• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
using Debug mode you can toggle the hitboxes/hurtboxes so we can compare if a skins has smaller/larger ones than stock. I'm excited to use this for finding unbalanced skins, etc.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
using Debug mode you can toggle the hitboxes/hurtboxes so we can compare if a skins has smaller/larger ones than stock. I'm excited to use this for finding unbalanced skins, etc.
I'll take all the support I can get! Once you get your hands on the pack please send me any bug reports, stage issues or requests, characters issues or requests that you can find!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I've already gone through 1/2 of EVERY character skin from 3.02 11b and ive catalogued the ones that are overly large or small from the original ones. Several are slightly smaller or bigger but it's really unnoticable. I'll report them to you once i finish the rest

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've already gone through 1/2 of EVERY character skin from 3.02 11b and ive catalogued the ones that are overly large or small from the original ones. Several are slightly smaller or bigger but it's really unnoticable. I'll report them to you once i finish the rest
That's helpful because I am planning on potentially going back and adding cBliss to my pack if it doesn't cause glitchy. Right now my pack is glitches and freezeless and works with classic mode and subspace as well as everything else. Kind of don't want to change anything haha. I didn't add any new characters to this new version so your work is not wasted, I just had to remove some characters is all.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
btw im curious, are you using the wifi or the fullset? because i'd like the option to run both since i use the fullset for local and tourneys and i wifi with other buddies who DL your pack too.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
btw im curious, are you using the wifi or the fullset? because i'd like the option to run both since i use the fullset for local and tourneys and i wifi with other buddies who DL your pack too.
Only use full set. I don't like being limited ;) I don't think it would be too hard to port it over though. Give it a shot.

Oh by the way.

THE WII VERSION IS UP! DOLPHIN ON THE WAY!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
There is going to be a PMPE 3.5 with all the stages in the other versions?? :(
Bowsers castle? There shouldn't be a bowsers castle in the new pack. Are you playing on wii? Also maybe there will maybe there won't. In aiming for this release to be as stable as possible and stage expansion makes things shakey. Also none of the code for either the character or stage expansions have been updated so it's a waiting game. Tried to get it out just so you can enjoy the freshness of 3.5 with some spice.
Kinda sad you got rid of the Sigurd alternate for Marth :(
thanks for letting me know! I threw together what I consideres the best skins but the more you ask the likelier your wish will be granted!

Last edited:

Kiremedic

Smash Rookie
About the Bowser's Castel stage it was in the past versión 3.02 11b, just saying to be careful to put it in the new version =). Yeah I'm playing in a retrocompatible wii. I was wondering because all that stages together are perfect =D

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
About the Bowser's Castel stage it was in the past versión 3.02 11b, just saying to be careful to put it in the new version =). Yeah I'm playing in a retrocompatible wii. I was wondering because all that stages together are perfect =D
It's true. I'll see! You should try the new version out just to see and let me know if you find bugs.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hey how were you able to get the stage preview images to be that weird shape that the PMDT made them now?
They are just images in the common5.pac i believe... you just have to do some photoshop magic and import them into the right place with BrawlBox, or whatever program Patt uses (idk).

Downloading and installing now! I'll finish working on the character skin balance report tomorrow and then ill work on figuring out stage classifications(starters/counterpicks/banned)= and their SSS layout for future tournament builds. Thanks Patt!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
They are just images in the common5.pac i believe... you just have to do some photoshop magic and import them into the right place with BrawlBox, or whatever program Patt uses (idk).

Downloading and installing now! I'll finish working on the character skin balance report tomorrow and then ill work on figuring out stage classicication/SSS layout for future tournaments. Thanks Patt!
Exactly. I did everything manually this time with brawl box. Took a while but things turned out well.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice

Downloading and installing now! I'll finish working on the character skin balance report tomorrow and then ill work on figuring out stage classicication/SSS layout for future tournaments. Thanks Patt!
I know how to put the images in, I just would like to know how he was able to get them to be that shape

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I know how to put the images in, I just would like to know how he was able to get them to be that shape
The stock images are stored in the common5.pac so he just exracts the one he's replacaing, deletes the stage image but keeps the border and pastes the new stage image within the border of the old one (thus keeping the shape the PMDT used originally). i dont know if that answers your question though, or if i'm right at all.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
The stock images are stored in the common5.pac so he just exracts the one he's replacaing, deletes the stage image but keeps the border and pastes the new stage image within the border of the old one (thus keeping the shape the PMDT used originally). i dont know if that answers your question though, or if i'm right at all.
lol doesnt really answer but thanks anyway

@ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson thanks lol

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt one more thing, could you link me the stage icon border template?
Here

Everyone, please let me know if a character who was in 11b, or a alt who is in PM 3.5 vanilla, got left out and you're sad now. I'll do my best to wade through the requests and add them back if I can. I like having complete character swaps for alts, so that is one of the main reasons that a lot of the new PM alts didn't make the cut. Thanks for playing and enjoy!

Last edited:

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I got it working fine in Dolphin by putting the hackless version over the 3.5 homebrew version of pm. Anyways great work, only thing that I feel like it's really missing now are the stages you had in 11b. However at least your mod is working with 3.5 now. Maybe in a future version you might consider replacing game&watch with perhaps triforce Gannon or something simular so you can put in a bunch more skins due to game and watch not being reskinable, perhaps make it an optional version only though as even though I pretty much hate G&W some people might love him. (I don't know any though)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I got it working fine in Dolphin by putting the hackless version over the 3.5 homebrew version of pm. Anyways great work, only thing that I feel like it's really missing now are the stages you had in 11b. However at least your mod is working with 3.5 now. Maybe in a future version you might consider replacing game&watch with perhaps triforce Gannon or something simular so you can put in a bunch more skins due to game and watch not being reskinable, perhaps make it an optional version only though as even though I pretty much hate G&W some people might love him. (I don't know any though)
I won't remove any characters because I want the game to still be thought of as project M. I'm still waiting on those stages too! If the stage expansion codeset isn't too buggy I'll put it in but right now it's nice to not have any freezing or be unable to change the music for stages. Thanks for playing let me know if you find anything that's a bug or a freeze.

EDIT:

The SD.RAW is up for all you dolphinites!

Last edited:

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I won't remove any characters because I want the game to still be thought of as project M. I'm still waiting on those stages too! If the stage expansion codeset isn't too buggy I'll put it in but right now it's nice to not have any freezing or be unable to change the music for stages. Thanks for playing let me know if you find anything that's a bug or a freeze.

EDIT:

The SD.RAW is up for all you dolphinites!
Yeah it might be possible to simply add more characters in the future so variants might be possible. I had weird random crashing bug only when selecting stages on the prior version (11b) where Dolphin would say it became desynced but as for the current version I have experienced no crashing issues thus far so that is a definite bonus. Project M will probably be worked on for years and someday might even have 100 total characters depending on if the devs are aggressive enough, but of course 100 unbalanced fighters is less fun to play then 41 balanced fighters because you can put 100 characters into Brawl right now but the balance is very bad.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is there anyway to put the stages from the previous version to 3.5 because those stages were really done well
Eventually it will be, but for now this is it until the stage expansion pack code is updated.

EDIT:
Can anyone using a Wii let me know if Allstar/Stamina/NoBlastzones works in my pack? Dolphin is having issues with it currently.

Last edited:

cherrim98

Smash Rookie
My my i actually want the following skins that were in 11b to be here:
Peach: Krystal
Bowser: Groudon, Golem, and Bowser 64
DK: Cranky Kong
Diddy Kong: Abu, Simisage, Amigo and Electabuzz
Captain Falcon: Mega Blaziken
Olimar: Bomberman
Samus: Fusion Suit Samus
Zelda: Toon Zelda and Chun-Li
Metwo: Darkrai
Pikachu: Toy Pikachu and Pachirisu
Jigglypuff: Drifblim and Spheal
Squirtle: Snivy
Ivysaur: Vileplume and Octorok
Charizard: Reshiram, Zekrom, and Ho-Oh
Pit: Black Mage and Isaac. (And please keep the Dark Pit skin!)
Meta Knight: Cloyster and Buggsy
Kirby: Luma
Sonic: Excalibur Sonic and Knuckles?

Now for the PM 3.5 Alternates:
Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf: All Ocarina of Time skins.
Toon Link: Outset Link.
Samus: Fusion Suit Samus (If other one isn't used), and Light Suit Samus
Captain Falcon: Retro Falcon
Marth: Sigurd
Ike: Hector
Pit: Classic Pit
Sonic: Jet Set Sonic
Snake: BIg Boss

I hope this isn't too much! I just loved all of these characters!

For the Stages,
Why were most of them removed? I liked all of them!

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
hi Patt! I'm almost done weeding through the 11b character skins to determine which skin models are too big or small vs originals, but in the meantime...
For the Stages,
Why were most of them removed? I liked all of them!
I do agree with the last part of the above post: I do love all the stages in stock 3.5 (especially any on page1.) I feel that at least rows (from the bottom going up) 1,2, and 3 on page 1 and 2's original 3.5 stages should be left unaltered.) I know this means that a few of the old 3.02 11b stages wont make it back in, but...

Allow me to explain my reasoning for this: 1. PMDT put much effort into 3.5's rebuilt/remade stages while making sure not to include any truly "bad/crap" stages, 2. It will help with tournament viability (especially on page2) 3. Most of the new additions in 3.02 11b went completely unused by my tournament entrants over the last months. (they especially didnt use any on page 2) Of course, I'm referring to the reorganized SSS I used in my modified 11-b which I've been sharing with my local players and gathering feedback for weeks now. i made a short video of it in case you'd like to see how I organized all the stages on page 1 (i just dropped the stages randomly on page2 to make page1 look organized) : see my video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7lYXpYrsOw&t=1m20s

TL;DR: Once stage exp. code works, (if random stage select works) I would use it without removing any original 3.5 stages.
For Page 1: I suggest adding the classic N64 remakes in row 4/5, Melee stages in rows 5/6.
For Page 2: I'd suggest putting the rest Creative/Fun/New stages in rows 4/5/6 above the original set.

Last edited:

dododo_1

Smash Rookie
Ok, I am so sorry to be so ignorant, and I have read everything and tried to figure it out, but I know you can help me. I have a hacked wii with homebrew channel, gecko, and riivolution. I really want this pack and I have never hacked brawl before. I have a few questions.
- I have an 8gb sdhc card with all my hacked stuff on it. Can I put this pack on this card or do I need to get a new 2gb card?
- If I get a new card, do I need to put like gecko on the new card?
- Where is the link to the thing I need to download?
- Do I need to do anything else to get this to work?
- Does my wii count as a hackless wii or something else?
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

hdubard14

Smash Rookie
NNID
hdubard
Hey Matt, I'm pretty upset right now. I digged all over my darn house looking for a stupid 2GB SD Card, but to no avail. Idk if they sell them at Walmart either. Do you think they'll have them at RadioShack? If so, how much would it cost?
Dude... EXACT SAME SITUATION. :( There about $4.50 or so on Walmart's website though.

Top Bottom