• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
shadow the hedgehog's down special makes him fall to his knees and, weepy-eyed, accept the gospel of our lord and savior jesus christ

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mr L would be the worse clone, because 80% of his stuff was Bro-bot related and that would not translate into Smash. So he'd effectively be masked Luigi with absolutely no difference worth putting out

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
What is mr l even from

Also plz luigi death stare taunt in 3.5 plz ty based PMDT

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mr L is from the Paper Mario that we try to kind of pretend doesn't exist

and I wish I was talking about Sticker Star too

No sir, I mean Super Paper Mario

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've seen people play the paper Mario games and found them highly unappealing

I don't see the point of a humor based jrpg. And it was all just so narmy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
NOTHIN PERSONNEL, KIDDD

*State of the art graphics/presentation*

Coldsteel is ready to die god. Someone pull the plug on his Purple dingus

Edit:

Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are both pretty solid games. I think TTYD would have been super amazing if they had some slightly better balance applied: super guard is broken. 64 would also be pretty cool if you could actually play after final boss :(

I highly recommend everyone at least play the first one/64 one.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I have a feeling that mech and bleck would not be very good friends irl

Maybe steamy hot kismeses though

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Watching Umi Zoomi with my mom's daycare kid; this child on the show just tried riding a scooter for the first time and completely f***ed up and now has a small bleeding injury on his knee, so now the Umi Zoomi people have to get him a bandage.

Now one of the Umi Zoomi guys just plugged up sprinklers so they could walk in front of them to get to the kid. Why the hell hasn't Nickelodean heard of a concept known as the third dimension, depth? These guys never walk around things, and neither did Dora. Dora's adventures could have been over in a minute if instead of singing to a giant red sleeping rooster, she just walked around it. Like wtf.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I have a feeling that I and everyone else would not be very good friends irl

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Super Paper Mario is better than everyone says! Give it a chance!
It's fairly decent, just disappointing that it went a different direction than the previous 2. Also holy crud the card system was broken in that game!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I have a feeling that I and everyone else would not be very good friends irl
You remind me a lot of my Egyptian American friend. He likes jojo and PM a lot and a lot of your humor is similar.

Also I was under the impression that custom titles (Umbreon's "......") reset after premium ran out. Is it a former staff thing?

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, 'Change this to a meat dish!!'"

************, the luxurious meal costs $40.

As for the new Megas, STILL waiting for Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Super Paper Mario struck me as one of those games that falls into the weird category of "good/decent game but not a good game in its series".

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The different direction the game took, along with some of the more broken aspects made it harder to enjoy it. Not enough penalty for overstaying in 3D mode, half of the pixl's were primarily used for their own chapter and then took a backseat until like Bleck's Castle, card system was broken, getting Dashell early was broken, etc

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Super Paper Mario struck me as one of those games that falls into the weird category of "good/decent game but not a good game in its series".
Mostly it was just boooooooring. I got about 5 hours into it, and still absolutely nothing interesting had happened, nor had I been challenged or engaged in any way. Wanted to like it, just couldn't.

It's better than drinking from a colostomy bag, but I still regret paying for the experience.

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
It no longer sweetspots the ledge on the descent, and you can no longer cancel it. I keep seeing people trying to recover in such a way that would have been successful were they playing Project M and subsequently losing a stock.

In other news, YESSSSS
mega beedrill is glorious! also dat mega sableye

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The thing I find amazing about all this Sakurai arguing is: if all he did was move the clones into a costume slot, all that complaining about them would all go away. People would still care about missing characters, but nothing about clones would be said.

Literally less work on his part would have pleased more people than even giving them a few tweaks. I still find that pretty shocking and maddening, but it's how the human mind works I guess.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Have you guys seen Amanda Bynes' most recent Tweets? She's like having a mini-meltdown; apparently her father tried and pressure her to do a lot of sexual things with him when she was younger.

https://twitter.com/amandabynes

Kinda sad to read about.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Don't believe her when she is talking about microchips controlling her actions.

Yes she may be telling the truth or just may be nuts.
Oh damn I just read that one.

It's sad that no one recognized the signs of her spiral towards insanity; you'd think someone would have noticed when she started dancing with lobsters.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Holy **** the wolf/charizard MU is hard, any of the zard players here have exp from the opposite end of the MU?
Like Zard can just do up-smash OoS and it covers all wolf's shield pressure, it hits frame 7 and wolf cant put out a hitbox till frame 8, and most of wolf's shield mix-ups involve jumping over them after the shine to avoid the grabs. Not frame perfect and you get grabbed. Get touched once, zard can stay underneath you and juggle you for days, gimps with just dtilt at like 20%
Shine-grabs and lasers my only saving grace in the MU, feels like 70/30 zard but I'm also putting myself in bad positions trying to run away on platforms too much. Probably even or 60/40 zard. I also kept forgetting to footstool, too much melee made me rusty.
Its hella fun, its like fighting a giant fire-breathing marth. Actually every MU in PM for spacies feels like fighting a marth.

Who else knew zard was a big-bodied marth/shiek hybrid with a better recovery?
Zard/Pika are going to be so crazy in 3.5 I think. So excited for the next patch.

Damn it I just want to smash, stupid Ochem tests taking up all my free time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom