• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't believe this is actually happening.
It is, in any case. Why.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ntelligence-panel-advances-cybersecurity-bill

When do we cremate the dead bodies of anyone who agreed that this should be more than some tech-illiterate Luddite's impossible dream?
Why are you surprised when constant power grabs have been going on forever, especially over the last decade and a half under the last Prez and the current one?

The internet is too slow on the uptake to respond to this in any meaningful way, so the only hope is other large corporations are against this and all that lobbying money fights it out like with net neutrality.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it is way too late in the night for me to be thinking about the flaws within america's system that effectively makes having money give you all the power you need to mess with politics however you like

so how about videogames

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Why are you surprised when constant power grabs have been going on forever, especially over the last decade and a half under the last Prez and the current one?

The internet is too slow on the uptake to respond to this in any meaningful way, so the only hope is other large corporations are against this and all that lobbying money fights it out like with net neutrality.
I'm not surprised about any of that.
What I AM surprised about is none of any of these people haven't been targeted for death by any of the rest of the US's populace yet, or, better, terrorists who see where their real foes are, for once.

Also, only hope?
That's hella simplified; that's just plain not the case.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
it is way too late in the night for me to be thinking about the flaws within america's system that effectively makes having money give you all the power you need to mess with politics however you like

so how about videogames
Your animal crossing streaming friend swears too much

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
she's surprised that she's technically 1/4th of the way done so far

what she doesn't realize is that getting a bunch of items is the easy part, it's trying to get specific ones that's difficult and she has to go down that road eventually

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Um, yeah I think violent revolution and terrorism is a pretty dark path I don't wanna go down right now.

So taking up Canon's suggestion of something lighter (air bender pun), I continue to like the Legend of Korra Book 3 being 5 episodes in. So many references to the original show while telling an overall more interesting story than the previous Books 1 & 2 with a very funny but badass group of villians who really do care about each other, being a sort of Anti-Team Avatar and seem like they have a good reason for doing what they're doing, we just don't know what that is yet.

I'm just waiting for the writers to **** this up like they did the previous seasons. I just know this whole season isn't going to maintain this level of quality.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Your animal crossing streaming friend swears too much
A female animal crossing speedrunner is cursing up a storm on a live stream.

That's like, the strangest thing I've heard.

What can you possibly need to curse about on animal crossing? lol

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
EVO 2014, folks.
I don't understand.

Like, I get that these upsets are always possible/probable, but...
Holy crap. Seriously.

LOL

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Haha. Tis all good, you played pretty well. You had the right ideas and the correct thematic moves for both games. you were just a move or two hastier with the plans than you needed. For the White game, If you delayed that first rook move and stopped the incoming pin with h3 first, that would have solved 90% of the problems that arose soon after. Without h3, I got to trade my bad bishop for your decent Knight, I got to play my own e5 break freely, and trading off a Knight for your good bishop was also inevitable in that line.

The game as Black was going fine until you took that "free" pawn. After you were saddled with that isolated pawn on e6, you had a ton of light square weakness around that pawn and your king. Snatching my pawn gave me too much time to launch an attack. You probably needed to try and castle immediately, and leave me with the problem of defending or pushing my pawn once your position was more solid.
Rematch ? xD

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can't believe I feel asleep at the last matches of USF4 :(. Anyway here are the vids of Daigo and Infiltration getting bopped and going home.

Also at least KOF13 and Injustice are today and being streamed especially Injustice cause IGAU got screwed yesterday cause of systems not having hotfixes.

Stream schedule being reposted.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That Daigo set was some of the most boring SF I have ever even considered watching. I dunno what to expect from basically Ryu dittos, but it wasn't that.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That Daigo set was some of the most boring SF I have ever even considered watching. I dunno what to expect from basically Ryu dittos, but it wasn't that.
Well Ryu isn't a flashy character so what do you expect also everyone is going the of Satsui No Hadou in Ultra so Ryu is gonna be less and less played unless your loyal and/or refuse to pick up Evil Ryu.

EDIT: Also John Choi is old school as hell your not gonna make him budge.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Can't we have something real manly, like Gief vs Hawk? Give the people what they want. Grappler master race here

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Day 2 has begun.

Can't we have something real manly, like Gief vs Hawk? Give the people what they want. Grappler master race here
Well I guess you have to wait till tomorrow then for that Gief action in top 8. Otherwise watch some KOF13, UMVC3 or KI pools till then.

Fortress

Smash Master
Wat? That **** was intense. The fundamentals on both sides were pretty great, and it goes to show that you don't have to be flashy or make huge plays to play well. They're not there to entertain you, after all, they're there to win. But, seriously, Gief in top 8? My buddy from the next town over is a Gief main, and he's creaming himself over it.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
bruh choi is an ST player, you think he's going to do anything but space fireballs

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ZANGUZEN BEAT HAX
WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING ****

Lambchops > KDJ
Zanguzen > Hax
Swiftbass > Westballz
Westballz > DJ Nintendo (eliminated)
Cyrain > Reno (eliminated)
ZeRo > SFAT
aMSa > Tai