• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Chrishare1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chrishare2
3DS FC
4296-3188-3029
IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH:Game tried to reload a title that is not available in your NAND dump............ Any way to fix this?

PunkyDTH

Smash Rookie
hey can some one PN me where i find the very little icons in the player selection and for the ending of a match
for example here:

need the file name ^^ i want to add cj, tommy vercetti, nico belic, black star an some other for me in the patt edition 3.5

by the way awesome work <3

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
How do you add more songs to a stage as in more slots into Onett like have 4 songs instead of just 2?

enno

Smash Rookie
i love your work and i dont want to sound rude bt can you plz add squidward

enno

Smash Rookie
i love your work and i dont want to sound rude but will you plz add squidward

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
well lets not get too hasty, with some help I'd like to continue this project as we've already gotten Patt's blessing to continue making "spiritual sucessors" to this mod.

All I'm really waiting for is MewTwo2000 to release the cBliss tool for 3.5 so we can get 3.5-1 turned into 3.5-2 with maximum skins per character, like the old 3.02. Then make a full-set tourney viable build "For Glory", and a wifi-set Party Build like classic 3.02 "For Fun".

It will take time and help, as I can only really work on it during the weekends, but it can happen.

DpN

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm quite new in the world of Smash Bros. and I am a greenhornin issues like hacking and so on...

After a long while I finally hacked a Wii and I am using the USB Loader GX also downloaded a NTSC SMASH ROm, but I am really confused or better I am really stupid in getting this "Project M Patt Edition" to run...

I am asking you a favor to give me step by step an explanation/tutorial...I am really desperate....

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
sorry
Hey guys,

I'm quite new in the world of Smash Bros. and I am a greenhornin issues like hacking and so on...

After a long while I finally hacked a Wii and I am using the USB Loader GX also downloaded a NTSC SMASH ROm, but I am really confused or better I am really stupid in getting this "Project M Patt Edition" to run...

I am asking you a favor to give me step by step an explanation/tutorial...I am really desperate....
sorry thats not going to happen here people would just ignore your request as they did to mine

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

To be honest, I haven't tried out PMPE, but I just use hackless pm and stole some of the skins from this build for my own personal build. If you want, I can show you what I do for my own build (a huge help for me is Brawl Managers from Lakora, just google it). Just let me know if you want more info. Sorry, but I know nothing about completely hacking the wii.

Last edited:

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
sorry

sorry thats not going to happen here people would just ignore your request as they did to mine
And by the way, general forum etiquette, when your question doesn't get answered, it's not coz people don't want to answer, it's coz nobody knows the answer. Do you really expect every single person to post a reply saying IDK? Honestly, both of your questions are really obscure. But I'll do my best to help you.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, Patt, I love you, but I knew you would leave us with at least one non-normal character. Does anyone know how to write over Kirby's claws with the original default costume? Also, does anyone know how to merge this mod and the latest edition of Classic Expansion Pack without overwriting the costume/stage thumbnails? (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0)

WaveMedicine

Smash Rookie
Is it normal that all of the sounds don't work? I just downloaded this today and I'm playing fine, but a lot of the character sounds don't work. For example, when I shoot Falco's laser, you hear the reload sound of the gun coming out but you don't hear the laser shoot... or when I do my basic A button weak hits, you don't hear the "whoosh" sounds.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Dammit, Patt, I love you, but I knew you would leave us with at least one non-normal character. Does anyone know how to write over Kirby's claws with the original default costume? Also, does anyone know how to merge this mod and the latest edition of Classic Expansion Pack without overwriting the costume/stage thumbnails? (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0)
Teehee. But in all honesty I forgot I did that. Just download PM 3.5 and take FitKirby00.pac/pcs and drop it in his folder.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Teehee. But in all honesty I forgot I did that. Just download PM 3.5 and take FitKirby00.pac/pcs and drop it in his folder.
Thanks so much Patt. Any idea as to what folders/files to replace for the Classic Expansion Pack?

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
ive already done the above sucessfully: merged 3.5-1 and the CEP 6.5m from the kc:mm thread. in the thread libertyernie gives intructions on what to replace to keep character portraits and such. his instructions work. If you'd like to wait, i should have 3.5-2 with the CEP up in less than 30 days from now.

Asdfpie

Smash Rookie
ive already done the above sucessfully: merged 3.5-1 and the CEP 6.5m from the kc:mm thread. in the thread libertyernie gives intructions on what to replace to keep character portraits and such. his instructions work. If you'd like to wait, i should have 3.5-2 with the CEP up in less than 30 days from now.
Looking forward to it. Feel free to keep us posted on progress.
:201g::201o::201o::201d: :201l::201u::201c::201k:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Oh whoa, that would be wonderful. Can you remove claw Kirby and revert him to default too?

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
That would be nice. Hopefully you can use the stage expansion pack to get a full 79 stages back into the 3.5 version. I suppose if your ambitious enough after that you can start tweaking overly small or large character skins to make a for Glory version and a for Fun version but I think that will take more time and a lot of effort but if you have the ambition I think some people would definitely play it.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Oh whoa, that would be wonderful. Can you remove claw Kirby and revert him to default too?
Sure, no problem. ill surprise you. =)
That would be nice. Hopefully you can use the stage expansion pack to get a full 79 stages back into the 3.5 version. I suppose if your ambitious enough after that you can start tweaking overly small or large character skins to make a for Glory version and a for Fun version but I think that will take more time and a lot of effort but if you have the ambition I think some people would definitely play it.
you'll be happy to know that libertyernie's 79 stage expansion for PM 3.5 known as CEP 6.5m is the one that is currently working in my custom alpha build of 3.5-2.

Overly small/large skins will be addressed with the release of 3.5-2, more info on that as i do more testing of the build before release.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Sure, no problem. ill surprise you. =)

you'll be happy to know that libertyernie's 79 stage expansion for PM 3.5 known as CEP 6.5m is the one that is currently working in my custom alpha build of 3.5-2.

Overly small/large skins will be addressed with the release of 3.5-2, more info on that as i do more testing of the build before release.
Are you going to keep default stage songs as well? At the very least just hold on to the Melee tracks. There is nothing from Brawl I really care about being replaced. I like the 8-bit menu songs Patt added, but maybe replace the other two options with the Melee and 64 menu themes?

Also, updating default costumes with the newest version of the "Smash Bros. 3" mod would be fantastic. Not sure if Patt did that for everyone before retiring, but I know it was something he wanted to do.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Are you going to keep default stage songs as well? At the very least just hold on to the Melee tracks. There is nothing from Brawl I really care about being replaced. I like the 8-bit menu songs Patt added, but maybe replace the other two options with the Melee and 64 menu themes?

Also, updating default costumes with the newest version of the "Smash Bros. 3" mod would be fantastic. Not sure if Patt did that for everyone before retiring, but I know it was something he wanted to do.
I'm taking all of Patt's previous goals into consideration as i rebuild 3.5-1 into 3.5-2, as it's very easy to get carried away and get "tunnel vision" when building on top of a previous mod, you have no need to worry about that with regards to Smash3 variants on default skins.

With regards to song replacements, I'm trying to make the least amount of changes from stock PM stages as humanly possible, out of respect for the PMDT and to keep filesize down. One thing i will say is that all the stock PM stages are back with their default PM songs. I can bring back the 4 PMPE 3.5-1 custom stages that Patt used, but over the expansion stages on page 1 or 2 but i don't know which expansion stages people will miss the least... if you'd like to share your thoughts on that please check out the link to the 6.5m expansion on my previous post to pics of both pages of the SSS.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking all of Patt's previous goals into consideration as i rebuild 3.5-1 into 3.5-2, as it's very easy to get carried away and get "tunnel vision" when building on top of a previous mod, you have no need to worry about that with regards to Smash3 variants on default skins.

With regards to song replacements, I'm trying to make the least amount of changes from stock PM stages as humanly possible, out of respect for the PMDT and to keep filesize down. One thing i will say is that all the stock PM stages are back with their default PM songs. I can bring back the 4 PMPE 3.5-1 custom stages that Patt used, but over the expansion stages on page 1 or 2 but i don't know which expansion stages people will miss the least... if you'd like to share your thoughts on that please check out the link to the 6.5m expansion on my previous post to pics of both pages of the SSS.
It sounds like we are on the exact same page here. If I had slightly better skills navigating through the files and folders I would be doing the same things you are setting out to do.

I like having almost all of the N64 stages next to each other. If I had to cut anything it would Brawl Distant Planet, Brawl Norfair, Brawl Rumble Falls, both forms of Castle Siege (all of the above are sort of redundant with the Project M versions present or are bad stages to begin with, whereas Brawl Warioware and Green Hill Zone are different enough that they merit spots), or any of the Melee stages that are not exactly complete or similar to the original forms (Icicle Mountain has weird blast zones, Brinstar Depths is not done or a great stage to being with, Kongo Jungle and Venom are not true to the originals).

The thing is though, I cannot think of any custom stages worthy of replacing these. That is about 9 stages we could consider cutting. I forget what Patt pasted over in the latest revision. If anything he cut are variants of stages I suggested then we should keep the original Brawl versions found in the pack, just to add diversity.

A few more 'fun' stages (think Rainbow Cruise, Poké Floats) that load in Dolphin without trouble would be nice.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like we are on the exact same page here. If I had slightly better skills navigating through the files and folders I would be doing the same things you are setting out to do.

I like having almost all of the N64 stages next to each other. If I had to cut anything it would Brawl Distant Planet, Brawl Norfair, Brawl Rumble Falls, both forms of Castle Siege (all of the above are sort of redundant with the Project M versions present or are bad stages to begin with, whereas Brawl Warioware and Green Hill Zone are different enough that they merit spots), or any of the Melee stages that are not exactly complete or similar to the original forms (Icicle Mountain has weird blast zones, Brinstar Depths is not done or a great stage to being with, Kongo Jungle and Venom are not true to the originals).

The thing is though, I cannot think of any custom stages worthy of replacing these. That is about 9 stages we could consider cutting. I forget what Patt pasted over in the latest revision. If anything he cut are variants of stages I suggested then we should keep the original Brawl versions found in the pack, just to add diversity.

A few more 'fun' stages (think Rainbow Cruise, Poké Floats) that load in Dolphin without trouble would be nice.
Here's some of the replacements of CEP Expansion stages I've made so far (let me know if you have any thoughts): added Theytah's Rainbow FD for PM 3.5 over FD, it's a hybrid of the Rainbow FD from Melee 20XX Training Pack and PM's FD. Both forms of Castle Seige have been replaced with 2 forms of Dive to the Heart (the old 3.5-1 version with Dracula's Castle's platforms, and the wider, flat version). and the How To Play stage under that was replaced with the Moving Skyloft stage (i know its not tourney legal but its beautiful, has many moving phases and is great chaos fun in FFA).

I agree with you on stages to replace, good thinking! I'm "considering" leaving the CEP fairly stock aside from the stages you mentioned. As for what stages I'll replace them with, idk yet aside from the ones i've mentioned above. Possibly with Omega versions of Brawl/Smash4 Stages that are out, or others that I'll mention in this thread. I kinda want to go the "tourney viable" route but then again I want to look back at what Patt used last time and bring some custom stages back if people have an interested in them returning. I want to have some that are nice tourney viable versions of old favorites, (like Omega Hyrule Temple) while keeping the cool Patt Anderson flavor of creative custom stages like Hidden Bridge, Bob'omb Battlefield, etc.

since the random stage select bug was 95% fixed (only the trophy stage and Termina Bay from Page 2 are bugged still, so I'll ask about a fix)... I think with just ONE build we can make it work "For Fun" and also "For Glory", which is amazing since since much less work for me on my end. ALSO, the controller unplugging issue is fixed since there's no pillar CSS, so that's great for drop-in/drop-out situations.

I did love to see Icicle Mountain back but upon playing on it the blast zones do need to be pushed out a bit, its a shame as its lots of fun for the kids to play in.

I have the old 3.02-11b build and i'll get some screenshots of the SSS and post them at the end of this post (along with the current CEP for 3.5-2 for comparison) for all to see and so ya'll can mention any stages you'd like to see return.
3.02-11b Page1:

3.5CEP Page1:

3.5CEP Page2:

3.02-11b Page2:

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Here's some of the replacements of CEP Expansion stages I've made so far (let me know if you have any thoughts): added Theytah's Rainbow FD for PM 3.5 over FD, it's a hybrid of the Rainbow FD from Melee 20XX Training Pack and PM's FD. Both forms of Castle Seige have been replaced with 2 forms of Dive to the Heart (the old 3.5-1 version with Dracula's Castle's platforms, and the wider, flat version). and the How To Play stage under that was replaced with the Moving Skyloft stage (i know its not tourney legal but its beautiful, has many moving phases and is great chaos fun in FFA).

I agree with you on stages to replace, good thinking! I'm "considering" leaving the CEP fairly stock aside from the stages you mentioned. As for what stages I'll replace them with, idk yet aside from the ones i've mentioned above. Possibly with Omega versions of Brawl/Smash4 Stages that are out, or others that I'll mention in this thread. I kinda want to go the "tourney viable" route but then again I want to look back at what Patt used last time and bring some custom stages back if people have an interested in them returning. I want to have some that are nice tourney viable versions of old favorites, (like Omega Hyrule Temple) while keeping the cool Patt Anderson flavor of creative custom stages like Hidden Bridge, Bob'omb Battlefield, etc.

since the random stage select bug was 95% fixed (only the trophy stage and Termina Bay from Page 2 are bugged still, so I'll ask about a fix)... I think with just ONE build we can make it work "For Fun" and also "For Glory", which is amazing since since much less work for me on my end. ALSO, the controller unplugging issue is fixed since there's no pillar CSS, so that's great for drop-in/drop-out situations.

I did love to see Icicle Mountain back but upon playing on it the blast zones do need to be pushed out a bit, its a shame as its lots of fun for the kids to play in.

I have the old 3.02-11b build and i'll get some screenshots of the SSS and post them at the end of this post (along with the current CEP for 3.5-2 for comparison) for all to see and so ya'll can mention any stages you'd like to see return.
3.02-11b Page1:

3.5CEP Page1:

3.5CEP Page2:

3.02-11b Page2:
You are the perfect man for the job. I have no complaints with what you are doing and I continue to give you full leeway to make this into your project. You have the competitive knowledge that I was lacking. Good luck and I may come out of hiding to try your new version when it comes out with my comments. Thanks for continuing what I started. It still feels like what I was trying to do with this pack is underrepresented in the community and I'm glad that it's not ending. Good luck and God speed.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, about Icicle Mountain, I actually think it is a great recreation, the only problem is it is just impossible to play on right now. You can make the call with that one.

Here are the stages I would definitely keep -

N64 Peach's Castle (the worst one but I kind of want it just to have them all)
N64 Yoshi's Island
N64 Kongo Jungle
N64 Mushroom Kingdom
N64 Hyrule Castle
N64 Dreamland
N64 Sector Z
N64 Brinstar
N64 Saffron City
N64 Metal Cavern
N64 Battlefield
N64 Final Destination
N64 Training (this is the only stage from the N64 bunch that I would consider cutting because it is basically Dreamland, but that is up to you)
N64 The Beginning

Project M N64 Hyrule Castle
Project M N64 Dreamland
Project M Metal Cavern (make sure you fix the song glitch so only the metal theme plays and not Mushroomy Kingdom music)

I like having both the original N64 graphics and the Project M versions, but if it is too redundant I guess you can make cuts.

Melee Rainbow Cruise
Melee Peach's Castle
Melee Mushroom Kingdom
Melee Mushroom Kingdom II
Melee Yoshi's Island (people hate this stage but I love it)
Melee Yoshi's Story
Melee Jungle Japes (why not, it is on the disc)
Melee Kongo Jungle
Melee Temple
Melee Great Bay
Melee Fountain of Dreams
Melee Green Greens
Melee Corneria
Melee Venom (not really a great rendition but might as well to be complete)
Melee Brinstar
Melee Pokémon Stadium
Melee Big Blue
Melee Onett
Melee Fourside
Melee Flatzone (only if it works though, have not tested it)
Melee Icicle Mountain (up to you, I would just keep it)
Melee Trophy Stage
Melee Battlefield
Melee Final Destination

Everything below this point I don't really care about, you can do whatever you want really.

if there is a tournament ready 75m please add it, otherwise I would cut it entirely

Brawl Battlefield (it is there, why not)
Brawl Mushroomy Kingdom (I would like to see this stay, ideally over its original slot so the music issue is not a problem, you could move Project M Metal Cavern somewhere else)
Brawl Luigi's Mansion
Brawl Delfino Plaza
Brawl Mario Circuit
Brawl Yoshi's Island
Brawl Warioware Inc. (fun party stage, I hate when people kill it)
Brawl Pirate Ship (please make sure you use the ori
Brawl Bridge of Eldin
Brawl Halberd (not a great stage but people seem to like it)
Brawl Lylat Cruise
Brawl Pokémon Stadium 2 (it would be nice to have this option but up to you)
Brawl Port Town Aero Drive
Brawl Castle Siege
Brawl Flat Zone 2 (just because, although Patt hates it)
Brawl Smashville
Brawl Distant Planet (up to you if you want to cut it)
Brawl Green Hill Zone
Brawl Shadow Moses Island

Project M Hannenbow
Project M Summit
Project M Norfair (don't care about this one but up to you)
Project M Skyworld
Project M Warioware (you honestly could cut this and I would not care but I know there are tourney people who want it, I prefer the Brawl version though)
Project M Distant Planet
Project M Green Hill Zone
Project M Pokémon Stadium 2

Edit: also, just read your post, if you are considering replacing Melee Final Destination could you at least make it playable as one of the expanded stages? If there is a version with a backdrop more akin to Melee than Brawl (so it loads quicker) that would be ideal

Last edited:

20PK

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

can't post links cuz im new but gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/
This method works on Dolphin but doesn't work on configurable usb loader for me which is what i use since USB loader gx doesn't work for me after I tried to set it to ntfs mode (now it says ios -222 or something on the codedump before starting)

xGYARA

Smash Rookie
- Download the digital SD card
- Download the boot.elf
- Rename sd(WAHTEVER IS IN HERE).raw to sd.raw and place that sd.raw in (for windows)

C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.

- Open dolphin emulator
- Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
- Go into dolphin's config files and then choose the "Wii" tab.
- Check "Insert SD card"
- Download THIS file
- Go to Tools/Install WAD
- Go through process (should be really fast)
- Close the settings and in dolphin's main window, choose "Open".
- Go to the boot.elf you downloaded and hit enter
- Enjoy!
I did all of that and I get "IOCTL_ES__LAUNCH: Game tried to reload a title that is not available in your NAND dump Title ID 0000000100000002 Dolphin will likely hang now"
I'm using dolphin and NTSC version of Brawl.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I did all of that and I get "IOCTL_ES__LAUNCH: Game tried to reload a title that is not available in your NAND dump Title ID 0000000100000002 Dolphin will likely hang now"
I'm using dolphin and NTSC version of Brawl.
Recent versions of Dolphin are broken again as to loading Gecko. Use version 5396 if you want to make sure it works. I use it and it works fine.

xGYARA

Smash Rookie
Recent versions of Dolphin are broken again as to loading Gecko. Use version 5396 if you want to make sure it works. I use it and it works fine.
I did exactly the same on dolphin 4.0-5396 but it still doesn't work...
EDIT: I'm a noob and forgot to check "Insert SD card" (facepalm)
EDIT 2: Nope, still not working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom