• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
KOG is the most hilarious T. Hawk I've ever seen. He does not give a damn. This is gonna be fun.

EDIT: Dammit, I was hoping for an upset.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
t.hawk is the ganondorf of sf4, in that you only use him effectively when you fully understand how to recognize yr opponent's playstyle, and then spit in that playstyle's face

shoutouts to disrepecting

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
YOOOOOO THE GEN COUNTERPICK WORKED HOLY CRAP.

Also this just came in.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shoutouts to FGCJimRoss. I get a fuzzy feeling inside reading those statuses.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

It's true folks :( but Itabashi Zangief is hella good I'm surprised he's still playing SF4 cause last time i heard of him he was playing SCV a little bit on the side.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
This tournament is literally making no ****ing sense. Shout outs to Ultra Street Fighter-one-month-before-evo-release.
I'm seeing people FADC their DP on block, which isn't safe anymore, but I have yet to see anyone punish it. A lot of things people aren't used to yet.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
THE RISE OF THE GRAPPLERS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(scumbag cool Vanilla Gief player here)

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm beginning to think that this year's evo USF4 results are hella inaccurate. If USF4 sticks around till evo 2015, I think we'll actually see more fleshed out results rather than upsets every match.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm beginning to think that this year's evo USF4 results are hella inaccurate. If USF4 sticks around till evo 2015, I think we'll actually see more fleshed out results rather than upsets every match.
I can agree with that but then again this can be our only chance of winning EVO for SF sooooooo yeaaaahhhhhhhh let us get our hopes high.

EDIT: Or maybe this is what EVO expects and want to happen?

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Also ST Tournament of Legends results.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Bonchan is our true savior folks just you wait.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
As much as I love Elena, I don't know what the hell Combofiend and the rest of Capcom were smoking when they designed her. Barely any of her normals offer good frame advantage, her BnBs are hard to do AND do low damage, her DP got its invincibility removed on console release, and she has to work much harder just to get wins. Having super fast overheads doesn't mean much when your low attacks aren't that threatening and your damage is pitiful.

Right now, she just fills the same role she did in 3rd Strike. Being a bad Chun-Li.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
As much as I love Elena, I don't know what the hell Combofiend and the rest of Capcom were smoking when they designed her. Barely any of her normals offer good frame advantage, her BnBs are hard to do AND do low damage, her DP got its invincibility removed on console release, and she has to work much harder just to get wins. Having super fast overheads doesn't mean much when your low attacks aren't that threatening and your damage is pitiful.

Right now, she just fills the same role she did in 3rd Strike. Being a bad Chun-Li.
Join the Dee Jay club. I don't understand why you would nerf a already bad character. Yea he got some buffs, but he's still trash. While characters like Yun,C. viper, and Evil Ryu get buffed despite being pretty good already.

"Winning with Dee-Jay might be more difficult than with other characters, but its also much more rewarding."
-____-

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

They were smoking that we need to release another update to SF4 to please competitive players and stay afloat crack that's what. Also glitchy stuff and whonky hitboxes left and right. Your right about Elena though she's a poor mans Chun Li.

EDIT: Capcom dont want black characters being top tier kappa.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Playing Netplay makes me feel so bad, I miss all my techs and l-cancels.

How do these people do it?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
they did that with SF4 too, it's just that the champions of last year stay there for some reason

Vashimus

Smash Master
Top Seths have been winning in the arcades with no problems. Those nerfs were necessary. Seth is a Street Fighter character now.

It's a shame Poongko couldn't attend EVO this year, because I have no doubt he'd be at quarter finals right now.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Top Seths have been winning in the arcades with no problems. Those nerfs were necessary. Seth is a Street Fighter character now.

It's a shame Poongko couldn't attend EVO this year, because I have no doubt he'd be at quarter finals right now.
I dunno if all of his nerfs were necessary, but I guess he seems more "street fighterish"
And out of all the characters, who do you think are the 3 worst and why? *curious*

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
seth was never, ever an issue to begin with? it was incredibly difficult for him to consistently win, because as it turns out, 50/50 means that there's a 50% chance you'll just drop dead upon losing out a mixup

if you watch poongko play it's actually incredibly depressing, he does reads with ultra that should work well, but because the nerfs were so silly they just miss

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

Vashimus

Smash Master
I dunno if all of his nerfs were necessary, but I guess he seems more "street fighterish"
And out of all the characters, who do you think are the 3 worst and why? *curious*
Hard for me to say who the 3 worst are right now. Even Dee Jay some potential.

My top 3 though are Yun, Fei Long, and Juri.

Juri in particular I think is really getting slept on. She has almost everything going for her. Really good normal dash, multiple wakeup options, good pressure with her fireball charge and kara throw, and both her Ultras are really damn good. She can't really fall back on a flowcharty style like some of the other good characters in the game, so she has to work a little harder for specific combos and setups, but she's definitely very strong right now.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
EVO 2014's current setup is why theorycrafting is completely meaningless

japan fell for theorycrafting, now there's a zangief in top 8, while every yun, juri and eryu is KO'd

Vashimus

Smash Master
Never really understood the hype behind Evil Ryu really. I always felt it was more a case of the players dominating rather than the character.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
daigo went the way of evil (because ryu IS kind of booty this version I will admit)

except it shows that he's not using his main, because he got blown up by a dude that mains marvel, and a dude that mains ST, so maybe he should just learn to deal with the character he played for the past half-decade

just a thought to japan's players right now. throwin it out there

also DAMN ricky blew itabashi up, that is some MU knowledge godiness

e:
W:
Snake Eyes vs Fuudo
Gackt vs Bonchan
L:
Luffy vs Momochi
Ricky Ortiz vs Sakonoko

this is the strangest top 8 bracket that one could have made out of this tournament

Last edited:
Top Bottom