• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So upsets happening everywhere?

I saw plenty of people predict Ultra would lead to many unexpected results this Evo if only because the game has been out a month and that's going to cause some randomness.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it ended up causing unexpected results b/c it turns out that the character that you played for years will do better than that top tier which you picked up the second ultra came out

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That Daigo set was some of the most boring SF I have ever even considered watching. I dunno what to expect from basically Ryu dittos, but it wasn't that.
Palette cleanser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT55Y7VXJHU
DEHF beat Lucky
Chillin beat Colbol twice
my god this tournament
ZeRo beat Fiction
Darkrain beat Silent Wolf

excuse me
ZANGUZEN BEAT HAX
WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING ****

Lambchops > KDJ
Zanguzen > Hax
Swiftbass > Westballz
Westballz > DJ Nintendo (eliminated)
Cyrain > Reno (eliminated)
ZeRo > SFAT
aMSa > Tai
PewPewU > Eddy Mexico
PewPewU > aMSa
Chu Dat > Pikachad
Duck > Kels
Hbox > Duck
Shroomed > Cactuar

Pikachad was eliminated
Mattdotzeb was eliminated

Colbol > Zhu
Shroomed > Darkrain
Chillin > Bladewise
aMSa > Lambchops

Mike Haze was eliminated

Swedish Delight > s0ft (eliminated)
Axe > HugS
J666 > Tipsy
Chillin > Bladewise
aMSa > Lambchops (eliminated)
Axe > J666
Excel_Zero > Bizarro Flame (eliminated)
Mango > Chillin
Plup > Lord
Cyrain > Kels
Chu Dat > Swiftbass
Hyprid > Lord HDL (eliminated)
Nintendude > ARC
Called it, called it, called it. ..except for Hyprid > HDL

Mango
Armada
PP
M2K
Hbox
Axe
PewPewU

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
it ended up causing unexpected results b/c it turns out that the character that you played for years will do better than that top tier which you picked up the second ultra came out
I guess they didn't pay attention to those little Street Fighter related tips they were showing on stream when nothing was going on:

"Tier lists do not correspond with a player's skill."

SpiderMad

Smash Master
M2K just got horrible sleep at Kings of Cali

You must be remember he has his awesome controller

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Injustice Top 8 is over. RG Sonic Fox is the champion with Batgirl coming from LF in a sweeping 6-0 fashion over Pig of the Hut.

EDIT: Also Raiden got announced for MKX as everyone expected. Now KOF13 is next on the main stream.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Dude always seems to have his john controller ready when he needs a reason for not winning.
Waking up naturally at 9pm a few days before a tournament is legitimate reason to under perform. This john meme is frankly quite absurd.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Everyone's different but when I got to go to work I have to adjust my sleep schedule in a day or two.

Doesn't explain why he keeps a ****ty controller around when he could simply buy a new one for tournament play.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
then he should deal with that because everything--EVERYTHING--counts towards your status as a top player. that's a john, that's a massive john, because that is something that affects him not being the best, and you're trying to pretend it isn't

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If your not getting enough rest before a big event like Evo then that's all on you and that's your mistake controller johns or not especially if your in a placement such as top 32/16/8.

EDIT: Also KOF13 top 8 has started get hype for international carnage in the FGC version of Soccer.
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
South America loves their KOF. Respect for people supporting it for this long because it's not an easy game at all.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
silent wolf lost the first match out of pools and proceeded to pull a mango all the way to top 8

respect

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I wonder just how severe Mango's hand pain is, there comes a certain point that will immediately render you unable to play

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I don't know about everyone here, but I am SO excited for tomorrow.

Props to Silent Wolf and Axe as well, I never expected them to get through.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
KOF is the biggest shame, because it's honestly up there w/ street fighter in international popularity, but america doesn't play it and america is where the big world tournament is so welp

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's because Hellpockets isn't there cause he's working at the Arcade Shock booth. He's one of the commentators from the previous 2 years. These commentators I'm used to but it can be worse.

@ trash? trash? Cause Capcom biased rules the NA scene and EVO dictates what games people play every year. People know this also loads of people play SF despite thick and thin so with SF I dont personally mind.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I can't take that same SF4 background

Completely out of topic, but I'd love to see Project M get more international...
They said they made some breakthroughs on making a PAL release. I see a bright future for PM, a very very bright and crazy recovery that needs to be nerfed and wth is with all these huge sweetspots and easy to use need to be redesigned broken characters future

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
KOF is the biggest shame, because it's honestly up there w/ street fighter in international popularity, but america doesn't play it and america is where the big world tournament is so welp
It is a shame, cause I'd rather see it played than each new variation of the same exact Street Fighter IV.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Turn into CP and I already see someone with a waifu pillow in the back.

It is a shame, cause I'd rather see it played than each new variation of the same exact Street Fighter IV.
I think KOF will need a new coat of paint moving forward if it wants to try and stand out. Doesn't have to dumb the game down, but at least make things a tiny bit more accessible for newcomers. KOF13's input reader is one of the strictest I've ever experienced in a fighter. New players often struggle canceling special moves and getting decent combos off. I still mess up combos in that game from time to time simply because the game just doesn't register an input, whereas I try it in any other modern fighter and I get my moves out almost 100% of the time. Just one example.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what the easiest way to read PM files is? Lets say I have the package downloaded and for example want to read out knockback values on certain moves. Without being that familiar to the hacking scene

I can't take that same SF4 background

They said they made some breakthroughs on making a PAL release. I see a bright future for PM, a very very bright and crazy recovery that needs to be nerfed and wth is with all these huge sweetspots and easy to use need to be redesigned broken characters future
If the next version will be a breakthrough the scene here will grow. Time to be practicing.
Also, do you know how (and in which aspects different landing) landing and reset mechanics work?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Tokido in Loser's Finals. We are in Winners Finals right now between Xiaohai and LDA ET.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
EDIT: Also Raiden got announced for MKX as everyone expected. Now KOF13 is next on the main stream.

FInally watched this, holy crap Raiden has Zelda's ball traps and teleportation, but on different versions so it isn't so broken!

I love this whole idea of 3 variations, it allows the game designers to have one really good gameplay mechanic for a character and save other historically there moves for another version which emphasizes that.

Mortal Kombat is innovating fighting games in a non-gimmicky way, who knew that would happen?

Yeah, you could bring up grooves but this is way better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom