• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Monkeysquad32

Smash Rookie
Could you atleast re release your old version full project m 3.0 with all the cbliss and stage expansion. Since you coold never release fun edition?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Could you atleast re release your old version full project m 3.0 with all the cbliss and stage expansion. Since you coold never release fun edition?
That will be up by tomorrow morning PST. You'll find it in the same locations as the most recent versions. I encourage anyone to pick up where I left off.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
could you sorta list what programs/ special methods, or tutorials you used to add things like:
-cBliss?
-stage expansion pack?
-the custom characters, matching images and stock icons?
-custom stages and making them play only one track?

would make someone pickup up where you left off much easier, thanks!

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed the many zany character skins (and characters!) you crammed into your mod. It saddens me to see you abandon this project, but I assure you, there WILL be others still dedicated to the Brawl scene who will keep the project alive. ;)

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Gaddangit, I actually really loved playing with your pack with my friends for the last three months before P:M 3.5 was released. We would laugh our heads off and, somehow, your pack brought out the hilarious worst of us that surpassed the usual s**t talking during matches. You did this to us. THREE OR MORE TIMES. XD

You probably brought the same joy to more people than just me and my friends. A stupid, fun time where we laugh at a Goron performing DK's Down-B.

I believe that I have enough experience with making builds, but...I'm honestly a bit too boring to try and carry on your work, I think. My problem is that when I make my builds, I like it to look as "professional" as possible. I even have a bit of regret when adding a Shadow skin to my build since he's completely different from Sonic. XD

If there is anyone else that wants to attempt to make a build though, I can put up a list of things I use in a bit.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Gaddangit, I actually really loved playing with your pack with my friends for the last three months before P:M 3.5 was released. We would laugh our heads off and, somehow, your pack brought out the hilarious worst of us that surpassed the usual s**t talking during matches. You did this to us. THREE OR MORE TIMES. XD

You probably brought the same joy to more people than just me and my friends. A stupid, fun time where we laugh at a Goron performing DK's Down-B.

I believe that I have enough experience with making builds, but...I'm honestly a bit too boring to try and carry on your work, I think. My problem is that when I make my builds, I like it to look as "professional" as possible. I even have a bit of regret when adding a Shadow skin to my build since he's completely different from Sonic. XD

If there is anyone else that wants to attempt to make a build though, I can put up a list of things I use in a bit.
I have to agree with the first half of your post, my friends were bored with stock Brawl and this mod is what brought their attention to PM, and now they love PM more than they ever liked Brawl. All thanks to you, Patt.

And I also agree about the second half of your post, I hope I can figure out what methods Patt used to add all those custom skins and if there's any other resources or files that Patt could share to help in the process of updating Patt Edition for 3.5 with a full (and balanced) cBliss set like 3.02 with all those stages again.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
cBliss shouldn't be complicated to add to 3.5. Mewtwo2000 said that he's working on a 3.5-compatible version of the cBliss Tool, so after that's released, all you should have to do is copy and paste your 3.5 gct file to the same destination as the cBliss Tool, open the Tool, and the only option should be to add the code to the gct file. After that, you just need to set how many costumes each character has. This is assuming it the 3.5 tool works the same as the previous tool.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Now for what I believe is needed to try and carry on Patt's work... I suggest you start with a fresh 3.5 build that hasn't been customized at all. I think it's a no-brainer that BrawlBox will be needed for this, but there's also...

1.) Libertyernie's Stage Expansion - If I'm correct, he provides instructions on how to add this expansion to Project M 3.5. You should be able to find it in the Customized Content page.

2.) Brawl Costume Manager - I use this to easily add in costume files, but when it comes to adding portraits, you WILL have to use BrawlBox if no portrait shows up when selecting a character's costume slot.

3.) Stage Expansion Tutorial - The only reason I use this is because it contains a custom .rel file for EVERY stage. Also, if you're unfamiliar with how to add extra stages, then there's a tutorial that should help you understand where to place what files. The .rel files and the tutorial included are the only reason I would use this, since Libertyernie's templates exist. - http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17147

4.) Brawl Stage Manager - This is RIDICULOUSLY easy to use. For those who don't know, all of the custom stages are Training Room and their .rel files are all custom for Final Destination. When downloading any stage mod, be sure to figure out which stages the mod over. If a stage is suppose to be used over Battlefield, take the custom Battlefield .rel, change its name to st_customxx (the xx stands for the custom stage number), and then just drag it to the Stage Manager. Next, do the same for the stage mod.

You can also drag stage music files known as BRSTMs to the Stage Manager as well Below the image of the stage, you should find a box with at least one set of a letter and two digits. This is the name that a BRSTM file must be changed to in order for that song to play in the stage during battle. You may also have the option to change a song title's text right next to the box containing the BRSTM names. It's not necessary to change the song title, but you should if you're editing songs in a stage where multiple songs are an option.

brawlcustommusic.com - This is where you can download BRSTM files from a LARGE number of games . And if you don't find a track you want...

BRSTM Converter - This is what I use. I go to a YouTube-to-mp3 converter site, use it for any song that I can't find on brawlcustommusic.com, and then use this program to create my own BRSTM file. I believe there are instructions for how to use this, but looping has always been something I had to do on my own. It's not as tedious as it was when I started.

There may be more than what I've mentioned above that is needed, and I'll mention anything else that pops up in my mind. :)

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Now for what I believe is needed to try and carry on Patt's work... I suggest you start with a fresh 3.5 build that hasn't been customized at all. I think it's a no-brainer that BrawlBox will be needed for this, but there's also...

1.) Libertyernie's Stage Expansion - If I'm correct, he provides instructions on how to add this expansion to Project M 3.5. You should be able to find it in the Customized Content page.

2.) Brawl Costume Manager - I use this to easily add in costume files, but when it comes to adding portraits, you WILL have to use BrawlBox if no portrait shows up when selecting a character's costume slot.

3.) Stage Expansion Tutorial - The only reason I use this is because it contains a custom .rel file for EVERY stage. Also, if you're unfamiliar with how to add extra stages, then there's a tutorial that should help you understand where to place what files. The .rel files and the tutorial included are the only reason I would use this, since Libertyernie's templates exist. - http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17147

4.) Brawl Stage Manager - This is RIDICULOUSLY easy to use. For those who don't know, all of the custom stages are Training Room and their .rel files are all custom for Final Destination. When downloading any stage mod, be sure to figure out which stages the mod over. If a stage is suppose to be used over Battlefield, take the custom Battlefield .rel, change its name to st_customxx (the xx stands for the custom stage number), and then just drag it to the Stage Manager. Next, do the same for the stage mod.

You can also drag stage music files known as BRSTMs to the Stage Manager as well Below the image of the stage, you should find a box with at least one set of a letter and two digits. This is the name that a BRSTM file must be changed to in order for that song to play in the stage during battle. You may also have the option to change a song title's text right next to the box containing the BRSTM names. It's not necessary to change the song title, but you should if you're editing songs in a stage where multiple songs are an option.

brawlcustommusic.com - This is where you can download BRSTM files from a LARGE number of games . And if you don't find a track you want...

BRSTM Converter - This is what I use. I go to a YouTube-to-mp3 converter site, use it for any song that I can't find on brawlcustommusic.com, and then use this program to create my own BRSTM file. I believe there are instructions for how to use this, but looping has always been something I had to do on my own. It's not as tedious as it was when I started.

There may be more than what I've mentioned above that is needed, and I'll mention anything else that pops up in my mind. :)
awesome, thank you!, ill Download and setup all these programs. I'll start with the skins, which means I'll wait until cBliss is 3.5 compatible, once it is... I'll start putting in all the 3.5 skins he had and bring back the extras that were in 3.02's cBliss, while making sure no skins are too big or small, etc.

all I'll need from Patt is all the backup files he'd used to build 3.02 and 3.5, or at least a list of all the skins, stages, and songs he'd used for 3.02.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
awesome, thank you!, ill Download and setup all these programs. I'll start with the skins, which means I'll wait until cBliss is 3.5 compatible, once it is... I'll start putting in all the 3.5 skins he had and bring back the extras that were in 3.02's cBliss, while making sure no skins are too big or small, etc.

all I'll need from Patt is all the backup files he'd used to build 3.02 and 3.5, or at least a list of all the skins, stages, and songs he'd used for 3.02.
I have the songs list but I don't have a working character skin or stage list. I'll upload 3.0.2 files soon, things got busy today.

Monkeysquad32

Smash Rookie
Thank you for re releasing the 3.02 version. I found your pack when 3.5 got released. I've always wanted to play the older version with everything on it.

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
After playing Smash 4, and having most of my colleagues making the switch, I don't see myself continuing development of Project M: Patt Edition. Sorry everyone, if someone wants to re over development please feel free. But as far as I can tell, I've lost the drive. Sorry all. I know I had grand plans for For Fun and For Glory packs but the work doesn't equal the pay off for me as no one in my life, not even myself, would play it.

This isn't exactly the gift I wanted to give everyone but I hope yall have a merry Christmas regardless.

Patt Anderson, signing off. It's been fun.
Hey Patt does this mean you saying goodbye?

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Sadly, it appears so. We mourn the retirement of a great modder. May your future endeavors be as bright as your past ones were, Patt. Here, have a Shadow Ball, on the house. :D
:disco:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt does this mean you saying goodbye?
Yah :(
Thank you for re releasing the 3.02 version. I found your pack when 3.5 got released. I've always wanted to play the older version with everything on it.
You know, you could always just add everything in the fighter folder of vanilla project m 3.5 (aside from skins FitCharacterXX) into the fighter folder of my old 11b pack and it would technically play like 3.5 if I am correct. If I am wrong than sorry for leading you astray! You just wouldn't have allstar mode and such.

I've uploaded all I can. Sorry for leaving you hanging friend, I just couldn't continue. Goodluck with your tournaments!

Finally getting around to uploading the zip folder for the hackless build of 3.0.2-11b as well as text files containing the songlists for both 11b and the new 01 version. I don't have any information on which characters are in the build aside from the CSP's located in my imgur album found in the OP. Stages are also going to be based on the text file of the song list as well as the pictures found in the content of the OP. I give all my blessing to anyone willing to pick this project up or name it their own, I just won't be collaborating or helping, sorry! :( Good luck and check the downloads folder of my mediafire in roughly 3 hours from this post. It should all be in the PMPE Hackless Wii folder when all is said and done.

Thanks for caring so much everyone. You've made it fun.

Goodbye!

EDIT: Here's the link to both hackless packs and the songlists. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Yah :(

You know, you could always just add everything in the fighter folder of vanilla project m 3.5 (aside from skins FitCharacterXX) into the fighter folder of my old 11b pack and it would technically play like 3.5 if I am correct. If I am wrong than sorry for leading you astray! You just wouldn't have allstar mode and such.

I've uploaded all I can. Sorry for leaving you hanging friend, I just couldn't continue. Goodluck with your tournaments!

Finally getting around to uploading the zip folder for the hackless build of 3.0.2-11b as well as text files containing the songlists for both 11b and the new 01 version. I don't have any information on which characters are in the build aside from the CSP's located in my imgur album found in the OP. Stages are also going to be based on the text file of the song list as well as the pictures found in the content of the OP. I give all my blessing to anyone willing to pick this project up or name it their own, I just won't be collaborating or helping, sorry! :( Good luck and check the downloads folder of my mediafire in roughly 3 hours from this post. It should all be in the PMPE Hackless Wii folder when all is said and done.

Thanks for caring so much everyone. You've made it fun.

Goodbye!

EDIT: Here's the link to both hackless packs and the songlists. Enjoy!
o7 (salute)

thanks for these files and lists, they will be a great help. I'll try my hand at reproducing the cBliss and 78 stages you had from 3.02 in 3.5. Do you mind if whoever works towards recreating your build to post about it in this thread, or make a new one?

do you suggest I add cBliss first or the stage expansion first?

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
o7 (salute)

thanks for these files and lists, they will be a great help. I'll try my hand at reproducing the cBliss and 78 stages you had from 3.02 in 3.5. Do you mind if whoever works towards recreating your build to post about it in this thread, or make a new one?

do you suggest I add cBliss first or the stage expansion first?
I'd suggest you wait for a 3.5-compatible version of the cBliss Tool. You can go right ahead with the Stage Expansion though.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: woops didnt mean to double post.
I'd suggest you wait for a 3.5-compatible version of the cBliss Tool. You can go right ahead with the Stage Expansion though.
cool, ill start with the same original goals Patt had, 2 builds, one with the stage expansion(wifi build), and one without(full build).

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Wait you are leaving? Darn ~ Christmas is only a bit away, and the SD card is on it's way from Amazon. I guess good thing I downloaded Project m patt edition a while ago.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Wait you are leaving? Darn ~ Christmas is only a bit away, and the SD card is on it's way from Amazon. I guess good thing I downloaded Project m patt edition a while ago.
PMPE will never be taken down. I won't remove the files from media fire if I can help it so you can still play!

Last edited:

K1ngOfN1njas

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me? I have a 2GB SD (not SDHC) card and no stages on the stage builder. I store different Brawl mods on my computer and switch them out when I want to play different mods. I switched my Patt Edition out for Balanced (or something), and when I put Patt Edition back, the Wii just acted like there was no mod, and it didn't load up. I can still run the "Complete Extension" (which kinda sucks) but not any other Project M mod. I LOVE Patt Edition, and it would be great if I coud get some advice on this problem. I have an old Vista PC, but I don't think it's the Wii because it can run that mod, and I don't think it's the card because it can store the CE files. Anyone have any advice?

kangsin

Smash Rookie
I am using the Dolphin Emulator and followed the instructions in the OP. When I go and click on the launch game option, I get an error message saying "Error: no dvd found" Can someone help me with this?

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
Aw I hate to see you go. I really appreciate you. Thanks for the wonderful pack & happy holidays to you Patt!

Last edited:

ToPple

Smash Rookie
Patt, where can I get the world tournament stage map so I can add it back in? I want to have ridiculous amounts of stages with 3.5 characters

K1ngOfN1njas

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me? I have a 2GB SD (not SDHC) card and no stages on the stage builder. I store different Brawl mods on my computer and switch them out when I want to play different mods. I switched my Patt Edition out for Balanced (or something), and when I put Patt Edition back, the Wii just acted like there was no mod, and it didn't load up. I can still run the "Complete Extension" (which kinda sucks) but not any other Project M mod. I LOVE Patt Edition, and it would be great if I coud get some advice on this problem. I have an old Vista PC, but I don't think it's the Wii because it can run that mod, and I don't think it's the card because it can store the CE files. Anyone have any advice?
Never mind! I got it working!

TRaiOdYo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0962-9178-0513
I finally ended up finding the stage I was looking for. It's not actually called Hidden Bridge... It's called Uncharted Region of China by DSX8

alienjiz420

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all of your work Patt, you will be missed. My friends and I always looked forward to your new builds.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hi Patt, I'm still waiting for Cbliss to be updated for 3.5 to start work on PMPE 3.5-2...
but in the meantime I've been streaming my build of PMPE 3.5-1 (custom menu and result screen music and custom stage layout)

there is a youtube upload i have from a stream from last night where the game froze in PMPE 3.5-1 soon after this moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGs4c1wTZeY&t=12m55s any idea what attack, animation or model could've caused it? I'll try to recreate it on smashville with all those characters and see what i can figure out.

PunkyDTH

Smash Rookie
When will come a Pal version of your mod ??? it laggs on my dolphin and try to get in on my hacked wii.... project M works a bit but not your Patt Edition.... As you say^^ but when comes the pal version`???

Etan Yacatori

Smash Rookie
Hey is there anyway for me to make project M patt edition to work on my nvidia shield tablet? I have dolphin emulator and the brawl iso, but i only see strange steps for pc and Mac...is it still possible for me?

Top Bottom