• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've been getting into Ultra more recently ever since I got to play it with another human finally. Super fun, even though I'm pretty bad (I'm still fairly new to it) though the guy is appreciative of the fact that I don't just jump in and mash buttons and stuff and instead try to actively space my attacks out and play the neutral. My tech skill is ass though. I've gotten use to the commands though and can do them pretty consistently, still mess up every now and then though it is the combos that are getting me now. Combos are ****ing hard in that game.

I might go to my first USF4 tourney next week as well. Only problem is that they are doing PS3 only and I have my version on the 360 so I'm hoping to get the PS3 version before it so I can bring a set-up (And god I hope they are accepting of CRTs because that is the only portable TV I have as all the other ones are attached to walls) and if I can get a PS3 controller with better triggers on them (looking at getting a Zhidong controller but not sure if they are of good quality or not since they are 3rd part and GCCs have made me wary of 3rd party controllers, the majority of reviews I've seen have been positive though) and get to practice on it a bit before the tourney to get rid of the Xbox useness I have. :L

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
@ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds do you play ultra at all? i see you dabble in TFGs since you post in the rising thunder subreddit
No, though I do watch it sometimes. RT is actually my first TFG and I've only played for like 4 days. I have the most meaningless Master rank of all time, lmao - just cruising off streak points from playing a bunch of carbon-golds in a row

Do you drill for oil in your own backyard like other Albertans?

More importantly, do you drink it to gain it's powers?
Way too lazy for that crap.

I drill directly under my igloo, I don't even have to leave bed.

Last edited:
No, though I do watch it sometimes. RT is actually my first TFG and I've only played for like 4 days. I have the most meaningless Master rank of all time, lmao - just cruising off streak points from playing a bunch of carbon-golds in a row

Way too lazy for that crap.

I drill directly under my igloo, I don't even have to leave bed.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
WHAT, you hit Master before me?? Fmllllll

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ya'll scrubs need to see me in Shaq Fu at Paragon if you want hype.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN
Hm....With enough prep-time, I might be able to make it to two tourneys in one month.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the numbers at Infinity and Beyond have been really low as of lately, We went from the 80s to the 40-30s. Really dissapointing, I can't tell if the issue is if people dislike 3.6 or if its something else.

Help

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
the numbers at Infinity and Beyond have been really low as of lately, We went from the 80s to the 40-30s. Really dissapointing, I can't tell if the issue is if people dislike 3.6 or if its something else.

Help
Hasn't it been that way since SmUsh showed up? Blame the whole "new thing is best thing" culture that a lot of people get caught up in. How to fix it? I dunno. What happened to that new challenger program?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Help
This is a case of looking too strong. You need to take one nerd who frequents there and give him the push. That might help.

D

Deleted member

Hasn't it been that way since SmUsh showed up? Blame the whole "new thing is best thing" culture that a lot of people get caught up in. How to fix it? I dunno. What happened to that new challenger program?
Smash 4 and PM were both pretty high in numbers at the same time, it might be the other games affecting PM but I don't really know for certain. Just kind of sucks that some of our top players aren't entering anymore + the general attendance is in smaller amounts.

Also I don't really know whats happening with challenger approaching, TLOC hasn't done it for 2-3 months. I guess they were busy prepping for LTC3, since that **** costs money. (LTC3 was very very well run, only real problems were having to share the venue with other people, having a guy talk on the intercom in matches about cosplay stuff, and the projectors/speakers were mediocre)

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Post made so Kailex doesn't feel too bad about potential triple post.

Also school hype?
I got a mandatory orientation to attend in a couple of hours. Don't know if it's the fear of sleeping past multiple alarms or insomnia but I've been up since yesterday. Good thing I got plenty of coffee.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185

Help
i have no money to enter nor time anymore cause my work schedule is butts
sponsor me

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Lunchables be complaining about how they only have 40ish people now

That's like a regional for everyone else

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nintendo hates Raichu so much they rather include a Pikachu reskin in his colors than include him when every other Pokémon has their most powerful form. It's sad really.

Last edited:

Poilu

Smash Cadet
THOSE HITLAGS HURT MY BRAIN. DOES SOMEONE PAUSE TO CRY "OOOOOOOOOOOOH" EACH TIME THEY LAND A HIT ?!

(Yeah, I wouldn't play the game, just because I'm fed up with games having more and more hitlag)

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
THOSE HITLAGS HURT MY BRAIN. DOES SOMEONE PAUSE TO CRY "OOOOOOOOOOOOH" EACH TIME THEY LAND A HIT ?!

(Yeah, I wouldn't play the game, just because I'm fed up with games having more and more hitlag)
I really agree with you. Hitlag can be fun and dramatic and add things to the game - but a lot of the moves in that trailer really overdid it. Stuff like super attacks and cutscene type attacks are an exception, but that's also because there's other stuff going on. With that huge fire attack, there's still fire effects going on during "hitlag". For a lot of the other ones, though, no, the entire game just freezes up for half a second, to the point where it almost looks like the game is broken a little bit, and it just doesn't look good to me.

Poilu

Smash Cadet
Watching this, I thought it was the final hitlag the shows the game is over. Like in SF4. I was expecting a "GAME !" or "YOU WON" to appear but no. t'was just a regular hitlag

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I think the hitlag you speak of is the transition between the arena fighting and the 2d plane close quarters fighting.
A lot of them are, but many aren't, and both forms are distracting and kind of irritating to me. Even then, the camera moves, stops, and waits for a good half second before the game resumes. Bleh.

Top Bottom