• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Darkevilprice995

Smash Cadet
Maybe some nintendo song suggestions?

Bravely Default: You Are My Hope

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/28813

Mario Kart 8: Moo Moo Meadows

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/45697

Okami: The Sun Rises
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/6874

DKC Tropical Freeze: Windmill Hills

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/43680

Fire Emblem: Awakening: Conquest (Ablaze)
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/35026

Super Mario Galaxy: Gusty Garden Galaxy

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Oh, Light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbiqhRllNsg
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-brstm-factory-request-a-song.267789/page-115#post-17487919

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Well the good thing I'm providing multiple versions to give people the choice on what they want in the build so you don't have to worry on that!

Ohhh that's a nice touch, I might try that out, might add a bit of gold to the belt to give off the same feeling SS white zelda has as well.

Oh and don't worry! If anyone wants anything from the build that isn't out I'll be more than happy to provide! I'll send over the Melee Sheik right now!

Thanks man! That means a lot to me to hear that! Glad people are liking the Sheik costume!

Firstly thanks for the support! I might have to look into Wario's costumes and see, I really like the Master of Disguise costumes in that game.

I'm actually hoping for someone to make a Ghost Ness funny enough, if I get good enough I'll give it a shot myself. I will say that Robot Ness and Zombie Wario are on the DLC list I have planned out, how the DLC packs will be released after the main one is done I think.

Iirc I know there is one gooood old Snake costume somewhere, I'll need to check again and if not I'll clean one up for the build, that and the glorious PM's Big Boss costume is really nice so I'll be sure to get that in.

Thanks! I will not be retexturing stages I don't think, funny you should mention that because I'm going to be creating three builds, a first one which will have (If I can get ASL working) a build with the stage expansion + Advance stage loader of chosen stages I picked out (I have a list but I want to get characters done first) a second build which will have the default PM build just with the costumes and TKBreezy's Tourney pack with the costumes added in, I hope that helps!
You should add the new tourney pack with the updated stage list and new norfair! Thanks for the heads up.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
This is looking super amazing and by far the best collection of mods I've ever seen.
It looks super professional and it's obvious you've been paying super attention to detail!

I really disliked how so many mod collections added really insane stuff that really seemed out of place, especially bizarre alternate costumes from various cartoons and unrelated games. Most of them were really poor quality too. I love that you're keeping the Project M mentality with this and only adding alternate costumes that make sense.

I really wish Brawl allowed more alternate costumes because the ones that'll be included and the optional ones look really good.

Also, a few questions.

Are you going to be updating this as other mods update? When the next big Project M update comes out are you going to add the new costumes from the update to this? And are you keeping track of Triforce Ganondorf mod to make sure that's up to date?

And I read that you might add some Lucina alts, will they include alternate voices or is that not even possible? And if it is possible to give alt costumes different voices what are the chances of giving Melee Link and Dark Pit their own voices?

This build might be making me more excited for Project M than Smash 4!

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
PLEASE COME OUT ALREADY BY BODY IS THROBBING FOR IT SENPAI!!!

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
If you have an issue with Smash4 Bowser I could just do 9 recolors for it like what you did for Wii U samus.
Also, I don't mean to sound like I'm advertising anything or bragging about anything but I also took one of the Wii U styled Toon Link Skin and applied it to Skyloft, Outset, Majora's Mask, and Conductor Link and made 5 recolors from it if you decide go forward with giving more characters Wii U styled looks. I won't show any pics unless you'd actually want to see them since I don't want to look like I'm showing off my stuff in your thread.
Well I'm actually considering to go back to the default Samus for Hitbox reasons as well as the fact that Smash 4 Samus looked really out of place no matter what I did when put up next to other characters (I spent three hours iirc just staring and comparing during gameplay/rim tests) and another reason being there's more verity to costumes, specially with PM 3.5 costumes coming out.

All of this I plan to do the same with Bowser, I want to make use of all the amazing top notch costumes out there rather than recolours overall, I'm not trying to recreate Smash4, just trying to make the best out of what's inspired of it, Melee, PM and even Brawl, I see where you're coming from though and will plan to make those as an optional pack, also if you want to show your Toon Link by all means do! Every little helps inspires me, even if it's just to look at! It'll help build ideas in my head!

Man, your work only keeps getting better and better! Simply incredible!! (HYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Can't wait for release!
Thanking you as always! Glad people are hyped for this!

Awww, was hoping for a HW Zelda, but these are still really good. I actually use Zelda in P:M, so Im hyped!
You know, before I made that post and looked and thought someone would think this exactly thing! I won't let you down when it comes to the real thing though! Going to work hard on all this!

Gonna have to use a couple of csp's, yours are beautifully made it. Can I suggest alternate poses for mah main Ike? Like his official PoR and RD artwork, the actual is fine but I think it need some fixes (like the angle, the position of the eyes, etc.).

Keep up the good work Codex, your build is amazing.
By all means help yourself to the CSPs! I'm glad you like em!

As for Ike, don't you worry, I need to do a second rework on him in any case and amazingly I plan to do his PoR and RD pose some more justice.

Also
Glorious Nowi btw~

Maybe some nintendo song suggestions?
Bravely Default: You Are My Hope
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/28813
Mario Kart 8: Moo Moo Meadows
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/45697

Okami: The Sun Rises
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/6874
DKC Tropical Freeze: Windmill Hills
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/43680

Fire Emblem: Awakening: Conquest (Ablaze)
Super Mario Galaxy: Gusty Garden Galaxy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Oh, Light!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbiqhRllNsg
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-brstm-factory-request-a-song.267789/page-115#post-17487919
I actually plan on using a few of these funny enough! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add them to the notebook (I actually have a word document listing all posible ideas and whatnot from everyone in case people wonder!)

You should add the new tourney pack with the updated stage list and new norfair! Thanks for the heads up.
I actually plan to do so! In fact it's one of the first release plans I'm going to do!

This is looking super amazing and by far the best collection of mods I've ever seen.
It looks super professional and it's obvious you've been paying super attention to detail!

I really disliked how so many mod collections added really insane stuff that really seemed out of place, especially bizarre alternate costumes from various cartoons and unrelated games. Most of them were really poor quality too. I love that you're keeping the Project M mentality with this and only adding alternate costumes that make sense.

I really wish Brawl allowed more alternate costumes because the ones that'll be included and the optional ones look really good.

Also, a few questions.

Are you going to be updating this as other mods update? When the next big Project M update comes out are you going to add the new costumes from the update to this? And are you keeping track of Triforce Ganondorf mod to make sure that's up to date?

And I read that you might add some Lucina alts, will they include alternate voices or is that not even possible? And if it is possible to give alt costumes different voices what are the chances of giving Melee Link and Dark Pit their own voices?

This build might be making me more excited for Project M than Smash 4!
Firstly, thank you for the support! I've been working on this build for quite a while now and looking back it's quite amazing how much has changed over the period of time, it's really been quite an experience so far and I'm so glad it's gotten this far!

Originally on your point about how a lot of builds have a mixture of costumes that felt out of place mixed in with some amazing ones, I remember that being the original idea on my build, in fact if I remember correctly, this was originally a personal build at first before I took it to a thread and wanted to pick out the best costumes.

And in regards to the brawl having more costumes, so true! I see some optional ones and constantly think if I should switch them out or not, it can be quite a challenge in itself at times.

Right onto your questions now, for the first one I plan to keep everything updated time and time, with 3.5 we need to wait and see how CBliss and other mods will be effected on it, once I get a good idea on it I can then work on it, which I plan to do asap when 3.5 does inevitably come out. Also I'm actually keeping watch on the Tri-force mod page always making sure Ganon is updated!

Now the question on Lucina is a tricky one, a while back I looked into the idea of seeing if I can implement voices into specific costumes, found out that someone had tried to do that with Link's OOT and sorta got it working, I'm not fully adept at this kind of thing but as far as plans go, it's something I'm going to look into, even more so after finding out Smash4 has alt characters like Alph etc, so if it works out having Lucina with full sounds and whatnot would just be 10/10 in my book if it works in the future, would also apply to every character like Melee Link and Dark pit and so forth, going to try my best on it and hope!

I'll keep working hard to make this as best as I can!

PLEASE COME OUT ALREADY BY BODY IS THROBBING FOR IT SENPAI!!!
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 10/10, will be working so much harder now after that!

Uh, I'll be answering on behalf of Codex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
INDEED!

UPDATE:

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I actually had Hyrule Warriors Arrive two days early so I ended up staying up way too late playing it and I have to say it's fantastic and loving it~ But that's not what the update is about, I got two so let's jump in!

I actually used the Old CSP pose of Yoshi (Which is based on Smash4's pose of course~) did and changed him about a bit with this updated version.

There's not much I can say in regards to the costumes, but I did add back in the Purple Yoshi due to demand (That and I think one day PM should make a Purple Team color just for fun haha) I plan to make Boshi optional, as stated before I'm just going all out on costumes for the build and getting this release out first as a priority.

I think that's it for Yoshi, that'll make up for yesterday's update I hope, but I got two updates so let's jump into Wario! (That came out wrong but you get what I mean!)

Wario's post is a bit tricky, if you took a look at the official Render for Wario in Smash4, you'll noticed he's ripped around his arms compared to this brawl self which I found mind blowing. Anyway's costume time!

This time I added Pirate Hat Wario which I recently found and was really fun to use, I kept everything else as before, for anyone who ask's, the reason for Pirate Wario's placement is due to the fact that there's 6 costume slots for Ware and Original and the Pirate covers an Original costume slot as I can't use the Ware ones due to team color reasons.

I think that's it for tonight! Time to play some more Hyrule Warriors and work on a couple more characters in the meantime!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OH MY GOD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!

IT'S

SO

****ING

BEAUTIFUL

---

It looks really great, haha. Really loving those renders, especially Yoshi's upgraded one.

One thing I'd like to know, though...

What in the world is going on with Wario's right arm in his render? It sort of bends out and does some polygonal dance from his shirt sleeve to his arm, and looks a bit odd...

Alsooo, could you possibly release a stage list, what stages you have ATM, or whatever? I kinda want to look for some music~

---

Oh, and as long as it's okay, I'm making you some stock icons for your new renders. I'm not sure if you're making your own, but I really wanted to help, so I'm starting them right now. (Don't feel bad to tell me you don't want me to do them! This is your project, not mine. I just want to contribute in some way, so it's a little easier, haha)

ALSO KIRBY PLS

okay i know this may be "inconsistent" but can you PLEASE fix Kirby's textures in his render?

i don't care about his costumes but for his render plesae, PLEASE make it actual kirby colored instead of that gross, bland, washed out pink color

please

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
What in the world is going on with Wario's right arm in his render? It sort of bends out and does some polygonal dance from his shirt sleeve to his arm, and looks a bit odd...
I can explain what probably happened. Codex did WarioWare first which has the Biker jacket and rips coming out from the biker jacket. Those cover Wario's shoulder a bit so when moving his arm around, you don't see how twisted it looks. When you go to Classic Wario, the arm twisting is much more noticable. I know this because I just did some Wario posing yesterday and that's exactly what happened to me when I tried posing WarioWare Wario and then giving the pose to Classic Wario. If he wants to improve the pose, I suggest Codex take his Wario Pose, and redo the arm to fit Classic Wario a bit more to make it look less weird(which is only noticable on the huge render though, so he doesn't really need to do anything unless he wants to make the super huge renders better).

One thing that's a problem though is the weird black lines on WarioWare's renders where the Jacket is supposed to be ripped.

BravoGangUS

Smash Rookie
Do you plan on sticking with your Dr Mario CSPs or are you going to update it to better match the Smash 4 one now that the game's render is available?

Also here is a link for renders of each character in Smash 4
http://imgur.com/a/XhUFh

Last edited:

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
Well I'm actually considering to go back to the default Samus for Hitbox reasons as well as the fact that Smash 4 Samus looked really out of place no matter what I did when put up next to other characters (I spent three hours iirc just staring and comparing during gameplay/rim tests) and another reason being there's more verity to costumes, specially with PM 3.5 costumes coming out.

All of this I plan to do the same with Bowser, I want to make use of all the amazing top notch costumes out there rather than recolours overall, I'm not trying to recreate Smash4, just trying to make the best out of what's inspired of it, Melee, PM and even Brawl, I see where you're coming from though and will plan to make those as an optional pack, also if you want to show your Toon Link by all means do! Every little helps inspires me, even if it's just to look at! It'll help build ideas in my head!

Thanking you as always! Glad people are hyped for this!

You know, before I made that post and looked and thought someone would think this exactly thing! I won't let you down when it comes to the real thing though! Going to work hard on all this!

By all means help yourself to the CSPs! I'm glad you like em!

As for Ike, don't you worry, I need to do a second rework on him in any case and amazingly I plan to do his PoR and RD pose some more justice.

Also
Glorious Nowi btw~

I actually plan on using a few of these funny enough! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add them to the notebook (I actually have a word document listing all posible ideas and whatnot from everyone in case people wonder!)

I actually plan to do so! In fact it's one of the first release plans I'm going to do!

Firstly, thank you for the support! I've been working on this build for quite a while now and looking back it's quite amazing how much has changed over the period of time, it's really been quite an experience so far and I'm so glad it's gotten this far!

Originally on your point about how a lot of builds have a mixture of costumes that felt out of place mixed in with some amazing ones, I remember that being the original idea on my build, in fact if I remember correctly, this was originally a personal build at first before I took it to a thread and wanted to pick out the best costumes.

And in regards to the brawl having more costumes, so true! I see some optional ones and constantly think if I should switch them out or not, it can be quite a challenge in itself at times.

Right onto your questions now, for the first one I plan to keep everything updated time and time, with 3.5 we need to wait and see how CBliss and other mods will be effected on it, once I get a good idea on it I can then work on it, which I plan to do asap when 3.5 does inevitably come out. Also I'm actually keeping watch on the Tri-force mod page always making sure Ganon is updated!

Now the question on Lucina is a tricky one, a while back I looked into the idea of seeing if I can implement voices into specific costumes, found out that someone had tried to do that with Link's OOT and sorta got it working, I'm not fully adept at this kind of thing but as far as plans go, it's something I'm going to look into, even more so after finding out Smash4 has alt characters like Alph etc, so if it works out having Lucina with full sounds and whatnot would just be 10/10 in my book if it works in the future, would also apply to every character like Melee Link and Dark pit and so forth, going to try my best on it and hope!

I'll keep working hard to make this as best as I can!

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 10/10, will be working so much harder now after that!

INDEED!

UPDATE:

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I actually had Hyrule Warriors Arrive two days early so I ended up staying up way too late playing it and I have to say it's fantastic and loving it~ But that's not what the update is about, I got two so let's jump in!

I actually used the Old CSP pose of Yoshi (Which is based on Smash4's pose of course~) did and changed him about a bit with this updated version.

There's not much I can say in regards to the costumes, but I did add back in the Purple Yoshi due to demand (That and I think one day PM should make a Purple Team color just for fun haha) I plan to make Boshi optional, as stated before I'm just going all out on costumes for the build and getting this release out first as a priority.

I think that's it for Yoshi, that'll make up for yesterday's update I hope, but I got two updates so let's jump into Wario! (That came out wrong but you get what I mean!)

Wario's post is a bit tricky, if you took a look at the official Render for Wario in Smash4, you'll noticed he's ripped around his arms compared to this brawl self which I found mind blowing. Anyway's costume time!

This time I added Pirate Hat Wario which I recently found and was really fun to use, I kept everything else as before, for anyone who ask's, the reason for Pirate Wario's placement is due to the fact that there's 6 costume slots for Ware and Original and the Pirate covers an Original costume slot as I can't use the Ware ones due to team color reasons.

I think that's it for tonight! Time to play some more Hyrule Warriors and work on a couple more characters in the meantime!
Awesom Yoshi and Wario csp's! Since you are working on Wario I wanted to see if you can make jis GBC costume. I know that he had a black and white one in brawl... but the costume had other colors involved and his shoes were the wrong color. I wanted to ask you if you can make an authentic Wario land( much easier if you did Land 2 or 3) based costume for this build? Also, is there a way to make Ike look like his smash 4 Chris Redfield style?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

OH MY GOD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!

IT'S

SO

****ING

BEAUTIFUL

---

It looks really great, haha. Really loving those renders, especially Yoshi's upgraded one.

One thing I'd like to know, though...

Alsooo, could you possibly release a stage list, what stages you have ATM, or whatever? I kinda want to look for some music~

---

Oh, and as long as it's okay, I'm making you some stock icons for your new renders. I'm not sure if you're making your own, but I really wanted to help, so I'm starting them right now. (Don't feel bad to tell me you don't want me to do them! This is your project, not mine. I just want to contribute in some way, so it's a little easier, haha)

ALSO KIRBY PLS

okay i know this may be "inconsistent" but can you PLEASE fix Kirby's textures in his render?

i don't care about his costumes but for his render plesae, PLEASE make it actual kirby colored instead of that gross, bland, washed out pink color

please
Ohhh yeah, going to be re-working Wario a bit, I'm planning to do another pose for him as well as fix the arm! As for Kirby don't you worry! Will give em the best treatment when I get to it!

Cool! How many characters are left at this point before initial release?
I'll need to go through them all again before I get a full count, I really should update the front page haha!

I can explain what probably happened. Codex did WarioWare first which has the Biker jacket and rips coming out from the biker jacket. Those cover Wario's shoulder a bit so when moving his arm around, you don't see how twisted it looks. When you go to Classic Wario, the arm twisting is much more noticable. I know this because I just did some Wario posing yesterday and that's exactly what happened to me when I tried posing WarioWare Wario and then giving the pose to Classic Wario. If he wants to improve the pose, I suggest Codex take his Wario Pose, and redo the arm to fit Classic Wario a bit more to make it look less weird(which is only noticable on the huge render though, so he doesn't really need to do anything unless he wants to make the super huge renders better).

One thing that's a problem though is the weird black lines on WarioWare's renders where the Jacket is supposed to be ripped.
Holy crap I did not see that! I'm feeling a bit silly right now with all these little mistakes, going to fix Wario up on my next update!

Do you plan on sticking with your Dr Mario CSPs or are you going to update it to better match the Smash 4 one now that the game's render is available?

Also here is a link for renders of each character in Smash 4
http://imgur.com/a/XhUFh
Oh yes, got that book marked and been looking through them! I plan to work on Dr. Mario again after the release is what I got planned so far, (Same with Ness) will be using all of these as reference!

Awesom Yoshi and Wario csp's! Since you are working on Wario I wanted to see if you can make jis GBC costume. I know that he had a black and white one in brawl... but the costume had other colors involved and his shoes were the wrong color. I wanted to ask you if you can make an authentic Wario land( much easier if you did Land 2 or 3) based costume for this build? Also, is there a way to make Ike look like his smash 4 Chris Redfield style?
I'm going to use the ones I put out first, I will however plan to take those in for the DLC section in the future, I'm not currently doing costume requests due to trying to get my release out with what I got, and it would take too much time considering what I have sadly.

Oh in regards to Ike though, I know someone is working on Smash4 Ike but not for a while from what I know, again I'm not trying to recreate Smash4, just taking inspiration from all Smash games, that and I Ripped Ike would need to consider his Hitboxes and whatnot, we'll see how it goes when it comes out though!

Wait, are you taking stage suggestions now? Also how long until this bad boy comes out?
Well I take all suggestions into account but will pick out what I think is best overall, I'm aiming for Mid October at this rate I'm hoping!

UPDATE:

Been playing Hyrule Warriors and getting hyped playing it, so I decided to work on Ganon!

Tried to get Ganon as close as possible to his original Smash4 Pose in this attempt.

Just as before I kept these costumes as before but I also worked on a couple of other things:

Ganon's Melee pose! Since I gave Fox and Link that treatment I felt it was right to do the same:

And I did one for Beast Ganon as well since I'm at it:

I more or less based the pose on this, mainly because it was a themed costume:

Anyway that's it for tonights update! I hope you like! And I'll work on fixing a few things as mentioned!

Last edited:

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
Ohhh yeah, going to be re-working Wario a bit, I'm planning to do another pose for him as well as fix the arm! As for Kirby don't you worry! Will give em the best treatment when I get to it!

I'll need to go through them all again before I get a full count, I really should update the front page haha!

Holy crap I did not see that! I'm feeling a bit silly right now with all these little mistakes, going to fix Wario up on my next update!

Oh yes, got that book marked and been looking through them! I plan to work on Dr. Mario again after the release is what I got planned so far, (Same with Ness) will be using all of these as reference!

I'm going to use the ones I put out first, I will however plan to take those in for the DLC section in the future, I'm not currently doing costume requests due to trying to get my release out with what I got, and it would take too much time considering what I have sadly.

Oh in regards to Ike though, I know someone is working on Smash4 Ike but not for a while from what I know, again I'm not trying to recreate Smash4, just taking inspiration from all Smash games, that and I Ripped Ike would need to consider his Hitboxes and whatnot, we'll see how it goes when it comes out though!

Well I take all suggestions into account but will pick out what I think is best overall, I'm aiming for Mid October at this rate I'm hoping!

UPDATE:

Been playing Hyrule Warriors and getting hyped playing it, so I decided to work on Ganon!

Tried to get Ganon as close as possible to his original Smash4 Pose in this attempt.

Just as before I kept these costumes as before but I also worked on a couple of other things:

Ganon's Melee pose! Since I gave Fox and Link that treatment I felt it was right to do the same:

And I did one for Beast Ganon as well since I'm at it:

I more or less based the pose on this, mainly because it was a themed costume:

Anyway that's it for tonights update! I hope you like! And I'll work on fixing a few things as mentioned!
Well that's ok, the Ganondorf pose looks really good and I am really liking the Melee ganon pose
(Still waiting for some one to make HW ganon a reality though!).

I don't know how you edit the characters or the process but, is it possible that you can improve the textures on beast ganon to make hime look more menacing for future releases?

If there is one person who can give Wario his classic attire it is you Codex!

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
UPDATE:

It looks exactly the same as the official Smash 4 render, it is so good that fooled me at first :laugh:

Meleedorf looks awesome too, save that pose for the future official PM Alt (and recolors).

All hail Nowi! Tomorrow is her birthday and today is mine, close enough huh?

Last edited:

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
When you work on :lucas:, are you planning on making a Claus or a Masked Man alt? I'm happy with your work either way, just curious!

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Say, on the topic of Zelda characters, can you make unique CSPs for OOT Sheik and Zelda and their recolours so to complete the Triforce (With Ganondorf and Link I mean)?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

QUICK UPDATE:

Sorry everyone! I was away for the weekend! Just wanted everyone to know this first when they see this message!

Well that's ok, the Ganondorf pose looks really good and I am really liking the Melee ganon pose
(Still waiting for some one to make HW ganon a reality though!).

I don't know how you edit the characters or the process but, is it possible that you can improve the textures on beast ganon to make hime look more menacing for future releases?

If there is one person who can give Wario his classic attire it is you Codex!
I might re-do the Beast Ganon pose, doesn't come off as badass enough, so I'll need to do something about that!

(Also iirc, someone is actually working on a HW Ganon so I'm holding in for that one! Played Hyrule Warriors and Ganon is awesome in it!)

It looks exactly the same as the official Smash 4 render, it is so good that fooled me at first :laugh:

Meleedorf looks awesome too, save that pose for the future official PM Alt (and recolors).

All hail Nowi! Tomorrow is her birthday and today is mine, close enough huh?
So glad to hear the renders/CSP is up to that standard! Makes me even more motivated to hear!

Also I know it's a couple of days late since I was dragged out but I still want to say Happy late Birthday from me and here you go~

Say, on the topic of Zelda characters, can you make unique CSPs for OOT Sheik and Zelda and their recolours so to complete the Triforce (With Ganondorf and Link I mean)?
I plan to do so soon! Will work on it at a later date when plans are freed up!

WHEN CAN I FREAKING DOWNLOAD THIIIS >:OOO!!!
SOOOOON Doing my best to get the best of it and through all of this!

Im excited to play on this!
I certainly hope you do! Thanks!

UPDATE:

First update at the top was just to say where I've been over the weekend, it was sudden so I didn't get any time to leave a message or so, I shall continue in any case and sorry all that were waiting in for a daily update!

^ Just a side note, Theophany makes fantastic music~

Toon Link:
Render:

As you can guess, it's a Toon Link update, also thanks to @Taiko for helping me fix a problem I was stumped at with Outset Toon Link's render!

Just a HD/HQ CSP update this time around with Toon Link, minor fixes here and there which are more or less texture things no one would probably notice but as I said before, every detail counts!

But since this was a late update I actually spent time working on Kirby, so with that said and done, let's go to the next update!

Before anyone points out, yes, the WW music did get me wanting to play serious 10/10 Kirby Music for pump up reasons~

Kirby:
Render:

Kirby's render wasn't difficult, however sitting down staring at all the costumes, looking at them side by side and thinking if something is out place, that there took a very long time, I was never happy with the original Kirby update I did back then, this time however I felt pretty good about it.

But it all depends on what you all think, so I hope you all like what I picked out!

I'm using a placeholder Purple and GB one for when 3.5's versions come out, Meta Kirby because that costume is so good and since Pac Man isn't in this game I decided to use a Pacman theme'd Kirby which I hope people like! Also to add, the Kirby's are updated with more vibrancy to make them more colorful!

I've sorta updated the front page with the right CSP's/Costumes, still cleaning up and working on it but again apologies for being away and as always, I hope everyone likes!

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Rest in Pieces @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima

I love your choice of Kirby costumes. I really like them.

I dislike Toon Link just because Brawl Toon Link is just blergh but the costumes choice and colors are nice.

Also, since you said you wouldn't mind seeing them and since you just showed off Toon Link, I guess now's as good a time as ever to show you the Wii U styled Toon Link I edited from this

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Toon Link is unbelievable.
Thanks! I'm went all out on Toon Link!

Reserved, you can die happy now.
I certainly hope he likes it! I put a lot of thought on Kirby in these choices~

Rest in Pieces @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima

I love your choice of Kirby costumes. I really like them.

I dislike Toon Link just because Brawl Toon Link is just blergh but the costumes choice and colors are nice.

Also, since you said you wouldn't mind seeing them and since you just showed off Toon Link, I guess now's as good a time as ever to show you the Wii U styled Toon Link I edited from this
Thanks! The Toon Link colors I actually went through all of them to make sure they had the same level of hair, tone, color and vibrancy, people'd be suprised at the amount of time that gets put into this!

Also I really like those! I'm going to probably release packs afterwards for those that wanted a full like Smash4/Wii U like experience, like Smash4 Samus, Bowser etc so those will help when I get around to doing those packs after release!

MagicManNo9

Apologies to double post but I missed out on a reply!
When you work on :lucas:, are you planning on making a Claus or a Masked Man alt? I'm happy with your work either way, just curious!
Sorry! I missed out replying to this message on accident, anyways, in regards to Lucas I was thinking what would be a good idea, I was considering to use a Masked man alt since I really do like that costume, as well as Claus one, I'm going to work on Lucas some time soon so expect and update on him soon~

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975

One of the aspects I'm more obsessed with is the CSS, glad you're making your own icons. And is gonna be good if you change the order of the icons, some of them in vPM irks me (like Wario before Mario, Wolf before Fox, etc), for this I use http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36176 is easy to use (files you need: RSBE01.gct)

And thank you for dat fanart! one more piece to my Nowi gallery :happysheep:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Codex, I really love the Smash4 style and colors but do you think I'm taking it too far with this?
It's almost like I missed the point of Skyloft Link.

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
I see those updated renders on the front page. Looking good! And gradient background helps the back of the CSS portraits a lot.

MagicManNo9

One of the aspects I'm more obsessed with is the CSS, glad you're making your own icons. And is gonna be good if you change the order of the icons, some of them in vPM irks me (like Wario before Mario, Wolf before Fox, etc), for this I use http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36176 is easy to use (files you need: RSBE01.gct)

And thank you for dat fanart! one more piece to my Nowi gallery :happysheep:
Creating CSS is actually something I didn't think would be hard but it's one of those things you sit there, stare at the screen and think if it's out of place or not, I'm actually very surprised on how it's turning out so far~

You know, I did not know that existed until now, I'm actually amazed I didn't see it when I checking out some of the stuff by Mewtwo2000, so yes! I'm going to be rearranging the order because of some of the things that always bothered me with the structure, like Wario before Mario like you said, thanks for this!

Codex, I really love the Smash4 style and colors but do you think I'm taking it too far with this?
It's almost like I missed the point of Skyloft Link.
I don't personally think it's going too far! (I will say those eyes though) Also I'll link ya to this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59793.525 somone who is working on a new Skyward Link with expressions, it's pretty amazing stuff, same guy that did Samus Smash4.

Best Kirby ever. I will forever use this
I've been waiting for a Pac-Kirby for such a long time, it feels good when someone releases the exact one in my mind I'm glad you like the CSP as well!

I see those updated renders on the front page. Looking good! And gradient background helps the back of the CSS portraits a lot.
Thanks! And definitely! CSS gradient came from the Smash4 icons in the 3DS version, makes it stand out a lot more!

MagicManNo9

While we're on the topic of the CSS screen, do you intend on keeping it grey in the background? Not sure if I'm the only one, but it seems like some color back there would be cool.

Also... to the list?

BRAVELY SECOND - OST 03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgqY8gPYXY
I'm actually planning to create 3 versions! A PM Purple one, a Grey/White one and as you said, a Black/Grey one! Also glorious Bravely Default OST!

Any way to make a Mirror Shield version of Majora Toon Link? Because that's the one I use.
I'll get to making an optional CSP for that! Will have it up tomorrow because it's quite late over here!

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
That Toon Link is pure genius, love the usage of colors, as for the young link throwback one, I remember seeing a "Young Toon Link" that changed Toon Links hair to match that of Young Link, it was a really interesting concept and maybe an idea to think about, either way, this is still looking to be one of the best texture projects out there, with some of the most unique concepts out there (Pac Kirby is hype) and you seem to have alot on your plate, so take your time man, we can wait ( a few may die from hype, but hey, losses happen)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Loving the great designs! Those Kirby costumes are looking really, really great!

I was trying to create my own renders based on the Smash 4 Poses and ended up choosing Charizard as my prototype:

I had a great time doing it. I was waiting to see more of your work regarding the Pokemons, specially Charizard and Lucario, since the got those Mega Forms as alternates and I can't wait to see which poses you are going to create specially for them.

Thanks again for the hard work and for the constant updates! Can't wait for this build to be released!

MagicManNo9

MESSAGE TO ALL:

I'm going to be pretty busy until Friday, I'm preparing for an upcoming Job interview in working with games so that's the reason I've been a bit slow on updates sorry!

I'm also helping out the amazing people at the Smash3 Project with rendering and such, mainly because it's getting closer and closer to that date so I'm doing my best on both sides!

This won't effect my build in case anyone wonders though! Just that job interview is what's got me on hold til Friday!

Oh, I made a request to AlGeorgeRomo weeks ago:

It's the brother-costume of Chrom-Ike. It only lacks a proper design in the cape (Robin's back has some purple lines). He made a very good job, link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206102
I'm at such a lose here, on the one side I kept Ike's Chrom themed texture but at the same time I really like this Robin one! Though I can just do both is what I think I might do~

Also you requested that? Thanks! It's one of my personal fav Ike Textures out there!

That Toon Link is pure genius, love the usage of colors, as for the young link throwback one, I remember seeing a "Young Toon Link" that changed Toon Links hair to match that of Young Link, it was a really interesting concept and maybe an idea to think about, either way, this is still looking to be one of the best texture projects out there, with some of the most unique concepts out there (Pac Kirby is hype) and you seem to have alot on your plate, so take your time man, we can wait ( a few may die from hype, but hey, losses happen)
Apologies for the late reply! I'll take a look into that Young Toon Link and see how it is! And thanks so much! At this point in time I've been going through quite a lot but recently it's been picking up so hearing you that really makes my night! Will be going all out!

Loving the great designs! Those Kirby costumes are looking really, really great!

I was trying to create my own renders based on the Smash 4 Poses and ended up choosing Charizard as my prototype:

I had a great time doing it. I was waiting to see more of your work regarding the Pokemons, specially Charizard and Lucario, since the got those Mega Forms as alternates and I can't wait to see which poses you are going to create specially for them.

Thanks again for the hard work and for the constant updates! Can't wait for this build to be released!
Wow! I'm liking that Charizard pose! I'm actually working on a similar one so I'll be doing a Charizard/Ike update on Friday most likely! And as always it makes me more motivated hearing the support from people! Will be going all out on this! And Expect some Mega evolution pose on top of that~

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
MESSAGE TO ALL:

I'm going to be pretty busy until Friday, I'm preparing for an upcoming Job interview in working with games so that's the reason I've been a bit slow on updates sorry!
There's no need to apologize to us because of real life. Best of luck on your interview too.

Also, you don't need to get to this right away but,
I'm trying to do a Smash4 Doc pose, could you "review" it? I'm aware that the pill & left hand look kinda weird and that the eyes are in the wrong position though.
but you don't need to check on it right away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom