• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Kidd Ryze

Smash Rookie
NNID
KiddRyze
3DS FC
4639-9938-5875
I actually read your post but was at work so I couldn't reply. I'm slowly getting back into scanning through brawlvault for getting all the skins fixed and updated for PMPE, I'm even collecting extras that I can add once cBliss it ported to 3.6. I'll continue to collect stages that can be fun and or competitive for PMPE as well. I'll hopefully be able to port all those things into 3.6 within a day or two, since I've been saving all the source files for all the content I've been adding so far to the build.

The Alternate Stage Loader is something I REALLY wanted, and once that, the stage expansion, and cBliss are working, this could be the best PMPE build ever!
Oh, so you're keeping Patt Edition alive? That's awesome, yun! Patt Edition is really popular with me and my friends so I'm glad it's getting continued!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Are you going to use the 3.6 beta as a bass or wait for a full version?
gonna wait for the full version. until then I will continue to gather all the files i need and learn the new way the filesystem for PM is in 3.6, since it has changed a bit from 3.5. 3.5 had most edits be done in the common5.pac, that file was split into multiple files. This means the programs I used to add levels, change music, etc will have to be upgraded as well. At least cBliss is said to be working with 14 slots per character. :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Can I just transfer over the character textures from patt edition to PM 3.6? Can I do that easily? (I'm not overly familiar with how it all works)

8_bit_D

Smash Rookie
NNID
8-bit-D
so im working on my own PM pack and i was interested in using just the character select screen.
Would this be easily done?

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
So i'm working on my on Project M Pack called Project M Vinci Edition which will be based on 3.5 which has hundreds of characters, stage expansion, many tracks and much more! Project M Vinci Edition takes inspiration from Patt Edition. Project M Vinci Edition 3.5-1 will be released before August 2015, i'll work on 3.6-1 after completing 3.5-1.

Nylocke

Smash Rookie
This looks pretty cool! Sucks that you have to download every file separately if you don't have mediafire pro. Oh well.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
gonna wait for the full version. until then I will continue to gather all the files i need and learn the new way the filesystem for PM is in 3.6, since it has changed a bit from 3.5. 3.5 had most edits be done in the common5.pac, that file was split into multiple files. This means the programs I used to add levels, change music, etc will have to be upgraded as well. At least cBliss is said to be working with 14 slots per character. :)
3.6 is out!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Any updates? Really would love to have a party sometime soon haha

Prolixus

Smash Rookie
Eagerly waiting PMPE 3.6! The moment someone points me to a download link, the University of Houston PM smash scene will get a whole lot more fun.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I see that many of you are waiting for an updated Patt Edition for 3.6, so I have something special that I compiled today as I had some free time.

A lot of people including myself enjoyed the Patt Edition for the plethora of characters it included, and since it has been discontinued and hasn't been updated since 3.5, I decided in using my build as a base and incorporating all the characters from it. The Patt Edition was my first introduction to PM and Brawl Modding, so I wanted to revive it to 3.6. I'd consider PMPE as the ultimate 'For Fun'/casual build for PM. Here's the DL

The Revived Project M Patt Edition 3.6

It is meant to be sort of 'DLC' to my build, so download my build (Hackless or Homebrew) and extract the contents in the SD Card. Then download the Revived Project M Patt Edition 3.6 and extract the contents to the SD Card merging any folder and replacing any file it asks you to. Then download the Homebrew .gct file or Hackless .gct file (depending on the version you have) and place it in the code folder. The end result will have all the characters and character selection screen from the Patt Edition Ver. 3.02-11 and the stages, music and other stuff from my build which is detailed here.

So for those of you who were eagerly awaiting for an updated Patt Edition, I hope you enjoy this. I would replace some characters with others, but some of you make like the characters I choose to replace and I don't have much time to go through Brawl Vault and search for other costumes, so feel free to customize it to your liking like, consider this build like some sort of template that you can make your own build of!

NOTE: I haven't tested if all the costumes work for 3.6 so if you get any freezes/bugs lemme know and I'll try to fix it when I get spare time.

EDIT: Forgot to include proper codes

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Any updates? Really would love to have a party sometime soon haha
Well life has certainly been taking hold of much of my time but I've still got the passion to get this done once some free time shows itself.
I see that many of you are waiting for an updated Patt Edition for 3.6, so I have something special that I compiled today as I had some free time.

A lot of people including myself enjoyed the Patt Edition for the plethora of characters it included, and since it has been discontinued and hasn't been updated since 3.5, I decided in using my build as a base and incorporating all the characters from it. The Patt Edition was my first introduction to PM and Brawl Modding, so I wanted to revive it to 3.6. I'd consider PMPE as the ultimate 'For Fun'/casual build for PM. Here's the DL

It is meant to be sort of 'DLC' to my build, so download my build (Hackless or Homebrew) and extract the contents in the SD Card. Then download the Revived Project M Patt Edition 3.6 and extract the contents to the SD Card merging any folder and replacing any file it asks you to. Then download the Homebrew .gct file or Hackless .gct file (depending on the version you have) and place it in the code folder. The end result will have all the characters and character selection screen from the Patt Edition Ver. 3.02-11 and the stages, music and other stuff from my build which is detailed here.

So for those of you who were eagerly awaiting for an updated Patt Edition, I hope you enjoy this. I would replace some characters with others, but some of you make like the characters I choose to replace and I don't have much time to go through Brawl Vault and search for other costumes, so feel free to customize it to your liking like, consider this build like some sort of template that you can make your own build of!

NOTE: I haven't tested if all the costumes work for 3.6 so if you get any freezes/bugs lemme know and I'll try to fix it when I get spare time.

Wow! I was really admiring your build and I'm glad to see you brought back stuff from 3.02-11b into PM 3.6. :) Would you please let me use this build as a base build of PMPE I'm going to refine (to more accurately resemble 3.5-1) for 3.6 that has been a long time in the making? I asked about this in your main thread. Thanks!

Question: did you make an error in your post, says you used PMPE 3.02-11, not PMPE 3.02-11b? Also I'm curious as to why you didn't use the characters from PMPE 3.5-1? Thanks for reading. :)

Also funny you mention not having enough time to run through all of Brawl Vault for new skins, I've been doing that in my free time and archiving and categorizing them, in preparation for cBliss allowing 14 skins per character, figuring out how to do that is my main issue right now.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Well life has certainly been taking hold of much of my time but I've still got the passion to get this done once some free time shows itself.
Wow! I was really admiring your build and I'm glad to see you brought back stuff from 3.02-11b into PM 3.6. :) Would you please let me use this build as a base build of PMPE I'm going to refine (to more accurately resemble 3.5-1) for 3.6 that has been a long time in the making? I asked about this in your main thread. Thanks!

Question: did you make an error in your post, says you used PMPE 3.02-11, not PMPE 3.02-11b? Also I'm curious as to why you didn't use the characters from PMPE 3.5-1? Thanks for reading. :)

Also funny you mention not having enough time to run through all of Brawl Vault for new skins, I've been doing that in my free time and archiving and categorizing them, in preparation for cBliss allowing 14 skins per character, figuring out how to do that is my main issue right now.
Yeah go ahead, feel free to use anything from my build!
And I was under the impression that 3.5-1 just cut characters from 3.02-11 but I guess not.

And that's sick, a lot of the costumes for Patt Edition broke in 3.6 so that's awesome that you ran through Brawl Vault and found new stuff. I am excited to see it! And in regards to the 14 skins per character, I believe Mewtwo2000 in fixing his tool to make it possible by getting the last couple of costumes to share their BPs and RSPs.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm back from the abyss called life! How's everything going? Sorry I couldn't continue developing PMPE everyone. I also don't have any insight to answer questions since I lost everything to do with my development recently.

Hope the scene is as fun and creative as it used to be. What are the "big packs" these days? Anyways,

Patt, signing off.

KawaiiBagel

Smash Rookie
I'm back from the abyss called life! How's everything going? Sorry I couldn't continue developing PMPE everyone. I also don't have any insight to answer questions since I lost everything to do with my development recently.

Hope the scene is as fun and creative as it used to be. What are the "big packs" these days? Anyways,

Patt, signing off.
Patt...

It's been 3,00 years...

schavira

Smash Journeyman

Can someone make an sd.raw of this? I no longer have Windows on my machine...

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Can someone make an sd.raw of this? I no longer have Windows on my machine...
I will once I fix a few bugs, a few costumes broke from 3.5 to 3.6 so I have to replace some costumes. I'm also working on adding a few things to the build such as more stages and button combinations for alt stages. I'll hopefully have it ready by this weekend or the weekend after that.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I will once I fix a few bugs, a few costumes broke from 3.5 to 3.6 so I have to replace some costumes. I'm also working on adding a few things to the build such as more stages and button combinations for alt stages. I'll hopefully have it ready by this weekend or the weekend after that.
Thank you so much! I have been waiting months for something like this. The only thing I ask is that you keep Melee music intact aha...

SuperScratchkat

Smash Rookie
Probably a stupid question, but will using this put my Wii at risk?
Like this is some neat stuff but I like my Wii.

alienjiz420

Smash Rookie
Probably a stupid question, but will using this put my Wii at risk?
Like this is some neat stuff but I like my Wii.
All you're doing is swapping out the stock Project M files with these on an SD card. And if you're referring to Project M as a whole, the Hackless variant will not modify any system files on the Wii, which means there's no real risk involved. Come to think of it, I don't think the soft-modded variant modifies any Wii system files either and is entirely SD based.

Last edited:

SuperScratchkat

Smash Rookie
All you're doing is swapping out the stock Project M files with these on an SD card. And if you're referring to Project M as a whole, the Hackless variant will not modify any system files on the Wii, which means there's no real risk involved. Come to think of it, I don't think the soft-modded variant modifies any Wii system files either and is entirely SD based.
Okay, thanks! I've decided to just get regular Project M, but this is still quite helpful!

schavira

Smash Journeyman

Patt, signing off.
Well, now that Project M is dead, do you want to come out of retirement one last time and give us a final final version? Please? :')

JasonMilesYT

Smash Rookie
Back then.. It seemed right... It seemed like a good idea to do a triple post.. Oh how the times have changed.
Hey, I Cant Get It To Work, If I Put The Projectm Folder In The SD Card Then I Just Go To Regular Gecko And It Says NO SD Codes Or Something Like That, But If I Remove The Project M Folder Then I Can Load Up The Launcher But Then Its Just Regular Brawl, Please Help Or Can You Plz Send Me The Iso Through Skype, Thnx

K1ngOfN1njas

Smash Rookie
Hi Patt! Don't know if you still respond to this forum, or if this question has already been answered, but is there by any chance a BRSTM list for PMPE 3.5 floating around on the internet? I'm looking to replace a song, and I can't find the one I want. The BRSTM I want to replace is Opening (Melee). Also, just wanted to say I'm a huge fan of your work. This is an amazing mod!

firefanta172

Smash Rookie
Mr Kapedani, the bottom half of the char select screen isn't working. ;-;

vgpuppybot

Smash Rookie
I have been trying to download this, but nothing's working. I'm using a 2gb SD card, formatted to FAT 32, and extracting all files to it. But when I put in in my Wii, and went to Brawl's Stage Builder, nothing happened. I'm also using a hackless Wii. Thanks to anybody who can help.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
OK. It could be as simple as restarting the Wii and trying again, or you might need to replace the boot.elf in PMPE with the one in p:m. But before replacing, check if p:m still works.

Top Bottom