• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Since we've gotten plenty of character updates any chance we could get some stage updates? Maybe what stages are changed or added with the stage expansion mod? If you're taking requests might I suggest readding the Brawl stages that were removed and adding the retro stages with the expansion mod? I terribly miss playing on Eldin Bridge.

Darkevilprice995

Smash Cadet
I was just gonna mention stages!

Personally I think that Venus Lighthouse is a really cool stage, but other than that and the OOT/MM stage in the OP I was curious what you were considering adding so that I can find some music!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
QUICK UPDATE:

Sorry everyone! I was away for the weekend! Just wanted everyone to know this first when they see this message!

I might re-do the Beast Ganon pose, doesn't come off as badass enough, so I'll need to do something about that!

(Also iirc, someone is actually working on a HW Ganon so I'm holding in for that one! Played Hyrule Warriors and Ganon is awesome in it!)

So glad to hear the renders/CSP is up to that standard! Makes me even more motivated to hear!

Also I know it's a couple of days late since I was dragged out but I still want to say Happy late Birthday from me and here you go~

I plan to do so soon! Will work on it at a later date when plans are freed up!

SOOOOON Doing my best to get the best of it and through all of this!

I certainly hope you do! Thanks!

UPDATE:

First update at the top was just to say where I've been over the weekend, it was sudden so I didn't get any time to leave a message or so, I shall continue in any case and sorry all that were waiting in for a daily update!

^ Just a side note, Theophany makes fantastic music~

Toon Link:
Render:

As you can guess, it's a Toon Link update, also thanks to @Taiko for helping me fix a problem I was stumped at with Outset Toon Link's render!

Just a HD/HQ CSP update this time around with Toon Link, minor fixes here and there which are more or less texture things no one would probably notice but as I said before, every detail counts!

But since this was a late update I actually spent time working on Kirby, so with that said and done, let's go to the next update!

Before anyone points out, yes, the WW music did get me wanting to play serious 10/10 Kirby Music for pump up reasons~

Kirby:
Render:

Kirby's render wasn't difficult, however sitting down staring at all the costumes, looking at them side by side and thinking if something is out place, that there took a very long time, I was never happy with the original Kirby update I did back then, this time however I felt pretty good about it.

But it all depends on what you all think, so I hope you all like what I picked out!

I'm using a placeholder Purple and GB one for when 3.5's versions come out, Meta Kirby because that costume is so good and since Pac Man isn't in this game I decided to use a Pacman theme'd Kirby which I hope people like! Also to add, the Kirby's are updated with more vibrancy to make them more colorful!

I've sorta updated the front page with the right CSP's/Costumes, still cleaning up and working on it but again apologies for being away and as always, I hope everyone likes!
ohy ymgy GOSD

ITS EBEAUTIFUL

CODEX WAHT ARE YOU DOGIN TO ME

-ad-aspdfxfa

---

Okay, real critique time - I'll be all-out honest with this one.

Toon Link:

Toon Link's render is BEAUTIFUL, except for one thing that really bugs me - his hat looks really odd, similar to Link's flying hat thing you had earlier. I think this may be because in Smash 4 it's shorter, but I don't know. It may also be because of super polygon hat... Outset Island and Conductor really show how amazing the render is, mainly because it doesn't have the odd hat thing...

For comparison:

VS

---

Kirby:

Okay, let's start with Kirby's render. You did a fantastic job, except it looks a bit odd, and sorta inconsistent. First of all, Kirby's hand is incredibly small, especially compared to his Smash 4 render. Also, he's more-so facing the screen instead of the side, which, IMO, shows too much of him (that may sound odd, lol). Also, the lighting is a bit odd on him, or that may just be the textures. He's a bit too much of a light pink, when he should be a hotter pink. Okay, one last thing about his render - his textures are INSANELY low quality. His little cheek textures are visibly popping off, his eyes are pretty low-quality, and he looks a bit cel-shaded on his feet... that may just be his odd foot texture in Brawl. Oh, and he's really polygonal, instead of round... I mean, this is his Brawl model, but it's just odd that he's not super Kirby round.

Comparison:

VS

Onto his actual color choices. They're really great, except for two of them. First is his Orange costume - I really like it, but you should get rid of the black feet for dark-ish orange feet like from his Spray Paint in Amazing Mirror and his Smash 4 palette. Also, the Pac-Man costume isn't actually Kirby-related... I know people don't care about this, but it looks really odd to have Kirby just magically look like Pac-Man. I personally think that the Pac-Man costume should be switched out with a King DeDeDe Palette Swap, by making his body color and feet color the same as King DeDeDe (blue and orange, respectively). I'm not sure if you'd want to do this since it was changed by Project M Dev Team, but I think you should replace Grape Kirby with Air-Ride Purple Kirby, and Orange or Carbon (Orange is Smash 4 color, while Carbon is really liked) for Brown Kirby from Air-Ride. Also, Dream Land Kirby should be made a bit more grey-ish (not much, but a bit) instead of plain white. Also, the colors should be ordered as so (IMO):

Pink, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Grape Kirby, Orange Kirby, Carbon Kirby, GB Kirby, King DeDeDe Kirby/Pac-Man Kirby, Meta Knight Kirby

This is because...

Pink is default Kirby
Yellow is Player 2 in games
Red is Player 3 in the older games
Blue is Player 3 in the newer games
Green is Player 4 in the games
Grape Kirby appeared in Amazing Mirror, was pretty easy to find.
Orange Kirby appeared in Amazing Mirror, was pretty easy to find, although harder than Grape.
Carbon Kirby appeared in Amazing Mirror, was a bit harder than the other colors.
Game Boy Kirby has always been the last color in Smash Bros. (excluding Smash 4), and just fits since it's color-less
King DeDeDe Kirby or Pac-Man Kirby are themed Kirbies, and should be placed near the end.
Meta Knight Kirby should be last because he's themed, but appeared after King DeDeDe in the games.

If you decide to use Purple Kirby, switch that with Grape Kirby (keep in same order, but if you decide to use both Brown and Purple, switch Purple's position with Brown's (right after "Player" Kirbies) then put Purple Kirby right after Brown.

ok

also can I suggest Kirby songs

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Have you considered incorporating BrawlEx and possibly adding characters if the PSA is good enough? There's a Ridley PSA being made that looks pretty promising.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Have you considered incorporating BrawlEx and possibly adding characters if the PSA is good enough? There's a Ridley PSA being made that looks pretty promising.
I dunno. Codex is the only one working on this, and I dont think hes finished character renders/costumes, much less on stages. Adding BrawlEx would only make his job much more difficult and it would take longer for the pack to come out. Just my 2 cents though.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
You should really use this song on your build for one of the DK maps.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/46499
Probably my favorite remix of DK Jungle theme and I think you might like it as well.

After seeing the comparison of your Toon Link render and the Smash 4 render, I noticed that your render isn't tilted in the same direction as the Smash4 render.

0/10
ruined forever
it's okay
like Skyrim but with guns

If I recall correctly, I believe Codex has shown interest in trying to get BrawlEx to work once he's done with the final build but that was a long time ago. I think he said he wanted to give Doc a separate slot to give normal Mario 10 costumes and to have Lucina as a separate slot on the roster.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
I dunno. Codex is the only one working on this, and I dont think hes finished character renders/costumes, much less on stages. Adding BrawlEx would only make his job much more difficult and it would take longer for the pack to come out. Just my 2 cents though.
Naturally adding more characters should come after everything else, I just thought once he'd done revamping and improving everything already in game adding more content might be a great direction to go in. Like I said there's a promising Ridley PSA being made and Waluigi one that is pretty much finished.

If I recall correctly, I believe Codex has shown interest in trying to get BrawlEx to work once he's done with the final build but that was a long time ago. I think he said he wanted to give Doc a separate slot to give normal Mario 10 costumes and to have Lucina as a separate slot on the roster.

That'd be super awesome if he did end up doing that. I'm already excited for this to be completed, and if he did decide to add more characters this would be the most hype build ever.

Though if he did end up separating Mario and Dr. Mario I wonder if he'd change regular Mario's Down+B to be a buffed FLUDD (maybe do some damage and have a higher pushback). I also wonder if he'd do anything to Lucina, maybe maker he like she is in Smash 4?

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I dont know if this has been brought up yet, but maybe there should be 2 separate builds for this pack? I for one love new characters and would love to play Lucina, Doc or Masked Man (hint hint character that should be added) , but I wouldnt want to use new characters or stages in a tournament setting. A version that keeps pnly the alt costumes and renders and aesthetic changes would be greatly appreciated for tournaments and what not.

Btw found the "Young Toon Link" model for when Codex returns http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206068

Last edited:

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
I dont know if this has been brought up yet, but maybe there should be 2 separate builds for this pack? I for one love new characters and would love to play Lucina, Doc or Masked Man (hint hint character that should be added) , but I wouldnt want to use new characters or stages in a tournament setting. A version that keeps pnly the alt costumes and renders and aesthetic changes would be greatly appreciated for tournaments and what not.

Btw found the "Young Toon Link" model for when Codex returns http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206068
He's already said there will be multiple versions of this build. If he does decide to add characters I'm sure he'll include a version that doesn't.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice

That huge head though.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
UPDATE:

Thanks to all the support everyone! Interview went pretty well is all I'll say so I'll leave it to you guys to imagine how it'll go!

I won't say anymore than that since I don't like to talk much about my personal life in general, well, with family only haha. Right now I'm really liking how things have settled, working on various projects and dedicating my time to all of this~ With all this leeway it's been top notch and really great support from everyone so I wanted to say thanks to all that have wished me luck to the job is all I can really say!

ANYWAY! Personal life stuff aside! In any case expect the usual updates from most probably tomorrow onwards as before! Now let's get to replying!

There's no need to apologize to us because of real life. Best of luck on your interview too.

Also, you don't need to get to this right away but,
I'm trying to do a Smash4 Doc pose, could you "review" it? I'm aware that the pill & left hand look kinda weird and that the eyes are in the wrong position though.
but you don't need to check on it right away.
Sorry! Just got back so let's see, I'd say you get Doc's face looking directing forward, as if looking right at you, what I do is have brawlbox open and the Smash4 render right next to it and work from there, of course some models are very off to their Smash4 counterpart, even if it's a tiny thing, I just move it over and over, look at it and think "Is that right?" Then work my way from there!

ohy ymgy GOSD

ITS EBEAUTIFUL

CODEX WAHT ARE YOU DOGIN TO ME

-ad-aspdfxfa

---

Okay, real critique time - I'll be all-out honest with this one.

Toon Link:

Toon Link's render is BEAUTIFUL, except for one thing that really bugs me - his hat looks really odd, similar to Link's flying hat thing you had earlier. I think this may be because in Smash 4 it's shorter, but I don't know. It may also be because of super polygon hat... Outset Island and Conductor really show how amazing the render is, mainly because it doesn't have the odd hat thing...

For comparison:

VS

---

Kirby:

Okay, let's start with Kirby's render. You did a fantastic job, except it looks a bit odd, and sorta inconsistent. First of all, Kirby's hand is incredibly small, especially compared to his Smash 4 render. Also, he's more-so facing the screen instead of the side, which, IMO, shows too much of him (that may sound odd, lol). Also, the lighting is a bit odd on him, or that may just be the textures. He's a bit too much of a light pink, when he should be a hotter pink. Okay, one last thing about his render - his textures are INSANELY low quality. His little cheek textures are visibly popping off, his eyes are pretty low-quality, and he looks a bit cel-shaded on his feet... that may just be his odd foot texture in Brawl. Oh, and he's really polygonal, instead of round... I mean, this is his Brawl model, but it's just odd that he's not super Kirby round.

Comparison:

VS

Onto his actual color choices. They're really great, except for two of them. First is his Orange costume - I really like it, but you should get rid of the black feet for dark-ish orange feet like from his Spray Paint in Amazing Mirror and his Smash 4 palette. Also, the Pac-Man costume isn't actually Kirby-related... I know people don't care about this, but it looks really odd to have Kirby just magically look like Pac-Man. I personally think that the Pac-Man costume should be switched out with a King DeDeDe Palette Swap, by making his body color and feet color the same as King DeDeDe (blue and orange, respectively). I'm not sure if you'd want to do this since it was changed by Project M Dev Team, but I think you should replace Grape Kirby with Air-Ride Purple Kirby, and Orange or Carbon (Orange is Smash 4 color, while Carbon is really liked) for Brown Kirby from Air-Ride. Also, Dream Land Kirby should be made a bit more grey-ish (not much, but a bit) instead of plain white. Also, the colors should be ordered as so (IMO):

Pink, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Grape Kirby, Orange Kirby, Carbon Kirby, GB Kirby, King DeDeDe Kirby/Pac-Man Kirby, Meta Knight Kirby

This is because...

Pink is default Kirby
Yellow is Player 2 in games
Red is Player 3 in the older games
Blue is Player 3 in the newer games
Green is Player 4 in the games
Grape Kirby appeared in Amazing Mirror, was pretty easy to find.
Orange Kirby appeared in Amazing Mirror, was pretty easy to find, although harder than Grape.
Carbon Kirby appeared in Amazing Mirror, was a bit harder than the other colors.
Game Boy Kirby has always been the last color in Smash Bros. (excluding Smash 4), and just fits since it's color-less
King DeDeDe Kirby or Pac-Man Kirby are themed Kirbies, and should be placed near the end.
Meta Knight Kirby should be last because he's themed, but appeared after King DeDeDe in the games.

If you decide to use Purple Kirby, switch that with Grape Kirby (keep in same order, but if you decide to use both Brown and Purple, switch Purple's position with Brown's (right after "Player" Kirbies) then put Purple Kirby right after Brown.

ok

also can I suggest Kirby songs
Sorry haha, this is way too much information to take in to re-work given my time frame (That and it's Toon Link's third attempt at fixing and Kirby's Second time I sat ages thinking about) by all means I'm not implying that I'm angry of the sort! In fact I take all forms of criticism seriously (Specially from a Kirby fan such as yourself) because that's how we get better in general.

I will answer a couple of things, reason for using Pac-Kirby is because I know I can't add Pac-Man into the game, but I wanted to give little nods to Smash4, Pac is one, and like Marth's Awakening costume to Lucina, and I'm planning to use the Robin skin for Ike because it looks awsome, I know what you mean when you say it's not Kirby theme'd but I'm not replacing the whole model, just a simple look, that and a lot of people including myself really like that Kirby.

In regards to Toon Link's hat, that's because of the wind effect, it looks much better when you see it in the battle portrait, I also did the same with Link's render recently so I don't think I'm going to change that, same thing I'll say for Kirby, the render isn't trying to be exactly 1:1 Smash4 Kirby, I'm aware Kirby in Smash4 is a much different model surprisingly enough, so posing the right angle in itself isn't possible to match up. (Overall creating renders is a time consuming task when you take into account posing and preparing the right skins and such, specially with this new form of rendering)

I mainly just went with the costumes that looked nice, not trying to A. recreate Smash4 as stated before and I'm not aiming to make 100% references to the game series or well, I'm simply picking costumes that look really nice basically haha, I just can't spend this much time on one character.

Also you can suggest Kirby songs if you want haha.

Since we've gotten plenty of character updates any chance we could get some stage updates? Maybe what stages are changed or added with the stage expansion mod? If you're taking requests might I suggest readding the Brawl stages that were removed and adding the retro stages with the expansion mod? I terribly miss playing on Eldin Bridge.
You know, I get asked this a lot and it's about time I started listing all of the stages! So I will compose the simple list and the order you'll see on screen so expect that to updated tomorrow when I get back in gear! I know that in the stage expansion mod I plan to re-organize all the stages! I'll explain this in more detail when I get to it tomorrow! I plan to bring back Eldin Bridge btw if that helps!

I was just gonna mention stages!

Personally I think that Venus Lighthouse is a really cool stage, but other than that and the OOT/MM stage in the OP I was curious what you were considering adding so that I can find some music!
I love that Venus Lighthouse stage! It's one of my personal favs (Oh and if anyone asks, my fav of all custom stages is the Bowers Castle one, the detail on that is just so professional!) And like previous reply I plan to upload a list tomorrow! So look forward to that! I know a lot of people have been waiting in on that so I'll do my best!

BrawlEx is something I plan to do much later after the project is done, mainly because it's uses a different method to the default PM and I'm worried because I've heard it's pretty buggy and not only that with 3.5 coming over the horizon some time soon it's going to be very difficult to work with until a full solid method to come out, that and I've look at that Ridley PSA and it seems pretty promising but I belive I may have said this before but I feel it would be an entire project in itself to work with.

^ This is actually the main reason, I prefer working as a one man job on this build because I've created a structure of doing everything it's been going very smoothly, BrawlEX isn't on the cards anytime soon, might wait for something to happen with 3.5, you never know!

You should really use this song on your build for one of the DK maps.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/46499
Probably my favorite remix of DK Jungle theme and I think you might like it as well.

After seeing the comparison of your Toon Link render and the Smash 4 render, I noticed that your render isn't tilted in the same direction as the Smash4 render.

0/10
ruined forever
it's okay
like Skyrim but with guns

10/10 at the Toon Link, just made my night with that comment! Also love that REMIX, it's so good~

Yeah, I basically had two things on mind, firstly I'll say at first when I thought about using it I was still new to doing all of this, though I did say hypothetically if I did use BrawlEx, I would mainly use it for clones specifically, just to make the game safe, smooth and I'm not saying that custom PSA's are bad, but rather not PM friendly to a degree that matches up with everyone else, iirc the plans were like:

- Dr Mario gets a slot, uses Mario move set etc.
- Lucina (assuming a model is finished) gets a slot, uses Marth move set etc.
- Even Dark Pit would work really well now I think about it.
- Dixie Kong with Diddy move set and so forth.

I mean, there's lots of possibilities you can do with an expanded character set, iirc though there were a few problems that needed to be addressed, such as sound for characters, making sure the game doesn't glitch up and such, BrawlEX is mainly made for Brawl and the PM version works in a way that causes a few bugs.

Naturally adding more characters should come after everything else, I just thought once he'd done revamping and improving everything already in game adding more content might be a great direction to go in. Like I said there's a promising Ridley PSA being made and Waluigi one that is pretty much finished.

That'd be super awesome if he did end up doing that. I'm already excited for this to be completed, and if he did decide to add more characters this would be the most hype build ever.

Though if he did end up separating Mario and Dr. Mario I wonder if he'd change regular Mario's Down+B to be a buffed FLUDD (maybe do some damage and have a higher pushback). I also wonder if he'd do anything to Lucina, maybe maker he like she is in Smash 4?
Well that's also another point, working on character moves and such with PSA's, I will say it's more on a "I'm going to wait for a newer version that's compatible with 3.5" kind of thing, specially if 3.5 has a new character, and just to be safe and possibly have more control on doing that kind of stuff, I don't want to get that all mixed up and such, I do think on this quite a bit some times so it's nice to see it brought up now and again!

I have considered packs for this (That if hypothetically I did do it, Masked Man would be cool) and that point you just brought up in regards to the characters being tourney friendly, is actually one of the reasons I said before I would use it for clones, because in a sense they're just alt costumes in a sense.

Also yeah, I saw that Toon Link costume, something feels a bit off about it but I can't put my finger on it, I have a full filled Toon Link already done though regardless so that's good, I'll consider making his render for the DLC section/pack!

He's already said there will be multiple versions of this build. If he does decide to add characters I'm sure he'll include a version that doesn't.
Yup, I would probably make another pack, I already plan three first packs so far so it's a possibility!

That huge head though.
Pffffffffffffff, well it does look bigger so I'm not the only one thought that.

The head actually isn't bigger. The hair is actually smaller, revealing more of Toon Link's head.

Also, a link to the brawl styled Toon "Young" Link since I believe Codex would rather have everything in a more consistent style.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205815
Ohhhh, so that explains it, well I'll be sure to add it into the DLC section when I work on that, it's my second plan to once I make the first release!

Last edited:

BlueHg

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just want to check in and tell you how much I'm enjoying this project so far! Definitely the most polished pack that's being worked on. TL is downright amazing!

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
Hi codex, I wanted to ask you about your plans on Snake? Have you considered having different Alts for him? like having his Twin Snake outfit( Technically MGS1 snake) or having any other members of the Snake clan? I really haven't seen anything done on him on different builds from various people. I do hope that you can give as much attention to detail to him and thought for your build! Your build is looking better and better each announcement and I will look forward to playing your build!

MagicManNo9

Hey, I just want to check in and tell you how much I'm enjoying this project so far! Definitely the most polished pack that's being worked on. TL is downright amazing!
Thanks! As always hearing these comments make my day! And even more so motivated!

Hi codex, I wanted to ask you about your plans on Snake? Have you considered having different Alts for him? like having his Twin Snake outfit( Technically MGS1 snake) or having any other members of the Snake clan? I really haven't seen anything done on him on different builds from various people. I do hope that you can give as much attention to detail to him and thought for your build! Your build is looking better and better each announcement and I will look forward to playing your build!
Ohhh yes, with Snake I plan do exactly as you said, I rather pick out the best costumes for snake then use simple recolour alts with him so Snake going to be quite fun to work on! (Will be working on him in the two days I belive~) So look forward to that! I always give my all when picking out alts and give him the best treatment I can give for you guys!

UPDATE:

Right, back to the usual updates, I'm going to be working as before, just to clarify to anyone who wonders I update anything new that comes out, like the Smash3 HUD will be in this build simply because it's 10/10 work by the team and it's sooo good~

Right time for Ike!

No real reason for picking that song, I just really like the Black Knight as a character~

I re-did the pose again, back then I did it like 3 or so times so this is the forth attempt to get it just the way I wanted, hope you all like! There will be an updated Render of this on a later date as I noticed a couple of issues with it (render wise, issues I'll work on later) in any case I simply wanted to show the pose hence why I use the renders in most cases!

Right, time for costumes:

In this update I have the Robin costume added in, I feel a bit more complete with Ike now that is added, I plan to add him Hector Ike when 3.5 comes out but I'll do something about that when I cross that bridge, for the record I'll add a list of them all here in case anyone wonders what costumes are what:

- Default Ike
- Black and Gold Ike
- Mars Ike
- Maritime Ike
- Nebula Ike
- Black Knight themed Ike
- Chrom Themed Ike
- Robin Themed Ike
- Lord Ike
- Vanguard Ike

Also as suggested I made two CSP's for Vanguard and Lord Ike based on the games they came from:

I believe that's it for this update, I plan to clean up the stage list and put them up here later tonight, I will say the list isn't 100% accurate and is just for the expansion stage build specifically.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
If you are going to work on Snake, would you consider making a version of him wearing the tuxedo from MGS1 and MGS3, or like said before a MGS1/Twin Snakes costume? Also I really like how this build is looking, I will definitively use some of this for my own personal build (after I can actually make CSPs, so it can be consistent with my other stuff). Have you thought about a version of this that contains Smash 3 costumes? I am looking forward to release and your CSPs are top notch, I especially like the Doctor's (Works as he is my main costume set for Mario). I do think you should have a central place for your song list, though. Can't wait for release.

MagicManNo9

What version of Lord is that? Where'd you get that?
It's "Lord Ike v3" by Yorsh, H☆x!, Vert092, for some reason the link is down so if you want I can PM you a copy of the costume?

If you are going to work on Snake, would you consider making a version of him wearing the tuxedo from MGS1 and MGS3, or like said before a MGS1/Twin Snakes costume? Also I really like how this build is looking, I will definitively use some of this for my own personal build (after I can actually make CSPs, so it can be consistent with my other stuff). Have you thought about a version of this that contains Smash 3 costumes? I am looking forward to release and your CSPs are top notch, I especially like the Doctor's (Works as he is my main costume set for Mario). I do think you should have a central place for your song list, though. Can't wait for release.
Yo, with regards to Snake, I'll look into the costumes he has on the vault, I know PM 3.5 has got one so I'll be defiantly using that one! Will update tommorow in regards to Snake me thinks! And by all means use the CSPs as you want!

I'm currently helping out the Smash 3 project with a couple of things and since they'll be releasing/already have a pack (which I'm looking forward to so much right now!) I'm probably not going to do a version for that since they're going to be releasing a full pack when the time comes!

And thanks for the support and glad you're looking forward to it! I'll keep working hard and do my best with this build!

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
It's "Lord Ike v3" by Yorsh, H☆x!, Vert092, for some reason the link is down so if you want I can PM you a copy of the costume?
YESYESYESYESYES. You cannot fathom how fustrating it was for me to not download such an awesome costume! Please, Base Codex!

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Thanks! As always hearing these comments make my day! And even more so motivated!

Ohhh yes, with Snake I plan do exactly as you said, I rather pick out the best costumes for snake then use simple recolour alts with him so Snake going to be quite fun to work on! (Will be working on him in the two days I belive~) So look forward to that! I always give my all when picking out alts and give him the best treatment I can give for you guys!

UPDATE:

Right, back to the usual updates, I'm going to be working as before, just to clarify to anyone who wonders I update anything new that comes out, like the Smash3 HUD will be in this build simply because it's 10/10 work by the team and it's sooo good~

Right time for Ike!

No real reason for picking that song, I just really like the Black Knight as a character~

I re-did the pose again, back then I did it like 3 or so times so this is the forth attempt to get it just the way I wanted, hope you all like! There will be an updated Render of this on a later date as I noticed a couple of issues with it (render wise, issues I'll work on later) in any case I simply wanted to show the pose hence why I use the renders in most cases!

Right, time for costumes:

In this update I have the Robin costume added in, I feel a bit more complete with Ike now that is added, I plan to add him Hector Ike when 3.5 comes out but I'll do something about that when I cross that bridge, for the record I'll add a list of them all here in case anyone wonders what costumes are what:

- Default Ike
- Black and Gold Ike
- Mars Ike
- Maritime Ike
- Nebula Ike
- Black Knight themed Ike
- Chrom Themed Ike
- Robin Themed Ike
- Lord Ike
- Vanguard Ike

Also as suggested I made two CSP's for Vanguard and Lord Ike based on the games they came from:

I believe that's it for this update, I plan to clean up the stage list and put them up here later tonight, I will say the list isn't 100% accurate and is just for the expansion stage build specifically.
The Smash 4 pose looks so much better now! It's not perfect but I think dat "polygonated" clothes are kind of cool in a way. Lord and Vanguard looks great too. Specially dat Vanguard and his eyes :love:

MagicManNo9

EDIT: Wait, actually this is Lord Ike V2. It's fine though.
Ohhh right, I'll probably need to look into a V3 at some point, thanks for pointing that out!

The Smash 4 pose looks so much better now! It's not perfect but I think dat "polygonated" clothes are kind of cool in a way. Lord and Vanguard looks great too. Specially dat Vanguard and his eyes :love:
I'm glad you like~ It's hard to get Ike to be exactly like his Smash4 version mainly due to how ripped he is in that one so it's all good~

UPDATE:

Smashboards was down for maintenance so ended up going to sleep due to it being late but here's the list of stages!

I'd like to clarify two things in case anyone asks, firstly, this was a list made weeks ago, I know there are some amazing new stages out there and I'll have to think on that, the second point I want to make is that I mentioned before that ASL is something I plan to implement after, for now the plans are:

- Get first build out, which will contain all characters/costumes set and default PM stages (Mainly to make sure all costumes and characters are working and whatnot and if I need to make changes etc.
- Second will be this stage expansion, then ASL so far for plans!

PAGE 01:

Row 1-5:
1. Mario Bros.

2. Mario Sunshine

3. Metal Cavern 64

4. Princess Peaches Castle

5. Rainbow Cruise
Row 6-10:
6. Mario Bros II

7. Mushroom Kingdom II

8. Luigi’s Mansion

9. Mushroomy Kingdom

10. Vs. Bowser
Row 11-15:
11. Bowsers Castle

12. Rumble Falls

13. Kongo 64

14. Jungle Japes

15. Melee Kongo Jungle
Row 16-23:
16. Corneria

17. Venom

18. Lylat Cruise

19. Brinstar Depths

20. Brinstar

21. Norfair

22. Frigate Orpheon

23. Bridge of Eldin
Row 24-31:
24. Temple of Time

25. Hyrule Castle N64 HD

26. Skyloft

27. Gannon’s Tower

28. Pirate Ship

29. Hyrule Castle

30. Molgera’s Room

31. Great Bay
Row 32-39:
32. Battlefield Melee

33. Battlefield Brawl

34. Final Destination

35. Training Room PM

36. Dreamland 64

37. Fountain of Dreams

38. Battleship Halberd

39. Green Greens

PAGE 02:

Row 40-44:
40. Fourside

41. Onett

42. New Pork City

43. Summit

44. Skyworld
45-49:
45. Yoshi’s Story

46. Yoshi’s Island 64 HD

47. Yoshi’s Island

48. Green Hill

49. Emerald Cavern
50-54:
50. Picto Chat

51. Animal Crossing

52. Castlevainia

53. Venus Lighthouse

54. Wario Ware
55-62:
55. Spear Pillar

56. Embedded Tower

57. Pokémon Stadium 1

58. Pokémon Stadium 2

59. Mewtwo’s Stadium

60. Saffron City

61. Poké Floats

62. Game and Watch
63-70:
63. Castle Siege

64. Tower of Guidance

65. Castle Courtyard

66. Arena Ferox

67. Grunty’s Tower

68. Grunty’s Lair

69. Big Blue (Modern)

70. Port Town Aero Dive
71-77:
71. Clocktower-Ville

72. Distant Planet

73. Forest Maze

74. Castle Arena

75. Abandoned Factory

76. Shadow Moses Island

77. Project M Boxing Ring

Well in any case I'll leave it to you all to let me know what you think! I plan to re-do a few things here and there but that's the Beta list!

Thunderx097

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4484-9058-1936
I'm really feeling this built and the work you done in it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Do you have a date for the beta? If not I completely understand since alot of hard work is going in this project.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Ohhh right, I'll probably need to look into a V3 at some point, thanks for pointing that out!

I'm glad you like~ It's hard to get Ike to be exactly like his Smash4 version mainly due to how ripped he is in that one so it's all good~
WE LIKE IKE!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 , here's some ideas thought you might have thought of some already:
1. Replace the current PM Skyloft with one of the reskins of it and then use the Smash 4 one.

2.Use the original or a competitive version of the vbrawl distant planet and replace the PM Distant Planet with a reskin of it.

3.Try getting Mario Circuit over a custom stage using a FD based .rel. I managed to do that and I got Mario Circuit without the shyguys.
3b. If you do consider getting Mario Circuit in your build, try looking at this version. It looks gorgeous.

4. Maybe replace one of the Mario stages with this stage. I think that's better than another Mario Bros or Mushroom Kingdom.

5. Use some competitive versions of stages that are annoying.
5b. In my opinion, I'd use the comp versions of Green Greens & New Pork City.

6. Since you 75m isn't there, use 1337m as a competitive replacement for that.

7. Balloon Fight is actually pretty good map.

Also, by Poke Floats, do you mean similarly named Poke Floats 2 or did someone actually make Pokefloats from melee in brawl?

MagicManNo9

I'm really feeling this built and the work you done in it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Do you have a date for the beta? If not I completely understand since alot of hard work is going in this project.
Thanks! Once I get closer to an area I can see I'll be sure to let everyone know a proper date!

WE LIKE IKE!
IKE IKE IKE! AWWW YEAH!

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 , here's some ideas thought you might have thought of some already:
1. Replace the current PM Skyloft with one of the reskins of it and then use the Smash 4 one.

2.Use the original or a competitive version of the vbrawl distant planet and replace the PM Distant Planet with a reskin of it.

3.Try getting Mario Circuit over a custom stage using a FD based .rel. I managed to do that and I got Mario Circuit without the shyguys.
3b. If you do consider getting Mario Circuit in your build, try looking at this version. It looks gorgeous.

4. Maybe replace one of the Mario stages with this stage. I think that's better than another Mario Bros or Mushroom Kingdom.

5. Use some competitive versions of stages that are annoying.
5b. In my opinion, I'd use the comp versions of Green Greens & New Pork City.

6. Since you 75m isn't there, use 1337m as a competitive replacement for that.

7. Balloon Fight is actually pretty good map.

Also, by Poke Floats, do you mean similarly named Poke Floats 2 or did someone actually make Pokefloats from melee in brawl?

Ohhh, these are really good suggestions! I'll quickly make note of them and reply to each of them:

1 - Plan to do so, specially love that Smash4 one~ Even more perfect if I get ASL running
2 - Hmmmm, still need to think on that, I actually really like the PM version so we'll see.
3 - I'll try and get Mario Circuit in the build! I really like the one you linked me as well!
4 - Well that does certainly add more originality to it so I'll be sure to use it!
5 - I'll give these ones a shot and see how they go first before making a decision with them!
6 - I could if I get more space, I need to carefully pick out which stages will stay and which won't.
7 - Agreed, that stage is really good!

UPDATE:

A little late update before I go sleep (Been a busy day of goodness and hard work, that's all I can say) I want to keep up with the whole one character a day at least thing I had going for a while now so let's jump into it:

I'm using a more vibrant falco in this version, same with Fox now I think about it (I don't think I pointed this out but some characters will be using vibrant costumes to lighten up the place while giving that same feeling) in any case you all know by now that this Render is based on the Smash4 pose so let's jump into costumes!

Decided to go with the Assault themed Falco and Black Falco simply becaused they're just plain awsome and I had to have them in there, I didn't stop there of course, since I have Melee Fox it's natural I would have a:

And with that I must sleep, until then all!

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
Thanks! Once I get closer to an area I can see I'll be sure to let everyone know a proper date!

IKE IKE IKE! AWWW YEAH!

Ohhh, these are really good suggestions! I'll quickly make note of them and reply to each of them:

1 - Plan to do so, specially love that Smash4 one~ Even more perfect if I get ASL running
2 - Hmmmm, still need to think on that, I actually really like the PM version so we'll see.
3 - I'll try and get Mario Circuit in the build! I really like the one you linked me as well!
4 - Well that does certainly add more originality to it so I'll be sure to use it!
5 - I'll give these ones a shot and see how they go first before making a decision with them!
6 - I could if I get more space, I need to carefully pick out which stages will stay and which won't.
7 - Agreed, that stage is really good!

UPDATE:

A little late update before I go sleep (Been a busy day of goodness and hard work, that's all I can say) I want to keep up with the whole one character a day at least thing I had going for a while now so let's jump into it:

I'm using a more vibrant falco in this version, same with Fox now I think about it (I don't think I pointed this out but some characters will be using vibrant costumes to lighten up the place while giving that same feeling) in any case you all know by now that this Render is based on the Smash4 pose so let's jump into costumes!

Decided to go with the Assault themed Falco and Black Falco simply becaused they're just plain awsome and I had to have them in there, I didn't stop there of course, since I have Melee Fox it's natural I would have a:

And with that I must sleep, until then all!
Will you consider using the Skyward sword them used in Hyrule Warriors? or any track from that game into your build?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
You Codex are a rendering GOD!! XD lol but seriouly great job on the smash poses man. It'd be really cool if u could join the PMDT and apply ur rendering technique to the brawl renders they have.[ obviously they cant use smash 4 poses cause they wanna stay on nintendo's good side ;) ]

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

You Codex are a rendering GOD!! XD lol but seriouly great job on the smash poses man. It'd be really cool if u could join the PMDT and apply ur rendering technique to the brawl renders they have.[ obviously they cant use smash 4 poses cause they wanna stay on nintendo's good side ;) ]
Oh why thank you! That means a lot to me to hear that! I would apply but I don't consider myself good enough in some areas to do so anytime soon (I'm still learning, got lots I want to learn beforehand!) but I'll keep doing my best!

This build looks really tasty. Can't wait to try it out!
Hope you'll get it fresh when it comes out! I'll do my best!

Blatant Advertising If you want to make a Smash 3 Version of the pack, I made a Smash 3 Mario Luigi here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206430
It'll be a long way away before I do (That and Smash3 is most likely going to release a pack) but if I were I'll be sure to look into it thanks!

UPDATE:

Firstly I'm going to update you all on a couple of changes with Zelda and a small one with Peach, firstly I replaced Sunshine Peach with Rosalina theme'd Peach, reason being that Sunshine version had arms way too thin, I might work on a version after release but for now I'm going use a Rosalina themed one (That or maybe the Smash4 Black Gold peach anyone?):

Right! Second update is Zelda, I decided to do an update on Zelda's textures all around, before I did some mixing and was never satisfied, this is attempt 3 so lemme know what you think of these!

NEW:

Changes with new version:
- Fixed Skin color
- Fixed brown hair and made it consistent with all other brown haired models
- I had a go at making a Hilda Dress over the current one, lemme know what you all think before I consider using it!
- CSP and render has been readjusted in size

I'm probably just nitpicking on Zelda but I wanted to make the best of every character! No exceptions!

Anyway before I clock off for tonight I'll leave some JUSTICE behind:

Render:

Now onto the costumes!

I think this came out much better than I expected, took some time thinking about the best way to approach this, I decided to make Blood Falcon it's own costume and use the Mars costume to give them a different feeling, with that in mind it gave me the idea of using Maritime blue plus the original Blue costume for Helmet-less Falcon, mainly because I was thinking of a good way to implement it, I hope I did a good job on these choices, lemme know what you think and if you like!

kenny77

Smash Rookie
I am SO HAPPY with the rosalina color theme for peach!!!! its outstanding!!!! so if this is gonna replace the sunshine peach, wouldnt it also replace one of the two costumes, the minty one (green)or that sky blue one, because its basically the same color. if thats the case, maybe u can replace another costume like u said the black one from smash 4. And one little note for falco, have u seen a costume for him where his skin/feathers are red? i cant remember where i saw it but it looked cool! and i know its kind of bothersome to request on a stage when ur in the process still but on patts edition, there was one stage where it was a bridge and it collapse and started floating on the river. it was really stunning background. sorry this was alot but please Keep up the good work codex and I hope ur personal life stuff is going great!! :)

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Quick question, what are you going to do about the official PM alt costumes that are going to be with 3.5? Are you going to replace them with your costumes or swap some of yours out for the PM ones?

DarkfireKurai

Smash Rookie
Oh why thank you! That means a lot to me to hear that! I would apply but I don't consider myself good enough in some areas to do so anytime soon (I'm still learning, got lots I want to learn beforehand!) but I'll keep doing my best!

Hope you'll get it fresh when it comes out! I'll do my best!

It'll be a long way away before I do (That and Smash3 is most likely going to release a pack) but if I were I'll be sure to look into it thanks!

UPDATE:

Firstly I'm going to update you all on a couple of changes with Zelda and a small one with Peach, firstly I replaced Sunshine Peach with Rosalina theme'd Peach, reason being that Sunshine version had arms way too thin, I might work on a version after release but for now I'm going use a Rosalina themed one (That or maybe the Smash4 Black Gold peach anyone?):

Right! Second update is Zelda, I decided to do an update on Zelda's textures all around, before I did some mixing and was never satisfied, this is attempt 3 so lemme know what you think of these!

NEW:

Changes with new version:
- Fixed Skin color
- Fixed brown hair and made it consistent with all other brown haired models
- I had a go at making a Hilda Dress over the current one, lemme know what you all think before I consider using it!
- CSP and render has been readjusted in size

I'm probably just nitpicking on Zelda but I wanted to make the best of every character! No exceptions!

Anyway before I clock off for tonight I'll leave some JUSTICE behind:

Render:

Now onto the costumes!

I think this came out much better than I expected, took some time thinking about the best way to approach this, I decided to make Blood Falcon it's own costume and use the Mars costume to give them a different feeling, with that in mind it gave me the idea of using Maritime blue plus the original Blue costume for Helmet-less Falcon, mainly because I was thinking of a good way to implement it, I hope I did a good job on these choices, lemme know what you think and if you like!
I think the Mach Rider costume for Captain Falcon could use some work. Maybe a bigger visor and some spikes. At the very least, the Mach Rider logo on his back.

MagicManNo9

Fantastic! I can't wait for Meta Knight, I like him a lot in PM.

Every day is one day closer!
I'll be doing some Meta Knight update this week actually so look forward to that!

I am SO HAPPY with the rosalina color theme for peach!!!! its outstanding!!!! so if this is gonna replace the sunshine peach, wouldnt it also replace one of the two costumes, the minty one (green)or that sky blue one, because its basically the same color. if thats the case, maybe u can replace another costume like u said the black one from smash 4. And one little note for falco, have u seen a costume for him where his skin/feathers are red? i cant remember where i saw it but it looked cool! and i know its kind of bothersome to request on a stage when ur in the process still but on patts edition, there was one stage where it was a bridge and it collapse and started floating on the river. it was really stunning background. sorry this was alot but please Keep up the good work codex and I hope ur personal life stuff is going great!! :)
Ohhhh, that certainly is a good point in regards to Blue Peach! I'll do some pick and mixing around with her on a later date, mainly because I really do like that Black and Gold one in Smash4, I'll also look into the Falco costume and stage you speak of! Also I'm glad you're liking how this build is going! And thanks! Life is really gooood right now!

FALLLCOOOOONNNN! YES!
Love that reaction! Glad you loving that Falcon Hype!

Quick question, what are you going to do about the official PM alt costumes that are going to be with 3.5? Are you going to replace them with your costumes or swap some of yours out for the PM ones?
That's a question I remember having to think about when I was picking out Toon Link's costumes, I did went with the original plan and kept the current costumes and said I'll deal with that when I cross that bridge, the main issue I have is that those alternate costumes, specifically the new color'd ones (Like outset Toon Link colors) are new team colors which can be problematic when I have so many amazing costumes to pick from, as for alt costumes in 3.5, I plan to include them and switch around the ones I think look best, and vise versa, two examples where I would take out a couple of Lucario's new recolor'd costumes and keep the original fighting one, another example would be Samus's 3.5 Light costume I plan to use over the temp one I currently have.

It'll be interesting to see what 3.5 has in store mind, I'm certainly curious to what they plan to do in some ares so I hope it works well when it comes out!

I think the Mach Rider costume for Captain Falcon could use some work. Maybe a bigger visor and some spikes. At the very least, the Mach Rider logo on his back.
I might do a couple of edits of my own when I get some free time I think!

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
last i saw, the mach rider model had a few issues with it. have those been addressed?
it was some scarf bone problems when he shields and some really really weird character placement when he grabs someone

Top Bottom