.) enough time for an MK to grab a Falco in landing lag from Fair from half of an FD away.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah Falco's landing lag on Fair is still the same but they buffed it overall from a don't used this move to use this move kinda cause all the hits connect much more easily now as well and the final hit will come out if you SH it as opposed to brawl but you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

As for MK I still feel he's good despite the nerfs just not BS but gimps are gonna be harder though in the engine.

EDIT: The look of disgust on Boss's face.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I feel like the difference between design a character to work as a concept and designing a character to be great is pretty distinct. I dont know if its intentionally, but I feel like characters such as old sonic, Ike, M2, Squirtle, wario, wolf, and others were built with a specific goal or idea that the character as a whole would reflect, while then characters like Link, Mario, Lucas, GnW, etc were made by taking some pre-existing concept and just making it all around better, and not tweaking it to flex out certain aspects.
5 AM rant but yeah
I find it interesting to think about creation mindsets, between "lets make this character/idea more solid than it currently is" and "lets take a concept or character with interesting unique potential,re-make parts and tweak other parts it so that it fits together and works, and let balance be more apparent later"
2.1 Ike (and Lucario) were designed to be the funnest characters in the game. I played 2.1 again a little less than a year ago for whatever reason and Ike was just gloriously amazing, with Side-b going 2x the distance it does now and the reduced hitlag on hit and ugh. Instantly pulled a sick combo on a CPU.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
2.1 Ike (and Lucario) were designed to be the funnest characters in the game. I played 2.1 again a little less than a year ago for whatever reason and Ike was just gloriously amazing, with Side-b going 2x the distance it does now and the reduced hitlag on hit and ugh. Instantly pulled a sick combo on a CPU.
Yo 2.1 was the first version I played, my heart still belongs to that Ike fsmash killing at 40%. Man that demo was such a classic, Back then Ganondorf seemed good haha

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Pokemon talk has dwindled the longer I've been on the site, so pretty much just anime.
Thankfully Nintendo knew of the social thread's affinity for pokemon, but know that we love smash even more.

That's why they decided to release Smash Wii U on November 21st, as to stop the flood of Pokemon that would of befell this thread.

Also page 1000 hype soon.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Yo 2.1 was the first version I played, my heart still belongs to that Ike fsmash killing at 40%. Man that demo was such a classic, Back then Ganondorf seemed good haha
And Wario and Sonic were complete garbage.

How the times have changed.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah now the only characters worth playing are Mewtwo and Diddy Kong Kappa

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
And Wario and Sonic were complete garbage.

How the times have changed.
Sonic was never close to bad in any version? Wario was apparently lackluster in the first release he was in or something, but the Sonic then may have been the best Sonic there was. Rat dropped him after 2.5 hit because he couldn't do the same stuff (crazy shield break spin wavelands he did that may have never got recorded), while Sethlon dropped him before it even hit due to him feeling too broken for his roy groping self; only for Wizzrobe to keep finding out how to still play him in 2.5 onward

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Are you kidding me SpiderMad, leelue used to give the PMBR all kinds of **** over Sonic back then lol

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Are you kidding me SpiderMad, leelue used to give the PMBR all kinds of **** over Sonic back then lol
What? What's your argument again? Leelue was proven wrong by Wizzrobe after he was saying 2.5 Sonic was bad IIRC
Were you around for all of 2.1?

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I mean in 2.1 when he used to main him. Sonic doesn't have the best range anyway, but I definitely remember a lot his moves getting stuffed all the time back then.

MLGF

Smash Lord
2.1 Ike
Glorious, glorious Ike.
Gimme more o' dat.

And thus we got Mewtwo.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also lucario's neutral wasn't total trashheap on bad character mountain. also, still had that RNG input lag left over from brawl, good times

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I mean in 2.1 when he used to main him. Sonic doesn't have the best range anyway, but I definitely remember a lot his moves getting stuffed all the time back then.
Nah I think you're pretty mistaken, Leelue had himself proven horribly wrong on some of his predictions/stances (some may not be in post form, he had an hour conversation with Wizzrobe on this stream chat one time) and they were on 2.5 Sonic being bad not 2.1 (and maybe he and Eli thought 2.1 Sonic was somewhat bad, then got proved by Wizzrobe wrong, and thought 2.5 Sonic was even more bad and Wizzrobe proved wrong again and so on)

http://smashmods.com/forum/threads/...nic-show-me-your-news-project-m-podcast.5884/
You can read this, the overall post tells you it was toning him down (though they messed up and made a different monster of the same thing [IIRC someone like Wizzrobe put it as they nerfed Down-b but made Side-b everything that prior Down-b was] ), Rat then hated him for his lack of certain options beyond also probably thinking he was plain bad (even after he made this post) and switched to Squirtle, then my Diddy beat his Squirtle and Oro's ZSS and Fox on these HDTVs http://smashboards.com/threads/exp-gaming-wavedash-wednesday-3-27-13.335279/

Wait hold on, hmmm

I was wrong about Sethlon playing Sonic in 2.1, it was in 2.5.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I kinda don't blame Rat. That new Side-B looked like the most awkward thing in the world at the time. Kinda still is to me.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yeah but I'm not sure how you got mistaken to think 2.1 Sonic was bad from apparently a couple Leelue posts, and this was all in 2012 so I'm not sure how you were around then either (Unless you were like me and have been around since 2010 mysteriously)

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I just remember various people complaining about his design. Couldn't really remember if it was because of his general character design or that he needed needed buffs, but he definitely had some of the worst priority in the game back then.

I liked messing around as 2.1 Sonic more than I do current Sonic, but that's only because I was scrubbing it out with the HA cancels.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So what was your prior account to Vashimus then? Or did you lurk without any for a few months as you discovered the scene at that time?

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
So what was your prior account to Vashimus then? Or did you lurk without any for a few months as you discovered the scene at that time?
It was Vash on Smashmods, but yeah I lurked for a few months before then.

I think I found out about it when I learned Brawl modding was a thing and wanted to know how to separate the Pokemon Trainer pokemon. lol Found out about P:M, downloaded 2.0 not really knowing what it was, played it and was like, "Holy ****, this is amazing." And that's when I started getting more interested in it.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I heard that david letterman bid farewell to his fans and uploaded himself to a computer so he could marry hatsune miku

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Letterman needs to retire already
I'm so ready for Colbert

and that hatsune miku **** hurt to watch

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I hate the Talk Show format.

Do a little monologue (usually terrible) then do some skit followed by two celebrities that the host pretends to care about, then some pop music. And that takes an hour but feels like and hour and a half.

I doubt even Colbert can make that tired old formula work. What makes his show great is that the celebrity is at the end for a quick interview where they are actually the confused mark, a punching bag for laughs.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
God damnit smash 4.

been putting work into robin this whole time since it came out.

Decide to play yoshi for fun.

1406558732947.gif

Literally a pick up main.

Even better, somehow playing yoshi improved my robin game too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't stand playing 2.1 Ike. I go to DACUS and it just doesn't happen because he didn't have one lol

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
If I delete my sm4sh data can I just re-dl it from the store since it'll recogize the sdcard# or IP or w/e?

Last edited:
Top Bottom