• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
EDIT: I believe the Charizard alternate model which is SUPPOSED to be Lugia is instead Armored Charizard (from the movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew"). The other alternate models are spot-on.

Also, just ran into another "hit-and-run" game freeze! Was playing as Charizard using his Mega Y model, and was (once again) in Classic mode. This time, I was supposed to fight against a team of Kirbys, but the round never loaded, and I was instead "treated" to that irritating game freeze buzz (the Wii's way of saying, U MAD, BRO?!, perhaps?).

On a side note, why on Earth does the Wii see fit to make that irritating buzz whenever a game freezes?! It's aggravating enough to see a game actually freeze up. To rub our faces in it with an annoying noise? That's just cruel. It's so cruel it makes Cruel Brawl seem like a Christmas present.

Last edited:

HyperSam14

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamTheTaco14
3DS FC
1220-8299-3333
This is a random question, but what is the font used in the SSS?

Free-D

Smash Cadet
Patt could you check out the ancient temple (in place of skyloft),

I originally thought it was an fd clone with a temple in the background but it turned to be a transforming stage and there's the platforms don't dissapear accordingly,

I'd like the stage to be an fd clone if that's possible thanks!

Also is the rel file st_dxgarden.rel for sky loft?

booboothemiko

Smash Rookie
um... so the weirdest thing happened to me. project m resets my wii u. after the project m menu loads it doesn't take me to the game. it takes me to the wii menu
youtube.com/watch?v=_sckh3zjbew
I'm using the hackless method. I did already did this a dozen times with other custom modes. this is the first time this happened to me.

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Not sure how the Wii U works in terms of softmodding. Otherwise I'd suggest setting IOS to 222, and hooktype to VBI. Those usually work in terms of mods.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Mine as well ask this here, in theory, if I had two 2gb sd cards, could I have one of them with project m on it, and the other with project m patt edition and than use either version whenever I want? I realize I would need to only have one sd card in at a time (I'm pretty sure you can only have one in at a time anyways) But one smash bros game is not limited to one project m mod thing is it ?

Sorry if this makes almost no sense. I don't know how to word this.

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you could--you'd simply have to have the codes associated with each mod also on their respective SD cards.
Thanks for the help! I have two folders on my desktop now, one with the contents of the newest project m (3.5) and one with the contents of Patt's version. I'll be ordering two 2 GB SD cards off amazon this Friday.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Finals done on Wednesday. Hoping to release 2 variations of -02, For Fun and For Glory. (I could've called them something else but this makes sense for now, the names are subject to change).

For Glory will be for tournaments and will be similar to what is already available. I am planning on removing any unbalanced skins and stages.

For Fun will be the Patt Pack you all know and love in all its unbalanced glory with full cBliss and Stage Expansion support.

Look forward to it and make sure to keep suggesting additions and changes!

EDIT: Does anyone have my song list from version 11b saved anywhere??? I accidentally deleted it from the forum :S

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
great news! Also I made a HUGE oversight with the unbalanced skins list, I forgot to recommend other skins to replace them with, (to make your job easier). I'll go back and see how many skins per character I should recommend and I'll make a recommended skins list that you can use to replace the unbalanced skins.

Skin suggestions List:
Wario: Ninja Wario, Patrick Star, Faust (over Petey Pirhana,Helmaroc King,Homer)
Mario: Beck, Billy Hatcher, Super Mario Sunshine Alt Costume (over Chao,NESMario, PACMAN)
Luigi: Postman, Toro, or Clank (over master roshi)
Peach: Ayla (over Amy Rose)
Bowser: Hunter (over Baby Bowser)
Yoshi: Kecleon (over Lakitu)
DK: Kerchak (over Shadow Beast)
Diddy: Sparkster (over Ape Escape Monkey)
Wolf: Exveemon, Him (over Raplh, General Scales)
Fox: Fio (over Purple Fox skin)
Falco: Donald Duck (over King Zant)
Ice Climbers: Mallow and Snowy (over Chao)
Zelda: Skyward Sword Zelda (over toon zelda)
Shiek: Skyward Sword Impa (over toon shiek)
Ganondorf: Akuma v2 (over happy masks salesman)
ROB: SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB, Hero of Hyrule ROB, Wall-E, Falcon ROB, (over Missingno, Magnet Pokemon, Plankton, Awesome-o, Klaptrap,Creeper, R2D2)
Pikachu: Star Bunnies, Moogle (over Pichu, light blue pokemon)
Squirtle: Larvitar, Bowser Jr. (over light-blue pokemon with round white head, green pokemon with yellow eyes)
Ivysaur: Spyro Re-sized (over Venosaur)
Samus: Metroid Other M Samus (over RayMK2 Robot)
Lucas: Travis, Scott Pilgrim (over Toadette, Sackboy)
Ness: Kenny or Emmet (over old Toadsworth)
Ike: Shulk, Future Trunks (over guy w/red sunglasses, Hallowed Hero)
Roy: Golden Sun Issac (over Megatron)
Marth: Ghirahim (with cape version), (over white skull-faced guy)
List of original 3.5 Alt skins they want to stay:
Wario: Biker Wario
Mario: Dr Mario
Luigi: Mr L.
Peach: Evil Peach
DK: Boxing DK (brown)
C.Falcon: Alt Captain Falcon with Microphone
Fox: Original Melee Fox
Falco: Original Melee Falco
Ice Climbers: Bear Suit Alt
Zelda: Oot Zelda Alt
Sheik: Oot Sheik alt
Link: Green Oot Link Alt
Toon Link: Blue-Shirt Toon Link Alt
Ganondorf: OoT Ganodorf Alt
Pikachu: Ash Ketchum Hat Alt (with ears down)
Squirtle: Black Ninja Squirtle Alt
Charizard: Armored Alt
Samus: Fusion Suit Alt, Original Metroid Alt
Zero Suit Sams: Fusion Suit Alt, Original Metroid Alt(with pink suit/green hair)
Ike: New Alt Ike (in blue)
ROB: Virtual Boy Rob (red and black)
Snake: Big Boss
List of Skins they would like to see return in 3.5 PMPE's cBliss version:
Sonic:Silver and Shadow
Snake:Batman
Link:Red/White digimon with shield
List of new skins they would like to see:
Bowser: Smash4 Bowser over original bowser
Samus: Smash4 Samus(which is really Metroid: Other M" Samus)

I'll ask them again once brawl vault it back up.
Would it be possible to keep all the original page 1 stages in the FOR GLORY version, it'll make adapting the SSS for tournaments easier. We miss those page 1 stages you removed, especially skyloft! :)

I'm curious why not use the cBliss expansion in FOR GLORY? The real main reason why my community loves your pack is the skin selection, to be honest.

EDIT: I picked a FOR GLORY edition set of tournament legal stages (same as used by S@X seen here)
- PM Starter Stages (GREEN OUTLINE)
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone

- PM Counterpick Stages (YELLOW OUTLINE)
Dream Land 64
Yoshi's Island
Warioware
Yoshi's Story
Lylat Cruise
Fountain of Dreams
Distant Planet

-All others banned (RED OUTLINE)

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Finals done on Wednesday. Hoping to release 2 variations of -02, For Fun and For Glory. (I could've called them something else but this makes sense for now, the names are subject to change).

For Glory will be for tournaments and will be similar to what is already available. I am planning on removing any unbalanced skins and stages.

For Fun will be the Patt Pack you all know and love in all its unbalanced glory with full cBliss and Stage Expansion support.

EDIT: Does anyone have my song list from version 11b saved anywhere??? I accidentally deleted it from the forum :S
Looking forward to this. I know you probably get a lot of suggestions, so I understand that you might not be able to add many if any of them, but I would just like to let you know the skins I would love to see, since I myself don't have the capability of adding skins to my game, something like Project M: Patt edition is a lot of help, since it's so simple to use. Anyways I'll list them all below, and for the record they are all available on brawl vault, without further ado here we go:

Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part III) by Gamidame_K -This one is for Sheik.
[URL='https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102142953/Vault%20Release/Eren%20Jaeger.rar']Eren Jaeger (Shingeki No Kiojin) V2
by Gamidame_K - This one is for Link.
[URL='http://sta.sh/0wi3gde5wly']Dandy (Space Dandy)
by Gamidame_K[/URL][/URL] - This one is for Captain Falcon.
Ira Gamagoori (Kill la Kill) by Gamidame_K -This one is for Ganondorf.
[URL='http://sta.sh/0aim9o1s6va']Matoi Ryuko (Kill la Kill)
by Gamidame_K - This one is for Ike.
[URL='https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102142953/New%20Gate/Mikasa.rar']Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki No Kiojin)
by Gamidame_K - This one is for Marth.
[URL='https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102142953/New%20Gate/Levi.rar']Levi Rivaille (Shingeki No Kiojin)
by Gamidame_K - This one is for Marth.
Poo by Pik with credit to Segab - This one is for Ness. [/URL][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=19885&Moderated=All'][URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=19885&Moderated=All'][URL='http://www.mediafire.com/file/b27kuotxqt4yluo/FitNess05.pcs']Paula Jones by Pik - This one is for Ness.
[URL='https://www.dropbox.com/s/fivvlftc047y101/ThatNerdGuy.zip']Jeff (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
by Boygos - This one is for Ness.[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=19885&Moderated=All'][URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=19885&Moderated=All'][URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=2025&Moderated=All'][URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=17162&Moderated=All'][URL='https://www.mediafire.com/?8m2cn9xbykp3h2d']Robin [SSB Wii U] by russmarrs2 - This one is for Marth.[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
Shulk[XenoBlade Chronicles] by bleachmagic - This one is for Ike.
[URL='http://www.mediafire.com/?25zcow7rar7fsgr#1']Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising)
by Brawlerten - This one is for Pit.[/URL]
[URL='http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=9515&Moderated=All'][URL='https://www.mediafire.com/?6qty5jcbtcl6tpg']Pac-Man [SSB Wii U] by russmarrs2 - This one is for Mario.[/URL][/URL]
14 requests in total.
(Sorry about the orange text, I directly took the title of each file from the site so it's easy for you to find if you do decide on adding any of these. )
I also realize you are busy with finals and stuff, and I think it's great you put time into this when you don't need to.
Almost lastly, I guess I would like to explain my requests. Dio, Eren, Dandy, Ira, Ryuko, Mikasa and Levi are all just because I love the anime they come from, and would simply like to play as them in game, that's all there is to it really. Poo, Paula and Jeff are choices made due to my love of the earthbound series. (Mainly the second two games) Finally, Robin, Shulk, Dark Pit and Pac-Man are decisions made because I can't get a wii-u (I own smash 4 on my 3DS but regardless) I think it would be cool to have all the newcomers from smash 4 in project m patt edition, and if I looked at all the current characters in patt edition correctly, we already have most of the newcomers, but the ones I requested were the ones that are not in. (unless you added them in the newest version). Let me know if some of these are already in the new version or if you plan on adding any of them eventually, if you don't add any of them that's totally fine, as stated I realize you get a lot of requests. Also, finally, is Makisu Kurisu back in the newest version? (Oh, and for the record, I get a wii this friday, so I have not actually played this yet. I know that sounds lame and I should not have an opinion or ideas for future characters to be added, but I am really excited to try it out when the time comes. )

-Aidan.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
great news! Also I made a HUGE oversight with the unbalanced skins list, I forgot to recommend other skins to replace them with, (to make your job easier). I'll go back and see how many skins per character I should recommend and I'll make a recommended skins list that you can use to replace the unbalanced skins.

Skin suggestions List:

Would it be possible to keep all the original page 1 stages in the FOR GLORY version, it'll make adapting the SSS for tournaments easier. We miss those page 1 stages you removed, especially skyloft! :)

I'm curious why not use the cBliss expansion in FOR GLORY? The real main reason why my community loves your pack is the skin selection, to be honest.

EDIT: I picked a FOR GLORY edition set of tournament legal stages (same as used by S@X seen here)
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into adding cBliss. I may add stage expansion too if I can get random stage selection working.

Looking forward to this. I know you probably get a lot of suggestions, so I understand that you might not be able to add many if any of them, but I would just like to let you know the skins I would love to see, since I myself don't have the capability of adding skins to my game, something like Project M: Patt edition is a lot of help, since it's so simple to use. Anyways I'll list them all below, and for the record they are all available on brawl vault, without further ado here we go:

Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part III) by Gamidame_K -This one is for Sheik.
Eren Jaeger (Shingeki No Kiojin) V2 by Gamidame_K - This one is for Link.
Dandy (Space Dandy) by Gamidame_K - This one is for Captain Falcon.
Ira Gamagoori (Kill la Kill) by Gamidame_K -This one is for Ganondorf.
Matoi Ryuko (Kill la Kill) by Gamidame_K - This one is for Ike.
Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki No Kiojin) by Gamidame_K - This one is for Marth.
Levi Rivaille (Shingeki No Kiojin) by Gamidame_K - This one is for Marth.
Poo by Pik with credit to Segab - This one is for Ness.
Paula Jones by Pik - This one is for Ness.
Jeff (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) by Boygos - This one is for Ness.
Robin [SSB Wii U] by russmarrs2 - This one is for Marth.
Shulk[XenoBlade Chronicles] by bleachmagic - This one is for Ike.
Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising) by Brawlerten - This one is for Pit.
Pac-Man [SSB Wii U] by russmarrs2 - This one is for Mario.
14 requests in total.
(Sorry about the orange text, I directly took the title of each file from the site so it's easy for you to find if you do decide on adding any of these. )
I also realize you are busy with finals and stuff, and I think it's great you put time into this when you don't need to.
Almost lastly, I guess I would like to explain my requests. Dio, Eren, Dandy, Ira, Ryuko, Mikasa and Levi are all just because I love the anime they come from, and would simply like to play as them in game, that's all there is to it really. Poo, Paula and Jeff are choices made due to my love of the earthbound series. (Mainly the second two games) Finally, Robin, Shulk, Dark Pit and Pac-Man are decisions made because I can't get a wii-u (I own smash 4 on my 3DS but regardless) I think it would be cool to have all the newcomers from smash 4 in project m patt edition, and if I looked at all the current characters in patt edition correctly, we already have most of the newcomers, but the ones I requested were the ones that are not in. (unless you added them in the newest version). Let me know if some of these are already in the new version or if you plan on adding any of them eventually, if you don't add any of them that's totally fine, as stated I realize you get a lot of requests. Also, finally, is Makisu Kurisu back in the newest version? (Oh, and for the record, I get a wii this friday, so I have not actually played this yet. I know that sounds lame and I should not have an opinion or ideas for future characters to be added, but I am really excited to try it out when the time comes. )

-Aidan.
Thanks for all the suggestions I'll make sure to do my best to add them. I can already say that I've tried some of those skins and they don't work well. I'll do my best to add them!

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into adding cBliss. I may add stage expansion too if I can get random stage selection working.

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll make sure to do my best to add them. I can already say that I've tried some of those skins and they don't work well. I'll do my best to add them!
Oh wow, you live in Surrey? I live in Victoria. I did not even realize we lived so close. (That's kind of cool) Regardless, thank you for reading over my requests! Since you say a lot of them don't work well I completely understand, and I kind of suspected you had already tried some of them ~ Thanks again for doing your best and being so friendly!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hey Patt, I was looking around for balanced stage suggestions for the FOR GLORY pack, and I found a Stage-Expansion Map Pack made by Mario on Reddit that is perfect for FOR GLORY, my friends have tried out this build for the past few days and they are in LOVE with it. He used ALL of the stages from 64 and brawl just like you Patt, AND HERES THE COOL PART: he also chose to use the "balanced/competetively viable" versions of stages if they existed. (kinda like how there are "Omega" versions of stages in Smash 4). Genuis, right?

This pack allows for all of the favorites from 64, melee, brawl and PM to be used while also making sure that almost ALL of the stages that were not tournament viable before, can now be competitively viable because of removed stage hazards, etc. You can see a picture of each stage included in the pack with a brief description: here. I'll try and ask him to post it in his own thread here on smashboards too!

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
What about a third Project M...uh, project, titled "For Pokemon Fans"?

Basically, take all the Pokemon skins you can find on the web (mostly on kc-mm.com's Brawl Vault), and put the best ones, as separate characters, on a customized Project M CSS. Even better would be to theme the items, menus, stages and music after various Pokemon games.

Also, if you want to try to build some sort of functioning solo mode, base the event matches around various Pokemon genres--such as "Best of Generation 1, 2, 3, etc.", where you have to take a Pokemon from a certain generation, and have to eliminate all other Pokemon from that generation in order to complete the event. Or, a "Legend or Myth?" match would have you playing as any legendary Pokemon, and you'd have to defeat all other legendaries.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
What about a third Project M...uh, project, titled "For Pokemon Fans"?

Basically, take all the Pokemon skins you can find on the web (mostly on kc-mm.com's Brawl Vault), and put the best ones, as separate characters, on a customized Project M CSS. Even better would be to theme the items, menus, stages and music after various Pokemon games.

Also, if you want to try to build some sort of functioning solo mode, base the event matches around various Pokemon genres--such as "Best of Generation 1, 2, 3, etc.", where you have to take a Pokemon from a certain generation, and have to eliminate all other Pokemon from that generation in order to complete the event. Or, a "Legend or Myth?" match would have you playing as any legendary Pokemon, and you'd have to defeat all other legendaries.
Though this sounds like an interesting idea, I can 100% garuntee you it will never be made by me. It's hard enough maintaining one pack and now I'm making two.

Sorry my friend! Try posting this idea to the boards and see if someone else takes you up on it!

Perect Darkness

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to get this to work forever now, but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.

I have a hackless NTSC Wii (Project M works fine for me, Patt's Edition not currently).
There are 4 folders from MediaFire available for download. I downloaded the 4th file"PMPE Hackless Wii" and the 2nd "General Version Information" files. I extracted and placed the files into the root directory of a clean FAT 32 formatted 2gb SD card. I compared the contents of the root to a sample of what it should look like, but I seem to be missing the "apps" folder.

Anyways, I removed the sd card, placed in Wii, started Brawl (physical copy) and went to Stage Editor (No custom maps saved, all deleted). Unlike when the loader starts with normal Project M (which still works), Patt's Edition does not start when entering Stage Editor, nothing loads, remains plain editor.

My question is, do I have to download the two other files, "Extra Files for Advanced Users" and "PMPE Dolphin Digital SD Cards" and if yes, I would be downloading each file in the 2 folders individually so I would need to know where to put the files. Does it have something to do with the missing "apps" folder? My other SD card (same model/brand) has Project M on it with no "apps" folder in root directory, but works fine.

I have homebrew and am willing to download or do anything necessary to get Patt's Ed. to work (hope I don't need an external HD though).

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated! Thanks much!!!

Perect Darkness

Smash Rookie
My Issue Solved, and I have to say, your mod is EPIC!! My 3 brothers and I are going to have a blast tonight, but I'm keeping the SD to surprise them til then haha.

I've heard other people talk about this problem (Project M works, Patt's Edition doesn't). What I did was format, re-download (Hackless File only), but this time, I extracted onto desktop folder first, then transferred to sd.

Anyways, good luck all, look forward to any coming updates :)

KillzXGaming

Smash Rookie
I've gotten stage Expansion to work with project 35, the download is 3.5 and updated 3 days ago, so the title may say 3.02 on the post, but it is actually updated! Hope you add it again!!! Cannot post a link, put here is the title of post
Stage expansion template for PM 3.02 (36-, 16- and 12-stage versions)

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've gotten stage Expansion to work with project 35, the download is 3.5 and updated 3 days ago, so the title may say 3.02 on the post, but it is actually updated! Hope you add it again!!! Cannot post a link, put here is the title of post
Stage expansion template for PM 3.02 (36-, 16- and 12-stage versions)
Thanks! I'm actually in the works of making my "for fun" pack identical to my old 11b pack. Stage expansions and cBliss included! It should be out by the end of the weekend if all works out.

KillzXGaming

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I'm actually in the works of making my "for fun" pack identical to my old 11b pack. Stage expansions and cBliss included! It should be out by the end of the weekend if all works out.
I put all the maps from 3.02 .10 and worked, i'll be glad to give it to you if you want, though stages are out of date.

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
I wasn't exactly expecting you to create a Pokemon-themed BrawlEX pack. I just need to know, in as concise a fashion as possible, the steps I need to take to build a BrawlEX roster from scratch (well, from characters on this site).

TRaiOdYo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0962-9178-0513
Hey Patt, I was wondering, where did you end up getting the Hidden Bridge stage? I can't find it anywhere on Brawl Vault...

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
He may have made it himself, and included it in his mod. I KIND OF figured out some things regarding how to add characters to the default Brawl roster, but was wondering how to add costumes, as well. There should be a program or app which enables you to tinker with the roster and/or characters' costumes. I know that BrawlEXConfig enables you to add costumes, but not sure how many you're allowed to have for each character. Is the max actually ten, or can you get up to 14 (the utility seems to have up to 14 slots--0-5 and an A? are on the top row, and 6-11 and a B? are on the bottom row of check boxes)?

Michael Howson

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrightKnight27

Hey Patt, are the songs in the sound folder in your pack? I don't know much about modding but if they are in your pack somewhere i still have 11b so if they are in that pack I have them.

Blackie2414

Smash Rookie
Aw man Patt! I have been such a big fan of your pack all because it at last let me play as my most requested character since Melee: Toon Zelda! Please, you need to bring her back!!! I couldn't believe she was in when I first saw her, and now that she is out, I'm so bummed. While I found it odd that Toon Shiek was her alternate and not Tetra, I just so loved the fact that Toon Zelda was actually here. I'd really love if you can add her back into the next update Patt! Thank you so much for everything!

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
If it's not too much work, could you please create a stage based on the game Madworld? I was thinking it would have black and white visuals (just the backgrounds would be fine, but making the characters monochrome would be kinda cool too) and a soundtrack composed of the inventive indie hip-hop score of the game. As for what the stage would be, I envision either the boxing arena or the chinatown-esque level (it would be great for them to be part of the for glory pack). Also, adding the Black Baron as a costume for Ganondorf would be fantastic!

On a side note, what constitutes an unbalanced character skin?

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
IIRC, Patt doesnt make stages, but instead just compiles custom stages into a pack. I'd PM someone in the stage ideas thread if you want a stage built.

Regarding unbalanced character skins: this is where the model are far too large or small in comparison to the original (when chacking all of 3.02-11b I let some slide because they were a tiny bit larger or smaller). Because 9/10 times when the model is a different size, the hurtbox/hitbox of the character will change with it. Making characters harder to hit, or easier to hit because of their size. Even if these hurt/hitboxes dont change but the character skin is way too large or small, it's unbalanced because then the skin is creating an illusion and when you clearly hit a character onscreen it wont register due to mismatched hurtbox/model size.

A mod like this would be banned at a tournament because of all the different models being distracting, but for those of use who want to use this mod in tournaments anyway because we love the skin variety... it is crucial that the added skins' model and hitbox/hurtbox be the same size as the original characters', to eliminate any advantages/disadvantages that variations in sizes of those elements can cause.

-2 examples:
-a tiny mario skin was used, when playing against characters with projectiles (link, sheik, etc) they would miss when they should normally hit
-hitting an overly large ganondorf skin will be more difficult if the hurtbox was unchanged because even though your attack passed through the larger model, the nomal sized hurtbox was untouched and your attacks will miss when they should normally hit

TRaiOdYo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0962-9178-0513
IIRC, Patt doesnt make stages, but instead just compiles custom stages into a pack. I'd PM someone in the stage ideas thread if you want a stage built.
It's not that I want a stage built, the stage definitely exists, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet besides Youtube. Here's a video that contains the stage in question:

(17:42) (I'm new on Smash Boards and I can't insert links... Sorry for inconvenience. Just open the picture up in a new tab)
It's such an amazing looking stage, you'd think finding it would be easy...

Last edited:

Fusions

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to get project m patt edition working on netplay? Like, is there an iso builder for it or how do I do it? Thanks!

Florance

Smash Rookie
this a huge let down for pc
it does not work for dolphin
i tried the step countless times
does not work

PolarNasu

Smash Cadet
How do I add Cbliss to my P:M 3.5? I already got the 36 stage expansion working and would also like to add Cbliss as well.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
After playing Smash 4, and having most of my colleagues making the switch, I don't see myself continuing development of Project M: Patt Edition. Sorry everyone, if someone wants to re over development please feel free. But as far as I can tell, I've lost the drive. Sorry all. I know I had grand plans for For Fun and For Glory packs but the work doesn't equal the pay off for me as no one in my life, not even myself, would play it.

This isn't exactly the gift I wanted to give everyone but I hope yall have a merry Christmas regardless.

Patt Anderson, signing off. It's been fun.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
After playing Smash 4, and having most of my colleagues making the switch, I don't see myself continuing development of Project M: Patt Edition. Sorry everyone, if someone wants to re over development please feel free. But as far as I can tell, I've lost the drive. Sorry all. I know I had grand plans for For Fun and For Glory packs but the work doesn't equal the pay off for me as no one in my life, not even myself, would play it.

This isn't exactly the gift I wanted to give everyone but I hope yall have a merry Christmas regardless.

A toast to one of the best pack builders I've ever seen.

And if it's too early to drink. Drink anyway.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice

Nooooo... :'( I'm truly saddened and am at a loss of words by this news, me and all my local friends were eagerly awaiting your updated cbliss build to prepare for my next tournament, we had a feeling development was having issues due to no updates from you... Could you at least release a list of all the character skins you had planned to release in your 3.5-2 For Glory edition, so i may try my hand at recreating it for our personal use, Please? (and I could release it if anyone else also wants it) (i assume it's just a list of your 3.02-11b skins with updates to remove/replace unbalanced skins).

if only we'd at least seen a cBliss release for 3.5... we would be happy with that alone as it could be ported to upcoming builds of Project M while having the updated 'balanced' character skins selection in place.

My buddies will continue to use your 3.5-1 version until we find another custom build that has your level of character skins with cBliss installed.

Top Bottom